What evidence does the prosecution have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ruby, I agree GZ should have had blood spatter all over his upper body and clothes. And I can't figure out how Trayvon ended up on his stomach with his hands under him.

I guess there would be no booking picture of GZ either showing his face? He was arrested, is a picture taken when one is arrested and then released?

Ruby, I agree GZ should have had blood spatter all over his upper body and clothes. And I can't figure out how Trayvon ended up on his stomach with his hands under him.

I guess there would be no booking picture of GZ either showing his face? He was arrested, is a picture taken when one is arrested and then released?

GZ wasn't arrested on 2/26. He was detained for questioning for a short period of time. He wasn't arrested until 4/11. And only then because of a massive call to justice for authorities to look into a crime that was being swept under the rug by the SPD.

Doesn't everyone know that all 911 calls are recorded? I would think George would certainly have known it given the number of calls he has made and his father's background.

GZ did not call 911 at the beginning. He called the non-emergency line, which is why I said the non-911 call. Or, am I getting mixed up again. :floorlaugh:

We have NO idea if he pursed him or not. Everybody is just assuming he did.

they don't have enough evidence to prove with out a resonable doubt that GZ set out to kill Trayvon.

The prosecution is not arguing that GZ "set out to kill Trayvon", so they don't need to prove that.

I have been lurking on WS for quite some time but this is my first post. I can't see that this has been brought up yet but I have to admit I did not read everything (it would take weeks :).

If TM was on top of GZ (as he and a witness claim) when he was shot, why isn't his blood all over GZ? He had a chest wound and was unable to be resuscitated even though emergency workers were on scene within a minute of him being shot. I speculate that he was shot in the heart for this to be the case. It had to be an obviously fatal wound for them not to transport to the hospital and declare death on scene. If he was shot while sitting/straddling GZ, uttered some words, then fell over, surely GZ would have had a noticeable amount of blood on him.

I would think this would be useful for the prosecution.

One would certainly expect all of the above. Good post and welcome to WS!

GZ did not call 911 at the beginning. He called the non-emergency line, which is why I said the non-911 call. Or, am I getting mixed up again. :floorlaugh:

I was including non-emergency in my use of "911." Sorry.

Doesn't everyone know that all 911 calls are recorded? I would think George would certainly have known it given the number of calls he has made and his father's background.

It never occurred to me that non-emergency calls to the police station would be recorded. I called once to get information on how local crime statistics are reported to the FBI when I was teaching and another time regarding someone with dementia whom I knew the police were trying to hook up with services. I think I would have been very self conscious if I'd thought about being recorded but looking back, I bet I was.

intent on what? That he was going to kill Trayvon?

JMO.

BBM

To not let another *advertiser censored**hole get away...GZ did not wait for authorities to arrive, continued to follow Trayvon, lost sight of him, continued to look for where Trayvon was and I believe cut him off at that footpath..startled Trayvon and since TM didn't answer GZ's question of 'what are you doing here', he pushed the 'mouthy' teen who had the gall not to answer HIM...it appears to be all about authority and GZ felt he had that authority over his community...

If GZ would have stayed in his vehicle, Trayvon wouldn't be dead and he wouldn't be facing a murder charge...

I believe he disregarded police saying, we don't need you to do that, when asked if he was following this person..

If GZ was that 'fearful' of a lone teen walking at 7pm ( still pretty light out ) he should haved stayed put...but he's the sheriff of Twin Lakes Retreat...

I also believe this became a personal vendetta with GZ, who had his own property stolen off his porch. I believe GZ has the means, the motive and used the NW as his opportunity...if not Trayvon, it would have been someone elses child...

I also believe he studied the SYG statute and misinterpeted it like others have..He is using the law thinking it's on his side..:banghead:

It never occurred to me that non-emergency calls to the police station would be recorded. I called once to get information on how local crime statistics are reported to the FBI when I was teaching and another time regarding someone with dementia whom I knew the police were trying to hook up with services. I think I would have been very self conscious if I'd thought about being recorded but looking back, I bet I was.

--the call begins, Dispatcher: "Sanford Police Depaertment, this line is being recorded...."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj7qEcD8R-8"]George Zimmerman 911 Call To Stanford Police Department - YouTube[/ame]
--george's call to SPD--

The out of focus location of the body may be getting a little bit more clear. I ran across this article while looking for something else:

Mora, who’s also 31, takes me to the patio on Thursday afternoon to share what they could and couldn’t see. The homes in the Retreat are connected, with small front yards and bigger, shared backyards. The problem, on the night of Feb. 26, was that it was dark and raining.

The only real illumination on Zimmerman was a neighbor’s porch light, which, according to Mora, “is always on.” When you survey the yard, you’re looking at one of the least likely places to shoot somebody. The patch of grass that Martin died on is visible from at least 20 porches. Mora’s porch, for example, is only around 19 feet away.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_..._happened_the_night_trayvon_martin_died_.html

This backyard is also where SFD Fire and Rescue said the body was located and the location given by the SPD's report overlaps this as well. The 70 yard point mentioned by O'Mara at the bond hearing is not too far away and could be needing placement adjustment.

The image below has 19' radius lines from the center of this porch.

As I've said before, I realize we don't have GPS coordinates or statements signed in blood at this point, but if they keep feeding us a few bits and pieces, we'll soon be able to give THEM GPS for the body's position :rocker:

Attachments

• TMCrutcher 19.jpg
    TMCrutcher 19.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 38
The videotaped re-enactment.

Not only do they have GZ statements they have him walking them through the events that evening. Should be interesting....

One point that has not been discussed much is that the re-enactment included GZ repeatedly yelling for help (at the request of LE). While the person doing the voice analysis for the Orlando Sentinel said it is the tone that they compare, I would think this will help the analysis further.

Hopefully they have also been able to get samples of Treyvon's voice and the FBI is analyzing everything. I know some thought that the investigator said the voice testing was not conclusive, based on his testimony. I heard it as meaning that the results are not in yet, they therefore don't have enough info at this time. MOO.

One point that has not been discussed much is that the re-enactment included GZ repeatedly yelling for help (at the request of LE). While the person doing the voice analysis for the Orlando Sentinel said it is the tone that they compare, I would think this will help the analysis further.

Hopefully they have also been able to get samples of Treyvon's voice and the FBI is analyzing everything. I know some thought that the investigator said the voice testing was not conclusive, based on his testimony. I heard it as meaning that the results are not in yet, they therefore don't have enough info at this time. MOO.

They'd have to recreate that same fear...it's a feaful, devasting scream that would need to be recreated for the pupose of telling who..

I believe the state will play it and the jurors will decide, if it comes down to that...

I disgree. I believe Zimmerman's 911 call will be used to show intent. Zimmerman exited his vehicle before the end of the call. IMO this demonstrates that he never had any intention to wait for the cops. Zimmerman was going to be the cop that day.

jmo

As GZ has (allegedly) stated, he got out of the car to to find an address. Further, according to GZ, he was on his way back to his car when TM attacked him.

Although I disagree with the supposition you have presented, even if GZ had not intended to wait for the cops, that does not equal an intent to kill TM.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

I've never thought much about it, but it only makes sense.

Regardless, the one thing I do know is that if I were planning to kill someone, I would not call 911, identify myself, identify my location, and identify my victim minutes before killing them.

IMHO, a successful prosecution will need very little else.
Morning Papa! :)

Just one comment. A few times here (and in your above quote) it has been mentioned there *may* be another shell casing. (Why I assume you put the plural in parentheses).

There was one shell casing found. That was noted by a direct question by O'Mara at about 1:25.

O'MARA: How many shells?

GILBREATH: One.

http://www.wral.com/news/video/11004815/#/vid11004815

This was another area where they had cut away to commercial, so it's not in the transcript.
Just wanted to clear that up. Love all your posts!

Trayvon's Autopsy Report.

IMO, it seems GZ wants us to believe that TM was shot while on top of GZ...but what if the bullet trajectory do not match that?

We're all anxiously awaiting the gun forensics, bullet trajectory, shooting distance, and entry wound.

IMO, there is a good chance they were fighting over the gun. And I think that both TM and GZ were screaming at different points during the struggle.

I know very little about gun mechanics but I've read much speculation that because of the state the gun was found in, something about the casing and the loaded chamber, that this suggests the gun was being fought over. Are there any gun experts here who could explain this bit of speculative evidence to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member