NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those questioning Steven's family, you may find this enlightening:

http://mormon.org/faq/life-after-death/

Try to keep in mind also that since Steven has been missing, they have lost their patriarch and the driving force in the search for Steven. Maybe they've had enough?

Who knows if they have had enough. I know the LDS church calls the man of the house a "patriarch" but plenty of LDS women are strong and would carry on with family business if their patriarch died. Of course, I do not know the dynamics of the Koecher house and don't care to know.

Question: Why was the dad the driving force in the search for Steven? I must have missed something. I am guessing that if the family has had enough of the speculation/search, it is because they find comfort in their faith and the belief that Steven is in a better place and since they are sealed to him, they will all meet up in the Celestial Kingdom.

JMHO, Just thought I would take a look at Steven's thread and see if there was anything new that had been reported. I think that speculation/conspiracy theories can get out of hand, but I get the impression all the Koecher family wants is comfort. I think some theories might be useful, but IMHO, if all they want is comfort/supporting comments, maybe all of the Websleuthers are wasting their time thinking about this case????

The thing that I find most disconcerting is that I am not sure that LE has completely checked out a person very close to SK that has a criminal history. SK owed money to his LL, and it makes the most sense if Steven was trying to find a way to pay his rent.

From his family, friends, ward members, and those that actually knew Steven, I think it is a VERY long shot that he was gay and wanted out of the LDS faith. I know that this theory is one that needs to be discussed, but I find this one to be very hard to believe. I am LDS, and I do know those that have wanted out of our faith, but this case doesn't really sit like that with me. The signs for wanting out of the faith are just not there in Steven's case. JMHO

I wish that LE had taken his disappearance with more Umph in the beginning. I think that critical time passed; and I still doubt that a thorough investigation has happened. I really hate the fact that LE seems to take the disappearance of young men less seriously than beautiful young girls. I think there is every chance that young men can meet with foul play too.

I still hope that answers come one day, but I will be honest in saying that any answers may not ever come. We need a truly gifted and tenacious investigator to break this case IMHO.

Sorry, I did not mean to cause the family any distress. I truly was just trying to help.

I am sorry I missed this JS-this was not directed at you. This was directed at the subject. As Fairy stated, the theory was concocted by the Powell's. I would think that the comforter with Susan's blood on it in Josh's storage unit might put this completely to rest even if the fact that LE debunked it hasnt.

I am sorry I missed this JS-this was not directed at you. This was directed at the subject. As Fairy stated, the theory was concocted by the Powell's. I would think that the comforter with Susan's blood on it in Josh's storage unit might put this completely to rest even if the fact that LE debunked it hasnt.

I wanted to comment on the article that you have posted to your signature, about psychics. I have always thought psychics were bogus and a waste of time and mostly money. I am sure that there have been psychics that come out of the woodwork. I once spoke with a man who said he was a psychologist but was supposedly a psychic and wanted to read my palm, which I quickly told him to take a hike. The amazing Randy has debunked every single one of these people. The way that crimes are solved are good old fashion gumshoe work. That's not to say that we as humans may not have some extra sensory perception, such as intuition. But I think that psychics are con men and women and are bogus. I have heard that the Koechers have been bothered by these idiots.

Kelly

I wanted to comment on the article that you have posted to your signature, about psychics. I have always thought psychics were bogus and a waste of time and mostly money. I am sure that there have been psychics that come out of the woodwork. I once spoke with a man who said he was a psychologist but was supposedly a psychic and wanted to read my palm, which I quickly told him to take a hike. The amazing Randy has debunked every single one of these people. The way that crimes are solved are good old fashion gumshoe work. That's not to say that we as humans may not have some extra sensory perception, such as intuition. But I think that psychics are con men and women and are bogus. I have heard that the Koechers have been bothered by these idiots.

Kelly
Oh snap! what does this have to do with anything??? :waitasec:

Kelly

LOL, Kelly. You and I-shoulder to shoulder....I love it.

Dont get me started on Gail St John who just took the Haley Dunn folks for a ride. :(

Oh snap! what does this have to do with anything??? :waitasec:

Because I have heard that the Koechers have been inundated with these predators. Like I mentioned I think that we may all have some extra sensory perception, such as everyone has experienced when they have been thinking of someone whom they have not seen in years and then all of a sudden you run into them. Perhaps that is some extra sensory perception, I don't know, but that is a far cry from these jackasses who prey on people who are going through hell like the Koechers have.

I remember many years ago I was invited to some spiritual group and the man who was leading the meeting said, "If you feel the warmth right now that is because the Spirit is moving through the room as I speak." Yeah I felt the warmth alright, because we were in the middle of a record breaking heatwave and the room was probably about 115 degrees with no air conditioning. My friend and I began laughing our heads off and we finally got up and walked out. That is the mind set of people who "offer their services" to people like the Koechers.

