Dina Shacknai wants Max's death reopened; gives ICU pic to media

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry but if the decision is "impulsive" yet it takes so long to carry it out the "impulse" is going to subside.
We aren't talking about an impulsive thing here, clearly, given all the time it would take to carry this out.

I really dont see where it would have taken a long time to do this.

What part of it would take a long time?

imo

IMO, it was a staged suicide outside and in view of the guest house with the hope of being discovered before death. A tragedy in every aspect.

Possibly but I do think she did mean to make it final.

That is why she tied her hands and feet so she couldnt undo the rope.

She may have done it outside in order for someone to find her body sooner.

IMO

I really dont see where it would have taken a long time to do this.

What part of it would take a long time?

imo

Paint a message, tie hands, tie feet. That's not going to happen quickly.

I am sorry but if the decision is "impulsive" yet it takes so long to carry it out the "impulse" is going to subside.
We aren't talking about an impulsive thing here, clearly, given all the time it would take to carry this out.

Not necessarily. One can make an impulsive decision, and can stick with that decision, to completion, no matter how much time it takes.

Shoplifting, for example, can be a very impulsive decision. And once someone makes that choice, they sometimes have to continue with the process, no matter how long it takes to carry it out. Th impulse does not necessarily 'subside' just because the decision was made quickly.

Not necessarily. One can make an impulsive decision, and can stick with that decision, to completion, no matter how much time it takes.

Shoplifting, for example, can be a very impulsive decision. And once someone makes that choice, they sometimes have to continue with the process, no matter how long it takes to carry it out. Th impulse does not necessarily 'subside' just because the decision was made quickly.

Less than 5 minutes after the impulse strikes-that's what the article meant by impulsive naked suicide. What happened to Rebecca clearly doesn't qualify.

Possibly but I do think she did mean to make it final.

That is why she tied her hands and feet so she couldnt undo the rope.

She may have done it outside in order for someone to find her body sooner.

IMO

I think she tied her hands and feet to give the impression it was a murder and throw suspicion away from herself. I've always been of the opinion that she literally wanted to be "saved."

I agree that if she had done it inside the house, her body may not have been found for many more hours.

JMO

I think she tied her hands and feet to give the impression it was a murder and throw suspicion away from herself. I've always been of the opinion that she literally wanted to be "saved."

I agree that if she had done it inside the house, her body may not have been found for many more hours.

JMO

Sorry, if you want to be saved, you take some pills. You don't hang yourself in a long drop style hanging. There is no saving in that scenario.

Less than 5 minutes after the impulse strikes-that's what the article meant by impulsive naked suicide. What happened to Rebecca clearly doesn't qualify.

Here is the quote:

"...found that 25 percent of individuals studied made attempts within 5 minutes of having suicidal ideation."

So what about the other 75% ? Maybe RZ was in the remaining 75% that took longer than 5 minutes.

Paint a message, tie hands, tie feet. That's not going to happen quickly.

I really dont see any of those things taking a long time though, jjenny. If she is doing these things it logical to me that she is doing them quickly and she is in a mental zone to get them done.

When we saw the demo of the hands tied it didnt take long at all. It really is mostly winding the rope back and forth around the hands and then bringing the rope through so she could hold onto it.

And in the link I posted earlier it also discusses where some suicidial victims will set up the scene to make others think it wasnt a suicide and it is done as means of revenge to get back at someone.

IMO

I really dont see any of those things taking a long time though, jjenny. If she is doing these things it logical to me that she is doing them quickly and she is in a mental zone to get them done.

When we saw the demo of the hands tied it didnt take long at all. It really is mostly winding the rope back and forth around the hands and then bringing the rope through so she could hold onto it.

And in the link I posted earlier it also discusses where some suicidial victims will set up the scene to make others think it wasnt a suicide and it is done as means of revenge to get back at someone.

IMO

It didn't take long for the presentation. How long did that police woman train to get that done? How did Rebecca come up with something like this to begin with?

Here is the quote:

"...found that 25 percent of individuals studied made attempts within 5 minutes of having suicidal ideation."

So what about the other 75% ? Maybe RZ was in the remaining 75% that took longer than 5 minutes.

25 % that took less than 5 minutes are impulsive. The other 75 % are not considered impulsive suicides.

Thanks. The article points out that she did NOT have a broken neck. Asphyxiation is a slow way to die.

JMO

Because at that distance one would expect her neck to be broken. And even without it breaking, asphyxiation by long drop style hanging is not a slow away to die. And by the way, why did she gag herself if she expected to be found? So no one could hear her scream? Some expectation of being saved, I'd say.

It didn't take long for the presentation. How long did that police woman train to get that done? How did Rebecca come up with something like this to begin with?

I dont know but I doubt my daughter's friend took a long time to bind her hands and feet together either when she jumped off of a chair in the foyer of her home when she committed suicide.

Every suicide victim has their own individual way they want to carry out their suicide.

Here is a part of the link I was talking about earlier.

Anger and vengeance can be expressed by completing suicide while naked, especially when it is intended to traumatize a survivor. The shock of discovering a naked suicide inflicts an indelible, traumatic memory that can haunt a survivor for a lifetime.12 The person who completes suicide while naked may intend to add insult to a suicide survivor's already devastating injury.

25 % that took less than 5 minutes are impulsive. The other 75 % are not considered impulsive suicides.

That still does not mean she did not make an impulsive decision that night. imo

Unfortunately, none of the media seems to have even read the new Summary Report Dina and her lawyer put out. It's a shame because they could ask them some key questions about such a serious matter instead of writing it up this way.

I watch Dr. Drew last night and basically I thought he did a pretty good job. He sympathized with Dina and though Max's death should be investigated. I thought Dina looked very uncomfortable though when Drew brought up Rebecca's death and said they both should be investigated. Ann Bremer reiterated that both should be investigated. We have never heard anyone from Dina's end say Rebecca's death should be looked into... I hope she thinks again about this after Drew making such a point of none of this makes sense - to have these two deaths in just a couple of days time.

If Dina really wants the truth of it all, especially about Max's death then I think she also would be calling for an investigation of both deaths.

I would be extremely surprised if Dina were telling the truth on Dr. Drew when she claimed she did not know how serious Max's condition was until the day after Rebecca died or even Friday. I don't know where to find it but her version of CPS being involved does not seem to jive and neither do a number of other things like Nina calling Rebecca late at night and Rebecca being immediately forbidden from going to the hospital.

Come on people, there is no justification based on the literature about suicide to claim Rebecca fits any of those. Even if you believe she committed suicide you should at least admit no one can find any case of suicide of a woman with all of these elements. That article that keeps being cited is exploratory only and anecdotal. It is written for insurance claims.

I find it odd on a thread about Max's death that so much of it is being taken up by trying to prove Rebecca committed suicide and I don't see most of you reading and analyzing the report Dina and her attorney put out.

Why now? It takes a whole year for DS and team to go to the SDLE? Why now? If this were my son and I believed it was murder I would be all over it IMMEDIATELY...

This smacks of law suit preparation to sue JS. This is about money. DS can't get it any other way now. This is about proving JS negligent because he allowed RZ to care for MS while alone. It hinges on a week rusty piece of bewildering information..... DS forbid RZ to care for MS when other family members were around? Really?

MS's death.... there are any number of ways he could have gone off that balcony..... accidental fall is THE most likely scenario...MS's injuries match up well with the fall the exact trajectory is a false lead.... in this circumstance.... there were many people in and around that home that day.... to pin point RZ....with NO forensic evidence she was involved in MS's fall..outrageous grasping at straws for cash.. and exactly where were his siblings and father... they better know that for sure..... bring on the experts data let's study it..... I suspect it will crumble...

However, we have studied in depth the RZ tragedy..and those hard facts stand up to murder.

RZ's death.... many many facts point to murder.... forensic evidence...revenge murder...women do not suddenly bash themselves on the head, ties themselves up in elaborate knots, choke themselves with their t-shirts, while naked in the dark... and mysteriously leave NO marks on a balcony railing when they drag their tied up torso over the railing... and NEVER EVER have had a bout of depression or a history of mental health issues...

Max's death was the motive for RZ's death.. and DS is still a suspect and her belief
RZ murdered her son incriminates her even further.

SDLE and the CA State need to get down to the bottom of these deaths ASAP.

I hope it also results in the Zahaus suing for wrongful death. OJ wasn't convicted by a criminal jury but the civil jury, which got to see a lot more evidence, found him responsible for the two deaths. Ironically, DS' PR team making this front-page news, trying to contaminate a jury pool before the investigation is even reopened, may backfire. Here they are, all over the web and the media, smearing a woman who was the victim and I hope that means all these media appearances will start to uncover a lot more questions that the Coronado police didn't ask. Of the Shacknais, and IIRC, there were at least four of them in town at the time, plus additional people in the guesthouse.

That still does not mean she did not make an impulsive decision that night. imo

There you go again, arguing that since there's no evidence she did - she must have!

The Shacknais had a violent history. Only the Shacknais.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken