FL - NW FL Authorities seek help identifying daycare

This poor little one. We can only pray right now she is safe.

However, the camera was for multi use. The living room set up and the day care set up may be completely seperate. It looks that way. So who owned the camera? Day Care workers OR family of the poor child?

Of course I know this isn't CSI or anything, but can't they zoom in on writing on something somewhere? I guess not or they would have.

The photo of the little kids singing or whatever they are doing I am not sure it's Christmas. Only one child has on anything Christmas related. No matter the socio economic background I'd think that the kids would at least have on a button or something Christmas like. Then again a kid in the picture has a red sweatshirt.

The article states point blank sexual abuse, and possibly it's family abuse. Throw in family in transition and again we have to pray.

What, no parent or daycare worker has come forward to say theirs is one of the SEVERAL children in that Christmas program photo? Whenever my children's preschool had a special performance like that, I and at least one or two other relatives would always attend...although like someone else said, they're not all in holiday garb so maybe it was a rehearsal or something else. Still, I can readily identify either of my children even with their faces blurred! Come on, Florida parents!

Also, I had a 1999 Sony Mavica - it was one of the first generation models. Comparing this one's looks and features to mine, I'd agree this is around a 2005 model. I'm sure the police have already verified that through serial numbers, as well. 2006 as the year these acts happened is a good guess, but like many cameras, when you change the battery you often have to re-set the date and time so often the date/time stamps are off. I really hope they piece this together and get this child to safety!

I think this is home daycare too. I just dont get the feeling this is a facility somewhere. Someone would have recognized it by now I would think. Who knows how old those photos are? arent there some sort of a time stamp?

The police department website shows a stock photo of a Sony Mavica MVC-FD90, made and sold in 2000. This was replaced in 2001 by the almost-identical MVC-FD92 model. The last floppy-disk based Sony camera was the MVC-FD200, made in 2002. And that was the end of floppy-disk based digital cameras.

The news story that says it's a 2005 camera is a reporter error.

Sources:
Code:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mavica
https://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/select-system.pl?PRODTYPE=39&NAVDISP=di

I thought it seemed obvious that this was a home-run daycare because of the sofa picture. What am I missing?

And I'm wondering why there is such focus on one particular dress ... I haven't read anything that states that is the child in question? Am I missing a link?

LadyL, I was confused as well... I think the picture with the group of children and the picture of the changing table are assumed to be from a daycare, and the pictures of the couch and the swivel chair are from the home of the unidentified little girl? I think that's where the "family in transition" issue came up, due to the boxes behind the sofa at the home maybe being an indicator of the family moving?

I think it's interesting that it's very obvious there was some photo editing in the chair and sofa pictures - wonder why they couldn't/wouldn't just blur out faces like in the group photo? I don't even want my mind to go there, actually....

As far as the dress goes, I found some information that the trademarks for Keneth Too and KT Kids were registered to Outrco, Inc. There's some conflicting information on a few different trademark search sites, but best I can tell, KT Kids trademark was registered in 1998 out of Delaware and abandoned in 2007. I think all this does for us is help establish that this dress would have been produced during this time period in question. Seems like a brand that had nationwide distribution at one point but is no longer commonly available except through thrift stores, Ebay, Etsy, etc.

http://www.trademarkia.com/company-outrco-inc-914264-page-1-2

I think it was a good thought to sleuth it out and see if it was from a local boutique, but may be another dead end.... Talk about needles in a haystack, this poor girl! :sick:

Have any of you thought that perhaps this camera just happened to end up in this thrift store when someone moved TO the area? This could be from ANYWHERE... Colorado, Oregon, California, New Jersey etc! If locals have not identified the pictures yet, I'd say that chances are likely the abuse occurred somewhere far, far away from Pensacola. :( This story needs some national attention.

why dont they just release the pictures of the child? That would be more helpful I think. I know its scary, but a parent deserves to know.

Have any of you thought that perhaps this camera just happened to end up in this thrift store when someone moved TO the area? This could be from ANYWHERE... Colorado, Oregon, California, New Jersey etc! If locals have not identified the pictures yet, I'd say that chances are likely the abuse occurred somewhere far, far away from Pensacola. :( This story needs some national attention.

Yes, I think that is very likely. It is also likely that the owner of the camera could have just been visiting the area, and doesn't even live here.

Alot of new information about this case in this interview on CNN. Unfortunately, this is a transcript, and I do not have the original video interveiw.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1103/31/ijvm.01.html

But for example, apparently the little girl was drugged:

"When you see this little girl, you know, getting ready for church in her house, smiling, and you see her singing in this little play that they have. And then the next picture you click through is this little girl drugged, undressed, put in compromising positions. I mean, this little girl, she`s completely out of it in these pictures that were taken. And we can`t show you because of the graphic nature, but it was just so disturbing to see.

There wasn`t actually any inappropriate touching in the pictures. But she was completely drugged when these pictures were taken. "

Also "We have taken fingerprints off the camera, DNA off the camera"

Are the police sure that this is what they think it is? If there was no inappropriate touching, all we know is that they have photos of the little girl completely out of it, and apparently posed inappropriately...

I don't mean to sound like I might be excusing anyone, because I'm not, but we used to take tons of photos and videos of my son when we were looking for a diagnosis for him. We took photos of the look he would get during a petite mal seizure (which could have been compared to the way he would look drugged). We took lots of photos after my middle son had an MRI while he was all drugged out, and I"m sure if people were looking for it, some of them might seem odd or suspicious. It wasn't to us because we knew the context. It just makes me wonder if the pictures weren't taken for documentation of a physical or behavioral disorder. In the pictures posted on the first page, with the office chair, you can see the outline of the little girl, and while she may be nude (hard to tell) all she appears to be doing is leaning on the chair...that doesn't seem all that provocative to me, and it doesn't seem like she is too drugged, since she is clearly standing under her own power. Even if she is posed or touching herself in the other photos where she is blurred out better, it could still be documentation of a condition.

I'm just wondering, since they have had no luck tracking the child down, and it seems that no one came forward. it might seem disturbing, but sometimes even disturbing things become a lot less incriminating when the context is understood.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back