Theories On What Happened To Susan Powell

I’m taking a break from writing one of the hardest papers I’ve ever done, turned on the TV and I am watching ‘Criminal Minds’ one of my favorite programs. One of the actors said something that made me think of jp. The line was about “carrying a 110 lb woman who was deceased, it would be a difficult task”. It appears that Susan was more than 110lbs and jp is certainly not a muscular male. In fact he is the embodiment of the ’99lb weakling’.

He could not, alone, have carried Susan very far. Did someone help him? Did he park near or next to where she was placed? What about ‘putting a body in a sleeping bag and dragging it’. Could the snow/ice have made this easier to do?

I don't know, but can you imagine just how surreal that night must have been for everyone? How totally bizarre.

MOO, of course.

I’m taking a break from writing one of the hardest papers I’ve ever done, turned on the TV and I am watching ‘Criminal Minds’ one of my favorite programs. One of the actors said something that made me think of jp. The line was about “carrying a 110 lb woman who was deceased, it would be a difficult task”. It appears that Susan was more than 110lbs and jp is certainly not a muscular male. In fact he is the embodiment of the ’99lb weakling’.

He could not, alone, have carried Susan very far. Did someone help him? Did he park near or next to where she was placed? What about ‘putting a body in a sleeping bag and dragging it’. Could the snow/ice have made this easier to do?

Putting together what little I know:

Shrinkwrap her, tie a rope around her (or tie her to a sled that you can pull with a rope).
Drive somewhere.
Untie the load from the sled, and let it roll down a hill.
Put the sled back in the car.
Light a fire and tell the kids you're "camping".

When you get home, tell everyone that you "went south".

I don't know, but can you imagine just how surreal that night must have been for everyone? How totally bizarre.

MOO, of course.

Especially with two young children who, although one was nearly 3, were likely not potty trained.

How many dirty diapers were found in the minivan....or out in the "Pony Express" area?

MOO,

Warning - slightly graphic.

Lol, we've hashed this over and over but I'll throw it out there, again.

I don't think someone else helped at that hour of the night. Someone else (SP?) may well have provided advice and support later on. I bet at some point during the next day a call was made to SP.

I think the dump probably was very close to the van. I just can't see dragging a body for a very long distance, considering there were 2 children in the van, the weather, the darkness, etc. I'll guess a drop off a cliff, into a river, or, yes, maybe even a mine close to the road - but certainly not too far from the van and a road.

I also don't think that changing diapers were much of a thought during the night. It's a good question, though. Were dirty diapers found in the van? If it were me, I'd probably just throw them out or bury them (not normally, but in that situation). I bet no diapers were found in the Pony Express area because he was never there.

Putting together what little I know:

Shrinkwrap her, tie a rope around her (or tie her to a sled that you can pull with a rope).
Drive somewhere.
Untie the load from the sled, and let it roll down a hill.
Put the sled back in the car.
Light a fire and tell the kids you're "camping".

When you get home, tell everyone that you "went south".

Respectfully BBM - and just asking

How do you pull that off with 2 children possibly watching? You've got to load the sled in the van and get the children in the van, too - probably wide awake at that point. And, how do you explain the the "roll down" to the children? It would all work fine, except for the children...

Respectfully BBM - and just asking

How do you pull that off with 2 children possibly watching? You've got to load the sled in the van and get the children in the van, too - probably wide awake at that point. And, how do you explain the the "roll down" to the children? It would all work fine, except for the children...

Easy.

You leave the kids in the house (probably asleep, or with a little "Utah liquid Binky", aka Benadryl).

Once you've got the package in back of the minivan, you put the kids in.
They can't see what's in back.

And....strapped in their car seats, they can't see what you're doing, when you pull it out and roll it down the hill.

Folks have been mentioning "shrink wrap" -- that's the only reason I can see for it. (Substitute a piece of cardboard, carpet or plywood for the sled - same scenario.)

MOO,

Warning - slightly graphic.

Lol, we've hashed this over and over but I'll throw it out there, again.

I don't think someone else helped at that hour of the night. Someone else (SP?) may well have provided advice and support later on. I bet at some point during the next day a call was made to SP.

