GUILTY Canada - Paul Bernardo & Karla Homolka, murdered, 1993

I could never understand why the couple didn't get LW/OP.
IIRC he can get out of jail next year.............
to rape nd murder your own sister has to be the lowest of low...........
Death penalty case if it were in USA. IMO

Another thought, imagine when her child grows up and reads what mommy dearest did!

Im sorry-does this mean that she has family who support her after raping and murdering her baby sister???

here's an excerpt from a letter written by her sister Lori to Karla in prison when Karla was trying to get a temporary absence (roflmao as if) but this is a hint into their family dynamics:

'People are so stupid, Kar,.... Even if they bumped into you, they'd
never know it was you, especially since you're supposed to be spending
all your time in jail. They would never know. Just like if you came back
to St.Cath. That would be the last place people would expect you to be,
especially when I tell everyone you'll never, ever come back here. See,
that's my plan. People wouldn't know if it was you...

People wouldn't know if it was you if they even had a conversation with
you. People really are dumb. It's so easy to con people.'

here's an excerpt from a letter written by her sister Lori to Karla in prison when Karla was trying to get a temporary absence (roflmao as if) but this is a hint into their family dynamics:

:eek:

Im sorry-does this mean that she has family who support her after raping and murdering her baby sister???
From what I've read, they think that Karla was 'abused' and forced into participating in Tammy's rape and murder. When Karla was in prison, her mom apparently would tell co-workers how well Karla was doing in school, how healthy she looked as if she was away at school and not in prison.

Her sister Lori wrote to Karla when Karla was in prison, telling her that Karla could darken her hair etc. so that she would be disguised and walk around freely.

I think they've chosen to believe Karla's BS excuses and are in deep denial. Maybe that's how they keep their sanity. Because seeing Karla for the rapist and murderer that she is is too horrible to comprehend. Raping and murdering your own baby sister? *sigh*

ETA : sorry (and thanks) ladyL, I'm just catching up and noticed that you posted Lori's letter.

From what I've read, they think that Karla was 'abused' and forced into participating in Tammy's rape and murder. When Karla was in prison, her mom apparently would tell co-workers how well Karla was doing in school, how healthy she looked as if she was away at school and not in prison.

Her sister Lori wrote to Karla when Karla was in prison, telling her that Karla could darken her hair etc. so that she would be disguised and walk around freely.

I think they've chosen to believe Karla's BS excuses and are in deep denial. Maybe that's how they keep their sanity. Because seeing Karla for the rapist and murderer that she is is too horrible to comprehend. Raping and murdering your own baby sister? *sigh*

I would have to say you are completely right...because I suppose the other two alternatives are that 1.) Karla's sister shares some of her deficits as a person and/or 2.) If her family accepts that she raped and murdered her own sister they would feel deep pain.

As opposed to feeling deep pain for the child who died. At the hands of her sister and her husband. Together.

I wonder-I wonder if I could jettison one child for another....I cant even think about it.

I wonder if Lori ever had counselling after everything came out. I'd be interested to read what her psych report would say about her.

I would have to say you are completely right...because I suppose the other two alternatives are that 1.) Karla's sister shares some of her deficits as a person and/or 2.) If her family accepts that she raped and murdered her own sister they would feel deep pain.

As opposed to feeling deep pain for the child who died. At the hands of her sister and her husband. Together.

I wonder-I wonder if I could jettison one child for another....I cant even think about it.

Or maybe that's how the family functions as a whole? Act like everything is okay and gloss over the ugly parts. I don't know.

I wonder what Tammy would want. My guess would be peace and forgiveness, but at the same time the crimes against her not to be belittled or excused.

A dumb question, perhaps, but is Karla fluent in English? 'Cause whenever I see lurkers on this forum I want to say

:seeya:, Karla...join WS and come on in and set a spell....
: ) lol - yes: :Welcome-12-june: Karla!!

I'd think she'd be keeping up with everything that's said about her on the internet, Googling her name(s) frequently . I think there are some people here at WS who could probably pinpoint her address using Google earth if we gave them 24 hours and some clues if we had some.

