ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is disturbing to read! "Child did not want to walk." "Abnormal gait."

When a toddler doesn't want to walk that is extremely unusual and serious! The doctor even suspected a fracture, and a nickel-sized bruise was noted. I'm so glad that Trista took her to the doctor to get that on the record.

I wonder if DHS was ever notified. Good for Trista for having and releasing the documentation.

In the March 11th Morning Sentinel appears the following few sentences attributed to Justin: “When the time is right, everything is going to come out. And regardless of what law enforcement is saying or what (Ayla’s mother) Trista (Reynolds) is saying, this really isn’t the time to be saying anything. And law enforcement, they can say ‘We don’t believe they’re telling the truth,’ but there’s a big difference between fact and thinking something.”

Ironic that those words "when the time is right" were spoken to Cindy by Jose, according to Cindy in her testimony at the trial.

No wonder that phrase has been making me feel like a pincushion. Ouch! JD really isn't very original in any of his defensive utterings. LE should pull him in and ask him why he is withholding evidence, according to his statement.

IMHO

And law enforcement, they can say ‘We don’t believe they’re telling the truth,’ but there’s a big difference between fact and thinking something.”
==================================================

Translation= " There is a big difference between them having any evidence against me and them just thinking something."

In the March 11th Morning Sentinel appears the following few sentences attributed to Justin: “When the time is right, everything is going to come out. And regardless of what law enforcement is saying or what (Ayla’s mother) Trista (Reynolds) is saying, this really isn’t the time to be saying anything. And law enforcement, they can say ‘We don’t believe they’re telling the truth,’ but there’s a big difference between fact and thinking something.”

Ironic that those words "when the time is right" were spoken to Cindy by Jose, according to Cindy in her testimony at the trial.

No wonder that phrase has been making me feel like a pincushion. Ouch! JD really isn't very original in any of his defensive utterings. LE should pull him in and ask him why he is withholding evidence, according to his statement.

IMHO

hmm, I thought that statement was attributed to HT and not JD. Whoever said it, it was odd to say the least.

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/Father-friends-say-its-possible-cops-say-no-way.html?searchterm=Ayla

DiPietro said there are good reasons to believe Ayla is with someone, but wouldn’t elaborate.

“When the time is right, everything is going to come out. And regardless of what law enforcement is saying or what (Ayla’s mother) Trista (Reynolds) is saying, this really isn’t the time to be saying anything. And law enforcement, they can say ‘We don’t believe they’re telling the truth,’ but there’s a big difference between fact and thinking something.”

DiPietro said he hopes that the person who took his daughter will send a signal out to the public that she’s alive. He also said he wishes the police could offer immunity to the kidnapper so Ayla can be returned.

The paragraph before and after the quote lead me to believe that quote can be directly attributed to JD and not HT.

ETA: but, I agree, it was the one thing that was said in that interview that was the most incriminating, IMO. Very odd thing to say.

I would be surprised if the investigators actually said "more than a cupful". That is not how LE normally refers to amounts of blood. It would have been stated in liters. I'm not saying they weren't told there was a lot, just saying I would be surprised if it was stated as JH stated it. I have seen it reported on several websites as being "more than a cupful" by various laypersons and it struck me as strange that the same wording was used on his website. JMHO. I am not taking either side in this case (I actually believe in innocent until proven guilty in a court of law). I simply want Ayla to be found.... safe.

Just thinking, if LE told them it how much it was in pints, ounces, whatever they use to measure, I can see the family trying to put it into terms they can relate to/visualize, asking "is that more then a cup full?" if LE said yes then that would probably be the way they describe it others. I think I would probably do the same because I can immediately visualize how much a cup was. I can't picture pints/ounces as immediately/easily. Moo

Just thinking, if LE told them it how much it was in pints, ounces, whatever they use to measure, I can see the family trying to put it into terms they can relate to/visualize, asking "is that more then a cup full?" if LE said yes then that would probably be the way they describe it others. I think I would probably do the same because I can immediately visualize how much a cup was. I can't picture pints/ounces as immediately/easily. Moo

I would tend to agree with that as well since most people relate more to cups vs. liters, etc. But it was the way JH wrote it as a quote that kind of bothers me. I just can't accept it as fact that LE gave that as an amount just because that is what JH is stating. I wish they (LE) would just come out and say how much so there wouldn't be so much speculation! JMO

Per Jeff Hanson: "The date was 1/28/12 - Minutes after the Bubble and Balloon Vigil in Waterville. We (Becky, Trista, and I) were told that the blood found was determined to be Ayla's and it was "more than a small cut would produce". When I asked how much more? one of the State investigators replied "more than a cupful"."

I don't think it is odd that the investigator would use the term "cupful" when talking to the victim's family. LE are trained to use laymen language when speaking with victims and their families as a way to "dumb" it down and soften the impact. Just as LE would use Ayla's name when speaking about her to Trista and her family, but may use the terms "the infant" or "victim" when discussing the case publicly. Speaking in terms of liters or fluid ounces would be saved for the official statements released to the media or testimony during trial. To me, this interaction, as described by Ayla's step- grandfather, sounds completely legitimate and valid. Also, I think it speaks volumes that the LE spokesperson did not outright deny the claims made on the blog, but instead chose not to confirm one way or another. But, went onto say that the blog is having a positive impact. That to me is confirmation enough of the exchange.

I know it's been talked about that PD and AD lawyered up.

I looked but am confused as to why no one has mentioned that the Reynolds family has done the same (I was told today that the father has posted somewhere stating this)? Did I just miss the posts?

Do you mean "lawyered up" as in, they have gotten a lawyer to protect their interests, or as in, "refusing to cooperate with LE regarding Ayla's disappearance and referring all queries to their attorney"? I haven't seen anything to suggest the latter but IIRC their timelines have mentioned that they have had Jessica's attorney with them in some of the custody meetings. And didn't Trista talk about suing DHS so if she does she would need an attorney.

