WI - Six people shot to death by Forest County deputy, Crandon, Oct 7, 2007

The station may have got it wrong. Just trying to clarify where I got my info. I try to link info whenever possible.

They think Tyler Peterson, an employee of just one week, opened fire at a party late last night.

http://www.nbc26.com/news/local/10300257.html

I seriously can't imagine LE handing over a badge to a 20 yr old much let alone make him a deputy sheriff.

You'd think some heads would be rolling in Wi today for such stupidity on the behalf of LE.

I don't care what kind of a nice kid people thought he was. He WASN"T he killed 6 & critically injured a 7th. LE gave him a badge to go in & kill innocent people! Why because the idiot got dumped???? Well big whoopty doo......it happens everywhere in the world people get dumped & not everyone goes out & kills that many kids. If he snapped that easily he shouldn't of had the rights to carry a gun or arrest anyone! JMHO

Oh I have no doubt wrongful death lawsuits will be filed against the police department.

What is scary is this guy had a supplied gun to do his madness and was to protect and serve the public...not kill them.

This motive is old as time both with men and women that have murdered because of jealousy. However it is extremely rare that the perp goes on a killing spree and kills everyone there just because they were there.

Give a loaded gun to a guy that is infuriated over the loss of his girlfriend and the ending is going to be horrendous.

Why he killed them all is just so hard to understand. But I never understand the mindset of killers.

imoo

The station may have got it wrong. Just trying to clarify where I got my info. I try to link info whenever possible.

They think Tyler Peterson, an employee of just one week, opened fire at a party late last night.

http://www.nbc26.com/news/local/10300257.html

Thank you. Maybe what I read about him being hired in January was to do with the part time police officer and not the Sheriff's office.

He worked for both, right?

imoo

I know I read somewhere (and I have read so many articles they are all swimming together:doh: ) that he was hired in January of this year. I cant remember if it was the Deputy position or the part time position he held with the Canden PD.

But let me ask a dumb question because I know nothing about myspace. Do you have to put your actual town down or are you allowed to put any town down that you want on your profile? tia

imoo

You can put any town down you want. I think it's by the zip code that you put in when you make your profile. My WS myspace (one I use to look for crime-related profiles) shows I live in Beverly Hills! hee hee

Thank you. Maybe what I read about him being hired in January was to do with the part time police officer and not the Sheriff's office.

He worked for both, right?

imoo

Yes. LE confirmed that much in the brief presser yesterday. I will be curious as to what info is released in the presser today. In the process to get the news out quickly, the media makes mistakes.

You can put any town down you want. I think it's by the zip code that you put in when you make your profile. My WS myspace (one I use to look for crime-related profiles) shows I live in Beverly Hills! hee hee

:D :laugh:

Yes. LE confirmed that much in the brief presser yesterday. I will be curious as to what info is released in the presser today. In the process to get the news out quickly, the media makes mistakes.

I haven't read all the new posts today. When is the PC today? Sorry to be a pain. I missed much of it last night as my house was wall to wall baseball playoffs. lol

imoo

Oh I have no doubt wrongful death lawsuits will be filed against the police department.

What is scary is this guy had a supplied gun to do his madness and was to protect and serve the public...not kill them.

This motive is old as time both with men and women that have murdered because of jealousy. However it is extremely rare that the perp goes on a killing spree and kills everyone there just because they were there.

Give a loaded gun to a guy that is infuriated over the loss of his girlfriend and the ending is going to be horrendous.

Why he killed them all is just so hard to understand. But I never understand the mindset of killers.

imoo

They claimed that one person was treated & released at the hospital. With there being so many at the pizza party / I wish one of them would of been able to kick him where it counted.

They said TP was downtown earlier & stated he was going home. Just can't imagine what ticked him off to fly into a rage that severe......

I had a busy weekend and didn't hear about this until this morning. How sad. It amazes me that stuff like this happens. Those poor kids. :(

I'm going to have to echo a lot of you guys - why was a 20yo given this badge? I've been speaking with a gun nut friend of mine, who is amazingly responsible and has been shooting guns since he was very young, and he said LE officers don't have to go through the same processes to get a gun as citizens. Which, I guess, is understandable in most cases, but not this one.

For a 20yo to be allowed to bypass many regulations and requirements involved with being allowed to carry a handgun just because he was appointed to an LE position...that's not good. His age should have been a huge factor - I might be wrong, but I wouldn't be comfortable with anyone in their mid to early 20s carrying a gun just because their jobs say they can. I want to be assured that they're getting as much training and clearance as the average citizen, if not more.

I'm going to have to echo a lot of you guys - why was a 20yo given this badge? I've been speaking with a gun nut friend of mine, who is amazingly responsible and has been shooting guns since he was very young, and he said LE officers don't have to go through the same processes to get a gun as citizens. Which, I guess, is understandable in most cases, but not this one.

For a 20yo to be allowed to bypass many regulations and requirements involved with being allowed to carry a handgun just because he was appointed to an LE position...that's not good. His age should have been a huge factor - I might be wrong, but I wouldn't be comfortable with anyone in their mid to early 20s carrying a gun just because their jobs say they can. I want to be assured that they're getting as much training and clearance as the average citizen, if not more.

Fox just had a reporter on the scene and he said a Pastor that knew Tyler Peterson well, said that TP had just completed SWAT TEAM training. So he had to be an excellent shooter.

Those poor young people never stood a chance.

imoo

Fox just had a reporter on the scene and he said a Pastor that knew Tyler Peterson well, said that TP had just completed SWAT TEAM training. So he had to be an excellent shooter.

imoo

Wow, that's awful. While there have been instances in the past that have made me believe SWAT team members haven't received the best training, it's definitely better than what typical LE and "normal" citizens have. What poor kids...

imoo

I also heard that he had went to the house earlier & got into a fight with his Ex girlfriend......he left & came back with his guns shooting everyone.

This just gets me so angry. Even if you think you are protecting your children from danger, you just never know what one of their friends or acquaintances might do.

This has to be so difficult for all the families. I wonder if his family will make a statement?

Your so correct Taximom.....
I am so glad I have my kids all raised. With my Grandkids getting to be a age where they want to psend time with friends you just never know when you could get a phone call & your life can be changed forever.

These kids were just at friends house, not bothering a soul. All gunned down for no reason! To think a Swat Team member could / would do this is unthinkable.

art.stahl.jpg

One of the victims of Sunday's shooting was 14-year-old Lindsey Stahl, her mother said.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/10/08/wisconsin.victims.ap/index.html

did the 7th victim die? I just saw a headline "7 shot dead..."
Oh never mind ... they were counting the shooter as one of the dead :doh:

Apprently he had someone held hostage when he was shot. I wonder who that poor person was?

Now the press conference has been moved to 1pm CST.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back