I'd think she'd be keeping up with everything that's said about her on the internet, Googling her name(s) frequently . I think there are some people here at WS who could probably pinpoint her address using Google earth if we gave them 24 hours and some clues if we had some.

honestly, I think she is closer than these reports of France or Bahamas ... probably back in Ontario in some small town ... pretending to be a normal soccer mom ...

I did read somewhere that her dad talked about trying to re-connect with her after prison & how he didn't think it would be easy which led me to believe he hadn't had much contact in awhile & possibly wasn't much looking forward to it but that was just my assumption

I do agree the only way to continue that relationship would necessitate a belief that one's daughter was forced into it

I haven't read the whole thread, but am familiar with this case. Sends shivers up my spine that she is out, and with child. She may have paid for her crimes in the justice system according to the law, but her past crimes and the type of men she is attracted are a recipe for more violence IMO. I wouldn't want to cross her path or be her neighbor.

Regarding her parents...do they forgive or have a relationship with her? I try to put myself in their shoes, but can't fathom it. Karla took and brutally murdered their youngest daughter. How do you forgive and continue a loving relationship with someone who did such a horrible thing? That's got to take more than faith....not sure if I could do it (forgive and love that person again)

SSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH, lol...

I haven't read the whole thread, but am familiar with this case. Sends shivers up my spine that she is out, and with child. She may have paid for her crimes in the justice system according to the law, but her past crimes and the type of men she is attracted are a recipe for more violence IMO. I wouldn't want to cross her path or be her neighbor.

Regarding her parents...do they forgive or have a relationship with her? I try to put myself in their shoes, but can't fathom it. Karla took and brutally murdered their youngest daughter. How do you forgive and continue a loving relationship with someone who did such a horrible thing? That's got to take more than faith....not sure if I could do it (forgive and love that person again)

BBM

Below is an excerpt from Karla's interview with the CBC after she left prison, where she seemed to shrug off the questions about her family saying that everything was fine. She strikes me as a person who puts a lot of importance on appearances, so things might be much worse with her family than she is letting on. (Although Lori's letter doesn't support my belief).

Napier: Your parents have moved, they still live in same place?

Homolka: No, they haven't moved.

Napier: Do you have a relationship with your family?

Homolka: Yes.

Napier: Good relationships?

Napier: With your father, your mother, and you have one sister?

Napier: Will you see them soon? They are here, your family is here?

Homolka: Yes. My mother is here.

Napier: Have you maintained a good relationship with your mother in these 12 years? Your mother came to visit you?

Homolka: My whole family has visited me.

Napier: Your relationships with family are difficult?

Homolka: In what way?

Napier: In the sense of what happened with your sister. You had a little sister.

Napier: You took part with Paul Bernardo in the death of your little sister and in the rape of your little sister. Hence my question as to whether your relationship with your family is difficult.

Homolka: No, my family loves me, and my family has also lived with my ex-husband and my mother had no idea what happened in my relationship with him. My parents' friends had no idea. Everybody thought he was No. 1. My family has never rejected me for what I did. My mother only said that she hates what I did, but she loves me and we have a very beautiful relationship. I am very lucky.

Napier: And with your father too?

Homolka: Yes, the same thing.

In Karla's case justice was not done in my opinion. 12 years for 3 lives and the torture she helped to put them through? No. That is not justice. I believe if the circumstances where right she would do it again in a New York minute. I would also like to know what kind of man would marry her. IMO he would know something of her past. Her having a child just blows me out of the water. Had I been in her shoes I wouldn't have done that as it will affect her child in a bad way one day. A very selfish choice on her part but to me that is Karla. She only thinks of herself.

In Karla's case justice was not done in my opinion. 12 years for 3 lives and the torture she helped to put them through? No. That is not justice. I believe if the circumstances where right she would do it again in a New York minute. I would also like to know what kind of man would marry her. IMO he would know something of her past. Her having a child just blows me out of the water. Had I been in her shoes I wouldn't have done that as it will affect her child in a bad way one day. A very selfish choice on her part but to me that is Karla. She only thinks of herself.

This is where we need SCM to weigh in-her perspective is so humanist and one that always helps me to think. Can a sexual sadist, if you consider Karla to be a sexual sadist, develop sufficient control as to not endanger others once she has served out her sentence? Particularly any child that she might have conceived? I mean, Karla has demonstrated that a blood relationship does not impact her desire to torture, rape and kill. What bothers me about the current lack of transparency regarding her is that society has to rely on Karla to police herself. That seems a whole lot to ask of her given her history.

FWIW I contacted TMZ and asked them to find her...I called her the "giant squid" of the crime world. I will let you know if I hear back from them!!

FWIW I contacted TMZ and asked them to find her...I called her the "giant squid" of the crime world. I will let you know if I hear back from them!!
*cough Radoronline *cough They fight for TMZ for every crumb. I am so not above starting a war between them.

Lexiintoronto, thanks so much for posting the excerpt from the interview. Is this the one that was done in French and in Quebec? I could never find it translated into English, although to be honest...I didn't look that hard. I knew her mother was there at the interview and that got me thinking about her relationship with her family. Boogles my mind. Obviously they must see her as the victim in all this.

I wish I understood the Canadian law better. I don't understand why the deal she made wasn't thrown out after the extent of her involvement was uncovered. After all she lied to make that deal. I think she should be rotting in prison for the rest of her life - and not Club Fed or whatever the media coined the prison she was in. Excuse me.....parties? birthday cakes? fashion shows? no bars? freedom to walk the grounds, etc? That is no prison sentence. She got off WAY too easy. This is ugly of me to say, but I hope she is tormented and hounded by people every day. I hope she is scared for her life. Of course...now she has an innocent child...and well I certainly don't wish that on her offspring. As far as the type of man who would marry or even be with her? He's got to be pretty messed up in the head IMO. Karla's sexual partner (a female) in prison said Karla liked to be tied up and play sex games simulating rape. I can only image the type of man she must be with now and it sends shivers up my spine. IMO she should never allowed to be around children - including the one she had. She is a sexual preditor and a murderer.

Lexiintoronto, thanks so much for posting the excerpt from the interview. Is this the one that was done in French and in Quebec? I could never find it translated into English, although to be honest...I didn't look that hard. I knew her mother was there at the interview and that got me thinking about her relationship with her family. Boogles my mind. Obviously they must see her as the victim in all this.

I wish I understood the Canadian law better. I don't understand why the deal she made wasn't thrown out after the extent of her involvement was uncovered. After all she lied to make that deal. I think she should be rotting in prison for the rest of her life - and not Club Fed or whatever the media coined the prison she was in. Excuse me.....parties? birthday cakes? fashion shows? no bars? freedom to walk the grounds, etc? That is no prison sentence. She got off WAY too easy. This is ugly of me to say, but I hope she is tormented and hounded by people every day. I hope she is scared for her life. Of course...now she has an innocent child...and well I certainly don't wish that on her offspring. As far as the type of man who would marry or even be with her? He's got to be pretty messed up in the head IMO. Karla's sexual partner (a female) in prison said Karla liked to be tied up and play sex games simulating rape. I can only image the type of man she must be with now and it sends shivers up my spine. IMO she should never allowed to be around children - including the one she had. She is a sexual preditor and a murderer.

Karla's parents are beyond Sainthood. I also believe if they condemn Karla they will have to face the fact she is a monster. It is better for them to accept the world they live in then to understand Karla killed their daughter. The denial is keeping them together.

I followed her case closely too and could never understand the system of Canada's Law either. I thought once you broke your plea agreement and lied, they would abolish it and she would have been charged with murder too. This never made any sense to me.

I wouldn't want to walk down an alley way with Karla. She is one scary woman and into freaky men too, (and women). I believe once a predator, always a predator. I doubt in that fancy prison, country club she was in, she did any rehabilitating. She willnever change her spots.

Gozgals

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back