I think the dump probably was very close to the van. I just can't see dragging a body for a very long distance, considering there were 2 children in the van, the weather, the darkness, etc. I'll guess a drop off a cliff, into a river, or, yes, maybe even a mine close to the road - but certainly not too far from the van and a road.

I also don't think that changing diapers were much of a thought during the night. It's a good question, though. Were dirty diapers found in the van? If it were me, I'd probably just throw them out or bury them (not normally, but in that situation). I bet no diapers were found in the Pony Express area because he was never there.

I don't think he was, either.

There'd be a lot of dirty diapers, a diaper box, maybe some unused ones, graham crackers, marshmallows, hershey bars, baby wipes, etc. Lots of supplies needed for that fantasy camp.

Easy.

You leave the kids in the house (probably asleep, or with a little "Utah liquid Binky", aka Benadryl).

Once you've got the package in back of the minivan, you put the kids in.
They can't see what's in back.

And....strapped in their car seats, they can't see what you're doing, when you pull it out and roll it down the hill.

Folks have been mentioning "shrink wrap" -- that's the only reason I can see for it. (Substitute a piece of cardboard, carpet or plywood for the sled - same scenario.)

You read my mind! I have thought the start! Except the shrink wrap. Did he (JP) purchase shrink wrap rolls? If so, that is enough evidence to arrest if you ask me. That along with a clear "motive". Susan wanted to leave him. No brainer WVCPD ~~ sheesh. Why have they not served a warrant for his arrest?

You read my mind! I have thought the start! Except the shrink wrap. Did he (JP) purchase shrink wrap rolls? If so, that is enough evidence to arrest if you ask me. That along with a clear "motive". Susan wanted to leave him. No brainer WVCPD ~~ sheesh. Why have they not served a warrant for his arrest?

Arrest me...you caught me. "I have a large roll of shrink wrap...several rolls of duct tape and lots of rope, trashbags, Latex ,rubber, and leather gloves. Several books by Anne Rule, saws, shovels, knives (I wish I had a welding torch) and believe Susan Powell left with a "clear motive"to leave Josh Powell" That must make me a prime suspect...or a POI...or acc after the fact.

Why even wrap up a body at that time of day anyway...why not just set her up in a seat with a pillow like she is sleeping(seat belt on o'coarse...children in car seats sleeping...)makes a peacfull picture if pulled over by police in a traffic stop...(Officer to Josh, whats with everybody sleeping? Josh "Liquid binky" Officer, oh yea...use that stuff on my kids all the time never though about using on the wife... Josh thanks Barney and off he goes.)much better than a hastly wrapped plastic package in the back.

Dead bodies are moved all over the country everyday legally...It's not allways in a big black car...people die while riding in cars...alot of them on the way to the hospital. Show of hands how many people would be able to reconize a dead person vertical or horizontal if you saw one? really...how many have you seen or been next to, that left you with a lasting impression of the reality?

Susan left on her own...I have money bet on it, and I dont make bets unless Im pretty sure of the odds.

Arrest me...you caught me. "I have a large roll of shrink wrap...several rolls of duct tape and lots of rope, trashbags, Latex ,rubber, and leather gloves. Several books by Anne Rule, saws, shovels, knives (I wish I had a welding torch) and believe Susan Powell left with a "clear motive"to leave Josh Powell" That must make me a prime suspect...or a POI...or acc after the fact.

Why even wrap up a body at that time of day anyway...why not just set her up in a seat with a pillow like she is sleeping(seat belt on o'coarse...children in car seats sleeping...)makes a peacfull picture if pulled over by police in a traffic stop...(Officer to Josh whats with everybody sleeping? Josh "Liquid binky" Officer oh yea...use that stuff on my kids all the time never though about using on the wife... Josh thanks Barney and off he goes.)much better than a hastly wrapped plastic package in the back.

Dead bodies are moved all over the country everyday legally...It's not allways in a big black car...people die while riding in cars...alot of them on the way to the hospital. Show of hands how many people would be able to reconize a dead person vertical or horizontal if you saw one? really...how many have you seen or been next to? That left you with a lasting impression of the reality.

Susan left on her own...I have money bet on it, and I dont make bets unless Im pretty sure of the odds.

Tricia posted [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4775653&postcount=1"](click HERE)[/ame] about it. Rather than quoting, please click and read her entire post.

