Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The big question I have on his side of the story - MH says that RAT wasn't the last person to see AM on Aug 3rd - but that RAT knows who was. How does RAT know this black unidentified male was the last person to see AM (by RAT's own account) if AM & unidentified male left his camper at the same time in SEPARATE vehicles??

I agree so much! Now we don't know what RAT's exact words are, but the fact that the attorney alluding to this guy being the LAST person to see her is odd. I'd love to know what the exact words of RAT were. The article on NBC29 says:

Hallahan says his client wasn't the last person with Alexis on August 3 - but that Taylor knows who was.

Then it goes on:

"Mr. Taylor told law enforcement that he met this missing girl at the Liberty gas station by coincidence. He had parked at the pumps to buy cigarettes and she had parked at the pumps to get gas," Hallahan said. "She made a comment to him about smoking marijuana based on her seeing him at another car wash in Lovingston weeks or a month before that. He had indicated to her that he would like to get some more. She said, ‘I know a guy' she told him to meet at another location in Lovingston and they rode up there in both cars."

Ok...so this tells us the this is from his interview with LE. But that second bolded comment is odd. she told him to meet at another location in Lovingston. Why would she tell him (RAT) to meet at RAT's place? If she indeed was going to connect these two for a drug deal I think she'd have some other place familiar to her in mind, don't you?

According to Hallahan, Taylor repeatedly told law enforcement the story. Hallahan says there is DNA evidence of the unidentified man in the camper that should help authorities find him.

Repeatedly huh? I wonder if there are any discrepancies between the accounts he has told?

So there is a bond hearing tomorrow?
The state will have to give some of the evidence, I believe, in order to hold him, but I wonder if we will get to hear it.

Also, really surprised the lawyer wanted this story of RT's to come out.

Totally agree with that. The rights and procedures are what protects all of us.

What I'm concerned about is that in LE's eagerness to nail RAT, they might have jumped the gun.

Yes, they found her hair in his trailer, but that means they ALREADY HAD A WARRANT TO SEARCH THERE. What evidence did they have to get the warrant? Just suspecting him of a previous crime and seeing him on video leaving the parking lot is not enough probable cause to justify a warrant to search his property. But I'm afraid they might have overstated the evidence to get the warrant, and later on a judge is going to throw it out. And that will mean that they can't use any evidence that they found based on that warrant--which in this case could wind up covering nearly all the physical evidence.

I hope I'm wrong. But their conduct in the SC case makes me worry.

This is the EXACT chain of thought I had last night, but didn't express it this well.

Either LE has a hole card that we won't know about for a while...or if not, if he IS guilty, I am now worried about them making their case stick. Again, I am reminded of the Tim Bosma/Dellen Millard case, where there is a MOUNTAIN of evidence but lots of people are willing to dispute it. Although in that situation the perp is young, handsome and wealthy.

The article does say he was arrested based on a hair of hers found in his trailer. (When? Does that mean they got a search warrant first? Based on what?)

Claims the other guy's DNA will be on a beer bottle. (Icehouse brand.)

Oddly specific. Either this guy is a very inventive liar, has the the worst luck in the world, or maybe LE is really mad they couldn't make the Samantha Clarke thing stick and are going after him again as a grudge.

The attorney would not know what evidence LE had or didn't have. He would have to file discovery and he wouldn't want to do that so soon. This article was stated by his defence lawyer and I am sure .

There is was probable cause if he was seen at the gas station talking to her . As he also was one of the last people to talk to SM. That alone is good enough .

His lawyer can request a bond hearing 3 three weeks. He can be told no over and over but he can try.

Fair enough, what would you say? Those are the main demographics though.

I disagree that 40% of Nelson County residents are rednecks. I think it is a very derogatory stereotype and implies that 40% of these residents are white, racist, low class, uneducated people. I disagree.

Ok...so this tells us the this is from his interview with LE. But that second bolded comment is odd. she told him to meet at another location in Lovingston. Why would she tell him (RAT) to meet at RAT's place? If she indeed was going to connect these two for a drug deal I think she'd have some other place familiar to her in mind, don't you?

SBM

I'm not reading it the same way as you.

I'm reading it as, they leave gas station and meet Mr. Caprice Classic at location B ("another location in Lovington"), maybe some public place like a fast food restaurant, then proceed from there to RAT's trailer. If true, it could explain why Alexis was willing to go there--she didn't proceed to his home without someone else there she knew with her.

That's another question. Why are 50 FBI agents searching that house and property over a local abduction? I know they get involved in kidnappings but that's usually one or two guys coming in to give advice, or maybe an evidence team if the locality or state doesn't have one. As we saw in Morgan Harrington's disappearance, Charlottesville has a very fine police force and the Virginia State Police are one topnotch outfit with some of the best resources in the country. But in those shots from last night, there's a swarm of FBI guys. That's way more than advice.

It is my personal opinion that as soon as Alexis was reported missing, LE would have gotten permission for cell records & pulled security tapes at the Liberty gas station since it was the last place she was known to be. As soon as they saw whatever it was on the ccvid that made them think RAT might be a suspect, they called in the FBI.

With all of the other unsolved cases in and around that area & the problem they had with harassment with RAT before, they would not want anyone scrutinizing their tactics in this investigation. That is automatically going to happen anyway.

