Forensic Astrology - NEVAEH BUCHANAN missing 5/24/09 MI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Park 'incident' no longer under suspicion
last modified September 11. 2009 1:13PM
<snipped>
The Monroe City Police has determined that an incident that took place Sept. 6 at St. Mary's Park did not involve someone intending to harm a young girl.
Police began investigating the case after it was reported to them that a girl was grabbed by a man. Those involved have been interviewed.

"It was agreed upon by all parties involved that there was no intent to cause harm or any abduction attempt during the original incident and that all parties involved agreed that no further action would be required from the police department," a news release from the City of Monroe said today.

The Evening News will be following up on this case. Look for more details in Saturday's Evening News.

Article:
http://www.monroenews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090911/NEWS01/909119998
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Park incident considered resolved
last modified September 12. 2009 12:58AM
<snipped>
Police have determined that an incident near St. Mary&#8217;s Park where a man approached a young girl was an innocent encounter and not an attempted abduction as initially feared.

Monroe Police Chief John Michrina said detectives found and interviewed the man, who is developmentally disabled. They spoke to him and his guardian and determined the man was simply trying to be friendly.

"There was no criminal intent whatsoever," Chief Michrina said.

The incident was reported to police as a possible attempted abduction, although the girl&#8217;s mother was hesitant to file because she never saw the man touch her daughter, Chief Michrina said.

But family members believed that all unusual incidents should be reported because of the ongoing Nevaeh Buchanan investigation.

About 6:30 p.m. Sunday near W. Elm and Godfroy Aves., the girl told police that the man grabbed her by the arm. But it could never be verified that the man, who is in his 40s, touched her. In fact, he told police he never touched the girl, the chief said.

There was nothing criminal, the chief said, so the investigation is closed.

Article:
http://www.monroenews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090912/NEWS01/709129974

:angel:

Dinner to honor memory of Monroe girl who was killed
Fri Sep 18, 2009, 03:36 PM EDT
<snipped>
The Veterans of Foreign Wars Annis Fint Post 1584 in Adrian will host a spaghetti dinner to honor the memory of Nevaeh Buchanan, the 5-year-old Monroe girl whose body was found along the banks of the River Raisin after she had been missing almost two weeks.

The event is scheduled for 3 to 10 p.m. Saturday. People can get a plate of home-cooked spaghetti, bread, a salad and dessert for $6.

Kelly LaFlash, bar manager at the post, said she came up with the idea after the VFW post in Westland organized a similar event last month.

&#8220;We saw what they did and we figured we&#8217;d do the same,&#8221; LaFlash said. &#8220;We want to do this to keep her spirit alive and keep her name out there.&#8221;

Buchanan&#8217;s body was discovered by two fishermen in June. LaFlash said that she feels as though the media buzz about Buchanan died after her corpse was found.

&#8220;It&#8217;s sad to think that people are starting to forget about this, but in a way they are,&#8221; LaFlash said.

LaFlash expressed concern about the young girl&#8217;s killer being on the loose.

&#8220;The main thing behind this is, the killer&#8217;s still out there,&#8221; she said. &#8220;It scares me to death because I have a 5-year-old daughter.&#8221;

All proceeds from the event will go to preschools in Monroe County. Monroe Public Schools will create an account for the money, which will be used to help local parents send their children to preschool.

Article:
http://www.lenconnect.com/news/x1692318705/Dinner-to-honor-memory-of-Monroe-girl-who-was-killed

Nevaeh Task Force still needs help
Monroe Co. Sheriff still offering $20,000 reward
<snipped>
The Monroe Co. Sheriff, along with the Nevaeh Buchanan Task Force, are still searching for the person or people responsible for the Michigan child's abduction and murder.

The Monroe Co. Sheriff and the Nevaeh Task Force are still working on leads, but can still use any help from the public.

The group has put out a new poster asking anybody who thinks they have any information to contact the Task Force at (734)457-6713.

Article:
http://www.foxtoledo.com/dpp/news/wupw_Navaeh_Task_Force_still_needs_help_09222009
Monroe County Sheriff releases poster in hunt for Nevaeh Buchanan's killer
Posted: Sep 23, 2009 5:22 AM EDT
Updated: Sep 23, 2009 5:24 AM EDT
<snipped>
The Monroe County Sheriff's Office is circulating a new poster asking for information on the murder of Nevaeh Buchanan.

Authorities are offering up to $20,000 for clues that lead to the arrest of the killer(s).

The girl was kidnapped in late May from her apartment complex. Twelve days later, her body was found buried under concrete along the River Raisin.

11181191_SH.jpg

Article:
http://www.wtol.com/Global/story.asp?S=11181191

Vigil to comfort those affected by murder
last modified September 24. 2009 11:18AM
<snipped>
Dave Simpson knows what it like to lose a child to a senseless crime.

The Toledo resident lost two children to violent crimes. His 4-year-old daughter was strangled and his 19-year-old son was shot to death.

With the murder of 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan this summer, Mr. Simpson is reaching out to residents of Monroe County to let them know there is a support group in the area willing to help people cope with the death of a loved one.

"It&#8217;s not just for parents," he said. "It&#8217;s for the benefit of anyone who has lost a loved one to murder."

Mr. Simpson said those who helped search for Nevaeh are encouraged to attend the vigil.

"We have all been through what these people are going through," Mr. Simpson said. "We are here for them and to support them."

This year&#8217;s event features guest speaker Etta Caver, a Hamilton, Ohio, resident whose mother was the victim of a homicide. Ms. Caver, according to a news release, also has dealt with domestic violence and received several awards for her community service work.

Article:
http://www.monroenews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090924/NEWS01/709249984
Noon headlines
Wednesday, September 23, 2009 | 2:26 PM
<snipped>
New Nevaeh flyers, trash fee increase proposed, Cooper Tire expands
New flyers pleading for tips in the murder case of 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan are going up across Monroe County.

It's all a push to find the little girl's killer. It's hard to believe it's already been four months since Neveah's body was found along the River Raisin. Time has passed and investigators in Monroe County are still feeling the heat to get this case solved. They're distributing new posters and are now offering a $20,000 reward for any information leading to the arrest and conviction of whomever is responsible. If you think you have any information that can help, call the task force at 734-457-6713.

Video: Noon Video Headlines-September 23, 2009
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/video?id=7028827

Article:
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=7028764

Are they EVER going to solve this case????? I think of her every day and hope that justice is served in her honor!

Nevaeh's Family Waits for Answers
September 25, 2009
Last Update: 8:13 am
<snipped>
It has been four long months since little Nevaeh Buchanan vanished from her home.
Detectives still have not caught the child&#8217;s killer &#8211; and Nevaeh&#8217;s family is begging for information.
Action News Investigator Heather Catallo has the latest in this tragic murder mystery.

This week &#8211; the Monroe County Sheriff released a new poster that begs for information about Nevaeh Buchanan&#8217;s murder.
But at this point Nevaeh&#8217;s family &#8211; wants more than glossy pictures and reward money &#8211; they want justice for Monroe&#8217;s little angel.

Video: Seeking Justice for Nevaeh
http://www.wxyz.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=23296@wxyz.dayport.com

PDF: New Nevaeh Poster (899.2KB)
http://www.wxyz.com/media/lib/87/b/...-9daf-4cd9d6b7150e/2nd_REWARD_Poster_MCSO.pdf

Article:
http://www.wxyz.com/content/news/in...Waits-for-Answers/C364AFjI5Ua04pyeo_Mojg.cspx

*Note: Clip towards end of page!

RAISINVILLE TOWNSHIP: $21,000 offered in Nevaeh case
Posted: Oct. 12, 2009
<snipped>
Posters seeking information leading to an arrest and conviction in the slaying of 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan are circulating in Monroe County advertising a $20,000 reward. CrimeStoppers of Michigan is offering an additional $1,000 reward, officials there said.

Article:
http://www.freep.com/article/200910...Detroit-news--Student-is-suspect-in-UDM-theft

Thanks for the links, Angel. I can't believe so many of these children are going without justice. I just hate this!

This case is interesting to me because this little girl disappeared the day after my birthday, on my niece's birthday, and she was found on my daughter's birthday. All that time I was traveling and checking the cable shows every night for information. She went missing and was found during my 24-day road trip. So this case is special to me.

It also infuriates me that the mother of this child subjected her to sex offenders. :furious: Where is the common sense?

respectfully snipped
It also infuriates me that the mother of this child subjected her to sex offenders. :furious: Where is the common sense?

This is a terribly upsetting situation. Just watched the video link Angel provided of Nevaeh's grandmother, Sherry who appears quite visibly tormented by her loss.
http://www.wxyz.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=23296@wxyz.dayport.com

I too want to know, where's the Momma who is responsible for putting Neveah in harms way!!!:furious::furious::furious:

I am surprised the community of Monroe is not being more vocal about the fact that a killer may be loose in their neighborhood. Why are they not calling the Mayor and/or City Council? Why are not demanding that more resources be used to solve this murder?

Salem

*Much more at link!

Nevaeh's family waits
October 16. 2009 12:11PM
<snipped>
Monroe County Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield acknowledges that throughout the case he has kept certain information secret. Details known by detectives are not being released, even to family members.

The complete autopsy results still have not been released. The family knows that Nevaeh died of asphyxiation and possibly was buried alive, but she might have been unconscious at the time.

Jennifer Buchanan said she was told her daughter's body had no signs of trauma or sexual assault. The only substance in her system was caffeine, probably from pop. Forensic results showed she did not have any drug in her system.

Sherry said she hoped to obtain some hair for a locket or to see the striped red, white and blue shirt Nevaeh was last seen wearing. But nothing has been released.

Jennifer Buchanan, who was reserved and cautious during the interview, said she lives with her mother in the Charlotte Arms apartments where the abduction occurred and has been looking for work. She said nothing good has come from the situation.

She said she tries to maintain a low profile but some people in the community still blame her.

"People notice me," she said. "They point, they whisper to each other. They can be cruel. I don't let it bother me."

A headstone, flowers and several gift items adorn the gravesite of Nevaeh Buchanan in St. Joseph Cemetery.
bilde

Article:
http://www.monroenews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091016/NEWS01/710169986/-1/NEWS

I read through the first 8 pages of this thread carefully to see if I saw any mention of this article again. I also looked on the last 2 to see if JK is still on anyone's radar and I can't tell if he is or isn't. In any event, in my reading this particular sentence jumped off the screen right at me

Kennedy: I Don't Know Where Nevaeh Is
Kennedy Speaks Out To Toledo Paper
POSTED: Thursday, June 4, 2009
UPDATED: 2:00 pm EDT June 4, 2009
<snipped>
Thirty-nine-year-old George Kennedy told The Blade of Toledo, Ohio, in an interview published Thursday he went to look for Nevaeh Buchanan after hearing from her mother she had gone missing.

He said after his friend Jennifer Buchanan told him her daughter was missing he drove with his girlfriend, Savannah Gray, to Nevaeh's preschool and continued to search other areas.

He told the paper that he met Nevaeh's mother two years ago at the parole office. He said he formed a friendship with her out of loneliness.

"I am 39 years old. I don't want to grow old by myself. I just want a companion and to be happy. If they got a kid, I don't have a problem with that and helping them raise kids. I ain't preying on women to be with their kids," he said.

"I was a father figure to that little girl," he said. "Because I am a sex offender it doesn't mean I have to bury myself under a rock. I have no regrets about knowing Nevaeh, her mother, or grandmother. I care about them a lot."

Article:
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/19657784/detail.html

Weird? Slip of the tongue? Means nothing? I don't know, but I wanted to note it before I forgot since I'm short on time.

We did notice and post about that "odd" coincidence.

Halloween program to honor Nevaeh
October 23. 2009 10:52AM
<snipped>
Held at the Riverside Early Learning Center at W. Elm Ave. and N. Roessler St., the event will be begin at 1 p.m. and is expected to last about two hours.

Organizers will be carrying signs outside, weather permitting, to promote safety and justice for Nevaeh Buchanan, who was kidnapped and killed this summer. Nevaeh was a student at the Early Learning Center.

Officials from Monroe County Mental Health will present "Safety Starts at Home." The assembly is expected to serve as a reminder to parents that, with Halloween coming, they need to make certain there is a responsible adult with trick-or-treating children at all times.

Article:
http://www.monroenews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091023/NEWS01/710239994/-1/NEWS

I'm sad that little angel Nevaeh isn't here to enjoy Halloween or any other up coming holidays anymore! :( I'm wondering why hasn't there been an arrest in this case...LE made it seem that they had so much evidence that was buried with her. What is taking them so long to find the monster that did this. I don't want to see this become another cold case that goes unsolved. Neveah deserves justice...what happened to her was horriable. Not to mention that this happened 15 minutes from my home! I want whoever is responsible to pay for what they did ASAP!

:rose: "Rest In Peace Monroe's Angel Nevaeh!" :rose:

(snipped)
"Jennifer Buchanan said she was told her daughter's body had no signs of trauma or sexual assault. The only substance in her system was caffeine, probably from pop. Forensic results showed she did not have any drug in her system."[/B]

How can there be no sign of trauma or drugs in her system? That implies she went to the river & poured concrete over herself. It's a disgrace that they haven't released her body for burial. What more can the ME get from her body?

(snipped)
"Jennifer Buchanan said she was told her daughter's body had no signs of trauma or sexual assault. The only substance in her system was caffeine, probably from pop. Forensic results showed she did not have any drug in her system."[/B]

How can there be no sign of trauma or drugs in her system? That implies she went to the river & poured concrete over herself. It's a disgrace that they haven't released her body for burial. What more can the ME get from her body?

snipped from post 242

"In the meantime, Nevaeh's closed casket funeral will be held Saturday at Luke's church. The Wayne County Medical Examiner's Office released her body to the funeral home Wednesday, saying in a statement that the cause of death has not yet been determined."

I see still no new players to look at. This case saddens me to no end, and I still don't see GK as having played a role.
I wonder what the perp's sense of safety is...how close he is to doing this again since he's gotten away with it so far :(

The charts pointed quite convincingly to involvement by both George K. and Roy S. (See beginning pages of this thread.)

Despite the fact no charges were pressed nor accusations made, I notice no other young child in the area has gone missing since GK and RS were locked up....

As far as Neveah not being molested prior to the murder, that is not what the charts testified.

Thanks,
Soulscape

Safety vigil planned for Nevaeh
Teachers remember Nevaeh Buchanan
Updated: Sunday, 25 Oct 2009, 12:47 PM EDT
Published : Friday, 23 Oct 2009, 10:27 PM EDT
<snipped>
Teachers hope to honor the memory of a little girl missing from their classroom this year. A special vigil is planned for Sunday at Riverside Learning Center in Monroe, Mich., to honor Nevaeh Buchanan.

The vigil for Nevaeh is on Sunday from 1-3 p.m. at Riverside School. The public in encouraged to attend.

Meanwhile, a $20,000 reward is now being offered for information leading to an arrest and conviction of Nevaeh's murderer. Monroe County detectives say they are working the case every day with help from the FBI but they have not received any new information in quite some time.

*NOTE: Video Included In Article!

Article:
http://www.foxtoledo.com/dpp/news/local/Safety_vigil_planned_Oct23_2009_HM
Event Honors Nevaeh Buchanan
Event Includes Safety Presentation For Parents
POSTED: Sunday, October 25, 2009
UPDATED: 7:05 pm EDT October 25, 2009
<snipped>
Protesters marched at Riverside Early Learning Center in Monroe with signs and pictures of Buchanan, who vanished Memorial Day weekend.

&#8220;Whoever did this to my little girl should turn himself in. We&#8217;re still hurting very very much," said Buchanan's father, Shane Hinojosa. "Just turn yourself in. That would be the best bet you can do."

Police have no suspects in her murder.

Article:
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/21421063/detail.html
Nevaeh group offers event on child safety
Caution urged for Halloween; tips still sought
Article published October 26, 2009
<snipped>
Mr. Hinojosa said he can see Nevaeh in his daughter, who was born Sept. 23 and shares similar features including the color of her hair, eyes, and eyebrows. Although five months have passed since Nevaeh disappeared, he remains confident authorities will catch her killer.

"They'll get caught sooner or later - it just takes time I guess," he said.

Also present was Nevaeh's grandmother, Sherry Buchanan, who lived with the girl and said that the emotional wounds have yet to heal. If she catches a glimpse of even a photo of a young girl that looks like Nevaeh, she said she has to look away.

"The only thing that keeps me going is those good people here at Riverside, the people where I work at Food Town, and my son," she said. "My sister is hurting so bad she can't stand it. She cries every time she turns around."

VIEW: The disappearance of Neveah (photos, stories and video)
http://toledoblade.com/assets/swf/TO6692867.SWF

Article:
http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091026/NEWS16/910260334/-1/NEWS24
Nevaeh's family stresses safety
October 27. 2009 10:58AM
<snipped>
It has been five months since Nevaeh was abducted from her N. Macomb St. apartment complex. She was later discovered in a shallow grave near the River Raisin.

"We want justice. We hope the police will find the person who did this to her," Mrs. Elliotte said. "We're not giving up hope."

Since the abduction, Nevaeh's mother, Jennifer, has been under scrutiny about the case and possible involvement. Her mother, Sherry Buchanan, does not believe she has anything to do with the crime.

"I wouldn't be standing by her if I thought she had anything to do with this. I know in my heart she was not involved," she said. "I wish the people of Monroe County would stop blaming her. The police need to find the real person who did this."

Article:
http://www.monroenews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091026/NEWS01/710269979/-1/NEWS

Friends and family gather 6 months after Nevaeh's disappearance
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
<snipped>
Last night friends and family marked six months since five-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan disappeared from her apartment complex in Monroe. A dozen family members and friends gathered at the playground outside Riverside School in Monroe where Nevaeh was a student. They lit candles and held signs next to the bench built in the five-year-old's honor. Family members worry not only about the investigation, but that people in the community are forgetting about their little girl.

A few persons of interest were named in the case but still no one has been charged with little Nevaeh's kidnapping or murder. The Monroe County Sheriff's Department continues to follow up on leads.

Video: Friends and family gather 6 months after Nevaeh's disappearance
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/video?id=7137929

Article:
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=7137930
*Sorry no link for this info below I watched last night on my local news!

Fox Detroit2 & Local 7 news reported that Jennifer B. was evicted from her apartment & has disconnected her phone #. She has fallen off the grid & the media can't find a new phone # for her. Nevaeh's father nor was JB at the vigil last night. They have been unable to find where she is staying at this time. Nevaeh's father's side was the only ones at the vigil last night, her grandmother & grandmother where at it.

I will keep checking to see if one of these media links add the video & info from last night's news report!

Family seeks answers in Nevaeh's murder
Sunday, October 25, 2009 at 6:26 p.m
<snipped>
The family of Nevaeh Buchanan say they will not rest until the killer of the 5-year-old child is brought to justice.

Nevaeh's father Shane Hinojosa said the recent birth of his daughter was bittersweet. "My new daughter was born and it was kind of hard for me to deal with that because she has some distinct features of Nevaeh," Mr. Hinojosa said.

Rev. Dale Hayford, who is a friend of the family issued an appeal to the killer to surrender. "There's going to be no peace in their heart or life until they deal with this; my door is open and I am here to pray for this person, I am praying for them daily," Rev Hayford said.

Article:
http://www.toledoonthemove.com/news/story.aspx?id=367465
Number of area missing persons in the hundreds
Thursday, November 19, 2009 at 5:09 p.m.
<snipped>
It is hard to use a word like 'grateful' in the context of missing persons, but it's a word more than one detective in Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan would feel comfortable with.

They are grateful cases like those of Neveah Buchanan, Cindy Sumner, and Jennifer Shively don't happen a lot.

In Ottawa County, the Jennifer Shively investigation is the only active case like it.

The same goes for Monroe County in Southeast Michigan where missing person&#8217;s detectives are focusing all their efforts on finding five year old Neveah Buchanan's killer.

He says he'll keep doing his best to find his 130 missing people before any of them end up like Neveah Buchanan, Cindy Sumner, or Jennifer Shively.

Photos: Number of area missing persons in the hundreds
http://www.toledoonthemove.com/news/photos.aspx?id=379809

Video: Number of area missing persons in the hundreds 2:30
http://www.toledoonthemove.com/news/video.aspx?id=379809

Article:
http://www.toledoonthemove.com/news/story.aspx?id=379809
What to do if your loved one goes missing
Friday, November 20, 2009 at 4:03 p.m
<snipped>
They knock on doors, make phone calls, and conduct interviews, but if you are a loved one of a missing person, they say you have a job to do as well.

In each situation, the family and friends of the missing person did a lot of good, pro-active things to help in the investigation.

While Neveah Buchanan was missing, the family made up flyers and held rallies.

In Jennifer Shively's case, police found her body before anyone reported her missing, but even then the family held a press conference asking for the public's help in finding her killer.

Even though Neveah, Cindy, and Jennifer ended up dead, the search is not over.

There are still at least three killers out there who police, parents, and the public have to work together to catch.

rip.jpg

Video: What to do if your loved one goes missing
http://www.toledoonthemove.com/news/video.aspx?id=380304

Article:
http://www.toledoonthemove.com/news/story.aspx?id=380304

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online