GA GA - Holly Fox Strickland, 32, Oakwood, 2 Feb 2014

For that reason, he said, investigators often keep the cause of death under wraps. In both the Strickland and Weil cases, Wiley said investigators have identified a manner of death but will not release it to the public.

Should of caught that, but I just took the lead from the article...

http://www.accessnorthga.com/detail.php?n=285206

COLD CASE: Young mother was shot to death behind Oakwood home
By B.J. Williams Administrator

*snip*

The 32-year-old had been shot to death, a piece of the investigation that had not been revealed until Monday, when Hall County Sheriff's Office investigators decided to release the information.

More at link above

"Investigators say there were no physical injuries on Strickland's body. They say she was divorced but living with her ex-in-laws."

http://www.accessnorthga.com/detail.php?n=285206

COLD CASE: Young mother was shot to death behind Oakwood home
By B.J. Williams Administrator

*snip*

The 32-year-old had been shot to death, a piece of the investigation that had not been revealed until Monday, when Hall County Sheriff's Office investigators decided to release the information.

More at link above

BBM

:waitasec:

The same thing stood out to me as well. No physical injuries and COD being homicide by gunshot are about as far apart as you can get. I can't even reconcile that one, unless there's a way to get shot without it immediately showing up upon initial exam? Is that even possible?

(This is a good example imo of how often msm/LE initially reports no sign of foul play, when that is not the case. Jmo)

Did anyone even look around for her? She was missing from the same property address she lived at! 5-6 days of evidence worn away by the elements. Hard to pin the time of death, lividity, animal disturbance. If you have to take a missing persons report, would it kill to send a patrol officer out with a flashlight to search the house and property? That really made me mad!

Did anyone even look around for her? She was missing from the same property address she lived at! 5-6 days of evidence worn away by the elements. Hard to pin the time of death, lividity, animal disturbance. If you have to take a missing persons report, would it kill to send a patrol officer out with a flashlight to search the house and property? That really made me mad!

Yes I agree, Wendybtn! Two things that stood out to me: I'm thinking of the case of Amy Wyro, this week, of whom LE said no visible signs of foul play, then it was released she died from a gunshot wound to the head (entry through oral cavity)...just like in this case, the reports seemed contradictory.

Second: If Holly was living with her ex in-laws, I wonder how close she still was to her ex-husband. Did they still associate? Maybe she was trying to move forward with her life or a new relationship, and he became jealous? All speculation, but we really don't have much concrete info.

So sad to look at her Facebook, see posts and pics of her kids...she just posted a couple of weeks ago, and now she's gone :(

http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/section/6/article/115000/

Oakwood woman’s family seeks answers to 2014 slaying
February 7, 2016 12:22 a.m.

*snips*

The loved ones of Holly Fox Strickland will let Chinese floating lanterns fly this weekend to honor the memory of a mother killed two years ago.

Two years later, the Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Deputy Nicole Bailes said no new leads have developed in the case.

More at link above

What a sad case. She seemed so sweet and loving.

Somebody got away with murder. :gaah:

Maybe with dad?
I worked with her husband many years ago, he was a produce manager at Kroger. He had been to federal prison for meth in the past before I knew him, he was on probation when I knew him. After he got off probation he started back on meth and any other upper he could find. I worked with her too for a short while when she worked at the same Kroger with her ex husband and I. Such a strange case.

Mother concerned of lost evidence in daughter’s 2014 cold case
“It’s been five years, and I don’t feel like they know anymore now than they did when they started. I’m not saying that they’re not working on it, but my concern is that evidence is going to be misplaced or lost, and I feel like they could do it more aggressively,” Patterson said.

Attempts to reach Investigator Ashley Corwin for comment on the case were unsuccessful. In 2016, the Sheriff’s Office said they had not developed any new leads.

Holly Fox Strickland cold-case murder reopened
•Mar 26, 2021
March 25 2021
Holly Fox Strickland murder case to be re-examined | 11alive.com
2cd09d2e-1c86-4cdb-b561-d22213e2b05d_1920x1080.jpg

''According to the Hall County Sheriff's Office, detectives will be investing additional time and resources through the year to comb over the case files. They added they also have plans to conduct follow-up interviews and seek out new DNA tests, according to officials.

Investigators, who have been in recent contact with Strickland’s family, said they hope the work will pay off and provide answers for them.

“Holly’s family deserves closure, and whoever is responsible for her death should be held accountable,” Hall County Sheriff's Investigator Alford said. “I hope our ongoing efforts and renewed public awareness will accomplish that.”

“We’re asking that anyone who has information about Holly’s death or events leading up to it to please contact us,” Alford said. “No new detail is too small.”

Anyone who may have details to share on the case is asked to either call (770) 533-7690 or the anonymous tip line at (770) 503-3232. Emails can also be sent to malford@hallcounty.org.''

I'm not at all surprised to see this update after watching the Discovery Channel series Secrets, Lies, and Private-eyes.

I'm surprised reading the posts from when she was missing and later recovered. The episode that this case was covered hid a lot of the frustration that LE was responsible. They didn't say simple shot, but shot in the face. How is that not an obvious sign of foul play or injury? Then the whole discovery of the body, 5 days later just on the other side of the fence, where she is known to take calls? How was the entire property searched, yet she was missed?

So many questions that make it hard to formulate an opinion on who the offender is without further research.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back