What is the likelihood that ALL of these agencies working on this case are wrong? That we know if, so far there is Nelson Co, Orange Co, State LE & the FBI.

Boy, it's sure strange that both times a young woman goes missing, RAT is not only the last person known to LE to have been in contact with them, but BOTH times RAT claims to NOT have been their last contact, but both times he very helpfully knows who WAS!

He is just an unfortunate, unlucky man who is trying to be helpful to these women! :rolleyes:

(Adding a </sarcasm> tag, in case it wasn't obvious)

Totally agree with that. The rights and procedures are what protects all of us.

What I'm concerned about is that in LE's eagerness to nail RAT, they might have jumped the gun.

Yes, they found her hair in his trailer, but that means they ALREADY HAD A WARRANT TO SEARCH THERE. What evidence did they have to get the warrant? Just suspecting him of a previous crime and seeing him on video leaving the parking lot is not enough probable cause to justify a warrant to search his property. But I'm afraid they might have overstated the evidence to get the warrant, and later on a judge is going to throw it out. And that will mean that they can't use any evidence that they found based on that warrant--which in this case could wind up covering nearly all the physical evidence.

I hope I'm wrong. But their conduct in the SC case makes me worry.
20 pages behind but starting here:
Possible misconduct was local to Greene Co Sheriff's Office. This time the feds have led the way.

I disagree that 40% of Nelson County residents are rednecks. I think it is a very derogatory stereotype and implies that 40% of these residents are white, racist, low class, uneducated people. I disagree.

Ah gotcha, you just don't like the term. To me I was simply indicating white, southern culture. Not necessarily racist, low class, or uneducated. Basically any white person who has multiple generations from Nelson (myself included).

Anyway, back to relevant discussion. This is way off topic.

SBM

I'm reading it as, they leave gas station and meet Mr. Caprice Classic at location B ("another location in Lovington"), maybe some public place like a fast food restaurant, then proceed from there to RAT's trailer. If true, it could explain why Alexis was willing to go there--she didn't proceed to his home without someone else there she knew with her.

Ah, yes. I can see that now. Lack of sleep has clouded my brain! That would make more sense. I think we will know more when Mr. Cornrow is identified.

I called the tip line and reported what I know which isn't really anything, but they were appreciative.

I explained that I have seen him the past couple of days at the school. Also, we were on Route 151 and this is about 20 minutes from the Liberty. When we got to the end of 151 I turned right onto 250 east heading towards Charlottesville and he turned left onto 250 west and headed towards Waynesboro.

I left my name and number and told them to call with any additional questions.

Thanks for watching out dear -- be safe out there!!

SBM

Thats how I read it too. I think there was a little missing from your quote.

It is my personal opinion that as soon as Alexis was reported missing, LE would have gotten permission for cell records & pulled security tapes at the Liberty gas station since it was the last place she was known to be. As soon as they saw whatever it was on the ccvid that made them think RAT might be a suspect, they called in the FBI.

With all of the other unsolved cases in and around that area & the problem they had with harassment with RAT before, they would not want anyone scrutinizing their tactics in this investigation. That is automatically going to happen anyway.

What is the likelihood that ALL of these agencies working on this case are wrong? That we know if, so far there is Nelson Co, Orange Co, State LE & the FBI.

You could be right. But still. Why the FBI and not VSP? VSP is one of the top law enforcement agencies in the country.

Ah gotcha, you just don't like the term. To me I was simply indicating white, southern culture. Not necessarily racist, low class, or uneducated. Basically any white person who has multiple generations from Nelson (myself included).

Anyway, back to relevant discussion. This is way off topic.

I'm white and have several generations (more than several in fact) back in another rural SWVA county and I don't consider myself a redneck by any stretch of the imagination. My future SIL has several generations back in Nelson county and there is no way I'd call him a redneck either. To me redneck is indicative of certain ideology and cultural markers. Country =/= redneck. Southern =/= redneck. Just some input from a southern girl with deep roots in Virginny. =)

Argh what is wrong with Ws lately...can never get on without timing out...

Randy Taylor's Lawyer Says the Wrong Man Arrested
Posted: Aug 15, 2013 6:59 AM

http://www.wset.com/story/23143134/randy-taylors-lawyer-says-wrong-man-arrested

And NOW we are to believe Alexis met up with a man she didn't know to help someone else she didn't know get a fix? Like I said, keep talking RAT, lol

(so wish we could believe all the media articles)

No, Alexis allegedly KNEW Cornrow but Taylor did NOT know Cornrow. Alexis was allegedly hooking the two up for a drug deal.

And cluciano...I'm having trouble too. Slow and timing out.

I'm white and have several generations (more than several in fact) back in another rural SWVA county and I don't consider myself a redneck by any stretch of the imagination. My future SIL has several generations back in Nelson county and there is no way I'd call him a redneck either. To me redneck is indicative of certain ideology and cultural markers. Country =/= redneck. Southern =/= redneck. Just some input from a southern girl with deep roots in Virginny. =)

Ya I agree, I painted with a broad stroke for the sake of simplicity. I PM'd Twin to clarify and apologize. Gonna go back and edit that original post to put an end to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member