GUILTY MO - Hailey Owens, 10, Springfield, 18 Feb 2014 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been following since the news hit, just am sick. But agree with posters that witnesses did all they could .... please don't critique them, imagine seeing that & hard as you try ...just helplessness.

I do agree the Amber alert should have been much faster .....but all fault is squarely on that evil man, whose name I don't want to even type ...the fact he gets another breath after murdering a child .... I just cannot.

Prayers for her family.

Kathy in Texas

Do we know if she was molested?. This could be something else.....like revenge?

I would be surprised if the motive was anything other than the usual crimes like this (Jessica Ridgeway, Cherish Periwinkle, Kathlynn Shepard)---sounds like the classic child abduction murder committed by a sex offender, whether or not he was registered. jmo.

Now that the shock has semi-worn off, I want to know why if the police were AT this guys house at 8:30PM............WHY did it take until early next morning to get a warrant to search his house???
Now I'm angry......

Probably b/c the guy wouldn't talk once they got him to the station, and it took that long to find adequate evidence that would allow them the search warrant. Since she was dead by 8:30, anyway, in hindsight it's a moot point how long it took to get the warrant. And it makes it especially important that they get one legitimately so that all the evidence in the house will be admissible in court.

More Details coming out

Springfield police credit the neighbors who not only ran after the kidnapper, but with providing key details that led officers to the suspect's vehicle. That vehicle was registered to a family member who let Wood use it, police said.

Wood stopped at a laundromat before returning home about four hours after the abduction, police said, who were waiting for the suspect when he arrived.

http://www.kshb.com/news/crime/poli...-missing-10-year-old-girl-from-springfield-mo

I have to believe he was not in full control of his senses. Drug use comes to mind. The abduction being done in broad daylight, with no worry over his actions, his face, and his dad's truck and plates being seen...either this is his first offense committed while high and/or plain stupid, or it's the end of a long series of similar events, where he finally felt utterly invincible. I hope it's the former.

Those gorgeous family portraits made my heart break a bit, tonight. I'm thankful for her family, that they at least have those recent and beautiful memories. Praying for justice in this life, but I'm also finding solace in the certainty that it will not be lacking in the next...and that this sweet little girl is in an indescribably beautiful and loving place right now.
If true, he certainly regained his faculties quickly enough to clean up -- wipe down with bleach, body placed in trash bags inside plastic bins, clothes possibly washed at the laundromat, and he was just about to ditch the duct tape when LE happened along.

JMO, but I think he carried out the crime cold sober.

I'm so exhausted -- no sleep last night at all. The porch lights for Hailey FB thread has over 104K people attending. Fire stations, patrol cars, truckers, even restaurants are supporting this little sweetheart. I feel so sad for her family. Nite.

More Details coming out

Springfield police credit the neighbors who not only ran after the kidnapper, but with providing key details that led officers to the suspect's vehicle. That vehicle was registered to a family member who let Wood use it, police said.

Wood stopped at a laundromat before returning home about four hours after the abduction, police said, who were waiting for the suspect when he arrived.

http://www.kshb.com/news/crime/poli...-missing-10-year-old-girl-from-springfield-mo

No washer/dryer in the home, or was he washing clothing there to avoid forensic trace evidence? If it's the later, I agree with other posters who feel this wasn't his first child abduction.

If true, he certainly regained his faculties quickly enough to clean up -- wipe down with bleach, body placed in trash bags inside plastic bins, clothes possibly washed at the laundromat, and he was just about to ditch the duct tape when LE happened along.

I think he was stone cold sober too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too Bessie.

This guy lived alone, I wonder how much child *advertiser censored* they are going to find there?

I think the witnesses did an amazing job all things considered. I'm grateful to them because I think they are the only reason he was caught so quickly. Not quick enough to save her obviously, but it's possible he'd still be out there otherwise.

I haven't read all of thread one yet. I am just now able to sit down and get on WS this evening after my children have gone to bed. I did get time during the day to sneak a few peeks at the news. My heart is crushed for this family, for the witnesses, and for the entire community. IMO the witnesses are heroes! I can hardly imagine the pain that they must feel. I am sure their hearts are crushed. And, blaming the family? Really? Yes, I am a super freak hyper-vigilant mom but it's a crying shame that I have to be and I probably wouldn't be if certain life experiences didn't harshly teach me to be so. We live in a society in which an innocent child can't walk down the street to see a friend! Disgusting. A child should be able to do that! This poor, poor family.

Bolded by me
What an amazing phrase......it's a classic.

It is what we are fighting against in this life.

I apologize in advance but cannot find the street address where she was found.

Anyone?

IMO he's done this before. The bleach, the plastic bin and garbage bags. Seems like he either did research on this or has done it before.

I think the duct tape was to seal the plastic bin and he was going to put it in a body of water or bury the bin.

What a sick sick POC.:jail:

But shooting her just seems messy and leaves too much evidence. And in his own house ?

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/pictures-family-snapshots-of-10yearold-hailey-owens/21048998_24567970

More photos at link.

-1-jpg--61-.jpg

-2-jpg--49-.jpg

Oh man, the little boy is SO much like my son. They could be twins. :crying:

:furious::furious::furious:

Would someone please help me understand how they had the suspect and didn't enter this home until hours later?

They must have already known she was deceased. They had to have.

Realistically, I fear you may be right. :( Which to me means it probably wasn't the first time.

The blessing in this horror is that the tote and the bags and bleach will prevent him from claiming insanity.

It would be nice if we all said a prayer for those poor witnesses, and for the parents and the police in this case. I'm sure they are all just heart broken.

There is a thing going around on Twitter right now, to honor Hailey and her family--a Facebook page has been set up called Porch Lights for Hailey Owens. People are posting photos of their porch lights on right now from all over the country. Hope it's ok to post the link to the Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/374126786063765/

But shooting her just seems messy and leaves too much evidence. And in his own house ?

Maybe other ways made it more personal then he wanted it to be? Ugh, I want to spew even having said that. Poor, sweet child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann