2009.05.19. Casey Anthony Civil Hearing @ 10:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
George is not happy!
12-0700212.jpg

He sorta looks like the Grinch in this photo. I think he looks very tired.

Thank you all for letting us know what transpired. Can we infer that the motion to drop the case was denied?

With the judge allowing Punitive Damages Amendment the Civil Case will continue?
Is there another hearing concerning Dropping the Civil Case.
I did not see it all, but I don't remember hearing the Judge say he is denying the Defenses Motion to drop the Civil Suit

Yes..

Hi Tater:blowkiss:
Really over? Any rulings?
Thanks to all for the commentary!

Hi MissJames! :blowkiss:

Unfortunately, I missed the beginning, so I didn't get to see Kasen getting in trouble, but the most significant ruling I heard was allowing the motion for punitive damages to proceed.

I'm still sorting out the decision on forcing KC to answer to the discovery articulation 20 questions. (Where she pled the 5th).

Thank you all for letting us know what transpired. Can we infer that the motion to drop the case was denied?

I would think so. The two reasons Kasen gave to begin with were so lame...unbelievable!

I'mma be completely honest.....I heard a few things and typed them out as I was listening....kinda like that lady that was sitting all spread-eagle and goin' to town on that recorder deal and everything in court (you guys who saw know what I'm talkin' about)....so I'm not really sure what happened...except that they made a comment about "splitting babies" and that they were in trouble for not respecting the court. Other than that, I'm clueless and would love an explanation from all ya'll smart folks! :)

What, exactly, did Kasen say that was so rude? (I missed that part) So does this mean that CA has to appear in court on Thurs to have the judge compel her to answer JMs question? The A's looked pizzed off when they left the court; too bad, so sad!

George is not happy!

MOO

George and Cindy are ticked because, to them, they are the only two people in the world who 'get' that KC has done nothing wrong.

What George and Cindy don't 'get' is that their entire attitude is, literally, going to kill their daughter.

MOO

*doing a lil' happy dance*

There will be questions answered! And we'll be seeing the first dollops of justice in this case.

Conga Line? cha-cha-cha-cha-cha- CHA!

MOO

George and Cindy are ticked because, to them, they are the only two people in the world who 'get' that KC has done nothing wrong.

What George and Cindy don't 'get' is that their entire attitude is, literally, going to kill their daughter.

MOO

ITA!

And, the punitive damages are going to take a big bite out of someone's ca-ching. :woohoo:

I'mma be completely honest.....I heard a few things and typed them out as I was listening....kinda like that lady that was sitting all spread-eagle and goin' to town on that recorder deal and everything in court (you guys who saw know what I'm talkin' about)....so I'm not really sure what happened...except that they made a comment about "splitting babies" and that they were in trouble for not respecting the court. Other than that, I'm clueless and would love an explanation from all ya'll smart folks! :)

Not one of the smart ones here but I'll try to explain: "Splitting the baby" is a very commonly used expression in legal circles. One may use it to describe a judge, for example, 'that judge always wants to split the baby.' I think the roots are Solomon's clever way of determining the real mother to settle a dispute between two women but in present day, it means the judge likes to give each side a little bit. When this judge used the expression, I inferred he meant that he was not that type of judge and that his rulings would be clear, based on the merits and he would not 'split the baby' by "giving" away something to the losing side. Hope that helps.

I missed the splitting babies comment. Who said it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling