GUILTY Canada - Paul Bernardo & Karla Homolka, murdered, 1993

A pardon? Like it was OK what she did? Hmmm...like it was justified?

Good luck-if it happens then it is clear she knows where there are skeletons in the decisionmakers closets...jmo.

O/T any recent pictures of her with all of the new media???

In England they often even provide a new identity so the paroled can live in peace...even if the victims' familes never can...not sure about Canada...she may have a new name?

MB
It is the removal of a criminal record on CPIC

http://www.legalpardons.ca/FAQs.html

What is a Canadian Criminal Pardon?
A criminal pardon allows an individual convicted of an offence to remove their record from the Canadian Police Information System (CPIC). This means that an individual’s criminal record will not show up on criminal record searches- basically ‘hiding’ your criminal record.

What are some benefits of a Pardon? Do I really need a Pardon?
A pardon will remove and seal your information in CPIC. CPIC is the primary method for anyone seeking to obtain information about your criminal record. Once you have obtained a pardon, anyone searching CPIC will not be aware of your criminal conviction(s).
A pardon will allow you to apply for employment without disclosing information about your criminal record. The Canadian Human Rights Act clearly prohibits an employer from rejecting you as an applicant if you have received a pardon. The Criminal Records Act prohibits employers to question applicants about pardoned conviction. Whether you are applying to a Crown corporation, the Military, or any other business, you are protected from disclosing your pardoned conviction and are protected from discrimination.
Aside from negatively impacting employment prospects, if you do not get a criminal pardon it will also have detrimental effects on your ability to:

- get bonded;
- obtain custody of your children;
- rent an apartment;
- travel to foreign countries;
- your education;
- your immigration status; and
- volunteer.
Lastly, a criminal pardon removes the stigma associated with your criminal past and will give you the peace of mind to stop worrying about your record. This will essentially give you a second chance and the opportunity to move on with your life.

Thanks, Sailor Bug, for your great, thorough response!

I think Karla lives under a different name. I know she has a child and think she is married. It's hard to imagine that even if she ever got a pardon anyone would forget the crimes in which she was involved.

I just went back to read the first link again. It doesn't say that she is applying for a pardon. It simply says that the time constraint will soon lapse that allows such an application. The PM was using her case (because it raises heads, as most of Canada considers it the worst of their worst) to bellyache about the pardon system in general.

No one knows whether or not she will ask for a pardon. I don't know why she would. It seems like her chances of getting one if she asked for one are extraordinarily slim. She's done a pretty great job of staying on the down low and out of the spotlight. It's hard to imagine she'd want to bring attention to herself when she's obviously gone to great lengths to keep herself private.

This is true. I found another one, which appears to have been taken back in '06.

http://www.canada.com/globaltv/national/story.html?id=2a0fec0f-f2c4-4acf-b4d9-729bfacba68f

Interestingly, the article I've linked to above states that Homolka tried to change her name to Emily Chiara Tremblay, and was denied.

That certainly looks like her! As I said in my earlier post, it does seem like she tries to stay out of the media's glare, of course. Though I am sure they try their best to find her.

If Karla doesn't receive a pardon, it won't negatively affect her education options. She graduated with a bachelor's degree in psychology from Queen's University, while in prison.

I can't even begin to believe anyone could consider pardoning Karla. I'm too sick to post about this. I have followed her story since the start. She didn't even deserve a plea. She and Paul made the perfect couple. This can't be so. I doubt they will give her a pardon.
Canada is too soft on crime and needs to enact new laws.

Gozgals

I could not agree with you more on the fact that Canada is too soft on crime, let's hope the enact a new law for pardons before she is able to apply this summer.

I just went back to read the first link again. It doesn't say that she is applying for a pardon. It simply says that the time constraint will soon lapse that allows such an application. The PM was using her case (because it raises heads, as most of Canada considers it the worst of their worst) to bellyache about the pardon system in general.

No one knows whether or not she will ask for a pardon. I don't know why she would. It seems like her chances of getting one if she asked for one are extraordinarily slim. She's done a pretty great job of staying on the down low and out of the spotlight. It's hard to imagine she'd want to bring attention to herself when she's obviously gone to great lengths to keep herself private.

BBM

Thanks for making that clear. I was wondering why Karla would try. She still has quite a few restrictions as it is, so I am not certain Canada would be too happy to pardon her. As someone pointed out before watchingkarlahomolka.com has the most info available anywhere, or that I can find anyway. Just wish I could see the Fifth Estate Video...
Thanks for making that clear.

