LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was speaking from BSL's perspective after he hit her.

I meant it may have STARTED as vehicular manslaughter in his mind - if she were badly injured.... or at least injuring someone by accidentally running them down.

His actions may not have been preplanned - yet after he hit her, then he did what he did over his fear of returning to prison.
I agree with the possibility. IMO could have started out as an accident and he panicked because he didn't want to get in trouble. Possibly imo

There was a captain of Sayeret Matkal, Israel's special anti-terror and assassin unit, on flight 11. His name was Captain Daniel Lewin. Out of every 2500 Israelis who try to make this unit, only 25 make it and one is chosen captain. Captain Lewin could reportedly bench press more than 300 pounds and squat nearly 500. Yet, he was reportedly killed by Satam al-Suqami, one of the skinniest highjackers, armed only with a box cutter.

That being said, my guess is the injury on Lavergne's kneck was caused by Shunick desperately grabbing and, out of desperation and with a rush of adrenalin, pulling and actually causing a deep tear in his skin.

I just did some research on this. According to the 9/11 Commission, Captain Daniel Lewin was stabbed in the throat will sitting in his seat making plans to foil the hijacking. Satam al-Suqami was sitting in the seat just behind him and captain DL did not know he was behind him. So this is how a small terrorist took down a big man with a box cutter. To the neck and by surprise.

Perhaps this is the unsolved murder BSL was a POI in back in 1999?

"Another Lafayette woman, Lisa Pate, 35, was found dead underneath some
boards behind a house near Church Point in Oct. 1999.....
Investigators have a suspect in Pate's death, but he's already in jail
for an unrelated offense, Latiolais said."

This article was written when Dene Colomb was murdered (it's about unsolved murders in the area and serial killers), so BSL would have been in jail at the time....

http://biere.louisiana.edu:2194/iw-...cid=0EB479141D06DF8E&p_docnum=2&p_queryname=4
If that link doesn't work for you, this one may:
https://groups.google.com/forum/m/?fromgroups#!topic/alt.true-crime/oc58dXgNuvA

I can't find anything else about her.

Very interesting indeed! Wasn't Latiolais also quoted in the article referring to the Acadia death? Wow...this could very well be the same one. Great work!! If so, this could give LE clues as to what he may have done with Mickey.

Do we have any solid evidence that he has ever burned anything prior to Mickeys disappearance? I have seen so much talk of it but not sure I have seen anything to really make it a fact. I may have missed it though.

I don't think there is solid evidence. But according to some family members, they suspected that he was the one who burned down TWO of the family homes. It is pretty unusual to have one family lose two homes to arson.

can someone refresh my memory as to what day he was seen in the hospital and which hospital that they said they could not perform surgery on him because of poison ivy? I have had poison ivy many times, but it generally was about 48 hours before it was noticeable. I am thinking that he said poison ivy because he had a very red rash and I am thinking that probably was from mace. But depending on when this incident occurred, he could have burned the body in deep woods and contacted poison ivy either from vines or from actually burning some. However, if it was on his hands, I vote for actual contact with the stuff. Generally I have seen poison ivy reaction on the face (which makes the eyes swell so bad they almost close).

I agree. I get poison ivy or oak VERY bad if exposed. And it always takes a day or 2 at least for it to show up.

Perhaps this is the unsolved murder BSL was a POI in back in 1999?

"Another Lafayette woman, Lisa Pate, 35, was found dead underneath some
boards behind a house near Church Point in Oct. 1999.....

Investigators have a suspect in Pate's death, but he's already in jail
for an unrelated offense, Latiolais said."

This article was written when Dene Colomb was murdered (it's about unsolved murders in the area and serial killers), so BSL would have been in jail at the time....

http://biere.louisiana.edu:2194/iw-...cid=0EB479141D06DF8E&p_docnum=2&p_queryname=4
If that link doesn't work for you, this one may:
https://groups.google.com/forum/m/?fromgroups#!topic/alt.true-crime/oc58dXgNuvA

I can't find anything else about her.

