OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this might kida clear things up. Apparently there is no animal control in latimer county. Good to know. I thought all counties had animal control. Guess not. At this point Oklahoma continues to make me scratch my head.

What? Well where do there homeless animals go ? Or then ones police have to take because of crimes or dog bites or rabies ? Somebody in that damn place handles those issues even if they are a shared dept of some other sort or dual county.
I meant to call today and check into animal laws because the interent was turning up very little except they will take your dog if it isnt secure to you property .

This guy might be able to find out who handles those issues in oklahoma and what the proper method of giving ones dog away to someone else might be.

OKLAHOMA
Oklahoma Animal Control Association
Robert Sands, President
P.O. Box 646
Stillwater, OK 74076-0646
580-761-0130

Oklahoma...O-K! (as opposed to quite good, great, sterling, excellent beyond compare, etc. etc.)

I'm still trying to figure out where the dog was during the alleged several days it wasn't in the truck ripping open bags of chips.

I suspect the pup wouldn't have smelled the chips inside airtight foil packaging. I'll try a little test this week to see if my dogs (incorrigble food addicts who will even eat week-old greasy napkins from McDs) will rip into an unopened bag of chips and let you know.

I suspect the pup wouldn't have smelled the chips inside airtight foil packaging. I'll try a little test this week to see if my dogs (incorrigble food addicts who will even eat week-old greasy napkins from McDs) will rip into an unopened bag of chips and let you know.

Good idea. Wondered about this. Dogs, though, are supposed to have senses of smell roughly, what, 10,000 times (exaggeration) stronger than our own. My dog, as a pup, would, just on general principles, attempt to eat through about anything (viz., gnawing on wooden futon) to find the sustenance therein. Were the snacks in the truck indeed unopened and factory sealed?

Good idea. Wondered about this. Dogs, though, are supposed to have senses of smell roughly, what, 10,000 times (exaggeration) stronger than our own. My dog, as a pup, would, just on general principles, attempt to eat through about anything (viz., gnawing on wooden futon) to find the sustenance therein. Were the snacks in the truck indeed unopened and factory sealed?

Wfgodot, I heard the other day that a dog's sense of smell is 6,000 times better than a humans. But you know, there are times I can not open a bag of chips without scissors.

I still think Maizy was in the truck the whole time.

Wfgodot, I heard the other day that a dog's sense of smell is 6,000 times better than a humans. But you know, there are times I can not open a bag of chips without scissors.

I still think Maizy was in the truck the whole time.

Me too on the chips and scissors. I occasionally will try to hack through with a knife (bad idea) if I can't find my scissors.

I'm with you on the 'bad-idea-to-use-a knife-to-open-a bag-of-chips'. Opening any kind of plastic packaging with a knife seems like it never ends well. ;)

But let's say the bag was already open, and partially eaten. And then whatever human was eating from this bag didn't have one of those clip-y things to tighten it up with- you'd just roll the top up, right? I would. So no scent isolation there, or even the need for a dogs' better nose.

If you were a very, very, very hungry dog...would you be able to resist an open bag of food?

Maybe this dog is smell-challenged? (Not trying to be funny, there. Seriously thinking about that now.)

And sillybilly: I did test this theory on my own. Didn't fly, and chips were eaten LOL. Please let me know how your test run goes. :)

I'm with you on the 'bad-idea-to-use-a knife-to-open-a bag-of-chips'. Opening any kind of plastic packaging with a knife seems like it never ends well. ;)

But let's say the bag was already open, and partially eaten. And then whatever human was eating from this bag didn't have one of those clip-y things to tighten it up with- you'd just roll the top up, right? I would. So no scent isolation there, or even the need for a dogs' better nose.

If you were a very, very, very hungry dog...would you be able to resist an open bag of food?

Maybe this dog is smell-challenged? (Not trying to be funny, there. Seriously thinking about that now.)

And sillybilly: I did test this theory on my own. Didn't fly, and chips were eaten LOL. Please let me know how your test run goes. :)

I think I want that first paragraph on my tombstone: "Bad idea to open plastic packaging with a knife / wfgodot 1954-2010 / Bled to death after sustaining severe gash during frenzied attempt at opening Fig Newtons."

If the chips were open and the dog didn't have a go at them, then the dog had not been in the truck for any length of time (CONJECTURE!).

My dog is ignoring my own experiment to see if he'll attempt to open a dollar store bag of chips; currently sleeping in sunshine instead. Perhaps miffed at inexpensive nature of chips in experiment.

I think I want that first paragraph on my tombstone: "Bad idea to open plastic packaging with a knife / wfgodot 1954-2010 / Bled to death after sustaining severe gash during frenzied attempt at opening Fig Newtons."

If the chips were open and the dog didn't have a go at them, then the dog had not been in the truck for any length of time (CONJECTURE!).

My dog is ignoring my own experiment to see if he'll attempt to open a dollar store bag of chips; currently sleeping in sunshine instead. Perhaps miffed at inexpensive nature of chips in experiment.

Perhaps miffed; but check your dog to be sure he is breathing, because otherwise he will not resist chips for long. He is likely just solar-charging, and will find and eat bag of cheap dollar store chips in short order.

I'm thinking, before a week or so is up anyway.

