Your very first impression of this case

My first response was "how could she" then I stopped myself and tried to keep an open mind. I still try and think openly but everytime I do..another lie surfaces. This is one of the toughest cases for me to think openly about but a part of my mind still tries.

My first impression was Caylee Anthony had been killed by her mother Casey and that Cindy Anthony was somehow involved in covering it up.

Since then I have tried to convince myself Cindy Anthony is another one of Casey's victims but I can't quite manage it; there is something wrong there. I won't go into detail and offer up my .02 here though.

That's my first impression of this case.

Honestly? I can't recall my first impression.

Except...I didn't believe she was actually kidnapped. I remember that.

My first response was "how could she" then I stopped myself and tried to keep an open mind. I still try and think openly but everytime I do..another lie surfaces. This is one of the toughest cases for me to think openly about but a part of my mind still tries.

ditto

My first impression was that it was starting to look too "McCann-ish"... only thing missing was Cuddlecat and some obscure drawing of some faceless egg-headed stranger as being the suspect. Then George did show up one time holding a stuffed animal in an interview, if I recall correctly, and I was like "this is bunk... next comes the call out for big money." It took me a few days to finally get the bigger picture that it wasn't a setup, and that the grandmother wasn't involved (hearing the 911 calls, Cindy's voice spoke volumes and took away any thought that I held, that she was probably involved in Caylee's disappearance)
Now: I think Casey has done something to that child and that her parents are innocent bystanders trying hard to make sense of it all, but making some HUGE stumble as they try to deal. Thank goodness they finally went quiet and got a spokesperson. They should have sought one out from the get-go.

I know what you mean. The party pictures from 6/20 were the final straw for me to possibly think she didn't do permanent harm to her little girl, intentionally. MOO

I first learned about this case watching the news, when it was just reported that Caylee was missing in Orlando and her mother hadn't reported her missing for 31 days. I immediately thought of Aarone Thompson (sp?) and Trenton Duckett and came here to WS to get the latest information. I immediately thought the mother had killed her or knew who killed her. I haven't seen anything to change my mind about that. In fact, every thing I've seen only supports it.

Pretty much, the same here...only I saw a news headline.

I didn't get into the story, because some cases really take their toll on me. Especially, crimes against babies and toddlers...they are innocent, dependent and have no defenses. However, when I learned the 'mother' was still playing games, I couldn't avoid it any longer. I didn't and still don't feel Caylee is with us and her 'mother' is responsible. Obviously, I'm hoping that's not the case...would LOVE to be wrong.

My first post!
In the beginning, I honestly believed based on Casey's demeanor that she killed Caylee intentionally, not accidently. I have three children and I would NEVER be so nonchalant about them missing for even an hour much less for over a month? I start to get upset if they are even 10 minutes late coming home from their curfew. I still cannot get over the fact that Caylee was missing for over 30+ days and NO ONE, not even her grandparents who saw her often reported her missing! Because it has been so long with no signs of Caylee coupled with the behavior of Lee, Casey's brother, I don't think the outcome of this case is going to be happy at all.

My first impression was "deja vu". This case almost immediately struck me as similar to the Scott Peterson case. At first it was just a more-or-less intuitive feeling that Casey and Scott Peterson were a lot alike.

* Casey's contention that a kidnapper was at fault (same as Scott P.)
* Casey's narcissistic responses on initial taped calls ("all they care about is Caylee"), Scott's self-concern from the beginning.
* The lies that began to surface (Scott said he was in Paris, Casey said she had a job).
* Facts explained away (decomp smell in Casey's car, Scott's cement blocks).
* Casey seeming jealous of her mother's "cameo appearances" on TV shows, Scott going on TV early on.
* Basically, in both cases, things being said that just don't "fit", that make my truth antenna go haywire!
* Scott selling Laci's vehicle, Casey partying so soon (both moving on while things unresolved).

Also, my very first thought when the 31 days was mentioned was "who keeps such close track in a case like this?" I would have understood if they said, "It has been a month" or about a month. That 31-day statement still bothers me -- as though someone was counting day-by-day, like crossing the days off on a calendar.:waitasec:

Excellent post! I also thought it was weird to state "31 days"...

My first impression of the case, when I saw Casey walking into the room with the light blue hooded sweatshirt when she was arrested, was that she looked way too calm and cavelier (hope that's the right word here) to have had her two year old missing for a month, and that there had to be a rational explanation for it (of course this is trying to rationalize something very irrational). And then she seemed to crack a smile (I thought it might have been that she saw all the reporters and cameras there). It all reminded me of that case where a woman who's little son had just been murdered was filmed shortly thereafter laughing and shooting off silly string on his gravesite to celebrate his birthday. Just listen to the way Casey talked to her own mother (obviously before realizing it was all being taped) in that jailhouse conversation and that is the true Casey. It's so hard to fathom, but history shows mothers do kill their own children. Oh, man, not another one.

My first impression was neutral until I heard the 9-1-1 tapes and the tapes released from Casey's first day in jail. But I have to admit, though, that I have suspected Casey's involvement from day one, hard as I might try to wait for all of the evidence.

After learning she had been missing for 31 days (add me to the list of people who has always thought that is significant) and witnessing the lack of any concern for Caylee from Casey in her phone calls, there has been no doubt in my mind that she is responsible. I still believe it today.

I had a ton of questions, however, and went looking for answers on the internet, which led me here for the first time.

When I first heard about it, I also heard the info that she'd been missing for 31 days and not reported.

So my immediate thought was the mother did it.

Same with the McCanns, same with Susan Smith and Melinda Duckett. I have to say I gave Scott Peterson the benefit of the doubt for a while. I also gave the Ramseys the benefit of the doubt for a while. Mark Hacking was another story...I figured he did it. But by then I was Scotted out so that may have colored my opinion.

I heard about Nicole Simpson on the radio in my car. First impression: after beating her for years, OJ finally killed her.

Laci Peterson's story was on my TV on Chistmas night. First Impression: Scott did it; no woman I know would suggest that her husband take a tiny boat, 80 miles away and go fishing on Christmas Eve.

Caylee; I read the first news story on the Web. First Impression: Mom had something to do with the fact she was missing and it wasn't going to end well.
Before the news picked up Caylee's story and made it huge, what did you think happened based on what little was known right away?

First impression? That Caylee's mom had done something horrible to her little girl. Now with everything i'm almost 100% certain Caylee is no longer with us.

I heard about Nicole Simpson on the radio in my car. First impression: after beating her for years, OJ finally killed her.

Laci Peterson's story was on my TV on Chistmas night. First Impression: Scott did it; no woman I know would suggest that her husband take a tiny boat, 80 miles away and go fishing on Christmas Eve.

Caylee; I read the first news story on the Web. First Impression: Mom had something to do with the fact she was missing and it wasn't going to end well.

DITTO - and you can add to that the Susan Smith case - when I saw that woman on TV crying for like her first interview, I thought to myself, OMG, that woman is faking it big time with her "i want my babies back". I had her pegged from the beginning.

I remember my first impression.... I was reading about the case on Fox News... I told my husband... "that woman is hiding her child to protect her from someone".

My hubby laughed at me!

This case reminds me of Trenton Duckett, Jon Benet Ramsey, Natalie Holloway & Maddie in that it has generated strong emotions and there is the possibility it may never be solved.

Back when I followed Trenton's case and read the headlines, LE Believes Trenton is Alive etc., I believed them. I hoped.

That was before I started following Websleuth's current crime thread avidly. I am constantly shocked by the cruelties inflicted upon the innocent.

Still, Casey's attitude and dumb alibi stand out.

My greatest fear is that a good PR person, proper media management, good lawyering, a pretty face and the title of "mom" will prevent justice from prevailing.

How can you not know where you left your baby, or with whom...in stunning detail!?

How can you not know where you left your baby, or with whom...in stunning detail!?

If Casey is a blackout drunk, I guess I can buy that she could lose track of her baby....

what's the most disturbing is that even when her friends asked her to her face where Caylee was... she showed NO SIGN that anything was wrong & she just simply lied.

Sick. And there's no believable excuse why an innocent person would even be able to do this.

The first time I saw Casey walk into that courtroom I thought, "I've seen that look before." That was just how my sister's husband carried himself. After I saw several videos of Cindy defending her daughter I thought, "I've known a parent like that." Even after the judge said, "Life with no chance of parole" his parents were still trying to convince everyone he was a good person and shouldn't be in prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back