GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I do believe she has been taken, there is still that nagging possibility that she's in the family home. It is plausible little brother saw her leave, but didn't notice she returned because he was watching the movie/cartoons/playing with toys, etc. It's plausible (but not likely) she's still home. LE stated they already went through the house (but managed to miss a pretty major clue, the shirt, until today). What if they missed another clue...like Willow herself?

Does the family have a basement in their home? A freezer with food in it perhaps, that is easily accessible from a basement hiding spot? What about closets in the basement? Where is their kitchen in relation to the rest of the house?

It has happened several times...all you have to do is Google. Kids go missing and this circus ensues and they get scared poopless because they know they're going to be in DEEP trouble, and they hide. My niece hides very well...eerily well! I had to call her out of hiding once because I couldn't find her anywhere. If a child knows what's going on...it wouldn't surprise me if they were hiding out of fear of punishment/discipline. Seven year olds period, hide very well. Does the family have a garage with fridge in it? KIDS are very...very good at hiding.

I know this sounds outlandishly silly. but face it - anything is possible when the fact remains that Willow is still missing and nobody saw her.

When I first read about Willow, I got a sense that she had crawled under the house, into a crawl space. I don't know why I thought that...but, I felt that she had hidden there...jmo moo

Maybe if she is being held for questioning, she isn't in a position to speak to the media.

Yes.
A lot of the time (especially early in a case, LE tells family not to speak to media...why compromise the case/search?)
Moo...
Double edged sword for family
:sigh:

The Missing Willow Long page is blowing up now. Most recent post is says TL- The mother isn't being questioned. I can't tell if that is TL there running the page now from Texas or if he's been posting accusations against the mother of his daughter?

OK,Im just gonna say it... This little angel reminds me SO much of Jessica Ridgeway.

Please...Willow hang in there!

Willow is such a beautiful and spirited girl...You can see the mischief in her eyes in some of the pictures.

This case has so many unanswered questions...

Who, outside the family, last saw Willow?
What else was the 3 year old able to tell them?
When did she actually leave the home?
Why did she leave?
WHERE is Willow?

Willow makes me remember the little redheaded girl who went missing on her way to school in another small town.... IIRC...It was somewhere out west. Step Dad supposedly dropped her off, but she never made it inside. A few weeks later her body was found by the owners of a ranch when they were horseback riding. Guess Who Did It? Step Dad!

OMG...I feel so bad that I can not think of that little girl's name or where she went missing. It is sad that we WSer's follow so many that they just run together!

Dear God..Please Bring Willow Home Safe & Sound!

SO many conflicting stories, here.

Someone stated she has walked to Effingham before.

Grandpa says Willow has never left his yard before on her own...never, and wouldn't.
(I believe him)

I would still like to know where uncle, grandma and grandpa were when all this went down, and prior to. I'm not accusing, it's a legitimate question.

Hinky meter still pegged but I don't think it's as cut and dry as ppl think.

Laying low to avoid band camp--but will continue to snoop around some different avenues/ideas...
:sleuth:

Wow. That's an interesting spin on things. I knew that there was an older married couple with an address on Circle Drive. I had figured there were two houses or a house and trailer on one chunk of land.

It may be vitally important for LE to determine precisely what triggered Willow's mom to report her missing. Did the uncle wake her up and tell her Willow was gone? Did a friend drop by and ask where Willow was? Did mom wake up and the uncle was gone and Willow was missing?

The Missing Willow Long page is blowing up now. Most recent post is says TL- The mother isn't being questioned. I can't tell if that is TL there running the page now from Texas or if he's been posting accusations against the mother of his daughter?

TL is not the mother... That's the dad from TX iirc

Gentle reminder to everyone (and myself)....
TOS
We don't want this thread to get shut down...we owe it to Willow to help her out. :grouphug:

http://fox2now.com/2013/09/09/7-year-old-girl-missing-from-effingham-county-in-illinois/

"Willow lives with her mother, uncle and grandparents. Her mother and uncle were home when she went missing.
The two, ages 26 and 22, are being held for questioning according to the girl’s grandfather.
“It isn’t like Willow to wander away,” said the grandfather. And he feels foul play is involved."

I don't think we should concern ourselves with this as its hearsay from a grandfather who just arrived.

As for why the parents haven't been on TV... Mom was sick so I am going to assume she is still sick, and if not, maybe turning over every rock and looking under every leaf blade to find her daughter. Dad lives in TX (IIRC) and is currently driving all the way to IL to help find his baby girl. I've been in contact with him on FB. He is updating FB via telephone as he is travelling.

Im sickened by all of the mean comments I saw on FB. Those negative comments are NOT what these young parents need right now. I have invited both mom and dad over here to WS to get some real help from some pros at sleuthing. I hope they join us. I just want to see this precious baby girl back home with her family where she belongs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson