TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when another son (my oldest) --now 25--was five years or so he was nearly run over in my nextdoor neighbor's drive--it was on a slope, and my son was bent over in the path of their car as they backed up where he had stooped down to rescue a beetle, stranded on it's back...

Either one of my son's would likely have died to protect Channon and prevent her suffering--if, unlike Chris, given an opportunity--even were she a total stranger. IMO there was absolutely nothing stopping GT from leaving and seeking help yet there he sat there rollin and smokin blunts--at the very least watching--sayin it 'wuddn't none o his bidnezz' yet makin it his bidnezz to enjoy the "nice ride." I hope he is sentenced justly for his heartless, inhumane role in these heinous crimes. :mad:

:parrot:

ITA It seems like every day we have another thread here where there was a heinous victimization, and people around - including parents and cps - saw it coming or happening, but didn't act when they coulda, shoulda, woulda.

The good news is that TK and Price did a great job today showing just how callous - and likely involved - GT was.

The 4 in the 4Runner is huge. His admission that he knew they were going to carjack - and yet stayed there - was huge. His ability to come and go was huge...

And when TK pointed out the lack of forensic evidence against Boyd, who GT himself fingered, that was like a gut-shot to the defense. IMO

I doubt they give him anything like Cobbins or Davidson, but they're not going to buy the defense's game.

Looking at the charge and jury form, it's a challenge to figure out what they will select.

I could see the jury easily finding him guilty on the participation of the car-jack, kidnapping of Channon. Perhaps the robbery as well. I really think there is a miscarraige of justice as it applies to the murder of Newsom in allowing these defendants to be tried separately. We know that at least 2, maybe 3 or 4 of them took Chris to the railroad tracks, but only one will ever get convicted of it.

They're done for the day. Deliberations will continue in the morning.

I could see the jury easily finding him guilty on the participation of the car-jack, kidnapping of Channon. Perhaps the robbery as well. I really think there is a miscarraige of justice as it applies to the murder of Newsom in allowing these defendants to be tried separately. We know that at least 2, maybe 3 or 4 of them took Chris to the railroad tracks, but only one will ever get convicted of it.

Do you think not guilty on the murder or facilitaion of murder charges? Sadly, in my opinion, if he is found guilty of anything related to the murders it will be CRIMINALLY NEGLIGENT HOMICIDE.

Me too, PW. But as long as the jury believes Jenkins' testimony of 4 black men in the 4Runner going to those RR tracks, and I thought he was a very credible witness, then I bet they'll get him for that.

:prayer:

Do you think not guilty on the murder or facilitaion of murder charges? Sadly, in my opinion, if he is found guilty of anything related to the murders it will be CRIMINALLY NEGLIGENT HOMICIDE.

Well,he would be guilty of the felony murder of Channon by virture of his participation in the kidnapping. As for the premeditated murders, i'm guessing not guilty or guilty of facilitation. I dont think the jury would find the negligent homicide since that implies and negligetn, rather than intentional act, as if Channon or Chris was accidently killed.

whew, have I missed anything? Had to put dinner in the oven. I thought the judge was going to let the jury go home around five. I think they are an hour behind me on the East Coast. So, maybe another thirty minutes to an hour? I have an uneasy feeling about this one.

Ok, I set Jamie to tweet my phone.

whew, have I missed anything? Had to put dinner in the oven. I thought the judge was going to let the jury go home around five. I think they are an hour behind me on the East Coast. So, maybe another thirty minutes to an hour? I have an uneasy feeling about this one.

Maybe they started looking at the jury form and were so overwhelmed they crashed. :eek:

I doubt they're allowed to take a personal copy of that or the charge/instructions to read over alone, but it would be nice, since it takes some time reading to figure out the differences between all these charges.

I want to say thank you to SuziQ, Muffet, kiki, and everyone else who has been doing such a great job of keeping us updated on the trial! You have all done an awesome job!:dance::woohoo:

I've tried to listen, but my two-year-old granddaughter seems to think that I have other more important things to do! LOL

I hope "G" has a sleepless night. I pray that the jury finds him guilty of the facilitation charges at the very least. I don't think he was "an innocent bystander" in this whole mess. Personally, I think he shot Chris at least once, to prove himself to "GuttaSlim."

I am just glad that "G's" lawyers didn't slam the victims like "GuttaSlim's" did. There is NO excuse for how those defense lawyers acted in "GuttaSlim's" trial.:banghead::furious: Although I do have to say, it didn't work out too well for their client!:dance:

Gt seated in court. Not sure if they have a verdict or what.

I just have the video on this morning and the sound just came on and showed people entering the court room.

Gary was talking to price then a AA gentleman on the defense side.

Judge is coming in

judge asking how everyone is this morning and getting organized.

Morning guys!! OMG my heart just skipped a beat, I thought we had a verdict, but not yet?

Both sets of parents to testify in victim impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni