GUILTY Canada - Paul Bernardo & Karla Homolka, murdered, 1993

I mixed up the name with her husband's surname. On FB she is alleged to have been using 'emily bordeaux'. From the article (rough translation from French):

The airplane pilot and several other sources would have also revealed that Karla Homolka was recorded at networking site Facebook under the name of Emily Bordeaux. After finishing his sentence of 12 years in prison in 2005, Homolka had tried unsuccessfully to change her name to Emily Chiara Tremblay.

After verification, it is indeed a Facebook user named Emily Bordeaux counts among his "friends" a person named Logan Valentini, has adopted the name Lori Homolka in 1996 to escape the spotlight.

I mixed up the name with her husband's surname. On FB she is alleged to have been using 'emily bordeaux'. From the article (rough translation from French):

The airplane pilot and several other sources would have also revealed that Karla Homolka was recorded at networking site Facebook under the name of Emily Bordeaux. After finishing his sentence of 12 years in prison in 2005, Homolka had tried unsuccessfully to change her name to Emily Chiara Tremblay.

After verification, it is indeed a Facebook user named Emily Bordeaux counts among his "friends" a person named Logan Valentini, has adopted the name Lori Homolka in 1996 to escape the spotlight.

Thanks - I did read that too. The translation was choppy and my current French is not what it once was!

I'm fascinated by this case and it astounds me that no one has snapped a picture of her in all this time and confirmed where she is living. I know there have been a couple of possible sightings and a couple unconfirmed pictures of her but come on! With all of the camera phones and reporters out there, NO ONE can confirm her whereabouts??

I am now friends with Emily Bordeaux on FB....not sure what that means.

I'm fascinated by this case and it astounds me that no one has snapped a picture of her in all this time and confirmed where she is living. I know there have been a couple of possible sightings and a couple unconfirmed pictures of her but come on! With all of the camera phones and reporters out there, NO ONE can confirm her whereabouts??

Maybe she's really trying to lay low and start over off the grid - I know I would be were I in her shoes.

I'm baffled by that as well. I'm sure that she's using a pseudonym and has likely changed her appearance, but how can it be that hard to figure out who she is? Her dead eyes are so distinctive, and I doubt no cosmetic surgery procedure can change that. I imagine a person could make money from tipping off reporters as to her whereabouts.

I've never believed that she would stay long in a foreign country, especially with a child. I think she's a psycopath and too self-centered to care for a child and I would think she would go back to her family for support. Her child will be old enough to attend school soon and I think that's when she'll have to have more interaction with parents and teachers and someone will say something. Can you imagine if you found out that the mother of the friend of one of your children was Karla Homolka? :l

I'm baffled by that as well. I'm sure that she's using a pseudonym and has likely changed her appearance, but how can it be that hard to figure out who she is? Her dead eyes are so distinctive, and I doubt no cosmetic surgery procedure can change that. I imagine a person could make money from tipping off reporters as to her whereabouts.

I've never believed that she would stay long in a foreign country, especially with a child. I think she's a psycopath and too self-centered to care for a child and I would think she would go back to her family for support. Her child will be old enough to attend school soon and I think that's when she'll have to have more interaction with parents and teachers and someone will say something. Can you imagine if you found out that the mother of the friend of one of your children was Karla Homolka? :l

THAT is a very frightening thought!!!

Maybe she's really trying to lay low and start over off the grid - I know I would be were I in her shoes.

Very true and I'm sure she is. I just can't believe that someone who was involved in such a high profile case isn't recognized. I would think there would be at least a few reporters on her trail but maybe not. Maybe people really don't care anymore (except us, of course ;)).

Very true and I'm sure she is. I just can't believe that someone who was involved in such a high profile case isn't recognized. I would think there would be at least a few reporters on her trail but maybe not. Maybe people really don't care anymore (except us, of course ;)).

It's interesting because I think that it just wouldn't be that hard to reinvent yourself and keep the secret....even if you had once been at the center of something so high profile. It's a big old world to get lost in!

It's interesting because I think that it just wouldn't be that hard to reinvent yourself and keep the secret....even if you had once been at the center of something so high profile. It's a big old world to get lost in!

True. Think how easy it is for a missing child to stay missing (think Sean Hornbeck, Jaycee Dugard). When I think of it in those terms, it makes it much more plausible.

Im sorry-does this mean that she has family who support her after raping and murdering her baby sister???

I don't know about anyone else but speaking as a Canadian, I had hoped she was in another country & was going to stay there (sorry people from other countries for wishing our garbage on you). None of the supposed sightings look even remotely like her, including the one by a Canadian 'reporter'. In the photo in the Sun, she looks old & haggard & miserable. That's the way I hope she looks & feels and continues to look & feel for the rest of her pathetic life.

A dumb question, perhaps, but is Karla fluent in English? 'Cause whenever I see lurkers on this forum I want to say

:seeya:, Karla...join WS and come on in and set a spell....

Can you imagine if you found out that the mother of the friend of one of your children was Karla Homolka? :l

~Snipped

I'd about die. One thing for sure... there would be NO sleepovers at their house!

I'm trying to think back over the years... when have I disagreed with SCM? Hmmm... Huh. Can't remember.

But I'm not sure I agree with this. Only because this case was so well known. Kinda like Ted Bundy, in my opinion. She may be able to slip past some, but there will always be someone who recognizes her.

At least at this point in time. Maybe in 10 or 20 years she may be able to become more obscure.

A dumb question, perhaps, but is Karla fluent in English? 'Cause whenever I see lurkers on this forum I want to say

:seeya:, Karla...join WS and come on in and set a spell....

[bbm]

yes, she is from Ontario ...

eta the thought of her even reading here makes me want to throw up

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member