I'm not sure -- I went looking for where they said it was posted by the father - but this is a busy work time of year for me - so in the little time I had I didn't find it. So TIFWIW

She told me he said he had to 'contact their attorney' relating to sharing information about Trista (related to the case). That's what made me go 'really?' -- and wonder when they lawyered up and why it had been kept so hush.....

Just thoughts until I (or someone) finds where he posted it.

I'm not sure -- I went looking for where they said it was posted by the father - but this is a busy work time of year for me - so in the little time I had I didn't find it. So TIFWIW

She told me he said he had to 'contact their attorney' relating to sharing information about Trista (related to the case). That's what made me go 'really?' -- and wonder when they lawyered up and why it had been kept so hush.....

Just thoughts until I (or someone) finds where he posted it.

Let's clear something up so people won't go on a wild goose chase for information.

Trista's biological father is Ron Reynolds.
MSM article with video: http://www.wgme.com/news/top-stories/stories/wgme_vid_11038.shtml

The man who does the blogging for the family is Trista's stepfather, Jeff Hanson.
MSM article about him: http://bangordailynews.com/2012/02/...ite-providing-information-comfort-for-family/

Here is the family blog link:
http://www.answersforayla.com/

It's no secret that Trista probably has spoken to an attorney. She has mentioned suing HSS.
Trista Talks about Suing HHS

Hanson mentions Trista's sister, Jessica, having an attorney present when they were trying to work out custody of Ayla before she disappeared.
Here on the blog timeline: http://www.answersforayla.com/p/timeline_17.html

And I just have to say that I really admire the way the Reynolds family have all pulled together and supported each other. They've given up all their privacy from the start and seem very open and honest about everything. They can be proud of that!

Hanson revealed on his blog that DiPietro has allegedly been sending text messages to Trista Reynolds, recently. Hanson says DiPietro said in those messages his family "knows for a fact that Trista has Ayla" and that she "cannot hold out forever"." These messages could prove to represent honest suspicion on DiPietro's part, or an effort to throw law enforcement off the trail. In the latter event, the texts might become evidence of obstruction of justice.

snip

Hanson disclosed Wednesday the precise location where Ayla's blood was found. Ayla's blood was next to her father Justin DiPietro's bed, he said lead investigators on the case told Trista and her mother. While investigators allegedly told the family the amount of blood was more than a cupful, police did not tell the family whether there was any blood splatter. Blood spatter or other evidence of bloodstain shape would help ascertain what kind of trauma caused the bloodshed.

http://news.yahoo.com/ayla-reynolds-doctor-records-odds-dads-injury-description-214600574.html

Not sure this is the right thread for this link. If not, mods, pls let me know and I will happily move it to the social media thread.

In that same blog - you will find the reference that Jeff says he needs to contact "our attorney" referencing releasing information relating to the case.

So this is does not appear to be referencing Jessica's using an attorney for DHS - and since he says 'our' attorney - it doesn't appear the attorney he is referencing is protecting information relating to suing DHS --

Why so hush about the fact they have an attorney to represent them regarding Ayla's disappearance? I, personally, believe it is something families SHOULD do in these cases. What bothers me is that they are not forthcoming about it.

In that same blog - you will find the reference that Jeff says he needs to contact "our attorney" referencing releasing information relating to the case.

So this is does not appear to be referencing Jessica's using an attorney for DHS - and since he says 'our' attorney - it doesn't appear the attorney he is referencing is protecting information relating to suing DHS --

Why so hush about the fact they have an attorney to represent them regarding Ayla's disappearance? I, personally, believe it is something families SHOULD do in these cases. What bothers me is that they are not forthcoming about it.

If Hanson referenced it in his blog then I fail to see how the Reynolds family is being so hush about it? It appears they are being forthcoming about having and consulting an attorney. I think your real question is, why isn't it being shouted from the rooftops as suspicious by folks who found the D family hiring an attorney questionable. The answer is, the Reynolds family is cooperating with and have satisfied LE, the D family are and have not.

Hanson revealed on his blog that DiPietro has allegedly been sending text messages to Trista Reynolds, recently. Hanson says DiPietro said in those messages his family "knows for a fact that Trista has Ayla" and that she "cannot hold out forever"." These messages could prove to represent honest suspicion on DiPietro's part, or an effort to throw law enforcement off the trail. In the latter event, the texts might become evidence of obstruction of justice.

snip

Hanson disclosed Wednesday the precise location where Ayla's blood was found. Ayla's blood was next to her father Justin DiPietro's bed, he said lead investigators on the case told Trista and her mother. While investigators allegedly told the family the amount of blood was more than a cupful, police did not tell the family whether there was any blood splatter. Blood spatter or other evidence of bloodstain shape would help ascertain what kind of trauma caused the bloodshed.

http://news.yahoo.com/ayla-reynolds-doctor-records-odds-dads-injury-description-214600574.html

Not sure this is the right thread for this link. If not, mods, pls let me know and I will happily move it to the social media thread.

According to the article, it sounds like Justin got mad and grabbed Aylas arm causing the bruise/fracture. Is that what anyone else thinks?

They didn't give a name for Jessica Reynolds attorney either. The "family attorney" might be the same guy.

I don't understand what you mean by "hush." It's written on a family blog on the internet, and they aren't hiding who they are in any way, but being honest.

Why shouldn't they have an attorney? Especially considering what tlcox just posted about Justin and the text messages. Justin, his family, and his friends have made all kinds of accusations towards Trista. An attorney is an outsider who can witness that the family has turned over that information to the police. It just seems like an intelligent thing to do. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23