Why didn't Billie call Shawn before going to CCPD to report Hailey missing?

According to BD: "I didn't even think to call Shawn."

images

That's not just a red flag to me...that's big red flashing lights!! I cannot imagine, my daughter is missing, and the last person to have seen her was the person I am so so in love with...and I don't think to call him??? No....doesn't fit not matter how hard she tries to pound that square peg into a round hole.

Stick a fork in it.

Oh yeah...she didn't think about the balloon release either....so maybe she just forgets things a lot. My bad. :maddening:

She wanted to delay her making her report to LE. Wonder what she was doing while she remained at werk, right after DD "told" her what she already knew, that HD never stayed over at MB's. She didn't leave werk until 1pm. Had she really really been surprised to learn that HD wasn't at MB's, why she might have panicked. She might have been so frightened that she would have called SA at werk, and told him to come get her and take her LE. After she stopped at home to check, of course, and to text a few of HD's friends. Then she would need to stop by a few places, but people weren't home, they must have been at werk. So, she called DD at noon, and waited until 2pm to appear at the police station to file a report in person. Huh???

That's not just a red flag to me...that's big red flashing lights!! I cannot imagine, my daughter is missing, and the last person to have seen her was the person I am so so in love with...and I don't think to call him??? No....doesn't fit not matter how hard she tries to pound that square peg into a round hole.

Stick a fork in it.

Oh yeah...she didn't think about the balloon release either....so maybe she just forgets things a lot. My bad. :maddening:

Simply put, it may be one small detail that she forgot to do in her story. IMO, she knew that SA knew that Hailey was missing.

Could DD have been the one that first noticed Haylie missing and was the one doing all the calling around looking for her? Maybe that's why BD only checked with 2 people before reporting her missing. It's hard to believe that a person would think a kid actually missing without checking with every girl she knew first, unless BD already suspected something awful had happened.

She wanted to delay her making her report to LE. Wonder what she was doing while she remained at werk, right after DD "told" her what she already knew, that HD never stayed over at MB's. She didn't leave werk until 1pm. Had she really really been surprised to learn that HD wasn't at MB's, why she might have panicked. She might have been so frightened that she would have called SA at werk, and told him to come get her and take her LE. After she stopped at home to check, of course, and to text a few of HD's friends. Then she would need to stop by a few places, but people weren't home, they must have been at werk. So, she called DD at noon, and waited until 2pm to appear at the police station to file a report in person. Huh???

BBM

Could she know so little about where her daughter slept at night that she didn't even KNOW Hailey had never stayed at MB's??? :eek:

Could DD have been the one that first noticed Haylie missing and was the one doing all the calling around looking for her? Maybe that's why BD only checked with 2 people before reporting her missing. It's hard to believe that a person would think a kid actually missing without checking with every girl she knew first, unless BD already suspected something awful had happened.

BBM

Is it ok to say this? Maybe he'd been hinky since the "deer in headlights" moment.

ETA: God Bless HAILEY,

BBM

Could she know so little about where her daughter slept at night that she didn't even KNOW Hailey had never stayed at MB's??? :eek:

Did she ever call MB's Mom to see what she had to say? Most Mom's wouldn't take the kid's word for it just in case.

Ok, Let me get this right the Very Best BF of HD was not Home, nor was this BFF’s Gma not home,
Furthermore, I will assume that BD did not get ahold of them or she would have stated that, and that is why she drove to their home…
Therefore, not being able to reach them, she still assumes HD is missing…. Hmmm what if they had gone to the mall and / or somewhere else?

According to BD's interview on NG on January 4:

GRACE: Now a woman in the community says she spotted Hailey that evening. This would have been Monday evening, with the little neighbor girl and the neighbor girl`s little boyfriend. What would he have been, 12, 13? Is that the little neighbor she was going to visit?

BILLIE: No. That was the girl she was going to visit.

GRACE: What did this woman see?

BILLIE: She saw Hailey, MB and a boy that she didn`t recognize.

GRACE: Now have you — have you spoken with MB? Did that in fact happen?

BILLIE: I hadn`t asked her about that. I`m letting the police handle MB. I do call her to ask her hey, what did Hailey say to you on Monday, did she call you Monday, did you guys text, did she say she was going somewhere else Monday, or with another friend Monday, and she tells me no.

GRACE: Did she say she even saw Hailey on Monday?

BILLIE: She hasn`t told me that she did. No.

GRACE: OK. So to your knowledge, Hailey never went to MB`s?

BILLIE: Right. That`s what she says.

According to BD, she had some sort of communication with MB (whether by phone call or text), but who knows when that was, since in the above quoted interview, BD didn't state when she talked to MB (if it's even true that she talked to MB). I tend to doubt most of what BD has said, since she has contradicted herself multiple times, even in the above interview.

In one breath, BD said:

And in the very next breath she said:

smiley-confused005.gif

Right, it sounds as if possibly BD talked to her later but not on that first day. Then again, who knows:maddening:

Every answer Billie gives (above) to NG about MB leaves room for one to conclude that MB is not telling the truth...as though Billie is saying that, without saying that..."she hasn't told me that she did" and "that's what she says."

I can't understand why BD didn't call SA when she couldn't find Hailey. As many have stated, I'd want to get my facts straight first ... which friend?, what was she wearing?, what time did she go?, what did she take with her? It says a lot to me that she didn't make that call.

Maybe I missed this point but if my kids wanted to go somewhere before I got home from work or wherever, they had to call & ask permission first. I don't recall BD ever saying anything about Hailey asking for permission to do anything. Older than 13, my kids still knew they had to ask first.

BD didn't call SA because that wasn't part of the storyline they conjured up. Everything was done to avoid SA being involved. BD tells DD to text MB on Tuesday to tell her to come home. Why not get MB's # and talk to her daughter herself just to hear her voice? She hadn't talked to her since Sunday. Of course MB hasn't seen HD. Then BD tells DD to go tell CD, then BD goes to LE without even calling SA to ask if he's heard from HD or at the very least, to express her concern that HD is not where she was supposed to be. BD thought she was covering for SA by keeping him out of the circle of suspicion, but he throws her under the bus in his 1st interview/poly... when asked who LE should be looking at he said 'both of us'.
Note that SA left work early (quit) on Monday and BD left work early that day, too.

According to SA, BD's relief got there early but who knows why she left early. Maybe the plan was to go about the day as normal but SA couldn't handle it and left as soon as he got to work. Maybe he didn't want BD to know he left/quit because the plan was to act normal and he didn't want her to know he blew it. I think he harmed HD then dragged BD into the cover up. The things women do for men they 'love'.... JMO

I don't get why BD would pick MB if she KNEW HD had NEVER stayed overnight there! Even in an effort to protect SA! Why choose a child out of the blue? Maybe that WAS the point??

I have been trying to keep up and just reading as nothing new has come out but this thread made my wheels start clicking.

If I try to put myself in this scenario as a parent, the very 1st thing I would have done is contact SD thinking I surely misunderstood where she said she was going. Then no matter whether I got along with this other parent or not (as there seems to be some problem here) that would be my next call, text, stop - probably all 3. I might backtrack at this point to CD's and start calling everyone I knew connected to my child. I would be totally unhinged and hysterical at this point. I would want these people (SA, CD, MB, MB's mom) all in one room where I could see and question everyone.

I haven't seen any response on this thread yet that would give me reason to find not calling SA logical. I would think any parent would start right there. The fact that BD did not is very troublesome. Y'all might have pushed me off the fence.

The only thing that makes sense to me is BD had no reason to call SA first because she was already aware of what happened.

I do wonder if she was prepared for the amount of news coverage this received. We've all seen cases which did not receive this kind of coverage, in particular making the national news. I know I'm coming down really hard on BD but I just can't understand a mother who behaves as she has done since Hailey went missing.

The only thing that makes sense to me is BD had no reason to call SA first because she was already aware of what happened.

I do wonder if she was prepared for the amount of news coverage this received. We've all seen cases which did not receive this kind of coverage, in particular making the national news. I know I'm coming down really hard on BD but I just can't understand a mother who behaves as she has done since Hailey went missing.

Once WS got involved it Snowballed...:innocent:
I don't think they realizes the power and resources here......:innocent:

Someone on another website mentioned this (it's a little off topic but it does have to do with the cell calls):
If BD's cell phone was left at the house for the kids to use, why didn't HD use it to call her and ask if she could go to MB's?

Either:
a) It's all a big story concocted by SA and BD.
b) HD was really going somewhere else and it's easier to lie through a third party (SA).
c) It's SA's story only...He didn't know BD had left the phone.

Someone on another website mentioned this (it's a little off topic but it does have to do with the cell calls):
If BD's cell phone was left at the house for the kids to use, why didn't HD use it to call her and ask if she could go to MB's?

Either:
a) It's all a big story concocted by SA and BD.
b) HD was really going somewhere else and it's easier to lie through a third party (SA).
c) It's SA's story only...He didn't know BD had left the phone.

I thought that there was a landline in the house so why would Billie need to leave the cell phone with the kids at all? MOO

There have been conflicting stories about a landline. Anyone know for fact?
If there IS one, then there were TWO possible phones for her to call on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back