AL - Angel Downs, 45, fatally shot, Gulf Shores, 9 May 2010

Wasn't using the badge a breach of his oath of office?

Wasn't Nodine impersonating an officer - a Class C misdemeanor. (By flashing his badge)

NODINE also installed a portable Sho-Me emergency strobe light kit for the dashboard. A work order for installation of the equipment at a cost of a couple of hundred dollars was issued along with the maintenance and a tire repair. His county-issued Ford F-150 was in the garage for servicing and tire repairs after a misadventure in New Orleans.

ALA CODE § 13A-10-10 : Alabama Code - Section 13A-10-10: IMPERSONATING PUBLIC SERVANT (a) A person commits the crime of impersonating a public servant if he falsely pretends to be a public servant and does any act in that capacity. (b) It is no defense to a prosecution under this section that the office the actor pretended to hold did not in fact exist. (c) Impersonating a public servant is a Class C misdemeanor. (Acts 1977, No. 607, p. 812, §4545.)

Wasn't Nodine obstructing justice by means of independent, unlawful interference and intimidation, i.e., NODINE did intentionally obstruct, impair and hinder the fair and just administration of law by denying complainant due process and equal protection of the law through the use of intimidation and threats of violence.

Ala. Stat. § 13A-10-2. Obstructing Governmental Operations. (a) A person commits the crime of obstructing governmental operations if, by means of intimidation, physical force or interference or by any other independently unlawful act, he: (1) Intentionally obstructs, impairs or hinders the administration of law or other governmental function. (c) Obstructing governmental operations is a Class A misdemeanor. Alabama Constitution (1901), Article I, Section 6, Article I, Section 13; U.S. Constitution, Fifth Amendment, Fourteenth Amendment; Alabama Canons of Judicial Ethics, Canon 3(A)(1), Canon 3(A)(4)

Didn't Nodine violate his duty to support the U.S. and Alabama Constitutions by denying complainant’s unalienable rights to fundamental fairness? Fifth Amendment; Fourteenth Amendment; Alabama Constitution (1901), Article I, Section 6; Alabama Canons of Judicial Ethics, Canon 3(C)(1), (a)

Ala. Stat. § 13A-10-124. Tampering with a witness. (a) A person commits the crime of tampering with a witness if he attempts to induce a witness or a person he believes will be called as a witness in any official proceeding to: (2) Absent himself from any official proceeding to which he has been legally summoned. (b) Tampering with a witness is a Class B misdemeanor.

Ala. Stat. § 13A-10-123. Intimidating a Witness. (a) A person commits the crime of intimidating a witness if he attempts, by use of a threat directed to a witness or a person he believes will be called as a witness in any official proceedings, to: (2) Induce that person to avoid legal process summoning him to testify; or (3) Induce that person to absent himself from an official proceeding to which he has been legally summoned. (c) Intimidating a witness is a Class C felony.

Wasn't he violating Angel's Sixth Amendment rights and AL Constitution (1901) Article I, Section 6 & 7? As well as the other people he intimidated?

U. S. Constitution, Sixth Amendment. And NODINE failed to inform complainant of any law allegedly violated and the source of authority thereof, and the nature and cause of the accusation, in violation of –

Alabama Constitution (1901), Article I, Section 6, Article I, Section 7

U. S. Constitution, Sixth Amendment

Failed to determine if complainant had received a copy of the charges against him as required by law, or if he had read said charges, or if he understood said charges in the absence of counsel, in-violation of –

Alabama Rules of Criminal Procedure, Rule 14.2(a)(2)

Federal Laws
18 U.S.C. § 242. Deprivation of rights under color of law.
“Whoever, under color of any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom, willfully subjects any person in any State. . . to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States. . . shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both. . .”

42 U.S.C. § 1983. Civil action for deprivation of rights.
“Every person who, under color of any statute, ordinance, regulation, custom, or usage, of any State. . . subjects, or causes to be subjected, any citizen of the United States or other person within the jurisdiction thereof to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured by the Constitution and laws, shall be liable to the party injured in an action at law, suit in equity, or other proper proceeding for redress. . .”

Journalist Kevin Lee will be giving an update on the Steve Nodine Case on The Dana Pretzer Show Weds 7/07/2010. A Podcast will be available for download. Kevin's segment is about half way through show.

Click Link

Anyone else hear about the birthday bash suppose to happen at Lyman's last night for Steve?? (It was a gas station rumor.) With an open bar - although stated Steve wouldn't be drinking.

Nodine also had a FB page for a few days last week. His sister (Laura Coffey) has his son and has pics posted. (I thought he was with wife's family in GA?) You can see she commented on Steve's FB Status after July 6th. Something about baking him a cake with toenail shavings in it. Steve's witty comeback was something like - he didn't need the nail file anymore now that he's out of jail.

Rumor also has it Nodine is advertising on Match.com under Beach47M (looking for new victim). Things happen and he needs to move on.

He also shows up on Whitepages (Lyman's house) you can email him.

He's such a dufus! Knizley just can't keep him under control. LOL

Rumor is he's been emailing and texting friends and sunning himself on the porch and is very bored staying at the haunted Victorian mansion. Waiting for Casper to visit. (What makes him think it'll be a friendly ghost?)

"Living in Midtown Disturbia"

This is my latest post at the Time's Up Blog on the Steve Nodine murder case of Angel Downs. I raise questions about the house arrest and possible special treatment being given to "Stealth Steve".

Please read, comment, share and repost. Thank you.

My latest post on the Steve Nodine Saga entitled "The Accused Lady Killer - “I know what you are - you’re nothing but a Womanizer.”