(BTW: that is an excellent idea for a headstone. I'm just gonna have mine say "Fig Newton."
People can make what they will of it.)

<If the chips were open and the dog didn't have a go at them, then the dog had not been in the truck for any length of time (CONJECTURE!).>

Or the chips had not been in the truck for any length of time.

One or the other- but not both, IMO.

(And just for the record- 'chips' is now short for "anyopencontaineroffoodinanenclosedvehiclewithahungrydoginside" :) )

<If the chips were open and the dog didn't have a go at them, then the dog had not been in the truck for any length of time (CONJECTURE!).>

Or the chips had not been in the truck for any length of time.

One or the other- but not both, IMO.

(And just for the record- 'chips' is now short for "anyopencontaineroffoodinanenclosedvehiclewithahungrydoginside" :) )

I finally gave up on my experiment after Bobbles showed no interest whatsoever in the chips. (I then stabbed at the packaging with a pen and thus managed to rip it open, and ate them myself. No injuries to report!)

"Chips" hereby assumes an aprocryphal standing in the Jamison mystery, both esoteric and possibly spurious.

I finally gave up on my experiment after Bobbles showed no interest whatsoever in the chips. (I then stabbed at the packaging with a pen and thus managed to rip it open, and ate them myself. No injuries to report!)

"Chips" hereby assumes an aprocryphal standing in the Jamison mystery, both esoteric and possibly spurious.

Three conjectures here:

1) Bobbles is not really a dog.

2) You waited not quite long enough to affirm Bobbles dog-iness. A dna test may be required for this, if Bobbles is not still breathing.

3) You ate chips that were not really chips, and you will be shortly ill.

(ps- glad you used a pen and not a knife. Thus, no injuries.)

Three conjectures here:

1) Bobbles is not really a dog.

2) You waited not quite long enough to affirm Bobbles dog-iness. A dna test may be required for this, if Bobbles is not still breathing.

3) You ate chips that were not really chips, and you will be shortly ill.

(ps- glad you used a pen and not a knife. Thus, no injuries.)

Smell-wise, Bobbles may not in fact be the sharpest tool in the shed (he's walked by rabbits within ten yards half-a-dozen times and failed to note the possibility of dining on lapin à la cocotte); Maizy might also be affected by this condition, which I believe, to give it its proper Latin designation, is referred to as "toolus non sharpus in shedii non est smellus."

Mtrooper stated earlier that the Jamisons ate breakfast in Porum, two days in a row. There could have been leftovers in a container from the second day.

Mtrooper stated earlier that the Jamisons ate breakfast in Porum, two days in a row. There could have been leftovers in a container from the second day.

Porum - population approx 750 - would appear to have a Mel's Diner, a Country Kitchen, and a Last Feeding Trough Cafe. I wonder which the Jamisons used, and what clues might lie therein.

Porum - population approx 750 - would appear to have a Mel's Diner, a Country Kitchen, and a Last Feeding Trough Cafe. I wonder which the Jamisons used, and what clues might lie therein.

That's exactly what I was thinking, wfgodot.

One year later, and no answers yet. Hope wherever you are, you're at peace, Jamison's.

My goal today: make repeated attempts to get NCMEC info updated on Madyson. An age progression would be nice.

So far, the only anniversary article in OK newspapers:

Friday vigil set for missing Eufaula family

McALESTER &#8212; Today marks one year since the Bobby Jamison family has been missing &#8212; but family members and friends have not given up hope of finding them.
---
To help keep their names before the public, family and friends of the Jamisons&#8217; plan a candlelight vigil at 8 p.m. on Friday at Posey Park in Eufaula.
---
&#8220;We used the drones and took hundreds of pictures,&#8221; Latimer County Sheriff Israel Beauchamp said at the time.

&#8220;We came up with nothing.&#8221;
---

and more, at
http://mcalesternews.com/local/x1644185402/Friday-vigil-set-for-missing-Eufaula-family

The Jamisons perhaps were seeking to leave the grid of logic itself.

You have a way with words, wfgodot. ;)

I smelled chips, so I meanered back over to this thread. I hadn't checked in on the Jamison's in a while. I see there's been some very sophisticated science experiments underway.

On a more serious note, it's been one whole year.....and nadda. (and nadda on Joe Neff and nadda on Jody Rilee Wilson) :(

Oklahoma sure seems like it's own world. This quote brought it home to me as to how different it is from my world:

Deer season for archers started October 1st; for muzzleloaders, it's October 23-31st; for guns, it will be November 20-December 5th.

So far, the only anniversary article in OK newspapers:

Friday vigil set for missing Eufaula family

McALESTER — Today marks one year since the Bobby Jamison family has been missing — but family members and friends have not given up hope of finding them.
---
To help keep their names before the public, family and friends of the Jamisons’ plan a candlelight vigil at 8 p.m. on Friday at Posey Park in Eufaula.
---
“We used the drones and took hundreds of pictures,” Latimer County Sheriff Israel Beauchamp said at the time.

“We came up with nothing.”
---

and more, at
http://mcalesternews.com/local/x1644185402/Friday-vigil-set-for-missing-Eufaula-family

At least that article/picture of Madyson shows her getting her hair done...so at least people reading it know she's not a natural blond.
Kids change a lot in a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member