Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #8 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so afraid this case is going to grow cold. I can feel it in my bones.

Praying for a miracle and a big break in the case and I hope they can find Sierra.

IMO

I'm feeling the same way, I hope and hope they find something today. You can sort of feel the momentum fading, both with investigators and searchers as well as here. We are starting to spin in circles with nothing new to go on.

Praying for something today

Although I have toyed with the idea that she might have cut class, she wouldn't have had to bring her books along. She leaves after her mom and mom's BF ... and I'm thinking she gets home before them as well. IMO, her having the books suggests she was on her way to school.

LOL.. sorry.. I just repeated your same thought...

Praying for a miracle and a big break in the case and I hope they can find Sierra.

IMO

I hope they are just waiting till they find Sierras body to lay the charges.... They must have leads that sent them looking out of Morgan Hill.. That article alone tells us that LE is looking for a body. IMO.

Are the mom and BF cleared?? I thought LE said NO ONE is cleared.

IIRC: the first articles were printing that they were cleared, then something must have changed within the investigation...as the LE came out to the media and said NO one is clear..

I am wondering if we are supposed to pretend they are in the clear and not involve them in out thoughts about this case? The last spoken word of the LE is that they are NOT in the clear and no one is...

This is one of the strangest cases I have ever kept up with.

Media Officers Cardoza and Lt. Smith get their information from the lead detective who is actually working the case and then they relay that information on and Sheriff Smith has to okay its release to the media.

When she starts contradicting her own media officers it is very very puzzling since that is what they are paid to do and the information is passed by her first before the Media Officers can release it to the media.

You cant unring a bell. The media and everyone else that has kept up with this case knows what her officers have released to the media and they have said that neither THREE adults are involved in the disappearance of Sierra.

There is nothing showing they are even investigating these three anymore after they came out and said they were not involved and their alibis have been verified. The FBI firmly believes Sierra has been kidnapped by an aquaintance or a complete stranger and none of these three would fall in that category.

I dont know why all of a sudden Smith is wanting her own officers to look like they dont know what they are talking about when these officers release nothing they have learned from the lead investigator unless Sheriff 'blesses' it first.

I really wonder if she really listens that well when her Media Officers updates her on the case?

IMO

IIRC: the first articles were printing that they were cleared, then something must have changed within the investigation...as the LE came out to the media and said NO one is clear..

I am wondering if we are supposed to pretend they are in the clear and not involve them in out thoughts about this case? The last spoken word of the LE is that they are NOT in the clear and no one is...

In all honesty how can they clear anyone?
first off LE has to be sure everything they were told is the truth
Mom left at 6 and her BF left before her.
Mom says she last saw her around 6 everything goes by what mom says
that is the last time A living sierra was seen if you believe mom!
Did LE find something amiss.
Maybe not!
Maybe!
A neighbor? did any neighbors have kids home from college on break or have visitors?
Do any neighbors have ppl comming and going from their homes that time of morning carpooling etc?

Who knows!
So sad ppl can just drop off the face of the earth!

tdy-120320-sierra-lamar-2p.grid-5x2.jpg

Sierra LaMar, 15, has been missing since Friday, March 16. She left home early that morning to walk to her bus stop for school. Her cell phone was found along a local roadway shortly after, and her purse/bag was also found later.
Facebook page - www.facebook.com/help.find.sierra

The parents and the mother's boyfriend have been cleared. Sleuthing them and speculating about their involvement is off limits.
No arguing, and be respectful of other posters. One opinion is no more valuable than another, and we're each entitled to our own.
Posting links to Twitter accounts and FB pages of individuals other than the victim (and suspect if one is eventually named) is against the rules. Keep in mind that many of Sierra's friends are minors.

Quote:
Social Networks
...social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim).

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Case Map (Thanks, Wondergirl!)
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...934,0.030041&z=14&source=embed&mid=1332261677

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
bumping up opening post (re: parents being cleared) b and bbm

I hope they are just waiting till they find Sierras body to lay the charges.... They must have leads that sent them looking out of Morgan Hill.. That article alone tells us that LE is looking for a body. IMO.

I really dont think they do. They will hope they can find her body so that there may be evidence pointing to a particular suspect.

They dont even know for sure that it is an aquaintance or a complete stranger and that was said in the media just last Friday.

They are stumped imo. The only hope they have is either finding her body or the chance that the perp left something of himself on her clothing and items tossed away.

If they come up empty .........this case will grow cold and remain unsolved just like a lot of missing cases that wind up that way, imo.

IMO

Media Officers Cardoza and Lt. Smith get their information from the lead detective who is actually working the case and then they relay that information on and Sheriff Smith has to okay its release to the media.

When she starts contradicting her own media officers it is very very puzzling since that is what they are paid to do and the information is passed by her first before the Media Officers can release it to the media.

You cant unring a bell. The media and everyone else that has kept up with this case knows what her officers have released to the media and they have said that neither THREE adults are involved in the disappearance of Sierra.

There is nothing showing they are even investigating these three anymore after they came out and said they were not involved and their alibis have been verified. The FBI firmly believes Sierra has been kidnapped by an aquaintance or a complete stranger and none of these three would fall in that category.

I dont know why all of a sudden Smith is wanting her own officers to look like they dont know what they are talking about when these officers release nothing they have learned from the lead investigator unless Sheriff 'blesses' it first.

I really wonder if she really listens that well when her Media Officers updates her on the case?

IMO

Has it ever crossed your mind that they are doing this on purpose!

I posted about the Shauna Newell case in the last thread, or even previous to the last thread. I think that parents and their teenagers should all study this case. At the time of her abduction, Shauna was a beautiful young teen, living the everyday life of a typical American teenager, and, had a very loving family when she was abducted. I would be willing to bet that she and her mom are being consulted on this case. I believe that Shauna talks to school groups to help teenagers understand the ruses these perps use. A must read, must view account, IMO. Mark Klaas is featured prominently as helping with this case.

I have not heard that the girl or her "pretend" pimp father have ever been caught. Nor has the person in TX who alledgedly paid $300,000. for her.

The Sierra case for me, has all of the earmarks of the Shauna case.

Where are the perps., the teen, the fake father, the person who paid the money, the "clients."?

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/27098...ts-horror-abduction-sex-slavery/#.TyYajyO_78A

With law enforcement unwilling to act, Brant and Newell’s siblings started their own search. They were fortunate in that Brad Dennis, an investigator for KlaasKids, was based in the area because the Florida Panhandle is an epicenter of human trafficking.

By sheer luck, one search party stopped at a convenience store for something to drink, and Newell’s 14-year-old brother spotted his sister in the back seat of another car that had stopped at the same store. She was rescued, but her abductors managed to flee.

After three days of being raped and beaten and drugged, Newell was dirty, bloody, bruised and barely alive. She was airlifted to a hospital and had to be resuscitated twice. In addition to her serious injuries, she had been infected with an STD.

Newell said that her captor told her she had been sold on the Internet for $300,000 to a man in Texas. Fortunately, she was rescued before delivery could be made.

omg concentric :eek: what a horrible case! Brad Dennis was talking about human trafficking with Tricia last night on the radio show... esp about backpage

In all honesty how can they clear anyone?
first off LE has to be sure everything they were told is the truth
Mom left at 6 and her BF left before her.
Mom says she last saw her around 6 everything goes by what mom says
that is the last time A living sierra was seen if you believe mom!
Did LE find something amiss.
Maybe not!
Maybe!
A neighbor? did any neighbors have kids home from college on break or have visitors?
Do any neighbors have ppl comming and going from their homes that time of morning carpooling etc?

Who knows!
So sad ppl can just drop off the face of the earth!

All three of them have been cleared!

Sheriff Smith needs to listen more closely to what her own officers have already released.

IMO

Hi Wendy,

I think it is SOP in most cases to not "clear" anyone until the victim is found or someone confesses. That said, the OP from the mods in this thread states:

The parents and the mother's boyfriend have been cleared. Sleuthing them and speculating about their involvement is off limits.

GILROY, Calif. -
In the search for Sierra Lamar, Santa Clara County Sheriff's deputies are pulling out of Morgan Hill and going to Gilroy and San Martin, where they think her body may have been dumped or hidden.
:(

http://www.ksbw.com/news/central-ca...roy/-/5738906/10222166/-/kir3svz/-/index.html

This must mean LE has a lot more information than we think they have. Who lives in Gilroy?

This article is a week old. I live locally and have been a searches with Klaas foundation and have not heard anything that resulted from this particular search. IMO

IMO: If Sierra was going to skip school, her books would be at home. Why bother taking them. No one was home when she left & no one would be home when she returned from skipping the day.. I think it was written somewhere that mom leaves at 6am and the BF leaves around the same time... I assume both of them work past 3:30-4 when school is out..
I think the books were a plant. Planted to make LE believe that she had intentions of going to school and got kidnapped.
Altho I thought we had info that Marlene said she would usually contact Sierra around the time school got out...IF that's true, I'm not sure why our only info (since Marlene saw her at 6am-ish) is that Marlene got the email from the school a few hours after school got out. Perhaps the info about whether Marlene attempted to contact Sierra (or vice versa) that afternoon is being withheld? IDK.

I don't think we have had any info released about Rick's work schedule or patterns (or if they are irregular).

I'm feeling the same way, I hope and hope they find something today. You can sort of feel the momentum fading, both with investigators and searchers as well as here. We are starting to spin in circles with nothing new to go on.

Praying for something today

I'm not sure I agree...yet.

There's no indication that the community of Morgan Hill is giving up on their search for Sierra LaMar.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Sierra-LaMar-Search-Continues-146977125.html

There are organized searches today, Saturday, and Sunday. I have seen other articles stating that the family and KlaasKids are not going to give up their search anytime soon. I don't think the case is cold quite yet.

IMO
I guess FBI does not think Terri HOrman last saw Kyron then. Does this mean she is or was not involved?

Kyron Richard Horman has been missing from Skyline Elementary School in Portland, Oregon, since June 4, 2010. He was last seen that morning after attending a science fair at the school
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/kyron-richard-horman

IMO: The status of people being cleared changed after some evidence came in...

IMO

Soooo many cases have been going cold! I can't even count them all!! It makes me sick and I really hope this doesn't turn into one of them.

What if she was going to call mom and tell mom she was going to stay over a gf's house? It was a friday. thus a change of clothes!

Exactly what I thought. Again it was Friday she may have been cutting school and just took her books with her to make it official. I used to cut school a lot and I would take my books in case I got stopped by the police I would say I was on my home cuz I was sick or left school early etc. I took my books..if she was planning to sleep over her friends house or stay overnight where she was cutting she would call her mom and tell her later..taking her books made sense either way.

That's fair. I am just in fear of it heading that direction

I am too. I do have more confidence in this LE so far than I have in other cases, though (i.e., Hailey Dunn, Holly Bobo, Joshua Davis).

Of course this case may go cold, but I feel as if there is more organization and communication so far with Sierra's case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member