She's no longer Leanne TealeShe has had at least one other name change(as had her sister)Karla is still in Canada & will,until her dying day,will be protected & paid by the Government.This 'pardon'reeks of a publicity stunt although I can't fathom how or why unless Karla wishes(for big $$$)to reappear for a book deal or another TV appearance......theres an angle here,its just figuring to WHOSE benefit it's for as it's certainly not the victim's fam iliers or the Candadian people....

If you want more & are so inclined dig up the last Karla related thread we had on here lots og good info/opnions.
I think the last thread was about her family's house(scene of at least one murder & at least one rape) being on the market......

There's an article from canada.com in Dec. 2007. It says she's gone to the Carribean.

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/story.html?id=2a8b0256-b090-40e7-be6e-aa839bccb0fb&k=2217

"Karla Homolka, one of Canada’s most notorious criminals, has pulled up stakes for the Caribbean, according to French-language television network TVA."

That's been de-bunked as has the "gay *advertiser censored* star husband"............right now a new Karla is quietly living as a French speaking Canadian living among normal people who have no clue she is a monster.........

That's been de-bunked as has the "gay *advertiser censored* star husband"............right now a new Karla is quietly living as a French speaking Canadian living among normal people who have no clue she is a monster.........

That's the last I heard too, Vespa. And I just don't see her rocking the boat.

Personally, unless she did something incredibly drastic to her appearance, I would have no problem recognizing KH if our paths were to cross. It seems crazy to me that there are Canadian citizens who don't know who she is/what she looks like, but I realize there are circumstances that would make that possible. I feel bad for the neighbourhood in which she currently resides, that's for sure.

I was listening to a Hamilton radio station on my way home last night and they were talking to the lawyer for the victims' families discussing the pardon. He said that while she is living out of Canada she cannot apply for it and even if they did, it should be denied, because one of the criteria is tha tyou are crime free and living a proper life and he doesn't feel the crime board can prove that when they are not in Canada. He also mentioned that he understands she married her lawyer's brother.

He seems to think if the laws are the same he seems to think for sure she will be pardoned.

I've attached the link below of the interview. You may have to go down to 4/21 and click on "TD on Homolka pardon".

http://www.900chml.com/Station/ScottThompsonShow/Audio.aspx

MB
It is the removal of a criminal record on CPIC

http://www.legalpardons.ca/FAQs.html

What is a Canadian Criminal Pardon?
A criminal pardon allows an individual convicted of an offence to remove their record from the Canadian Police Information System (CPIC). This means that an individual’s criminal record will not show up on criminal record searches- basically ‘hiding’ your criminal record.

What are some benefits of a Pardon? Do I really need a Pardon?
A pardon will remove and seal your information in CPIC. CPIC is the primary method for anyone seeking to obtain information about your criminal record. Once you have obtained a pardon, anyone searching CPIC will not be aware of your criminal conviction(s).
A pardon will allow you to apply for employment without disclosing information about your criminal record. The Canadian Human Rights Act clearly prohibits an employer from rejecting you as an applicant if you have received a pardon. The Criminal Records Act prohibits employers to question applicants about pardoned conviction. Whether you are applying to a Crown corporation, the Military, or any other business, you are protected from disclosing your pardoned conviction and are protected from discrimination.
Aside from negatively impacting employment prospects, if you do not get a criminal pardon it will also have detrimental effects on your ability to:

- get bonded;
- obtain custody of your children;
- rent an apartment;
- travel to foreign countries;
- your education;
- your immigration status; and
- volunteer.
Lastly, a criminal pardon removes the stigma associated with your criminal past and will give you the peace of mind to stop worrying about your record. This will essentially give you a second chance and the opportunity to move on with your life.

BBM ~ This makes me sick!!! Her victims don't get a second chance!!! I will completely lose all faith in our Judical system if this happends!!! I honestly can't see a pardon being granted for her though, our country still gets so much slack for making "the deal with the devil".

Why on earth would anyone want to marry her? I guess it's the same type of people who would want to marry Scott Peterson? Yuck.

I haven't followed this case much but it's terrible that she was even ever let out of jail. Right there, she has received confirmation that what she did was not that bad since she was let out with basically no restrictions rather than paying a life sentence for the lives she took.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back