GUILTY TX - Brian Martin & Veronica Martinez for child abuse, Harlingen, 2004

I know countless wonderful mothers that never had a parenting handbook how to raise their children. They didn't need one because imo they truly were the nurturers that they were intended to be and fell in love with their baby even before it was born and even those babies that may have come along at an unexpected time in their lives.

I don't know why we are seeing more and more so called mothers who are doing this but in place of love, bonding and nurturing is anger, hate, resentment, horrible cruelty and looking at these children if they were burdens instead of the blessings they are.

We are losing innocent lives everyday this way and it only seems to worsen.

Gone is the needs of the defenseless child and it its place it seems it has become all about "ME,ME,ME!": furious:

imo

We have already stated it on this thread, but say it with me-
Birth Control, people.

I feel so sorry for this little boy, who should be loved and adored, and I worry for his future and how he will now develop. We have two foster Children in our care one we got when he was just 4 days old he is 3 years old now and is perfect in every way (except a little spoilt, but hey what can I say he is adorable) and the other one we got at four months old and the difference between them is so sad we had to spend the first 6 months to a year teaching her to trust and encouraging her to bond she is nearly two now and I think her development both mentally and Physically will always be delayed.. (she too is spoil, but again I hold my hands up).
Hopefully this little boy will find a family that will love him and be able to help him become the best that he can be..

This sounds horrible, but I think it's something psychological that should be explored. If she wanted the baby dead so badly, why didn't she succeed? She was a grown adult against a helpless baby.

Is this a case of sadism? Was her resentment and rage so great that she'd rather torture the baby than kill him? Driving to a Walmart to spoil meat just boggles the mind. You can't spoil meat in your backyard? And anyone with a baby that age knows that babies have a reflex that wouldn't allow him to swallow the meat. She might as well have shoved it in there in an effort to choke him.

This is just a bizarre story. Something doesn't add up. It's more like a Munchausen case than anything else. The psychological implications are startling.

I agree with you wholeheartedly about the psychological implications of this very sad, strange case. Maybe she will get some counseling while she is in prison.

Also, 18 is very young to have a child - I understand that plenty of women give birth and do a great job of parenting at such a young age, but it does seem to me that many of the abuse stories we read about involve very young parents.

Also, I want to point out that, with rare exception, every single child abuser was a victim of abuse as a child. It's a chain of pain. That doesn't mean that most victims of child abuse go on to be abusive parents - many are able to break the cycle and they are to be lauded for that. Still, I think it is important to remember how "normal" it may seem to parent with violence if that's what you knew and were shown.

My prayers for this family and I do hope this child is with gentle, loving caretakers - that's the only thing that will give him a real shot at a decent life.

Veronica Martinez

Housed: Murray
Sentence Date: 09/20/2005
Offense Date: 04/01/2004

Offense: 6 counts Injury to a Child
Offense: 2 counts Attempted Injury to a Child
Sentence: 20 years

Parole Eligibility Date: 04/30/2007
Projected Release Date: 02/28/2025
Maximum Release Date: 02/28/2025

OMG!!!! I was there was a smilies for crying. That is what I did when I read this. My daughter is 1 year old and I can not imagine harming her. If she hated her son that much, why not give him up. This woman should never be allowed to have another child.

One word: Hysterectomy

Hope she goes away for a long time. Probably will only get probation! :banghead:
Dang can’t believe this happened so long ago and I made it. Thanks for the feels.

I agree with you wholeheartedly about the psychological implications of this very sad, strange case. Maybe she will get some counseling while she is in prison.

Also, 18 is very young to have a child - I understand that plenty of women give birth and do a great job of parenting at such a young age, but it does seem to me that many of the abuse stories we read about involve very young parents.

Also, I want to point out that, with rare exception, every single child abuser was a victim of abuse as a child. It's a chain of pain. That doesn't mean that most victims of child abuse go on to be abusive parents - many are able to break the cycle and they are to be lauded for that. Still, I think it is important to remember how "normal" it may seem to parent with violence if that's what you knew and were shown.

My prayers for this family and I do hope this child is with gentle, loving caretakers - that's the only thing that will give him a real shot at a decent life.
To let you know the cycle will be broken with me

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back