Identified! IL - Will Co., Male body in Des Plaines River, May'09 - Gary Schmidt

Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't say on the newscast I watched. I'm not sure how long it would take for them to determine male vs female remains. If I understand correctly they're not saying male or female, but some reports have speculated female. Other than determining gender I'm not sure what else would be available before DNA comes back.

They can tell right away if the pelvis is intact. Males and females have different shaped pelvis'.

From chicagobreakingnews report, "The remains were found along the banks of the river near Channahon, just west of Interstate Highway 55, an area where searchers have looked for Peterson since she disappeared Oct. 28, 2007." Does anyone know why it is here specifically that they've searched all along for Stacy--vs another area of the river eg, or vs for Lisa, other missing persons etc? The fact the remains were recovered evidently right where they expected to find Stacy makes me somewhat more hopeful that it is her. ETA Ie was search targeted there based upon cellphone activity or some other specified reason? (It isn't reported that this area was scoured for Lisa's remains, eg.)

:parrot:

Thanks for that Dee, Are there any other bridges in that area? With severe flooding could it be possible for the barrel to be washed from a bridge and end up there?

A dam was mentioned but it is downstream, right? I could see Drew dumping the barrel on the lake side of the dam, which would be upstream {every dam makes a lake behind it where the water builds up} because that is where the water would be the deepest.

I think he never expected this barrel to surface if it is Stacy. I think he put it where he thought the water was the deepest so it would never see the light of day again. IMO

Will have to see the logistics of this to see what fits and how it could have happened. This case has certainly turned into one needing some serious Sleuthing.

So many posters here this morning have talked about the families of Stacy, Lisa and probably the other missing person alluded to. I just want to say I concur with heartfelt feelings for them all as they go thru this waiting process. xox

There are bridges all over the area because Big Basin is where the Des Plaines and Kankakee Rivers converge. It is quite possible that due to the flooding of the Des Plaines and the movement of the barges, that a barrel that was meant to stay underwater could have been unearthed.

Prayers for this woman and her family, whomever they are.

From chicagobreakingnews report, "The remains were found along the banks of the river near Channahon, just west of Interstate Highway 55, an area where searchers have looked for Peterson since she disappeared Oct. 28, 2007." Does anyone know why it is here specifically that they've searched all along for Stacy--vs another area of the river eg or vs for Lisa or other missing persons? The fact the remains were recovered evidently right where they expected to find Stacy makes me somewhat more hopeful that it is her.

It's possible his cell phone pinged in this area... Plus, DP was a biker, so he could have been very familiar with the area if he ever hung out at Mugzy's, too. It's quite remote and hard to reach, especially at night.

wow this site about Stacy hits dead on http://www.heliumraven.com/

regardless of your views on psychics (mine are desidedly negative from personal experience in a public missing child case. Raw sewage and rats were involved), Sandra at the very least seems like a superb anthropologist. An area of education, training and specialization that really should get more attention from LE and investigations. She certainly seems to come to some eerily precise conclusions that do look to be beeing born out.

I get the feeling that LE has a pretty good feeling that this is Stacey, and not Lisa or an unknown 3rd party. Probably from a combination of this being the area they were expecting to find something and some of the details.

Regarding the question above about how fast they could determine the sex of the remains. if the lower body or skull is present the ME can determine the sex pretty much immediately at a glance. There are distinct and easily identifiable diferences between men and womans pelvis's and skulls. As far as determining if the woman had given birth, I could be wrong on this, but I believe that requires an x-ray of the pelvis to determine for certain. Something about seperation paterns in the bones and growth plates?

--

Probably something to do with postings such as, "I hope it Stacy". It's not what is being said, it's how it's being said. Fathom yourself into the shoes of someone who has lost family to violent crime. I'm sure it would be (at the least) a bit weird to hear people hoping your missing realtive was a recently discovered bottom half of a skeleton wearing panties. If it were me, I would preface my posting a bit to show respect for the missing/dead. It urkes me, that's all. Last time I checked, I was allowed to form an opinion.
---------
There is a significant difference in stating that "I hope that Stacey is dead" vs. believing that Stacey is dead and that you "hope that this is her remains". I don't have to go back and view all posts to know without a doubt that no one on this thread wished that Stacey was dead. I'm not going to debate you on this, I'm more interested in following this case to the end and seeing that the murderer is punished. This is a crime sleuthing forum and there is sufficient evidence IMO to point to the murder of Stacey Peterson, therefore it should not seem strange for posters to believe that she is deceased and do hope that her body is found. I'm not addressing this situation again.

I would think if the remains in the top half of the barrel had floated out, it would include the implants. If you held them down in water and let go, I bet they would fly to the surface. Not sure. Maybe Nursie knows. ;}

ETA: They might find them on the edge of the bank tho. I would think that barrel would have tossed and tumbled with the flood waters, and it could have taken that to knock the top off. I think the fact the BB and the remains found were relatively close together means the rest of the body and anything else in the barrel will be found as well. xox and IMO

Breast implants can float...........BUTTTTTTTTTTTT
they deteriorate very fast! I am assuming she had saline implants / & they rupture very easily in a body. ( I know that for a fact) Any type of jolt the wrong way & they're history. Women have them taken out all the time & they don't know what lot size they are or who the manufacturer is.

Hi Scandi!!! :blowkiss:

Article says blue barrels are common in the river.

'But others familiar with the river said blue barrels there are a common sight. Paul Dareak, a bartender at Mugzy's Hideout, a nearby bar, said he sees them all the time and that some people throw them in as a joke, knowing about the possible connection to Stacy Peterson's disappearance. A group searching for Stacy Peterson last year pulled out more than 20 from the water, he said'

Some people have a sick sense of humor imo.

---------
There is a significant difference in stating that "I hope that Stacey is dead" vs. believing that Stacey is dead and that you "hope that this is her remains". I don't have to go back and view all posts to know without a doubt that no one on this thread wished that Stacey was dead. I'm not going to debate you on this, I'm more interested in following this case to the end and seeing that the murderer is punished. This is a crime sleuthing forum and there is sufficient evidence IMO to point to the murder of Stacey Peterson, therefore it should not seem strange for posters to believe that she is deceased and do hope that her body is found. I'm not addressing this situation again.

ITA If anyone has ever had a missing family member presumed deceased, the prospect of never recovering their remains, nor being able to ever lay their loved one to rest is a neverending anguish. Most pray for the recovery, at least, of their loved one. So while we hope for a miracle, I think we can proceed from this premise as I know other posters here feel the same and wouldn't wish that anguish on anyone.

ETA: Peterson family spokeswoman Pam Bosco has expressed the Peterson's hope that, if this isn't Stacy, that w identification of the remains some other family might have their own loved one finally identified. And also Melanie Greenberg, a spokeswoman for Lisa Stebic's family, said: "If it is [her], the overwhelming feeling would be relief that we found her and that there is resolution."

Just a question, does it bother anyone if the same Coroner is performing this autopsy that performed the first one on Kathleen Savio? The one where she was found to have drowned in a dry bathtub with all the bruises? I'm aware that a Coroner's Jury ruled on the cause, but I feel that he needs to step aside and another Coroner perform the autopsy. JMO. :confused:

Just a question, does it bother anyone if the same Coroner is performing this autopsy that performed the first one on Kathleen Savio? The one where she was found to have drowned in a dry bathtub with all the bruises? I'm aware that a Coroner's Jury ruled on the cause, but I feel that he needs to step aside and another Coroner perform the autopsy. JMO. :confused:

Is it the same one? ty

*waves hand* Um... I thought Sandra put Stacy in the Illinois River at Dresden Lock and Dam. As well she said Stacy would be found at the end of April 2008. It's May 2009, and if it is Stacy, her body was found at the the Des Moines River edge.

They didn't say on the newscast I watched. I'm not sure how long it would take for them to determine male vs female remains. If I understand correctly they're not saying male or female, but some reports have speculated female. Other than determining gender I'm not sure what else would be available before DNA comes back.
--------
Makes you wonder if the clothes reportedly found were jeans and if they were obviously women's jeans? Just a thought. It has also been reported that panties were found. Panties are "usually" worn by females. Maybe it was immediately assumed, since there was clothing involved. :)

Article says blue barrels are common in the river.

'But others familiar with the river said blue barrels there are a common sight. Paul Dareak, a bartender at Mugzy's Hideout, a nearby bar, said he sees them all the time and that some people throw them in as a joke, knowing about the possible connection to Stacy Peterson's disappearance. A group searching for Stacy Peterson last year pulled out more than 20 from the water, he said'

Some people have a sick sense of humor imo.

What the heck? Are we sure it wasn't Drew himself playing this joke?

When I read that the remains were clothed in jeans and panties, I can't help but think (if this is either Stacey or Lisa) that these husbands were SO sure the bodies would never be found. Clothing can provide so many additional clues, it shows the arrogance of whoever is responsible for disposing of the body, imo. Thank goodness they're such dummies.

--------
Makes you wonder if the clothes reportedly found were jeans and if they were obviously women's jeans? Just a thought. It has also been reported that panties were found. Panties are "usually" worn by females. Maybe it was immediately assumed, since there was clothing involved. :)

Yeah, I'm definitely wondering about all of the above. Interesting that no two news casts will report the same things. It's interesting that we seem to get a few hints right at the start of an investigation like this and suddenly information is pulled back or not reported on further.

There was no mention of panties or jeans on the newscast I watched. Usually when things are found it's repeated continuously. Unless LE asked media specifically not to discuss the possibly identifying pieces. :waitasec:

Wow! I don't know how I missed this story until now. Why aren't they covering this on Court TV (TruTV)?

I will not be surprised if this is Stacie Peterson. The body washing up at the blue barrel found just a mile down river. That is just too coincidental for the information about the blue barrel that was reported at the time of her disappearance. And so coincidental to Drew Peterson's recent arrest. If it is her then they have a body. He will not be able to use his story that she is alive and well having a fling with a boyfriend.

This is all so reminiscent of the Laci Peterson case....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158