CA - Timothy Schuster, 45, found in vat of acid, Clovis, 9 July 2003

Jolynna:

Your right, I came here because of the "blue barrel".............

I'm glad that Larissa was found guilty of Tim's murder. What a horrific way to die!!!

Was there a reason why she didn't get the death penalty? There is not much information on this case???

They need to throw these two in the same drum and see how they like it !!!

What a couple sick people

I can't begin to imagine doing that to someone no matter how much I disliked them. This has to be one cold blooded woman. Glad she will be in prison for the rest of her life. I can't believe that she didn't get the death penalty with the special circumstances. Did they give her LWOP?

I can't begin to imagine doing that to someone no matter how much I disliked them. This has to be one cold blooded woman. Glad she will be in prison for the rest of her life. I can't believe that she didn't get the death penalty with the special circumstances. Did they give her LWOP?

No parole.

As for why no death penalty, I think, like with O.J., prosecutors are so afraid that jurors will be influenced by people of certain stature (and that can afford GOOD & smart lawyers) they get intimidated and don't go for the maximum penalty.

In some articles the prosecutor was concerned that people wouldn't think an educated "mother" would be capable of something so horrific.

moo

No parole.

As for why no death penalty, I think, like with O.J., prosecutors are so afraid that jurors will be influenced by people of certain stature (and that can afford GOOD & smart lawyers) they get intimidated and don't go for the maximum penalty.

In some articles the prosecutor was concerned that people wouldn't think an educated "mother" would be capable of something so horrific.

moo

I'm not fond of the death penalty in general - but I think if I were, I'd probably try to make a deal for life without parole - because there are fewer appeals and less of a chance of things going wrong with a jury. Juries are unpredictable. Life without parole as a "deal" is certain.

Let me get this right - he was dismembered before being put in the barrel but they say he was still alive? Something doesn't match up, unless they dismembered him while he was alive - and generally, you don't live much past dismemberment.

I have to say, though, if I had to die and people had to know about it - dying by acid is much cooler than dying by choking on your own drug induced vomit on a toilet or something. I'd much rather my daughter say "Yes, I lost my dear mother to a vat of acid" than some other things.

What a demented way to kill someone.

Also, another I-didn't-have-my-coffee-yet-disjointed thought: The woman was told of someone who killed their spouse that way. Okay, if you are TOLD someone did that before, that means that person was CAUGHT or you'd not be able to hear the story. If that person was caught doing it, it might not be the best method for killing someone.

Not that you should ever kill anyone, mind you. But if you absolutely positively have to kill someone... don't do it by method where people get caught. Simple as that.

Man, I didn't even read this. That's my worst nightmare. Anything having to do with acid.

Glad to hear the news.
I was afraid she would serve only a few years and even possibly be eligible for parole.

Chemist gets life for killing husband in acid vat

FRESNO, Calif. --A biochemist was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole Friday for killing her estranged husband by knocking him out and stuffing him into a vat of acid, possibly while he was still alive.

Larissa Schuster was convicted in December of murdering Timothy Schuster with the special circumstance that the murder was committed for financial gain. At the time of his death in July 2003, the Schusters were in the middle of a divorce after nearly 20 years of marriage.

Just days after Timothy Schuster was reported missing, his half-dissolved remains - intact from only the belt buckle down - were found inside a 55-gallon barrel concealed in a storage unit his wife had rented.

Kristin Schuster, the couple's adult daughter, told the judge that she felt safer knowing her mother would be behind bars.

"I've been living for five years not knowing if I would have to worry for my own safety," she said. "In your quest to become a dominating power freak, you became your own demon. You have hurt me for so many years and probably smiled inside, but look who's smiling now."

http://www.charlotte.com/118/story/627175.html

That's creepy about the storage unit. I rented one and was concerned about going to it at night to get something out. The walls were just corrugated aluminum. Now I learn a body could be inches away!:eek:

Where are his feet?

:crazy: Floating up on Canada's beaches?

I told my husband the story of what this woman did to her husband...he's scared now, especially when I showed him how easy it is to get the acid!! He's been soooo good...even has the "honey do" list completed!

SewingDeb, thank you for bumping this up. I meant to update this after the sentencing, but I got busy and forgot!

I don't know what happened to the feet, but I don't think they are the ones that washed up in Canada!

It still angers me that she didn't get the death penalty she deserved. But at least she won't be free to victimize anyone else.

This case is so strange. Though I haven't followed it closely. It's obvious she didn't act alone. There's no way she could have moved a 50 gallon drum, even if it just had a body in it. Add the liquid and it's impossible.

James Fagone had contacted me out of the blue and the reason is still unclear. But yeah, nothing about this case makes any sense.

This case is going to be featured on the Oxygen channel's "Snapped" tomorrow afternoon at 12 CST if anyone is interested.

This case is going to be featured on the Oxygen channel's "Snapped" tomorrow afternoon at 12 CST if anyone is interested.
Saw it! If anyone deserves to fry she does!!!:furious: Noone is sure if he was even dead when she poured the acid in.

I saw this on Snapped last night. That is one big, ugly, evil looking woman. She will be a terror in prison just like she was on the outside according to her co workers and family.

Did any one happen to notice who commented in Oct. and what he said? Are we really buying that Fagone called him?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back