"Killing Field" in League City, Texas- Calder Rd Cold Cases

Morf I remember that case on UM...actually watched it a month or so ago. It was such a sad case to say the least. I also remember a case where a body (unsure if it was a skeleton already or not, I think it was) that had only a pair of orange socks on the feet. It was a UID. I swear it's a really big case, like the Boy in the Box. I believe this is the case http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/notorious/henry_lee_lucas/13.html

Apparently, there's a film being produced based on the murders:

Little is known about the script, except that it’s about two cops who realize that the latest murder in their jurisdiction connects their case to the notorious killing fields murders. The killing field murders concern four bodies that were found in the same place in Texas — along Interstate 45 near Calder Road in League City. Two of the bodies are still unidentified, and all four murders remain unsolved. I suspect the script is a fictional account inspired by those murders, and it certainly does sound dark. But with Cooper and Worthington attached, it should have no problem moving ahead.

Link

Also, from what little can be found, it may have been written by an ex-cop from Galveston... We'll see.

Looks interesting, I have done some research on these killings and the way they paralelled the Zodiac murders as far as timeline, MO, etc

I will certainly watch this film

I spent the majority of yest afternoon reading the letter and looking at the case of the killing field and the connections to the corvette concepts murder which happened one year prior to the first killing field victim being found. The letter to tim miller is signed PhanTOM i knew right away i would find a tom somewhere in the corvet murders. One of the victims names was tommy mcgraw. He was an oilfield worker. The killing field was an abandon oil field...hence the main connections. The corvette murders are a he said she said field day...whoever murdered beth wilburn enjoyed it. Stabbing her so many times they thought she was killed by a shot gun at first. the letter also states that the girls in the killing field were killed because they looked enough like someone....they all resemeble beth wilburn. Could the killer be reliving his first kill?

http://psu-sk.tripod.com/frames/i45-calder.html

Any official LE documents?
Or Videos?
And I am having a problem in finding good copies of the letters.
If any one can link a thread to those, it would be greatly appreciated.

There are links to jpg's of the letter in post # 15 of this thread by Erin go Braugh.

I have lived in the area all my life and have certainly heard of the Calder Killing Fields but have never studied the case besides reading all the news articles. Does anyone believe the letter is really from the killer? I guess there's no way of knowing. I didn't see anything in the letter that was not known by the public, but maybe I missed something. Would love to hear opinions.

I'd also like more info on the Corvette Concept's murders. It's weird that I have no memory of the crime but I remember the place. Although I was a teenager at the time so I didn't really pay much attention to the news.

Since I'm local I would be more than willing to do any research here I could. As far as LE documents, could I file a FOIA request with the police dept or something? I don't know how anything like that works so if y'all have suggestions or any requests just let me know and I'll try to help.

There was something in the letter that had 4 maybe 5 or 6...... which could point to one of the 4 girls in the killing fields was pregnant.In other words it appears someone is trying to leave details that the killer would know(In the letter). but most of that type of info i think they keep from the public since the cases were never solved. Whoever wrote the letter is insinuating the cases are connected and after looking at them they may be. I will try to copy and paste an article from the galveston newspaper on the corvette murders so much info is listed. The last person at the scene, The ex bf/ current business partner of the victim etc. Its a verty interesting case. Another thing that connects the cases the address to the business is west main and the convenience store where two of the victims from the killing fields were missing from is west main and hobbs. I also wondered if the person who abducted the girls after they used the phone was listening in on thier conversations some how????? was that technology available back then? I wondered if he/she lived near there the girls were taken over a year apart from the same spot? both on the first of the month , different months.

yw DP let me know if u dig anything up( that was a bad saying to use)! im trying to learn to navigate this site its a lil tricky

There is a movie about the League City murders, or at least those committed in the 'killing fields'. The movie should be out soon, and will be called "THE FIELDS"

Hey guys i found a case so similiar in another country it has the same nick name look up killing fields in barbados and see if you think i should make a time line. Which is difficult because when they bodies were found is published but not when they disapeered.The suspect in that case was identified and fled to the united states

Divers search lake for evidence in Calder Road cold case killings

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Dive...e-in-Calder-cold-case-killings-106073858.html

The deceased body of Tim Miller's daughter was discovered off Calder Road. Prayers for Tim and family during this stressful period.

More about Tim's foundation (TX Equusearch) and daughter; Laura can be found at:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-32844.html
http://texasequusearch.org/
http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/criminal_mind/forensics/texas_equusearch/1.html
http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20059157,00.html

Why do such bad things happen to such good people. Tim Miller is one of the kindest people on Earth and here he is suffering with a pain that tears at the heart so bad, you feel as if a part of you has been ripped away forever. My deepest condolences to him and his family, I just hope his daughter is resting in eternal peace.

My deepest condolences, thoughts, and prayers go out to Tim Miller and his family.

:rose:

I just love me some Tim Miller! Today my heart breaks for him.... My sincere condolances and thoughts are with him and his family.

You know, I met Laura's boyfriend (at the time of her disappearance) - he is such a sweetheart! He is a member of TX Equusearch and goes out on occasional searches with Tim. First love .... we've all had em :)

Sweet doesn't even being to describe Tim Miller...he is truly the salt of the earth, gentle and filled with compassion. May this search provide evidence that leads to Laura's murderer so that justice can be sought. May this search provide what is needed for you and your family to find peace and closure...it's been a very long time coming. You are in my thoughts and prayers dear man.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back