Please above click on link to read, share and comment.

Join us Mon 7/26/2010 8PM CST 9PM EST on Blog Talk Radio Show Intimate Partner Homicide Investigation with hosts Sheryl McCollum, MS, Director of the Cold Case Investigative Research Institute and Susan Murphy-Milano Violence Expert and Author - you may listen online, call in or podcast show. There is a live chat also.

Angel's family will be on.

WARNING: Your Cell Phone or Internet May Be Hazardous to Your Health. Accused murder suspect Stephen Nodine knows how to manipulate women, the media and the system.

DivShare File - landshark.mov

Be sure to tune in TONIGHT and join Sheryl McCollum, Susan Murphy Milano, and Holly Hughes as they welcome family members of Angel Downs and Justice Activist, Cherry Simpson to expose the facts about the accused murderer of Angel Downs.

What the heck is going on in Mobile? I'm sure we will find out!

Listen live at the link and register to participate in the interactive chat room!

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/susanm...ate-partner-homicide-investigation-debuts-hos

Good point! When we remember high profile cases, we often remember the names of the defendant. How many of Ted Bundy's victims names do we remember, for example???

We need to talk about Angel as a person and make her REAL!!!

Employees found drugs in his truck and reported it to the police.

Figures he was on drugs. :furious:

That info can be excused at "prior bad acts". Of course. :banghead:

The prosecutor has to get approval from the court ahead of time to allow prior bad acts and those acts must be parallel to the current court case.

YES! Where are the men who are speaking up and saying they aren't going to take this anymore? (Listening to the show and kinda talking to myself. LOL)

YES! Where are the men who are speaking up and saying they aren't going to take this anymore? (Listening to the show and kinda talking to myself. LOL)

Kimster! Great play by play! What a powerful show this was! I think the main premise is the fact that this show is trying to make these victims real in the minds of the public.

The comment about remembering the victims names of Bundy, Ramirez and other horrendous killers is so true because they are so quickly out of the headline and the killers bask in the attention they are given.

We must never forget that those who die at the hands of an abuser were a mother/father or someone's child.

I hope others will listen to the podcast and catch the fire! Susan, Sheryl and Holly are fantastic!

Here is the link....listen anytime, but please, listen!
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/susanmu...ion-debuts-hos

Me too! And it was a GREAT show! And I'm going to make a POINT of naming the VICTIMS of the cases and not the perps anymore! :snooty:

I learned something big! And the rest of the show was just as powerful! :grouphug: I can't wait for our WS members to start riding this wave!!!

-696037d6f07d2ddb_large.jpg

View full size (Press-Register/John David Mercer) Mobile County Commissioner Stephen Nodine surrenders himself outside the Baldwin County Jail Monday night May 24, 2010 in Bay Minette, Ala. An attorney for Nodine has asked for a delay in his federal firearms case.<!-- --><!-- -->
Published: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 8:04 PM 8:04 PM

Brendan Kirby, Press-Register
Clipped for length:

U.S. Magistrate Judge Sonja Bivins earlier this month agreed to delay the gun case a month and set it for trial in September, but would not wait for the murder case to be resolved.

Gordon Armstrong, Nodine's lawyer in the gun case, asked U.S. District Judge Ginny Granade to overturn Bivins' ruling.

Federal prosecutors have said they plan to hold Nodine accountable for the homicide at sentencing if they win conviction on the gun charge. That would likely mean he'd be sentenced to the maximum 10-year prison term.

If Nodine is forced to defend the gun charge first, Armstrong wrote, "the defendant will effectively be deprived of the option to testify or present a proper defense" because "any evidence he introduces can be used against him in the state proceeding."

Armstrong also wrote that the current trial schedule would make it impossible for his client to consider a plea bargain because any admission of guilt to the gun charge could be used against him in the murder trial.

"Further, a trial and conviction on the federal gun charge prior to the trial of his murder case will generate additional publicity, as has been clearly demonstrated by the inordinate and prejudicial coverage of defendant's arrest" and other proceedings, Armstrong wrote.

Prosecutors cite the Speedy Trial Act, which they contend prohibits an indefinite delay of a federal trial.

"It is not uncommon for a defendant charged in two jurisdictions to be required to make difficult choices, and such circumstances do not offend any particular rights of any such defendant," Assistant U.S. Attorney Gloria Bedwell wrote in response to Armstrong's original argument to the magistrate judge.

http://modmobilian.com/tag/nodine/

ModBlog: What the Deal with Robyn Goodall Is – Domestic Violence Is NOT an Excuse Posted on 11 August 2010 by Valso

clipped for length:

Mod Mobilian may come under question (or worse) for publishing the communications of the assumed identity Robyn Goodall with the person portraying themselves on Facebook as Stephen Nodine – so we thought an explanation is in order.

The writer behind Robyn Goodall makes no excuses for the fact that she goes after suspected perpetrators of domestic violence.

http://www.wkrg.com/alabama/article/facebook-fan-page-for-angel-downs/912460/Aug-10-2010_7-18-pm/
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://media.wkrg.com/news/video_external/facebook-fan-page-for-angel-downs/912460/"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"></param><embed src="http://media.wkrg.com/news/video_external/facebook-fan-page-for-angel-downs/912460/" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" allowNetworking="all" width="425" height="344" ></embed></object><br><a href="http://www.wkrg.com/" title="Alabama Mobile News">WKRG.com News</a>

Message for Nodine from Admin Author/Advocate Susan Murphy-Milano

http://murphymilanojournal.blogspot.com/2010/08/justice-for-angel-downs-and-committment.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back