ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
EXACTLY. I'd think the advertisements for the killvid on May 15th would show that. NON-PREMEDITATED MURDER by the prosecution???? WTF???? Live on CBC right now. OK, the charges could change to first degree with the progress of the investigation.

Ah, that makes more sense. Presumably their techie people are still getting their ducks in a row with linking him to the posts on May 15th.

Quite true ... he made decisions and took actions that reflect rational thought. I'm of the opinion that he has unresolved emotional issues stemming from childhood. That doesn't make him insane or in need of medication. He needs emotional maturity.
Trust me , he has been on meds ! Wrongly but the field doles out meds for everything - meds do nothing for personality disorders................

Asked for deferral until Thursday of next week for a psychological evaluation (on CBC news)

Trust me , he has been on meds ! Wrongly but the field doles out meds for everything - meds do nothing for personality disorders................

If you are a doctor you should get verified as a professional here at WS...

To clear this up, what he said was that originally they filed 2nd degree charges until more evidence came forward at which timje 1st degree charges were laid and the 2nd degree charges withdrawn. It's 1st degree people.

I think from now on I'll wait 5 minutes before I react to any reporting on this case. They seem to be getting everything wrong today.

Please, don't cut down my country's legal system. We have had our share of serious crimes, and Luka is more than likely going to be slapped with a dangerous offender label, which mean he will never be free again.
WIth the worldwide focus (but then OJ Casey) they cant do that but OJ and Casey had no video of their crimes on line either!

Oh jeez, pleading "not guilty." This circus is going to be huge.

While I'm here, I should bring up something else about how LM was taken from the airport in a police convoy. I don't have the link anymore, but I read that Jun Lin's family was chased by media hoards along the highway. LE didn't want a repeat of that.

Yes, LE mentioned that in a question and answer session w/ media yesterday.

36s Justin Ling ‏@justin_ling
Within 30 days, there could be a psyc assessment. #magnotta

56s Justin Ling ‏@justin_ling
The accused requested that it be postponed to thursday. There will be a psychiatric assessment. He may be remanded to a facility. #magnotta

"I fail to see why [a jury] wouldn't be able to handle this case...they're always difficult." -pros

per Justin Ling ..

I do not know who this is .. his attorney?

Attachments

• AvxanhzCAAELbzr.jpg
    AvxanhzCAAELbzr.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 16
I think from now on I'll wait 5 minutes before I react to any reporting on this case. They seem to be getting everything wrong today.

Yeah I know that you mean, I just deleted one of my post which was speculation based on the potential it was 2nd degree...

At the risk of sounding antagonistic, I beg to differ with you. Let's say that one in 20 people have his iq; in other words, he is no genius, but simply brighter than the raw average. That is all I ever meant to say. It is not as if I think he's better than an average person--just that he's not an idiot. I was responding to posts about him having a low iq, something which might have exonerated him and which I quite simply didn't see as a possibility. Besides, there's a benefit to seeing him this way. If we credit him with calculating logically at all times--if this is some master plan he has laid out for years and worked out intricate details of--then an insanity or mental deficiency plea becomes that much harder for him. Meanwhile, we have much to learn about Luka yet so a comparison to Casey Anthony is perhaps hasty.

Respectfully snipped

You could be describing Casey Anthony in your post ... someone that created an extensive fantasy life and attempted to convince others that the fantasy life was real. What we have is a liar that can keep his or her story straight most of the time, providing that the audience is compartamentalized or segregated. However, when Casey Anthony was challenged by a police officer regarding her fantasy life, it all came crumbling down in record time. Normal, intelligent people do not fall for the 'fantasy life' lies because they make no sense. Same with Eric Newman. The fact that these people can create a fantasy life that no rational person believes means nothing ... except that the liar wants others to believe that their empty lives are full and meaningful.

Thanks wowsers i didn't read about the fire. Probably updated when you read it. Guessing the Family thought him most likely responsible for the fire?
Yeh, till today I did not know someone else arrested , I had read he set fire in the family home closet, and that the only statement thus far by some family was something akin to "he hurt us years ago and we have had little contact"

I keep going back to look at these pictures, to try to see what you are seeing, but honestly, I do not. What I see is no affect at all. Just a blank, sedated look. His face is a blank mask.
Me too overmedicated.........

Yep, first degree murder. Whew. Not-guilty? GMAFB.

Yep, first degree murder. Whew. Not-guilty? GMAFB.

matou : maybe he truly believes that the crazy ex-manager (you remember the one he invented using his imagination) who has been trying to ruin his life has framed him for these horrific crimes and spoiled his European holiday....

If LM qualified for Legal Aide, I believe he would and did, then yes he can hire any lawyer he wants and any defence lawyer willing... and Marc Labelle seems to be willing, not surprising either. This will bring both of them the notiriety they both want. I am sure that LM thinks this is a match made in heaven and like Homolka it will be a sure win. I have news for you LM, don't be too quick on that one. People don't forget that easy what happened in that case. I sure as heck hope the police do NOT make any deals with this psychopath, like trying to get information on the missing head.

The judge would have only appointed a lawyer for him IF LM didn't qualify for Legal Aide. I doubt anyone is paying for his lawyer but if so that would be interesting to see who, his family? No I am pretty sure legal aide is the route he is going and Marc Labelle is very willing in this case to take it for publicity on his part.
Kinda think the only defense law who will take it is for book movie down road -- interesting thing just hit me anyone EVER know of a video of a crime recorded by perp?

Justin Ling ‏@justin_ling
Journo asks: where's the head. Proc: we can't tell you the info we have. Very important for family and the case. #magnotta

2m Justin Ling ‏@justin_ling
"We'll do our best to reassure them." Proc 2 says. #magnotta

Proc says that everyone agreed that a video link would be safer. He will be here in person later in the trial. #magnotta

Defence will be meeting with the family "very soon." They are still in Montreal. #magnotta

This leads me to think LRM told them where JL's head is & they will be able to give it to his family.

Kinda think the only defense law who will take it is for book movie down road -- interesting thing just hit me anyone EVER know of a video of a crime recorded by perp?

Yes. 3 Guys 1 Hammer, for a start.

Paul Barnardo and Karla Homolka also recorded some of their crimes, although not the murders and that's probably where he got the idea from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member