LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a poster here, who posted last night, who said both white trucks pictured by the Circle K are the same (contrary to what's being said here, now). He said he is in graphics and software at a professional level and took the photos apart. What's your opinion on the two photos going in opposite directions?

I read that. Those look like Pre 2007* to me Chevy/GMC. Those models are much more similar looking versus the newer Chevy/GMC models. That truck also appears to be lowered(so probably 2wd) and have chrome rims.

*The asterik for 2007 is because the new body style began in 2007 there was also some of the older body style sold as 2007's and badged as Silverado classics. Classics because that body style had been around since 1988 with minor differences from year to year. So as far as that goes the ruled out truck could have been one of several years as it appears to be customized.

Saw on FB - Shunick family has hired a P.I. --- Individuals with information pertaining to the case are encouraged to contact Mr. John Abdella at 337-235-0270 in along with the police tip line.

yeah, he's been working on the case since day one

In a perfectly rational world, I'd agree with all of your points. As a woman who has felt she was being followed before, and has ridden a bike at night, I feel it's possible that Mickey could have had a slight inkling, a little feeling as she passed Circle K that someone was following her, but convinced herself that the driver did not have evil intentions. Also, she may have felt she was quick and smart enough to "lose" whoever was tailing her. As we sit and look at these pics of her we feel fear and dread, but when you're in that situation yourself and all is well with the world you just don't believe anything bad could ever happen.

Or, given that she's an attractive woman, maybe having untoward attention directed at her became background noise. A minor irritation, not a physical threat.

If every other vehicle has some scrub hanging out the window cat calling, yet another one may have gone unnoticed.

This is more like finding a specific needle in a pile of needles.

What is this Svengali-like hold that white trucks have over the men of Lafayette that makes them think of purchasing nothing else but these white trucks? They aren't attractive in any way. The vast majority have never carried more than a potted plant in the bed, gone more off road than a gravel parking lot, or ever hauled anything.

You both cracked me up - I needed that!

This is probably a stupid question... I am NOT a bike rider, but as a child I was ALWAYS told to ride FACING traffic. However on busy roads I always see adult bikers riding in the same direction. Can anyone explain? AND why no helmet? 4 miles... at 2am... helmets don't stop abductions tho!!!
Something is just "off" with this case IMO.

@Notlaw

As per the forum rules, we're not allowed to sleuth anything or anyone that hasn't been presented to us...which Im sorry to say isn't very much. So no matter how you slice it, people are going to be talking about the same things over and over until new evidence is brought forth.

They didn't say anyone came forward. They said they 'tracked them down'. I could see that for the Olds98 but a white truck with no visible plate? How'd they do THAT?

Your right.

They must have additional footage/photos.

This is probably a stupid question... I am NOT a bike rider, but as a child I was ALWAYS told to ride FACING traffic. However on busy roads I always see adult bikers riding in the same direction. Can anyone explain? AND why no helmet? 4 miles... at 2am... helmets don't stop abductions tho!!!

Laws say you have to ride with traffic nowadays...don't ask me why. But no idea why no helmet-at least she might have been mistaken for a man if she had a helmet on :(

Again, humbly, I'm wondering where I can find two things:

1. Address of last sighting of Mickey
2. Mickey's known path + projected path.

I'm sorry, I don't know where to look, but I figure some of you do..

I've been working hard on the car -now I'd like to work on her path... and try to figure where something may have happened IF the truck was following her by purpose or chance - by trying to guess the speeds of bike and truck

In the eary days I believe it was said she would of travelled from Ryan Street down west congress street to her home. I am not sure of her exact street name.

Today I saw this Map posted on one of the news facebook pages which may be handy for reference. http://goo.gl/maps/FWsE

In Louisiana, it's against the law to bike against traffic. And on sidewalks.

I will share this little tidbit. I confirmed with the security company who installed the camera at the Law office on St. Landry that it records in real time with no lag or sporadic framerates (according to them). Meaning, if Mickey or the truck passed it they will be on the camera. Also, LPD is currently reviewing more footage from the camera

Ahh... thanks for the tidbit. I've got my fingers crossed then that they've found something important and are working on it.

I think it varies by state, maybe even municipality.

In PA, bicyclists ride with traffic.

Where was it that we heard reports of a scream?

I asked about that (disturbance) on the chat...but never got an answer. I also asked on here for the locals or voluntary searchers if they had heard anymore about it. Especially the vincinity. In BW's neighborhood...or elsewhere.

Dude! Now I even more firmly believe its a Dodge ram. The side by side you posted is by far a better match than the z71. Maybe a different yr than the one you put beside it but still matches A LOT BETTER than the Z71!

Please post it here so that other people will give their opinions because it is really really close.....

I think it varies by state, maybe even municipality.

In PA, bicyclists ride with traffic.

I am pretty sure in TX (or at least my city), you ride against traffic. That is what I see people doing and what I was told way, way back when I was in elementary school.

:banghead:

I really realllllly wish people would just take the time to read fully before asking the same old questions, and yes I aware how long it takes. I left home around 1pm and got back at 3:30 and it took me til 5:30 to catch up. But, I'd rather do that and know everything that's going on, than ask something stupid that's been answered multiple times. And the people who do it sometimes even say "Oh, I'm sure this has already been asked, but..." YES! It's been asked and answered, asked again and answered yet again, and on and on and on.

If, at the 13th thead you are still wondering why they can't just ping her phone and go get her today, or want to talk about ghostly figures in pics of this truck and that truck, puh-LEASE go back and R-E-A-D first.

That is all.

LOL, you're right, that's why earlier, I said that when you know where you've left off on posts, go to the end pages where we are, go back a couple pages, and go forward, you'll catch up better that way, and also know what's been asked already and probably answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb