MO MO - Phoenix Coldon, 23, St. Louis County, 18 Dec 2011

As far as Phoenix...nothing new on her? The last I read on a public FB page, some people made remakrs that she had left on her own to get away from her parents...? Odd way of doing it, if so.

This situation maybe possible, however it is not likely probable. My statement applies to both womens' cases. Tell if I am wrong, but the medical examiners roll is to determine a cause of death. He did his job. Also LE can only do so much when there is not much evidence to go on.:please: I guess the ME final determination allows LE to close its case. This determination also allows other things to move forward, like life insurance claims, etc. Until something new comes up. If it ever will, then this is the best decision made.
I can imagine that in the case of Phoenix. This could drag on for years. It is as if she disappeared into thin air.

Does anyone currently know the status of Phoenix's case?

I am amazed at how similar these cases are... there's got to be more....I was just looking at the map posted above (Thanks!) and its exactly like the location where English was found.

Does anyone have info on the exact location and condition of their cars when they were found. I see so many conflicting reports... TIA

"The last lead detectives were following was in the case of a very similar disappearance in Atlanta. The car belonging to the woman missing in that case was also found running at an intersection."

Were they both 'IN' the intersection? as in, driving along the road? I always thought SEs car was in a library parking lot....

Also: i see that Phoenix had mutual friends on Facebook with RK. has any of those relationships been panned out for connections to her? he seems kinda sleazy to me..JMO JMO

Apparently, one of the symtoms/reactions from hypothermia is "burrowing"...which could be exactly what happened here. I do believe she was alone and disoriented and that her death is a tragedy but not a crime. JMO

I learn something new everyday....Thanks!!
An apparent self-protective behaviour known as terminal burrowing, or hide-and-die syndrome[24], occurs in the final stages of hypothermia.
Hypothermia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well, if the cases are not related it sure is a small world for RK.

It seems like she was smart and accomplished, not someone you expect hanging out in the street. I wonder what she was doing over in that neighborhood. I read that her car was found running with the door open driving the wrong way down a one way street... that kinda sounds like she was trying to get away from somebody, no? and if the dogs didnt get a scent, that would account for her being taken from her car into another vehicle. judging by the surroundings, not likely anyone saw the abduction. They could jump right back on the highway and be long gone in no time...

There is still recent speculation on the public FB page that she is in hiding with a friend, or that her best friend knows where she is...this rumor has been out there since the beginning, so it is possible there is some truth to it.

Wow, just did a google earth walkaround where her car was found... anyone have a guess what that blue building is a block away? When you put the little google man on the ground you see a dead end street with cars parked on it, several men standing about...

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=9th+%26+St.+Claire+Ave+in+EAST+St.+Louis,+Illinois&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x87d8ad67419ad7fd:0x1606aad5b001f3ff,St+Clair+Ave+%26+N+9th+St,+East+St+Louis,+IL+62201&gl=us&ei=JCUuT8OrFZDBtgf175D8Dw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CCEQ8gEwAA

Wow, just did a google earth walkaround where her car was found... anyone have a guess what that blue building is a block away? When you put the little google man on the ground you see a dead end street with cars parked on it, several men standing about...

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=9th+%26+St.+Claire+Ave+in+EAST+St.+Louis,+Illinois&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x87d8ad67419ad7fd:0x1606aad5b001f3ff,St+Clair+Ave+%26+N+9th+St,+East+St+Louis,+IL+62201&gl=us&ei=JCUuT8OrFZDBtgf175D8Dw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CCEQ8gEwAA

It looks like a nightclub. This area is known for having a lot of after hours strip clubs. I've always wondered if this case was somehow related to the sex trade.

:( Bless this family. What a horrible thing to do to them!

Phoenix Coldon: Cruel Hoax Costs Family Of Missing Woman Their Life Savings, Home (EXCLUSIVE)

Phoenix Coldon, 23, was last seen in the driveway of the family's St. Louis County home at about 3 p.m. Dec. 18. Her mother said she was sitting in her vehicle one minute and the next, she was gone.

Coldon said she initially thought her daughter had gone to the store but when she did not return that night, Coldon said she reported her daughter and her black 1998 Chevy Blazer missing to police the following morning.

According to Coldon, her daughter's disappearance is highly out of character.

"She is very responsible, very sweet, very athletic and very intelligent," she said.

.............. full article at link .............. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...issing_n_1432683.html?ref=crime&ncid=webmail1

According to the family’s private investigator a man claiming to be Phoenix’s father created a fake Facebook page using her picture. The unnamed man also said he knew where the 23 year old was. The family invested money in pursuit of what appeared to be a good lead, but it all turned out to be a lie.

“It’s a scary thing because we thought that he might have Phoenix with him. The person he was presenting as his long lost daughter was a picture of Phoenix,” said Coldon.

Snipped: http://fox2now.com/2012/04/20/family-of-missing-girl-gets-scammed/

Phoenix Coldon: Cruel Hoax Costs Family Of Missing Woman Their Life Savings, Home (EXCLUSIVE)

Phoenix Coldon, 23, was last seen in the driveway of the family's St. Louis County home at about 3 p.m. Dec. 18. Her mother said she was sitting in her vehicle one minute and the next, she was gone.

Coldon said she initially thought her daughter had gone to the store but when she did not return that night, Coldon said she reported her daughter and her black 1998 Chevy Blazer missing to police the following morning.

According to Coldon, her daughter's disappearance is highly out of character.

"She is very responsible, very sweet, very athletic and very intelligent," she said.

.............. full article at link .............. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...issing_n_1432683.html?ref=crime&ncid=webmail1

Very sad, but predictable. My grandmother's first husband went missing back in the early 1930's. He was never found, but for years she had to deal with people all over the country contacting her with similar scams. Her brothers traveled to several different states over the years to check out these "leads", but none panned out.

Some men wrote letters pretending to be her husband, asking her to send them money, etc. The family kept certain information confidential, so when they received calls or letters, they could ask the person to answer certain questions (names and ages of his children, etc.).

It's a shame Phoenix's parents let their emotions get ahead of them. It sounds as though the PI and the guy who created the fake Facebook page were in cahoots. It's also strange that the E. St. Louis police haven't said anything about her disappearance. Something is up. That area is notorious for organized crime/mob activity connected to the after hours gambling/prostitution/strip club business there. Someone knows what happened to her.

Just came by to post that Huffpost article...glad someone else is also paying attention to this...

Poor Phoenix. Beautiful girl. I'm thinking of sending some money to her fund.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back