Kelly

Because I have heard that the Koechers have been inundated with these predators. Like I mentioned I think that we may all have some extra sensory perception, such as everyone has experienced when they have been thinking of someone whom they have not seen in years and then all of a sudden you run into them. Perhaps that is some extra sensory perception, I don't know, but that is a far cry from these jackasses who prey on people who are going through hell like the Koechers have.

I remember many years ago I was invited to some spiritual group and the man who was leading the meeting said, "If you feel the warmth right now that is because the Spirit is moving through the room as I speak." Yeah I felt the warmth alright, because we were in the middle of a record breaking heatwave and the room was probably about 115 degrees with no air conditioning. My friend and I began laughing our heads off and we finally got up and walked out. That is the mind set of people who "offer their services" to people like the Koechers.

Kelly

I don't see what this has to do with this case. If you don't like psychics fine, let other people believe what they want. Do you come here just to tell people they are wrong?

Snip from Kelly's post:

The Koechers have been plagued by psychics. Which is Kelly's point, I believe.

I don't see what this has to do with this case. If you don't like psychics fine, let other people believe what they want. Do you come here just to tell people they are wrong?

Missing person's cases attract "psychics" and conspiracy theorists like vulture to carrion. If you've never seen this close up you are fortunate, because its very ugly and very sad at the same time.

Someone knows something, something important about each of these cases!

Laughing

All this time I didn't know the fliers were on the dashboard.

That's very interesting because I've done the same thing - that is, take papers out of a binder/portfolio that I don't want to take with me at the time & set them on the dashboard till I get back to the car.

Sounds to me like he intended to come back to the car. He didn't want whoever he was meeting to see the fliers. IMO, because he might be embarrassed by them - like, what is a grown man doing passing out fliers? So, he took the fliers out of his folder to impress someone or not look pathetic.

He met the person and presented his credentials for a job and .... The End.

What the heck happened then? There is no scenario that fits. A man that is going to walk off into the desert doesn't take a portfolio with him!

It depends on what sort of portfolio he was carrying. ;)

Long-time lurker entering the fray with great reluctance, given that I'm in the midst of moving and (somewhat ironically) supposed to be job-hunting. I will admit that I've only read the first four or five threads in this series in their entirety and skimmed the rest, so if the subject's been brought up before, I apologize.

I'm a freelance writer and editor who's worked in journalism, so the word portfolio means something different to me than it does to most people, as I suspect it would have to Steven Koecher. For a journalist, a very basic portfolio is a collection of about 5-10 clips of your best work photocopied onto regular 8 1/2 x 11 paper and set in a binder. Traditionally, you take them to job interviews. These days, many (if not most) people create and send them electronically or post them online. Either way, if you want to work in journalism, you need a portfolio -- or at the very least, a stack of clips and your resume.

I don't know if this is what Steven Koecher was carrying, though a standard manila folder could certainly hold a set of photocopied clips. A too-good-to-pass-up job opportunity does seem like the most logical reason for a responsible, devout young man in financial trouble to be in a such an out-of-the-way location, at a specific time, on a Sunday. Kelly Robinson mentioned that at one time a seemingly shady technical recruiter was operating on Evening Lights. Steven had experience in online journalism, so perhaps he'd been lured by the promise of well-paying tech work, only to find it was not quite what he'd expected.

This is pure conjecture, of course, and given the paucity of facts available, I don't think anything short of alien abduction can be ruled out.

Thinking about Steven today and wherever he is, I hope he is happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long-time lurker entering the fray with great reluctance, given that I'm in the midst of moving and (somewhat ironically) supposed to be job-hunting. I will admit that I've only read the first four or five threads in this series in their entirety and skimmed the rest, so if the subject's been brought up before, I apologize.

I'm a freelance writer and editor who's worked in journalism, so the word portfolio means something different to me than it does to most people, as I suspect it would have to Steven Koecher. For a journalist, a very basic portfolio is a collection of about 5-10 clips of your best work photocopied onto regular 8 1/2 x 11 paper and set in a binder. Traditionally, you take them to job interviews. These days, many (if not most) people create and send them electronically or post them online. Either way, if you want to work in journalism, you need a portfolio -- or at the very least, a stack of clips and your resume.

I don't know if this is what Steven Koecher was carrying, though a standard manila folder could certainly hold a set of photocopied clips. A too-good-to-pass-up job opportunity does seem like the most logical reason for a responsible, devout young man in financial trouble to be in a such an out-of-the-way location, at a specific time, on a Sunday. Kelly Robinson mentioned that at one time a seemingly shady technical recruiter was operating on Evening Lights. Steven had experience in online journalism, so perhaps he'd been lured by the promise of well-paying tech work, only to find it was not quite what he'd expected.

This is pure conjecture, of course, and given the paucity of facts available, I don't think anything short of alien abduction can be ruled out.

I have tended away from the idea of an employment interview unless of course is was just an impromptu meeting. Possibly met someone who he started up a conversation with and someone said, "swing by I'll take a look at what you have." Or he was there to show the fliers to someone who could either improve, such as a printing company or something.