It's intriguing, for sure.
Depending on the size, it could be use to seal drafty windows in the wintertime.
Since JP was a known clean-freak, a theory about him using shrinkwrap as a body/evidence containment system, isn't illogical thinking.

Actually, it's just a rumor...until confirmed by LE.....and could it be poly rather than shrink wrap? Huge rolls of poly are used by homeowners for many things. Protection from rain when doing home repairs. Roof, patio,....even interior...painting, etc. It not abnormal at all for homeowners doing their own repairs or maintenance to have it.

given the events of the past few weeks (SP), I vote for #4, with a possible ending of #5....

I reread this entire thread tonight and it was very interesting to see that most of the theories now are the same as our original speculations. Some may even be exactly right about what actually happened. Time will tell and the clock is ticking....tick, tock, Josh, tick, tock....

I have been haphazordly following this case since the beginning. I watched other trails in between coming here from time to time since it began. I was intrigued from the very beginning a grown man, a father who supposedly loves and dotes on his sons, would use an albi such as camping in Dec in subzero temps on a mountain. And then thought everyone would believe it...because he really does. The male version of Casey Anthony folks. From the get go all the lies are not even close to believeable by either JP or SP. He was outside alright, somewhere but he wasn't camping. A little bit of truth in every lie. Just enough so he can remember them. It really bothered me from the very beginning that they isolated the boys as soon as was possible. Didn't help in searches. Didn't even cooperate with LE.

I do think Susan was drugged. I am still on the fence about planning, but I do think that SP was pushing for something to happen, anything. I also believe that over the course of 3 weeks he was giving her those drugs and finally enough built up in her system he gave her an overdose. She may have thrown up at some point or even possibly suffocated from vomiting, but I do believe she died in that house.

I agree with others, JP is not a huge man. Depending on how long it took there is a definite time when rigor starts to set in. Dead weight. He had to have help to hide the body. There is no way I can even see that happening even with the amount of adrenaline he must have been feeling, and euphoria for finally being rid of Susan.

I do also believe wherever she is, and I really hope that SP starts singing like a bird. I can't imagine he doesn't know already what he is in for in the system. He is low man now, very very low on the jjail ladder of things. For a deal, I will bet we will have closure for the Cox's and her sweet boys and all those who have worked so tirelessly to find her and bring justice.

Hopefully JP and his father will get everything they deserve and then some.

Kelly

I still can't shake the feeling Susan is still alive, and close to, if not on SP's property, but it may take some soffisticated equipment to find her ... or a stool pigeon. Time to start scaring the birds that occupy the cockoos' nest to start singing. JMHO.
I hate to think that IF I am correct in my theory, what disgusting torture she has endured thus far. I also hope there is not a pact that if head cuckoo get's jailed for one of his minions to do away with her, or let her rot in her enclosure.

I have not read the whole thread, so apologies if this has been discussed, but wasn't there mention at some point of JP taking the kids sledding? Perhaps he put her body on a sled for transport...(wow, that's hard to type). In fact, I do think a lot of winter campers use sleds to transport their gear. I know I have been around ice fisherman and they drag their gear out on what I can only describe as a sled (there is probably some official name for it in the ice fishing/winter camping world).

On the same token, I would also be cursious as to the weight of the generator he "took" with him camping. If he wasn't very strong, wouldn't he have had considerabel difficuly loading it from the garage into the back of the minivan?

I would think a person who lifts weights could be an asset in lifting heavy objects....just sayin'.....

I still can't shake the feeling Susan is still alive, and close to, if not on SP's property, but it may take some soffisticated equipment to find her ... or a stool pigeon. Time to start scaring the birds that occupy the cockoos' nest to start singing. JMHO.
I hate to think that IF I am correct in my theory, what disgusting torture she has endured thus far. I also hope there is not a pact that if head cuckoo get's jailed for one of his minions to do away with her, or let her rot in her enclosure.

For some reason, in the back of my mind, I feel like this is NOT impossible. Jaycee Duggard, Elizabeth Smart...I thought they were both gone forever.

In the end anything is possible, but the thing that keeps me thinking no way is the ego of both SP has, that there is very little he doesn't brag about, imho.

Do you think there is anyway after all this time they were able to keep it a total secret? No showing off? I wonder if its possible?

Thanks
Kelly

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member