WV WV - Diane Bess, 21, Huntington, 24 Dec 2013

I came to see if y'all had more information regarding the body found in Salt Rock today; if the picture on WCHSTV.com is where it was found, I'm a bit squicked out. I eat my lunch in that turn out quite often. I worked in VA this week and just got back into town - what time was the body found and was it found by a hunter?

Steve, the area where Ms. Bess lives/lived did not was not effected by the tainted water. A really small area of Cabell County called Culloden was effected, but the rest of that county was good to go.

I came to see if y'all had more information regarding the body found in Salt Rock today; if the picture on WCHSTV.com is where it was found, I'm a bit squicked out. I eat my lunch in that turn out quite often. I worked in VA this week and just got back into town - what time was the body found and was it found by a hunter?

Steve, the area where Ms. Bess lives/lived did not was not effected by the tainted water. A really small area of Cabell County called Culloden was effected, but the rest of that county was good to go.

It doesn't say what time the body was found.

The body was found just north of Salt Rock by a man hunting for wood.

Sheriff McComas says the body is over a hillside.

"Obviously a body in this location, over the road edge, is suspicious, but we have no idea of the manner of death or cause of death, who the individual is," McComas told WSAZ.com.

At this time, they are also not certain how long the body has been there. "It would appear that it has been there for a period of time. It doesn't appear that it was place there today," McComas said.

http://www.wsaz.com/home/headlines/SHERIFF-Body-Found-in-Cabell-County-240870081.html?device=tablet

Thanks, Elainera, I usually read WCHS and forget to go check WSAZ.

I live in Huntington and have been following the story of the body that was found on Rt. 10 this afternoon. The sheriff's department says that they believe it is the body of a woman. Huntington police investigators are also on the scene, and they say that the clothing found with the body is similar to the clothing Diane Bess was last seen wearing. I hope this link works. I'm using a tablet.
http://http://www.wsaz.com/home/headlines/SHERIFF-Body-Found-in-Cabell-County-240870081.html?device=tablet

WSAZ's Facebook post of the same article:

https://www.facebook.com/wsaz3/posts/10101993114155174?stream_ref=10

Authorities working to ID woman’s body found along W.Va. 10

McComas said there was no new information regarding the woman's identity Saturday afternoon.

The woman's body was taken to the state medical examiner's office in Charleston Friday evening, and McComas said the autopsy was being performed Saturday.

He said the medical examiner's office will determine the woman's identity and cause of death during the autopsy, but he said he was uncertain about how long it would take for those determinations to be made or when his office would be notified of the results.

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/news...orking-to-ID-woman-s-body-found-along-W-Va-10

So her car is missing? It says the body was found 100 yards down the embankment. That's a long way to roll unless it's a very steep bank! How awful!

Crap. What a lovely Christmas reminder for her loved ones. She had the most beautiful, kind looking eyes. I'm so sad for all who loved her and I hope they find who did this quickly. RIP Diane.

Not that beauty has anything to do with the trajedy of a person dying, going missing, or being killed, but she really does seem to have been a stunning looking young woman. She kind of reminds me of the "Flashdance" actress but more refined looking.

I just logged on at lunch to read the news and was sad to see that the id had been confirmed. I am always conflicted ... I never want it to be "that person," but I'm not exactly sure what outcome I do want when a body is found. I guess what I *really* want people to stop going missing and/or being killed.

edited to add:

To the person who said that it looks like quite a drop ... it is a very steep drop. I'm a heavy old lady and I would never try to walk down the embankment right there because I would go butt over teakettle. I mentioned upthread that I eat my lunch in that turn out quite often, and I do. It is right near my favourite client's office so I felt happy and relaxed sitting there. I think I stopped there on Jan 9 when I worked the morning in Huntington and the afternoon in Holden. I wouldn't have had lunch, but I think I stopped to make a call. I have a black box program on my phone - so I'm constantly recording what is going on out of my windshield and clocking my speed, etc. I'll go through my phone's files and see if the recordings from that day are still there and if I stopped.

If I have the recordings still, should I let the police know I have them even if I don't see anything of note?

It turns out that where I stopped to make my call was 38.33199 -82.26039 @ 01/09/14 13:30:20; I had my phone record the location because I thought I heard a gunshot... gunshots are not uncommon to hear out here, but when I hear one I tell my phone to save the footage and I leave.

That's many miles past where the young lady's body was found.

What an awful outcome. She really was beautiful. Hope they find who did this.

I am so sorry for the outcome in this situation, but at least glad there is closure. I think as the days go by we'll learn more.

We know now she went via car with a male friend. My thought is...if male picked her up at home, why not bring her back home or better yet, drop her off at her new destination?

Do we know where they went shopping? I cant view video on ipad to see location of where she was found, I'm curious.

Was someone else shopping that evening with them?

Was there a planned get-together after shopping with friend/s?

My prayers and thoughts to Diane's family and friends in such a horrible situation...

After all this time, they don't know what the powder on her body was? No idea where the gun came from, and have found no evidence in this man's car or home? Why did her mother wait so long to report her missing? It was Christmas!!
Many more questions than answers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back