WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #20

I wonder why TS isn’t being called for the prosecution. Her boyfriend came out and said that she called him the night of Mackenzie’s disappearance and told him to pray for her because something really bad had happened. Is his statement going to be used? What about the supposed pics and video of TS laying next to the spot of CW’s carpet that is thought to be MC’s blood? If those do exist, why wouldn’t they be used? Seems to me someone that made a statement like that to her boyfriend and them appeared in those pics would definitely fit somewhere in this trial. Am I the only one who thinks that at the very least TS knew what happened to MC, or even possibly helped cover it up? I’ve just never been convinced of her complete innocence.

the blood was hers correct? am I misremembering? if it's hers, it's a slam-dunk IMO

I wonder if one of the motions the defence won was to keep TS's statements to her boyfriend out of the trial ...

I want to see the witness lists

the blood was hers correct? am I misremembering? if it's hers, it's a slam-dunk IMO

I wonder if one of the motions the defence won was to keep TS's statements to her boyfriend out of the trial ...

I want to see the witness lists

thanks for the link, it answers my questions above:

Police have said Cowell was killed in the apartment and that stain is Cowell’s blood, matched directly to her DNA.

Jurors in the murder trial of Christopher Scott Wilson may view a video file shot inside his former apartment, hear the criminal history of a defense witness, and hear pieces of four recorded phone calls Wilson made from jail.

Chelan County Superior Court Judge John Bridges ruled largely in favor of the prosecution Tuesday in pretrial motions over evidence. Among other motions, Chelan County Prosecutor Gary Riesen won permission to show the iPhone video, taken by Wilson’s friend Tessa Schuyleman, showing the interior of the apartment where police say Wilson murdered Mackenzie Cowell in 2010.

The jury may also see photos of Schuyleman, accused of abetting Wilson after the murder but never charged, which authorities say were taken by Wilson and show her posing as a corpse in the apartment, either on or very near a carpet stain purportedly left by Cowell’s blood.
http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2012/may/22/prosecutor-motions-admitted-for-wilsons-trial/

Lawyers, judge view video taken of Christopher Wilson's apartment by Tessa Schuyleman. #WilsonTrial
9:24 AM - 22 May 12via TweetDeck ·

Judge admits iPhone video taken inside Wilson's apartment: Can be shown to jury for value of viewing alleged murder scene. #WilsonTrial
9:37 AM - 22 May 12via TweetDeck ·

Judge allows photos of Wilson's friend Schuyleman, who prosecutors say is shown lying in the manner of Mackenzie Cowell's body. #WilsonTrial
9:45 AM - 22 May 12via TweetDeck ·

Attorneys spar over recorded phone calls by Wilson from jail. Prosecution says they show "guilty knowledge" of Cowell's murder. #WilsonTrial
10:14 AM - 22 May 12via TweetDeck ·

Pretrial motions: 22 jurors from pool of 73 to be excused from hearing #WilsonTrial for too much prior knowledge of Mackenzie Cowell case.
11:13 AM - 22 May 12via TweetDeck ·

John Henry Browne worries in court re: change of venue if jury selection fails. #WilsonTrial
11:24 AM - 22 May 12via TweetDeck ·

Browne: "I'm for the first time in my long career very concerned that we may not be able to do this case here ..." #WilsonTrial (cont.)
11:29 AM - 22 May 12via TweetDeck ·

Browne: "... but I trust jurors when they say, 'I can be fair despite this.'" Judge Bridges: 2nd jury pool may be called today. #WilsonTrial
11:32 AM - 22 May 12via TweetDeck ·

Ongoing #WilsonTrial coverage at our portal: http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/wilsontrial/
11:54 AM - 22 May 12via web ·

#WilsonTrial Defense attorney Browne presents judge with "boilerplate change of venue motion." "When we need it, we'll file it," he says.
1:32 PM - 22 May 12via TweetDeck ·

4 more jurors excused from hearing #WilsonTrial, for a total of 26 out of 73-person pool of candidates.
3:03 PM - 22 May 12via TweetDeck ·

Judge Bridges to summon second pool of 80 more potential jurors for #WilsonTrial. Selection to continue thru Wednesday.
3:15 PM - 22 May 12via TweetDeck ·

Need for more jurors would push opening statements from planned Wednesday start to at least Thursday. #WilsonTrial
3:16 PM - 22 May 12via TweetDeck ·

From today's Wenatchee World article:

John Henry Browne, Wilson’s primary lawyer in the Mackenzie Cowell murder case, told Bridges he’d written a motion to move the trial to another county based on too much media saturation of potential jurors.

“If and when we need it, we’ll file it,” Browne said.

He buttressed the draft motion with a 3-inch-thick binder of printed Wenatchee World articles and online comments, which lay on the judge’s dais throughout the afternoon jury selection.

“I’m for the first time in my long career very concerned that we may not be able to do this case here,” he told Bridges. “... But I trust jurors when they say, ‘I can be fair despite this.’”

We're doing jury selection right now. But AFAIK there wont be a live stream for the trial. :maddening:

Thank you for posting up to the minutes articles and and news and tweets! This trial has been a LONG time coming and I believer that justice will be served.

Someone please educate me. If he wants a plea deal does he have to tell what happened with Mac? For me that has always been the burning question WHY?!?
:banghead:

:jail:

livestream, although I get the idea this is already all a done deal and court is adjourned and all off for a long weekend and somebody forgot to shut off the camera and lights.

Or else the "official" plea in front of judge is sort of imminent (before 5pm PDT?).

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/wilsontrial/video/

OK, tweet from approx 3:08pm PDT says court may convene within 1/2 hour. No sound as yet, which I guess is the hold up?

14.25 years in prison and fines.
Still wonder WHY...same as Mac's brother.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back