Found underneath boards behind a house? Gulp....

That is a "fact" that keeps changing.

LE says it was just like his old one... yet I keep seeing "silver truck" popping up.

Either white or silver, but I can't tell, due to the level of rumors here.

Someone else here pointed out in an earlier thread that it's possible that "Silverado" was mis-heard as "silver" in describing the truck.

I saw this comment yesterday. It makes no sense to me, knowing the geography of WB. I can't make heads or tails of it.

If this is fact, a couple of circumstances could make this possible. A fisherman could have cut himself or a fish and had trailed the blood across the bayou and headed east. Or, a fish, animal or 'something' that was bleeding could have been carried down to the water and placed within it and a predator such as a gator could have carried it towards its den.

A few years ago a small boy had been dragged to a gators den for food. I do not recall if the boy had drown or been attacked by the gator but his remains were found near the den. Gators do not always eat their prey right away.

Forgive if previously posted -
Lavergne suspect already in death of a young woman
Read more:
http://www.kaplantoday.com/view/full...home_news_lead

'snipped from article'

Also in 1999 the remains of a missing woman were found in an isolated part of Acadia Parish.

Normally reliable law enforcement sources say Lavergne was among persons of interest in that case. Authorities were never able to close the circle of evidence and charge anyone in what was considered by them a homicide.

Current Acadia Parish Sheriff’s Chief Investigator Keith Latiolais said that case remains open but unsolved and could not comment regarding any history of the investigation details.

Investigative files on open cases are not public record. Lavergne has never been arrested on any charges in Acadia Parish, according to the criminal court record.

Read more: VermilionToday.com - Lavergne suspect already in death of a young woman

"Ya know, Old Steve, after almost 13 years I seriously doubt that the 1999 Acadia Parish homicide is an active open case. If it it's not considered a COLD case by now, then the Sheriff & Chief investigator needs to be put to pasture, imo".

The honorable Sheriff & his Chief Investigator needs to understand that predators are recidivist and if not apprehended will take more innocent victims lives. Who knows, the same predator may be responsible for Mickey Schunick or others.

I would think that they would learn a lesson from the valuable resource of the American public in the Mickey Schunick abduction/murder investigation..

Imo, the reason that we have 100,000+ missing/murdered persons in the US today is due to the antiquated strategy of silence being employed by the Acadia Parish Sheriff's Dept. & many other LEAs across America.

Not sure its been posted yet but I saw on the find Mickey now Facebook page Texas equisearch is back assisting le. Can't post link I'm on my cell

I saw that on the Find Mickey Now FB page. It was posted about an hour and a half ago. I'm also on a cell phone and having trouble posting a link . the post did state that TES was back to look for Mickey. No additional search volunteers needed, though. TES is working with LE according to the FB post.

I don't for a second buy any accident theory. The tape shows him stalking her. Why would he be going down that street?
Why would he be risking going out drinking 30 miles from home?
and how unlucky for him to accidently hit-- out of all other possible riders at 2 am on a Saturday night-- a beautiful young girl near a sorority on a desolate street.

Well, I used to go out drinking an hour or more from my home and not hesitate about driving. And i know many that did and still do. I would drive all different routes through town that i thought would get me past being seen by police. Sadly, I used to drive home quite drunk at times. Luckily I have become a wiser person or I could have run over someone like Mickey. Drunk driving does not segregate its victims by race, religion, sex or attractiveness.

There is no video of Brandon stalking anyone. There is video that shows that he traveled on the same streets as Mickey and that he was within a minute behind her at the gas station.

We do not know why he was out that night, why he drove that route or in what frame of mind he was in.

I don't think there is solid evidence. But according to some family members, they suspected that he was the one who burned down TWO of the family homes. It is pretty unusual to have one family lose two homes to arson.

