2010.07.12 - TH accused of sexual affair

My question is, how/who brought this to the spotlight? How did Kaine/LE become aware of this relationship? Phone records?

IMO it does not look like grieving for Kyron's disappearance and trying to find him is very high on her list of priorities. Doing this while under a lot of scrutiny also shows a lack of judgment that concerns me because who knows what might have happened to Kyron if she exhibits the same lack of judgment in familial situations. It does not seem wise to give the prosecution (if any) this kind of ammunition that shoots down her own character and the image of a grieving stepmom who loved him like her own.

Dunno, maybe she thinks that she's finished anyway and decided to live it up and go out in a blaze but I don't think so because if she's done it before with the landscaper it seems like a recurring pattern.

And isn't it odd that LE was privy to the text and pics on MC's cell phone. Wouldn't they need a search warrant to get that? It almost seems to me that Kaine put him up to this to try to get info.

My question is, how/who brought this to the spotlight? How did Kaine/LE become aware of this relationship? Phone records?

I think it was when LE was going through cell phone records they came across this/texts with MC.

I have a quick question. If anyone knows I thank you in advance.

Did LE approach this man because they had seen so many texts and calls between him and TMH OR did this man approach LE on his own?

ETA: Nevermind the same question was posed above.

http://www.kptv.com/download/2010/0712/24229769.pdf

I would like to know how much Mr C and K hung out with each other before this happened? If they haven't seen each other much, why would he insert himself in the picture to the extent he did?

According to KH per Willamette Week, BBM "Kaine Horman tells WW he hadn’t seen Michael Cook since high school, but Cook contacted the family after Kyron disappeared June 4. The two men went to high-school together in Seattle.

“The first time I’ve seen him since then was when Kyron went missing,” Kaine Horman says."

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/07...orman-started-affair-after-kyron-disappeared/

Not that this tells us much about their friendship in high school. Some people are social network friends with everyone in their school history, they just blanket request friendships, and may never have been close. If they never kept in touch after high school, they may never even have been good friends. That doesn't stop people from adding people to networks, etc. Plus, they may have become friends after news releases of Kyron's disappearance.

My point is, I don't think they were that close, IMO. But they did know each other growing up. and then lost touch for years and years.

Geesh, if 10% of the messages and photos are true, Mr. Cook is in the hot seat for sure, but it is white noise to me. Overall, we are looking at a woman who is either incredibly needy or is a black widow...JMO. Not enough info to pick yet as far as I am concerned, but like JBean posted, it may give us a window into how she found an accomplice or why Kyron was taken at all.

Calliope mentioned in the other thread that this could have been a set up.

which is exactly why ugly coping is not a totally outrageous explanation. This behavior is so bizzare in the wake of this whole event,I am not discounting that idea. KWIM?

Your husband dies, your child dies, some other awful but relatively normal tragedy happens in your life....I buy ugly coping. Your stepson is missing (and it's only been a few weeks)...I don't buy it. If you had nothing to do with it, you'd be doing everything you can to clear yourself so LE can focus their attention on the search for the real kidnapper/killer AND spending the rest of your time trying to find him to bring joy or closure to your husband.

Cook was approached and interviewed by LE-that is how I am reading it. I mean, we are talking about the FBI here and the Patriot 2 act...the house may be bugged and her computer hacked.

And isn't it odd that LE was privy to the text and pics on MC's cell phone. Wouldn't they need a search warrant to get that? It almost seems to me that Kaine put him up to this to try to get info.

My guess is that they are privy to TH's cell records.

Whats the date on the photos matou and was Terri at this event? Please tell me that is not her next to him on the shot of the Sylvan bridge hanging the poster, lol?

Not sure who the lady is on the bridge but the Katu story of the banner hanging was on June 11th.

From the artcile:

Old friends of Kyron’s father, Kaine, placed four large banners above Highway 26 Friday: two at the Cornelius Pass Road Exit and two on Sylvan Hill.

“I’ve got a 6-year-old boy, and if he went missing, I hope my friends would help me out too,” said Michael Cook.

Cook said he’s been friends with Kaine since high school - more than 20 years - but he had little insight into how the family coping.

“I can’t really say, he said. “How would anyone be doing?”

http://www.katu.com/news/local/96190844.html

which is exactly why ugly coping is not a totally outrageous explanation. This behavior is so bizzare in the wake of this whole event,I am not discounting that idea. KWIM?

Hi JBean. Never heard of the term 'ugly coping'. If it's the same as dysfunctional, inappropriate behavior, I agree. I'm wondering about Terri's history regarding sex. Wonder if she has one outside of 16 yo and 21/2 years ago and what might be inbetween all those years. Yikes!

Snipped by me:

http://www.kptv.com/download/2010/0712/24229769.pdf

I would like to know how much Mr C and K hung out with each other before this happened? If they haven't seen each other much, why would he insert himself in the picture to the extent he did?

Round and round we go...but does any of this tell us where Kryon is?

I do wonder what parts of what Mr. Cook heard from the reporter today, he says are not true, since this is coming from court documents and LE.

But, I agree with the above post. This guy got my attention just a couple of weeks into this. He was the only one being interviewed in print and on TV, he gave his name freely. He organized the vigil, he hung banners, he put up or was involved with the website, etc... I googled him only because of his out front involvement. I don't remember finding anything of interest. But, he bugged me because experience in cases have taught us to be wary of those that try to install themselves into the investigation, helping with searches, etc...

Now to hear that we hadn't even met Terri until after June 4? WTH? How much was he friends with Kaine to never have met her? Not very, I would have to think. So why him? Why so involved in an out front way so soon? Why not closer friends?

I would like to know if he contacted LE or if LE contacted him first about this latest news, if any of the posts or documents today have said, I missed it.

This guy got my attention before, and he has even more of it now. He may just be a lonely bored guy that likes attention and nothing more, but he bugs me.

If these things are true, it tells me a great deal about Terri as a person and it makes it easier for me to understand how she could be the type of person that could have done great harm to Kyron. This is not rational behavior, but by asking him to lie, she clearly knows right from wrong.

She wants out of her marriage, she (maybe) tries to arrange a hit on Kaine. She doesn't want Kyron, or wants to punish others, he is gone. She (maybe) tries to find away to sneak possession of her daughter away from Kaine at the gym, prior to the RO. Now all this.

This is a woman that does what she wants, regardless of possible consequences or other avenues available for her to do them. I believe this woman is dangerous. Why on earth did they not block the address of where Kaine and the baby were staying? How did that help protect them from her?

This case makes me sick and drives me nuts. :banghead:

Isn't it standard when a child is missing to look at affairs and affair partners of both of the parents? I'm not surprised at all that a) they looked into it and b) they consider it relevant to the investigation as a potential motive. At this point, anything that demonstrates poor boundaries, secrecy, lies and manipulation should be followed up.

Mr. Cook appears to have put himself smack dab in the middle of the fire, fwiw. I am going to cut to the chase and wonder if [MC] was being groomed as the next hitman? Does he have a record?

Yup! My thoughts EXACTLY! Especially since they are saying that the "sexting" she did with him closely resembles what she did with the landscaper guy. Methinks this is not new behavior for TH!

Oh...aren't we also supposed to call the guy "MC" in leiu of his name? I'm editing it out of your quote in my post. But you might want to go back and edit it in yours.

Is he one of Kaine's friends that put up the website, then decided to take the website down later? We were all wondering why it wouldn't have been left up since Kyron was still missing?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back