There is a company in that neighborhood that stencils the names of companies on the windows of cars and I am thinking that if Steven had considered having the logo of his company stenciled on his car that he would have to show an example of one. There is currently a company that does that and in 2009 the company's only office was in that neighborhood, but now they have one in Vegas and one in the neighborhood.

But who knows, it's just a theory. Nobody really knows what he was doing there.

Kelly

I think that it can be safely assumed that he was there that had something to do with business. I did speak to the owner of Steven's company at one point and he said to me, "Steven never told me what he was doing up there and I have no idea why he was there."

Now Steven may have had the idea to get a new logo for the company that he worked at or had it stenciled to his car window, but I am beginning to doubt that as the company that is the neighborhood that does that was bit of a walking distance (about 6 minutes of walking) and it would be logical that he would have pulled his car up to the home to have the window looked at.

Now at one time there was some kind of company on Evening Lights that did some kind of employment thing for companies and when I called them to ask them some very basic questions about what they do, the man became very suspicious and upset, although his services are listed on the internet and I never once mentioned Steven Koecher. I just simply asked him what his services entailed. There was a woman in the background and because they were so upset I terminated the phone call and never called them back. That was about two years ago.

Kelly

Hi I pretty much joined solely to answer your query. Dont know if anyone here actually does stuff with the information.

Having seen the last video of Steven there are two things I can tell you. One for certain, the second highly likely.
1) Definitely he had been there before!
2) Most likely it was a business related rather than a social meeting.
Why? As a sales director of many years I have accompanied hundreds of thousands of salesmen on sales visits. You can just instantly tell if the salesman has been to a place before from how he acts and walks. For example, Stevens car did not cruise hesitantly up and down the street looking for exactly where to go. There was no gradual peering at door numbers or stop starting. He also knew without worrying where he could easily park nearby.
Then as he walks away from the car he knows EXACTLY where he is going and again there is no checking door numbers to find how far he is from his destination. These are just the obvious indicators, but there is also the feel that comes with years of experience of doing this. I KNOW when a colleague is kidding me about where he has and hasn’t been in the past. Steven had been there before! (It may be irrelevant, or you may profit by going further back on your CCTV or other records)
The second point. Why was it business related? Well he waited six minutes in his car. That’s what you do if you are visiting a business appointment. I have done it with my guys all my life. You get there early, wait in your car until a few minutes before the appointment and then walk in the door with a couple of minutes to spare. If it is a social call, you pull up in their driveway or outside the house and go straight in.
That second point is also another indicator that he had been there before. He could judge the journey time to arrive six minutes before the appointment. He did not arrive there half an hour in advance.
I am not suggesting Steven was selling anything, that’s simply where my historical expertise comes from.
This may be of no use at all or may offer you something else.

With that knowledge I would humbly suggest that all anyone has to do is see what media he was using to look for jobs in the previous 3 weeks. Go through that particular media (website, newspapers, whatever) and by a long process of elimination, somewhere among those will be a phone number that relates to one of the four houses on Evening Lights.

:welcome5:, Rioruss! Thank you for your post and opinions on Steven's case! :woot:

Hi I pretty much joined solely to answer your query. Dont know if anyone here actually does stuff with the information.

Having seen the last video of Steven there are two things I can tell you. One for certain, the second highly likely.
Why? As a sales director of many years I have accompanied hundreds of thousands of salesmen on sales visits. You can just instantly tell if the salesman has been to a place before from how he acts and walks. For example, Stevens car did not cruise hesitantly up and down the street looking for exactly where to go. There was no gradual peering at door numbers or stop starting. He also knew without worrying where he could easily park nearby.
Then as he walks away from the car he knows EXACTLY where he is going and again there is no checking door numbers to find how far he is from his destination. These are just the obvious indicators, but there is also the feel that comes with years of experience of doing this. I KNOW when a colleague is kidding me about where he has and hasn’t been in the past. Steven had been there before! (It may be irrelevant, or you may profit by going further back on your CCTV or other records)
The second point. Why was it business related? Well he waited six minutes in his car. That’s what you do if you are visiting a business appointment. I have done it with my guys all my life. You get there early, wait in your car until a few minutes before the appointment and then walk in the door with a couple of minutes to spare. If it is a social call, you pull up in their driveway or outside the house and go straight in.
That second point is also another indicator that he had been there before. He could judge the journey time to arrive six minutes before the appointment. He did not arrive there half an hour in advance.
I am not suggesting Steven was selling anything, that’s simply where my historical expertise comes from.

With that knowledge I would humbly suggest that all anyone has to do is see what media he was using to look for jobs in the previous 3 weeks. Go through that particular media (website, newspapers, whatever) and by a long process of elimination, somewhere among those will be a phone number that relates to one of the four houses on Evening Lights.

Excellent analysis...JMO

Thank you! I found your perspective quite helpful. I appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member