NJ - Sean Goldman: Abducted and living in Brazil UPDATE: Coming Home

I saw the Dateline interview with Sean Goldman. Incredible! Wow. Everyone needs to see it. Such a mature and composed kid whose been through so much.

You can see how strong his bond is with his dad. He never forgot him and is very grateful that he fought for him all those years. Please try to watch it if you can, everyone!!!!!!!!! Well worth it to see how well Sean is doing and how much he loves his dad.

I saw the Dateline interview with Sean Goldman. Incredible! Wow. Everyone needs to see it. Such a mature and composed kid whose been through so much.

You can see how strong his bond is with his dad. He never forgot him and is very grateful that he fought for him all those years. Please try to watch it if you can, everyone!!!!!!!!! Well worth it to see how well Sean is doing and how much he loves his dad.

I KNOW. What a fine young man. I am so glad I got to see that interview. Now if only the grandmother in Brazil can come and visit and accept his new life, that would be great for him, imo. I would love for him to know his baby sister and his grandmother. But she needs to stop trying to fight for him to be returned to the stepfather. JMO

After watching the video, I'm confused. Sean's father says his grandmother is welcome to come visit them in NJ but he wants her to stop the litigation. The grandmother's attorney says that she has not been permitted to even email or speak with Sean. Is Sean's father holding out on any communication until she drops the case?

After watching the video, I'm confused. Sean's father says his grandmother is welcome to come visit them in NJ but he wants her to stop the litigation. The grandmother's attorney says that she has not been permitted to even email or speak with Sean. Is Sean's father holding out on any communication until she drops the case?

There are conditions that have to be met before any visitation, which I find very logical and reasonable, considering the trauma they put this child through. One is that they have to end litigation and two is that they cannot publicize the visit.

I think Sean has contacted his grandmother via text message, early on, but in this interview, he stated, IIRC, that he didn't want to talk to grandma because it would make him too sad.

You have to understand, the grandma did a lot of damage to this child. She facilitated her daughter's abduction of Sean. She then facilitated her son-in-law keeping Sean from his daddy once the mother was dead. Most horrible, she was part of a campaign of parental alienation that was extremely abusive to Sean. That culminated in that horrible gauntlet they forced Sean to walk through to be handed over to his father. There was no need for that.

So, she is an incredibly dangerous person. I would not allow her telephone contact with Sean because I think the possibility that she would say subtle things, in a language I can't understand, to continue her campaign of alienation, would be high.

I would not allow visitation until she dropped the litigation. She has no right to continue this. I would then only allow supervised, therapeutic visitation. This child has been through enough.

He seems to be doing well right now. Let him re-establish contact when he is older and better able to protect himself.

There is video here - David Goldman: Brazilians dragged my son through streets

Sean does not contact the grandmother; IIRC it's in one of the videos; he's pretty clear that he wants to be older & better able to deal with it. Sounds like he's afraid of being abducted again. It will be a cold day before he sees her again IMO. Look at his eyes when he talks. So sad what he knows she put him through.

Has anyone been following David & Sean? I found the link below but don't have time to read right now. Hope they're doing well.

Goldman Case on Bring Sean Home

People may not want to hear this, but love is not enough to make a marriage work. When you have kids, your whole world, mindset, everything changes. And if you had a nice childhood, you want that same thing for your child. When you marry someone from another country with a very different culture and a lot of family still in that home country, You run a risk. It is like being 2 different religions but nobody cares, 'cause who goes to church, right? You would not believe how it can change once a child is born. There is a reason older people recommend you marry someone from a similar background. And it is not about hate, race, and skin color, either. What the mother did to Sean is wrong, illegal. But once she did it, look how long it has taken to try to fix this. Your kid only gets one childhood. Use your brain, not just your heart, before you make babies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back