09-17-2011 Topaz Mountain Search Yields Charred Wood and Decomp

If that charred wood had any value, I doubt she would be holding it out in her bare hand like that. MOO.

*sigh*

What are these investigators thinking??

My heart breaks for about the 1000th time for Susan's loved ones. :(

This is so heartbreaking, now I understand how her family must feel. Was so hoping they would find something to lead them to Susan. I feel for her Dad flying all the way there. What comforts me is that LE clearly are not going to let this case goo unsolved.

Now that I look again, is it possible the fibrous stuff we see is simply miniscule roots that have attached themselves to the objects?

I think it looks like blades of grass. The grass in the area is brown or yellow.

Good pic of the hole, wood pieces, ashes:

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

Very strange way of digging. I thought it was going to look leveled. Still gives me a weird feeling looking at the pic.

Very strange way of digging. I thought it was going to look leveled. Still gives me a weird feeling looking at the pic.

I thought everything was going to be bagged and tagged - not spread all over the place like that.

That looks more like a scene where they *know* they didn't have a darn thing.

*sigh*

What are these investigators thinking??

My heart breaks for about the 1000th time for Susan's loved ones. :(

I highly, highly doubt they deliberately tainted evidence. These investigators are much smarter than that.

We do not know everything they know and we're not going to until they disclose it.

It's too bad that rental car company wasn't more on the ball with the latest news and could have alerted police that Josh had just rented one of their cars. Lori Hacking's murder was put together quickly when the mattress store called the police to tell them Mark had come in and purchased a mattress -- and needed it "to go". If the rental car company had done the same thing, they could have pieced this one together faster, too. Not that Josh would have confessed, but they still would have a lot more evidence than they do now.

The neighbor, Petersen, followed him to take the car back, I believe. I'm thinking it was Kiirsi's husband who took him to get the rental car; there is a video of jp getting in the car with him. Why didn't these people alert the police about the rental?

Missed opportunities.

The neighbor, Petersen, followed him to take the car back, I believe. I'm thinking it was Kiirsi's husband who took him to get the rental car; there is a video of jp getting in the car with him. Why didn't these people alert the police about the rental?

Missed opportunities.

I think it is very probable that they did. Remember, the detectives aren't going to tell the public every single thing. There is so much we don't know in this case, and while frustrating, it is necessary.

If I was Powell, after they searched my house and found what they needed to know to search Topaz Mntn, I would have gotten the body out of there immediately. I'd set it up just like a camping trip with the boys. I would have camped at a place that I could dig a new grave at, very casual, non-rushed, full camp set-up, smores, etc. This location would be on the way to Topaz Mntn, at least an hour away, perhaps much more. Frankly, the farther the better. However, I also would not want to drive with a dead body in the van for very long, so that narrows the likely locations down.

Then, I'd finish the drive to Topaz, dig up the body, and drive away. I would arrive back at the camp site I was at before, put the remains in the grave, and then cover it with dirt. Then get out of there and head home.

Then I would **** my pants when they found the old grave and be in a high state of paranoia as to what is going to happen next.

I'll tell you Powell. You're going down. Game over.

If they are still searching this area that tells me that they indeed knew JP vehicle stopped at that area and only that area, well maybe besides a gas station.

This is probably the location he camped at and where Susan was, JP probably this past August went out there camped, dug up Susan, and disposed of her elsewhere in the area because JP didn't stop any place else. That is what I'm think LE is thinking.

It is frustrating but we don't know what LE knows. For instance it could be that he stopped in that area and bought a quanity of fuel. That would certainly explain why LE was excited over the site they found, even though all they have reported finding was "charred wood."

Question of the day:

Does 'indicated' + 'reacted to' = 'alerted on'?

No.
And... here comes yet another bad analogy from Oriah!!

-'Indicated' (in SAR dog speak- translated to human, lol) is like waving my hand at you to go away when I'm on the phone in my office.

(Dog is thinking "huh. hmm. What's that scent?")

-'Reacted to' is like you didn't get my message the first time, so I more forcefully tapped my hand on the desk and perhaps mouthed, "I'm on the phone!"

(Dog is thinking "Wait, I think I know what scent that is after all...")

-'Alerting on' means I have slammed down the phone because you won't go away, and am waiting to hear what your urgent need is, lol.

(Dog is thinking "Yep, I know exactly what that scent is now, and when I smell that I am supposed to remain sitting, laying, barking etc until you tell me otherwise.")

Very different stages of communication. Does that make any sense?

I highly, highly doubt they deliberately tainted evidence. These investigators are much smarter than that.

We do not know everything they know and we're not going to until they disclose it.

Oh, I don't think any investigators deliberately tainted evidence. I think they are very invested in finding Susan- and I am so glad they are.

I just think this SAR K9 and media situation is a bit of a disaster. :(

I'm curious about camping in these areas. Can you just drive your car off the road and camp where ever you'd like? No specific camping zones?
I have not been there for years but when I was there
to get to the actual mountain where the crystals are there is a long, long
road. People ususally pull off the road and camp. There were not camp
sites there... but people still camped there.
Closer to the actual mountain there are a few "camp spots" but I don't think
there is any real camping zones.
The road to get to the mountain is really bumpy ... however I have been
there in a mini van, and my sister has driven her car there.

IMO looking at the pictures where they found the "charred wood" it was
off of the long, long road on the way to the mountain.

It has been reported that they are actually searching by the mountain today.

Sorry if any of this has been answered already...

I agree, it is maddening. But I've been to Puyallup, there are thousands of places JP could get rid of evidence there. Why travel all the way to Utah?

I think the August camping trip was more likely the P's thumbing their nose at LE. They were pizzed that their home was searched and SP's "embarrassing" private journals, among other things, were taken.

If Susan was moved, I think it happened long ago, MOO.

It's quite possible IMO but one reason to travel to Utah would be because that's where Susan disappeared. If someone found whatever he was hiding, evidence in Utah would be easier to blame on somebody else ("oh no, she must have been abducted, that's what the abductor used blah blah"). If something was found in Puyallup it would point straight at him because what are the odds that a stranger abductor would get rid of evidence far away where JP lives?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back