CANADA CANADA - 83 Missing & Murdered women of Edmonton, Alberta

Does anyone remember that AMW reenactment of a suspected killer who used the term "Sweet Home Alabama"?
The actor who portrayed the killer ,parroted those words with just the right inflection, the perp was recognized and apprehended.
Well the "ab-so-lutely" hopefully will have the same effect in this case.
Although the perp is probably from western Canada,the way he said that word would not sound out of place imo. coming from a suburban/semi rural raised, Ontarian working in a supervisory blue-collerish role. I see what SillyBilly means about not being"rough-hewn", because he did not respond with a curse word,but that could be due to religous reasons.
These days, it seems to be the very well educated or comfy middle class who swear, as a sort of reverse snobbery ( "I know the rules so well, I can break em', or I am socially secure enough that I can afford to look cheap" type attitude.)
Hope they catch that son-of-a-gun.

Amber did seem to be trying hard to alert caller to her dangerous situation. I got the chills when thinking of her saying " Are you kidding me?" because it is so close to sounding like the word "killing", and when the potential perp says " gravel," it of course, is one letter from the word "grave".

"son-of-a-gun"

???

C'mon dotr ... you can use the stronger term cuz youz got more class than that ;);)

So, i have some questions.

When the UM says "just", does anyone else get the feeling that he's just ramping up, as in starting to get po'd and finding it a bit hard to keep it level? Maybe as in "just shut the hell up" or something.

Also, do the voices of both Amber and the UM sound strained, as if they are talking louder to talk over something? I'm thinking the forensic audio guys filtered out all the extraneous sound that might have been on the original recording in order to concentrate on the voices. That could nix my earlier thought that of "no big-rig sound therefore not a trucker".

So here's my next somewhat convoluted question. Is it possible that the UM's voice is not normally that strained, gruff and somewhat nasal sounding? Could he normally be known as somewhat smooth and soft-spoken under different circumstances? Example, when i talk normally, i might be considered just this side of soft-spoken; if i have to raise my voice over surrounding noise however, i might not be considered as soft-spoken and folks who didn't know me might consider me a loud-mouth (or whatever).

When we hear/read Amber say the words "over ... " and "... now", I get a pretty distinct impression that she would have been demanding that he "pull over ... let me out right now". I can't quite fit his response "... gravel" into that, but this is when the phone disconnects. Seems he lost it when she ordered him what to do !!

He sounded VERY angry to me, just barely able to control it, I had the horrible, horrible feeling of what was coming in the next few seconds... I think you (S.B) may be right about his voice possibly sounding smoother and softer in ' normal" circumstances. Seems to me, that when angry , the voice goes higher, drier and tighter - Sometimes I think that if one really wants to know if someone is being truthful or not, you have to listen to the voice alone, because a face can be "taught to lie" and we can be fooled by seemingly earnest looking eye contact.

Some ramblings, jmo.
I am guessing that big rig trucks might be too noisy to filter out all the different frequencies of changing gears ect. and driving on gravel too tricky.Maybe heating, a/c or brakes kicked in, or a plane was flying overhead.The voices may have sounded raised because Amber knew at that point she was going the wrong way and he responded (angrily) to questioning of his "authority", ( in his mind she was either tricky or dumb). one way or another, he was working up the justification for doing whatever he may have felt she deserved - and once turned off a main road and onto the gravel road, maybe he felt free to release the demons he must have initially hidden...
A wife or girlfriend would recognize a soft, smooth talking guy's buildup and voice change when angered..

Hoping Amber managed to get some scratches on the perps' face...maybe someone remembers August 18 2010
link includes 2 videos with map of area.
http://www.edmontonsun.com/2012/09/...nvestigation-into-amber-alyssa-tuccaros-death

“She wouldn’t take no from anybody and she’d fight her way out of anything. Whatever happened to her, I figure that somebody surprised her or tazed her or something to knock her out,” he said. “Because she had a kid and she’d fight to do anything to get back home.”

Hoping Amber managed to get some scratches on the perps' face...maybe someone remembers August 18 2010
link includes 2 videos with map of area.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2012/09/...nvestigation-into-amber-alyssa-tuccaros-death
<rsbm>

Thanks dotr, but I don't know why they included a photo of THAT map in the article. That aerial view map with Tim Tamiguchi relates to the search in Henrietta Muir Park in Edmonton proper that was conducted a year or so ago wrt a tip on the missing women (no specific victim name was given that i recall).

Amber's remains were not found in the City of Edmonton. The general area 12 km east of Leduc where she was found is surrounded by rural fields, farms, ranchland around Range Road 241 and Hwy 623 (IMO, NOT Hwy 263 as the Edmonton Journal reported ... unless it is also known by that number for some weird reason ... arghhh).

I think this guy knows the area really well. When he was on Hwy 623 and said "50th St", it would not have been called 50th St at that point ... it would have still been called Range Road 242 (which only becomes 50th St when driving closer into Beaumont further north).

IF he is the perp (and at this point, he's the only possible perp we've got), he actually drove past Range Road 242 to arrive at Range Road 241 where Amber's remains were found.

For those not from the area, Township (TWP) roads run east and west, and Range Roads (RR) run north and south. Range roads are 1 mile apart, so Amber was found approx 1 mile east after their conversation about 50th St.

PS: I'm not from the area either, but have been looking at maps of Alberta for so many years now in these cases, i think i could walk them in my sleep.

Could there be a connection to Laura Furlan's murder in Calgary?

http://www.calgarysun.com/2012/09/08/calgary-cops-make-arrest-in-laura-furlan-homicide-case

Police have cracked a three-year-old cold case, making an arrest in the death of Laura Furlan, the Sun has learned.

A day after a Sun story was published asking for the public to help police solve the mystery of what happened to the 38-year-old, sources say a man was taken into custody Friday night facing a homicide charge.

Christopher Dunlop, also 38, was charged with manslaughter and causing an indignity to a human body.

Furlan was reported missing by family on Aug. 31, 2009. Police believe the accused and Furlan met prior to her disappearance on Aug. 24 when she was last heard from

Police say the accused &#8212; who is employed full-time and has a family &#8212; has been a suspect since very early in the investigation. This week, however, police received fresh information that led them to issue a call for assistance from the public. On Friday, they asked for anyone with information about an orange Dodge truck that Furlan was believed to have been riding in the night of her death to come forward

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/C...lling+police/7212301/story.html#ixzz264Yqr1p0

Thinking about (some) city workers who deal with the public all day and hate it, they get as snarky and snarly as can be,but stop short of swearing.
You know, the impatient bus driver, utilities inspector, hardware store manager - all with some power in their own domain, but ask too many questions, or the right ones - and you can almost see the steam rising.

Hoping that LE are getting some good tips in this case, seeing Amber's Mom in the press conference video was enough to break a heart in two.

I realize that my posts may come too frequently and hope- that on quieter threads such as this one, no one minds too much- let me know if it is tooo much, thanks.

One reason for posting this one, is because victim was on cell phone just as she was attacked.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/wanted-recherches/un-non/suspect-sa-as-eng.htm

" On July 12, 2009, at approximately 3:00 a.m., a woman in her mid 20's was walking alone and talking on her cellular phone on Squirrel Street in Banff, Alberta. She was approached from behind by a male who tapped her on the shoulder. The male smashed her cell phone and suddenly threw her to the ground and sexually assaulted her. She screamed and fought back, scratching at the male&#8217;s face and gouging his eyes. He punched her four times in the face and head before running away"

"The suspect is described as follows in 2009;
&#8226;A white, stocky to &#8220;dumpy&#8221; build man, with possible facial injuries because the woman managed to poke her attacker in the eyes and scratch his face during the struggle.
&#8226;About 23 to 28 years old;
&#8226;Measuring approximately 5' 7";
&#8226;Short crew-cut style hair with a receding hairline"

I realize that my posts may come too frequently and hope- that on quieter threads such as this one, no one minds too much- let me know if it is tooo much, thanks.

One reason for posting this one, is because victim was on cell phone just as she was attacked.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/wanted-recherches/un-non/suspect-sa-as-eng.htm

" On July 12, 2009, at approximately 3:00 a.m., a woman in her mid 20's was walking alone and talking on her cellular phone on Squirrel Street in Banff, Alberta. She was approached from behind by a male who tapped her on the shoulder. The male smashed her cell phone and suddenly threw her to the ground and sexually assaulted her. She screamed and fought back, scratching at the male’s face and gouging his eyes. He punched her four times in the face and head before running away"

"The suspect is described as follows in 2009;
•A white, stocky to “dumpy” build man, with possible facial injuries because the woman managed to poke her attacker in the eyes and scratch his face during the struggle.
•About 23 to 28 years old;
•Measuring approximately 5' 7";
•Short crew-cut style hair with a receding hairline"

Don't apologize dotr ... never too many posts, and just glad to see you are interested and contributing.

Thanks for the above info on the above case. Hope they can catch this creep, and good for the victim that she managed to do some damage to the slimeball.

Although there are many, many more missing/murdered women in the Edmonton area, the following 8 victims are those that have been linked by RCMP Project KARE in their search for the Edmonton serial killer. Amber Tuccaro's body was found roughly in the same area east of Leduc, where Edna Bernard and Katie Ballantyne are indicated on the following map.

Tomorrow I will upload the infomation I have available on the following 8 victims:

KAREBodyRecoveryLocationMap.jpg

Would the women be more inclined to get into a vehicle with a certain type/looking man than another, or to anyone who stopped?

Would the women be more inclined to get into a vehicle with a certain type/looking man than another, or to anyone who stopped?

All 8 victims were street workers and addicted to cocaine/crack. IMO, they would not likely be deterred by physical appearance, whether the perp was a john, a stranger, or a drug dealer.

I find it interesting that the first 3 vics are noted to have been addicted to cocaine, and the last 5 victims are noted to have been addicted to crack (the cheaper form of cocaine due to fillers).

year/month/day

19890927 Bernadette Ahenakew
20020922 Edna Bernard
20021104 Debbie Lake
20021124 Monique Pitre
20030106 Melissa Munch
20030427 Katie Ballantyne
20040624 Rachel Quinney
20050410 Charlene Gauld

Members online

Online statistics

Members online