LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone say whether the ONE truck is dwfinately without a doubt a z71?

They had the wrong type of car at first. Got the right one and it panned out. So IF they have the wrong make and model of the truck that dwfinately hurts progress here.

I keep saying the truck looks like a Dodge ram quad cab. IS ANYONE REALLY WILLING TO BETMONEY THAT IT IS NOT?

I will. Look at the pictures that were posted recently(can't remember who now, since I'm getting long in the tooth)same truck no doubt.

You don't conduct yourself by partaking in threaded discussions? A Mickey subforum would allow a thread just for figuring out the white truck pics, and another thread just for organizing searches, and another just for postulating theories, etc etc. This would increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the "sleuthing" done here tenfold.

The never-ending linear thread is a chatbox-style discussion. Nothing is organized or separated into subtopics. So yes, let's do everything possible and one way is for the mod to make a Mickey subforum.

You are excused :)

A subforum cannot be created for every single person that goes missing. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but that seems to be for cases that go on for a very long time or include multiple victims.

LOL, you're right, that's why earlier, I said that when you know where you've left off on posts, go to the end pages where we are, go back a couple pages, and go forward, you'll catch up better that way, and also know what's been asked already and probably answered.

I start at last and read back before I ask. Unless I'm severely pressed for time and am willing to risk being obnoxious. That happens now and again.

Hi everyone. I'm new here. I have a theory and I apologize if it's already bee n mentioned here. What if it's whoever picked up that other girl and he pulls along side mickey to inquire about sex and she maces him but not enough to make him unable to drive. Then, she peddles away but out of anger or desperation or both, he clips the back of her bike and takes her. Sorry if it's poorly typed or worded. I'm on my phone at work.

Dude! Now I even more firmly believe its a Dodge ram. The side by side you posted is by far a better match than the z71. Maybe a different yr than the one you put beside it but still matches A LOT BETTER than the Z71!

Please post it here so that other people will give their opinions because it is really really close.....

It's close, but the lights and grill are off. If you stare long enough, you can convince yourself its a Dodge Ram. But that's your mind playing tricks on you. Its pretty obviously a Chevy.

But nice work on the comparison *thumbs up*

Because the goal of a gazillion threads is within our reach in our lifetimes!

Sorry, my head exploded toward the last of thread #12.

It is a decision taken on my part as a matter of easier organization and assimilation of the myriad ideas put forth by many posters to keep threads in the 500-600 post range.
Respectfully, and very gently...keep in mind that you can't see me smiling friendly, helpful vibes. :) <<< me

IMO and experience, it causes more frequent disruption in the flow of convos on a plethora of sub-topics (so, many many convos get disrupted more often). It makes it MUCH harder and time-consuming to search (have to individually search multiple threads, or the whole forum, instead of using the thread search function within a particular thread). It makes it MUCH more time-consuming to quote posts from the last previous thread, and many posters don't even know how to do that.

Lastly, it is so incredibly frustrating to have the new thread open while the old thread is open for more than a few minutes...leaving 2 "versions" open...posters are "left behind" and posting away on the previous thread...and posts get missed when posters don't realize the prev thread wasn't quickly locked. Please, please, please don't unlock the new thread (making it available to be posted into by anyone) without closing the previous one fairly quickly.

These concerns are irrelevant in non-sleuthing threads (the non-crime threads), IMO. For sleuthing threads, JMO, it is crucial to make it as easy as possible to communicate. Having shorter threads just feels like putting unnecessary roadblocks into the flow of communication.

And all these concerns are exacerbated exponentially when there are many, many posts within a short timeframe (popular, "high profile" cases).

JMO but I prefer that Mickey has her own forum (even tho there are drawbacks to that approach, as well). If Mickey can't have her own forum, then please let her threads have 750-1,000 posts (like most "high profile" cases here).

All of this is just my opinion, which is based upon my experience here at WS and other large forums.

Just a gentle suggestion: perhaps the opening post of the new thread could be prepared/updated and locked until the previous thread can be closed in a timely manner. Those 3 final actions (post link to new thread, close/lock old thread, unlock new thread) could then be done by any mod who becomes available whenever.

:hug:

I'm afraid to check back for the tomatoes...but they go good in salad. ;)

I asked about that (disturbance) on the chat...but never got an answer. I also asked on here for the locals or voluntary searchers if they had heard anymore about it. Especially the vincinity. In BW's neighborhood...or elsewhere.

I read that post a looong while back. It was by the old Toyota buidling..that is no longer there. Geesh...hope I'm not being speculative without being local..trying follow the rules....

I will. Look at the pictures that were posted recently(can't remember who now, since I'm getting long in the tooth)same truck no doubt.

Look at this! [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7985681&postcount=133"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012: #13[/ame]

Truck's a lot faster than a bike. If she veered left to cross St. Landry, entered Brashear, but hadn't fully gotten over to the right after crossing St. Landry, the truck could have swooped left - drunk - and plastered her.

Would there have been anyone to hear/see, in the first half-block of Brashear?

There are houses and an apt complex. They might have heard. There are people that live on Brashear with 4 door white trucks. I've seen them parked on either side of Brashear right at the intersection with St. Landry, on either side.

I'm not absolutely certain, but my sense is that folks involved in operating and organizing this site do so on a volunteer basis.

If you're willing to volunteer some time, I'm sure they'd be willing to listen to your ideas for changes you'd like to implement.

Absolutely. Mods, PM me. I will set you up.

In a perfectly rational world, I'd agree with all of your points. As a woman who has felt she was being followed before, and has ridden a bike at night, I feel it's possible that Mickey could have had a slight inkling, a little feeling as she passed Circle K that someone was following her, but convinced herself that the driver did not have evil intentions. Also, she may have felt she was quick and smart enough to "lose" whoever was tailing her. As we sit and look at these pics of her we feel fear and dread, but when you're in that situation yourself and all is well with the world you just don't believe anything bad could ever happen.

Brettly has said several times that "Mickey had what it took to bike at night."

This is probably a stupid question... I am NOT a bike rider, but as a child I was ALWAYS told to ride FACING traffic. However on busy roads I always see adult bikers riding in the same direction. Can anyone explain? AND why no helmet? 4 miles... at 2am... helmets don't stop abductions tho!!!
Something is just "off" with this case IMO.
You're suppose to ride w/the traffic & wear a helmet... That's the law according to my LE hubby (35+ yrs in LE)...he won't even let me skate w/o "proper gear"

Originally Posted by BayouBecky
From what I understand, the white truck taking a left on University (pointing opposite from the direction MS went) and the shot of the white truck heading NW on University (in front of the graveyard) are the same truck. The police cleared this one truck.
I guess this is what is confusing me because the truck turning left onto University from St. Landry does not look like it has a bed cover to me:waitasec: It looks just like the truck that was going down St. Landry in MS's direction.

Try looking up these cases that we here at websleuths are working on, and have been working on before Mickey went missing.

Isabel Celis
Holly Bobo
Lauren Spierer
Sierra LaMar
Lisa Irwin
Kelli Bordeaux

What's your point? What does this have to do with not making a subforum to facilitate having discussions that can actually be followed?

Subforums are not a limited resource that must be rationed. They are an abstract organizational concept to enable threads/subtopics for having sane, coherent discussions.

A subforum cannot be created for every single person that goes missing. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but that seems to be for cases that go on for a very long time or include multiple victims.
I've always wondered how a case qualifies for a subforum. :waitasec: Just a little WS funfact I guess :)

Hi twiggy and Angree Cajon, and welcome to WS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288