Were these verified family members of just some poster online?

can someone refresh my memory as to what day he was seen in the hospital and which hospital that they said they could not perform surgery on him because of poison ivy? I have had poison ivy many times, but it generally was about 48 hours before it was noticeable. I am thinking that he said poison ivy because he had a very red rash and I am thinking that probably was from mace. But depending on when this incident occurred, he could have burned the body in deep woods and contacted poison ivy either from vines or from actually burning some. However, if it was on his hands, I vote for actual contact with the stuff. Generally I have seen poison ivy reaction on the face (which makes the eyes swell so bad they almost close).

It was "rumor" type information, which I did not post -- I was only commenting on comments made about it already. We can't discuss it anymore, because it's rumor.

yes and slashes would be consistent with a boxcutter. i'm not sure why boxcutters would be carried for self defense??? :( wish she had something more substantial and she may have been find today. if she had they opportunity to stab him 4 times with a real knife especially in the areas like neck, chest and back, he probably would have been too injured to do all that he did

i'm just now catching up in the thread and i had such a sense of pride that mickey was able to cause him such injury. way to go girl!

I have carried a mini box cutter for years in my purse or pocket. I chose it over a knife because if the razor blade-like sharpness. I feel I have a better chance at getting in a few good deep and sharp lacerations than a good stab. A stab takes more force and you get less stabs per minute!

Were these verified family members of just some poster online?

I think it has been verified that two of his family homes have burned to the ground. That part is factual.

I guess it is just rumor that he was suspected by some of being the one who torched them.

If they are back it sure sounds like thy have an area pinned down.
Maybe they were able to track his movements by GPS/OnStar.

Based on his MO alone I really think he took her back to
his place. Where ever he was just prior to going to the hospital
and shortly after he returned is where she is.

imo

I had the opportunity last night to speak with someone in an online chat about their family member that was a serial rapist/murderer. This man half-hazardly placed the body several yards off the roadside within a mile of his home. It was not hidden or concealed. It looked dumped. He did not choose this spot or any reason other than convenience as he was on his way home.

This leads me to believe not all killers put a lot of consideration in where the body is left. This man was questioned by police because he had been seen in the same bar as the victim was last seen and because his residence was right there. He was never convicted as it was circumstantial.

A salesman in a knife store once told me an apple corer will do more damage than a knife sometimes. Apple Corers have a point and a jagged blade on both sides.

Well, I used to go out drinking an hour or more from my home and not hesitate about driving. And i know many that did and still do. I would drive all different routes through town that i thought would get me past being seen by police. Sadly, I used to drive home quite drunk at times. Luckily I have become a wiser person or I could have run over someone like Mickey. Drunk driving does not segregate its victims by race, religion, sex or attractiveness.

There is no video of Brandon stalking anyone. There is video that shows that he traveled on the same streets as Mickey and that he was within a minute behind her at the gas station.

We do not know why he was out that night, why he drove that route or in what frame of mind he was in.

I guess one of my main reasons for not believing he just hit her in a drunken accident is the way the damage is described. LE believed he bumped her lightly from behind, and bent her rear rim. That does not sound like a drunken hit to me. If he was drunk and hit her by accident, I imagine it would be more of a side ways brush or a full on run over, not a perfect bump from behind. JMO

I don't get the "poison ivy" thing because it's a HIPPA violation for a hospital to give out this info about him. Unless it came from a family member, this story about not being able to perform surgery has to be false. (unless a healthcare worker violated his rights and spilled the beans)
Sounds fishy to me. :trout:

I guess one of my main reasons for not believing he just hit her in a drunken accident is the way the damage is described. LE believed he bumped her lightly from behind, and bent her rear rim. That does not sound like a drunken hit to me. If he was drunk and hit her by accident, I imagine it would be more of a side ways brush or a full on run over, not a perfect bump from behind. JMO

I don't doubt what you say here but I have never heard or read where the police considered this to be a light bump from behind or a perfect bump. But if you have this link I would love to read it. I have saved e dry picture and every link for my own personal recollection and have not seen this.

I have read that the damage to the bike is consistent to being hit from behind by a vehicle. I have alo read from a less reliable news article that it was described as major damage to the rear rim, wheel and tire. This is within the media links.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff