Japan: 9.0 Earthquake-Tsunami-Nuclear Reactor Developments #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the latest update from the IAEA. More to this update and previous updates at link:

Japanese Earthquake Update (15 March 11:25 UTC)
Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant Update

Radiation Dose Rates Observed at the Site
The Japanese authorities have informed the IAEA that the following radiation dose rates have been observed on site at the main gate of the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant.
At 00:00 UTC on 15 March a dose rate of 11.9 millisieverts (mSv) per hour was observed. Six hours later, at 06:00 UTC on 15 March a dose rate of 0.6 millisieverts (mSv) per hour was observed.
These observations indicate that the level of radioactivity has been decreasing at the site.

http://www.iaea.org/newscenter/news/tsunamiupdate01.html

Well I hope the wsj is right. Now the danger level has been upgraded to a 6 out of 7. Chernobyl was a 7,three Mile Island was a 5. I don't believe anyone,and I don't think anyone really knows whats going on in Japan. Power company is not forthcoming.

HLN just said an earthquake has hit Tokyo, not an aftershock....anyone else catch this? off to find....

Well I hope the wsj is right. Now the danger level has been upgraded to a 6 out of 7. Chernobyl was a 7,three Mile Island was a 5. I don't believe anyone,and I don't think anyone really knows whats going on in Japan. Power company is not forthcoming.

I totally agree. I don't understand why our government isn't issuing statements to reassure the American people. We've yet to hear from our president...I don't remember ever before a time when our president did not at least hold a press conference long before where we are now to touch base with us and enlighten us as to what is really going on which leaves me to believe one of two things: either this adminstration is incapable of gathering intelligence in a timely manner or things are much worse than anyone is letting on and the White House is postponing the news as long as possible until they can put things in place to deal with the panic that will follow. Either way, I find it appalling.

I don't think our government knows what is going on...therefore they are opting to stay silent.

Death toll rises, stocks plunge, foreigners flee as nuclear crisis escalates

TOKYO — Torn up and terrified by a disaster that keeps on getting worse, Japan has transformed in just four days from one of the world’s most comfortable countries into one of its most distressed

Thousands of people along the northeastern coast of Asia’s richest country are dead, and tens of thousands have gone days with little food, little water and almost no heat. Their towns have been demolished into soggy fields.
And Tuesday, amid an escalating nuclear emergency, a dangerous plume of radioactive material leaked from a coastal power plant, causing panic among stock traders, triggering evacuation orders from foreign companies and generating a deep sense of unease among millions of residents concerned about radiation exposure.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...risis-escalates/2011/03/15/ABHrieW_story.html

I don't think our government knows what is going on...therefore they are opting to stay silent.

How can the U. S. Government NOT know? It's called Intelligence gathering. I can't recall any other disaster where we didn't hear from our President within a short time after the occurance simply to touch base with the American people. I feel lost...like there's no one manning the ship.

I am not a sheeple and i want an independent source to go look at what they can see and take radiation level samples etc.. then report back to the people of Japan and the world... with the truth

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Maps/region/Asia.php

Earthquake Details

• This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.
Magnitude6.1Date-Time
  • Tuesday, March 15, 2011 at 13:31:46 UTC
  • Tuesday, March 15, 2011 at 10:31:46 PM at epicenter
Location35.322°N, 138.552°EDepth1 km (~0.6 mile) set by location programRegionEASTERN HONSHU, JAPANDistances
  • 40 km (25 miles) NNE (20°) from Shizuoka, Honshu, Japan
  • 42 km (26 miles) S (182°) from Kofu, Honshu, Japan
  • 104 km (65 miles) NE (48°) from Hamamatsu, Honshu, Japan
  • 115 km (72 miles) WSW (251°) from TOKYO, Japan
Location Uncertaintyhorizontal +/- 12.4 km (7.7 miles); depth fixed by location programParametersNST=364, Nph=368, Dmin=139.1 km, Rmss=0.71 sec, Gp= 40°,
M-type=teleseismic moment magnitude (Mw), Version=ASource
Event IDusc00023fx

How can the U. S. Government NOT know? It's called Intelligence gathering. I can't recall any other disaster where we didn't hear from our President within a short time after the occurance simply to touch base with the American people. I feel lost...like there's no one manning the ship.

How can they know? Intelligence gathering is one thing. You monitir the media, you interview, you send people into the affected/suspect area, and you investigate the outcome/consequences of past similar incidents.

In this case, that's not possible. The media is all over the place, the Japanese government is desperate to try and keep their economic infrastructure intact, which does not lend itself to truthfulness, we aren't barging in unless we are invited, there is no one to interview that is likely to be honest at this point, the affected area is too dangerous to send anyone into or over, since there is a no fly zone, and there has never been an incident quite like this one for comparison. (Chernobyl, I feel is a weak comparison, and if there is full meltdown of three reactors, will be considered tiny in comparison.)

Maybe in light of the fact that there is no news to report, they are afraid of having to resort to the same doubletalk that the japanese government is using. Or they are afraid of inciting further panic by saying they don't know what will happen, and subscribing to the no news is good news theory.

I am not a sheeple and i want an independent source to go look at what they can see and take radiation level samples etc.. then report back to the people of Japan and the world... with the truth

Unfortunately, at this point in time, you might want to take control of your own destiny as opposed to waiting for "they" to do it. Gather whatever you need, do what you need to do. If nothing comes of it, fine, maybe you look stupid, but then again, maybe you will be smarter than some others.

My opinion of course.

Austria says it is moving its embassy from Tokyo to Osaka amid concerns that dangerous levels of radiation leaking from a crippled nuclear plant might reach the Japanese capital.

The foreign ministry announced the move after Japan's government said radiation had spread from the four stricken reactors of the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear plant along Japan's northeastern coast.
http://www.taiwannews.com.tw/etn/news_content.php?id=1543755

That tells me it's pretty freakin serious. They don't just move embassies on a whim.

I am speechless.
God Bless every living being and thing worldwide.
Who knows how this will effect all nations........
We just sit and wait, can do nothing to help right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth