Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 3 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have a feeling IF she left it was because she was scared of SF.....
I just have a feeling that would make most sense to me with the SF's comment "get your butt home" as if he is upset and knows exactly why she left and now her bio dad making the public plea letting her know he is better,he'll be there for her,he'll protect her....just IMO and a feeling I have....

I am going back to FB and find where someone had posted finding Cc /regarding age & being in chat & games.
It was on one of the search for CC pages, the one where people were asking about coming to search & LE was taking names for volunteer searchers if needed, if anyone else runs across it

I am still curious what we know about the other family where Celina had spent the night. Is this also the same family friend who made a 2nd 911 call?

Thread 3 already...I was hoping we wouldn't need a thread 3 :( I'm just catching up again. Glad that we heard from her bio dad today and that he's apparently in better health that he was earlier on.

I don't really have any thoughts or theories to add that haven't already been discussed by all you wonderful sleuths. I just wanted to throw in a FWIW here.

Regarding the family not talking to the media...I don't find it that odd for LE to tell them not to or for them not to want to, especially in these parts. Many people up here have "old school" mentalities when it comes to public attention and media...they're quite cynical about it. They don't always see the media as a tool to be used to their advantage but rather as a bunch of nosy busy bodies feeding the minds of the curious public who can't stand not knowing all the latest gossip. It's not just here, but it's also like that in many of the more rural communities where people are still more tightly rooted to the old ways than others in larger more progressive communities. They were taught to be more reserved and to shy away from large scale attention because "fame" is dangerous to the ego and makes one vulnerable to exploitation.

My Dad and many of my family member from generations before me feel that way and would probably act the same way. When he sees something like this in the news (especially those cases that are plastered all over the news constantly for long periods of time, like with Caylee), he always grumbles about how the media is a bunch of vultures looking for a story to feed the curious minds of the public, who disguise their nosiness as concern and sympathy. He thinks families would want to be left alone at a time like this (because that's how he would react) and that media should just let LE do their jobs. He sees it as exploiting people for entertainment during a time when they're fragile. Even if it was his kid/grandkid he would probably still feel that starting his own public crusade would not be helpful. He would likely feel that beyond cooperating with LE that there was nothing he could do and it was in their hands. Unfortunately, he and many others I know, were raised to feel powerless as common citizens, and were taught to let LE and the professionals handle things like this. People weren't made to feel as empowered decades and generations ago as they are today.

And he can't understand why people like us would want to hear about such horrible things constantly and sees it as "dwelling" on things. He thinks we're just obsessed with the sensationalism of these stories. He says it's the same as when people drive by an accident and can't look away because they just have to know what's going on. He feels most people don't do it out of concern, but rather out of nosiness and that they don't "need" to know what happened because it's not their business. If he's around when I watch the news or NG, JVM, etc...he's always saying "Why do you want to keep hearing about such sad things? I want to think happy thoughts." He doesn't understand how we can listen to such horrible details and not need to change the channel. He doesn't realize that ignoring horrible things doesn't make them go away, not happen, or keep them from happening in his life. And he especially despises people like NG and JVM and thinks they are "drama queens" who over-exaggerate things and exploit people's personal tragedies for ratings. Honestly, I have to admit, I think he's somewhat right with that last thought.

And unfortunately, many LE feel that way too, and not just in areas like this. I have a BA in Criminal justice, though I don't actually work in the field...and I can remember many class discussions and professor warnings (our professors did have years of experience in the field before teaching) about the negative affects media coverage (especially too much) and how it can often do more harm than good for a case. I somewhat agree with that...and I think we've all seen those negative effects with cases like Casey Anthony, the first OJ trial, and many other cases that became high-profile. You'll notice the most high-profile cases almost always result in acquittals or mistrials...and I don't think it's just because many of the defendants in these cases are well off financially (though it doesn't help matters). I believe a lot of it is because of the high levels of media coverage that make it impossible to find a jury of 12 people who haven't already made up their mind or heard so much stuff that they CAN"T make up their mind.

I'm not saying this is the case with CC's family, just that it's possible IMO. It could also be why they have put up no trespassing signs...because they might feel like people's intentions aren't genuine and that the media/public don't want to help, they just want to be nosy. I think it's important for us to remember that not everybody thinks/feels the same ways we do about the media. We understand that gray area...where we are aware of the potential dangers of media involvement but we also know that media coverage and public involvement can be helpful if done properly. Unfortunately not everybody understands that.

Of course I haven't counted out that maybe the SF's schizophrenia is more the reason for the paranoia...and they're all just nutso and one/some of them are possibly involved. I also haven't counted out that maybe LE told them not to because LE feels the way I just described. And I've even considered that maybe LE told them not to because they have shown to have a poor ability to speak and say the right things in the few limited dealings they had with media in the beginning...and maybe LE believes their speaking will do more harm than good. I just don't know anymore. I wish we had some answers but I just keep hoping that LE knows more than us and more than they're telling us. Unfortunately it doesn't help all of us here that are genuinely trying to help.

Yes her Daddy spoke.

He said they are all wondering where his daughter is.
He said if Celina can hear him, that Daddy is okay now. He is recovering and he wants her to come home.
He asked anyone who might know anything to please call.
He thanked everyone for their time.

He looked exhausted.

I'm sure the video will be up later. Him talking is the biggest news in her case a while.

http://www.wmur.com/index.html

I just saw the video.
http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/28722535/detail.html

And for obvious reasons, people don't leave alive without their shoes. Perps seem to forget about the shoes and have to scramble for a made up description. Some husbands have even claimed women left barefoot. In the Hailey Dunn case it's black shoes, pink shoes, black flip flops, etc. etc.

From memory,and I could be mistaken, I read that she was wearing some kind of blue shoes. I know when I read the description that they sounded like streeet shoes.Outdoor shoes. The report I read definately did not describe the shoes as flip flops.

I had originally mentioned her shoes and pullover because it was stated earlier that LE believed that she had slept in her bed at some point that night. But, she was described as last seen wearing the pink blouse and pink pullover with blue shorts. And shoes.

When I think of it, what if someone came in while she was still dressed,and there was a struggle,which resulted in her bedclothes being pulled around.Making it look like she had been sleeping in her bed ? IDK...MOO

It is upthread. Supposedly a person in charge of some chatroom ( do chatrooms have someone like a moderator ? ) stated that Celina gave her age as 16,18 and 20. I'm not familiar with chatrooms,but that was what I read.Go back a bit and you will see it...MOO

I read it too... it was an owner of one of the very 1st "Find Celina" -support Facebook pages.
She said that she was able to go way back & she saw that Celina had posted her age as 16 & 20,
but couldn't tell with whom she was chatting.

I just went to look, but got tired. The owner/MOD was Renee Anders or something like that and a
very pretty blonde. She was telling others what to do in helping to find CC... prayers, posters, etc...
& just giving support to those who were writing on the wall.

Tried to find this case on Websleuths, but didn't. This is in MO. It is about a 13 yr. old who searched for someone online, etc. to take her away from her situation. Thankfully, she was found alive.

http://articles.kspr.com/2011-07-17/safe-place_29785556

She made multiple attempts to be picked up by strangers possibly via phone, text, Internet and/or Facebook.

In attempts to be picked up from her home, it is known that Layton had contact with at least one sex offender.

Thread 3 already...I was hoping we wouldn't need a thread 3 :( I'm just catching up again. Glad that we heard from her bio dad today and that he's apparently in better health that he was earlier on.

I don't really have any thoughts or theories to add that haven't already been discussed by all you wonderful sleuths. I just wanted to throw in a FWIW here.

Regarding the family not talking to the media...I don't find it that odd for LE to tell them not to or for them not to want to, especially in these parts. Many people up here have "old school" mentalities when it comes to public attention and media...they're quite cynical about it. They don't always see the media as a tool to be used to their advantage but rather as a bunch of nosy busy bodies feeding the minds of the curious public who can't stand not knowing all the latest gossip. It's not just here, but it's also like that in many of the more rural communities where people are still more tightly rooted to the old ways than others in larger more progressive communities. They were taught to be more reserved and to shy away from large scale attention because "fame" is dangerous to the ego and makes one vulnerable to exploitation.

My Dad and many of my family member from generations before me feel that way and would probably act the same way. When he sees something like this in the news (especially those cases that are plastered all over the news constantly for long periods of time, like with Caylee), he always grumbles about how the media is a bunch of vultures looking for a story to feed the curious minds of the public, who disguise their nosiness as concern and sympathy. He thinks families would want to be left alone at a time like this (because that's how he would react) and that media should just let LE do their jobs. He sees it as exploiting people for entertainment during a time when they're fragile. Even if it was his kid/grandkid he would probably still feel that starting his own public crusade would not be helpful. He would likely feel that beyond cooperating with LE that there was nothing he could do and it was in their hands. Unfortunately, he and many others I know, were raised to feel powerless as common citizens, and were taught to let LE and the professionals handle things like this. People weren't made to feel as empowered decades and generations ago as they are today.

And he can't understand why people like us would want to hear about such horrible things constantly and sees it as "dwelling" on things. He thinks we're just obsessed with the sensationalism of these stories. He says it's the same as when people drive by an accident and can't look away because they just have to know what's going on. He feels most people don't do it out of concern, but rather out of nosiness and that they don't "need" to know what happened because it's not their business. If he's around when I watch the news or NG, JVM, etc...he's always saying "Why do you want to keep hearing about such sad things? I want to think happy thoughts." He doesn't understand how we can listen to such horrible details and not need to change the channel. He doesn't realize that ignoring horrible things doesn't make them go away, not happen, or keep them from happening in his life. And he especially despises people like NG and JVM and thinks they are "drama queens" who over-exaggerate things and exploit people's personal tragedies for ratings. Honestly, I have to admit, I think he's somewhat right with that last thought.

And unfortunately, many LE feel that way too, and not just in areas like this. I have a BA in Criminal justice, though I don't actually work in the field...and I can remember many class discussions and professor warnings (our professors did have years of experience in the field before teaching) about the negative affects media coverage (especially too much) and how it can often do more harm than good for a case. I somewhat agree with that...and I think we've all seen those negative effects with cases like Casey Anthony, the first OJ trial, and many other cases that became high-profile. You'll notice the most high-profile cases almost always result in acquittals or mistrials...and I don't think it's just because many of the defendants in these cases are well off financially (though it doesn't help matters). I believe a lot of it is because of the high levels of media coverage that make it impossible to find a jury of 12 people who haven't already made up their mind or heard so much stuff that they CAN"T make up their mind.

I'm not saying this is the case with CC's family, just that it's possible IMO. It could also be why they have put up no trespassing signs...because they might feel like people's intentions aren't genuine and that the media/public don't want to help, they just want to be nosy. I think it's important for us to remember that not everybody thinks/feels the same ways we do about the media. We understand that gray area...where we are aware of the potential dangers of media involvement but we also know that media coverage and public involvement can be helpful if done properly. Unfortunately not everybody understands that.

Of course I haven't counted out that maybe the SF's schizophrenia is more the reason for the paranoia...and they're all just nutso and one/some of them are possibly involved. I also haven't counted out that maybe LE told them not to because LE feels the way I just described. And I've even considered that maybe LE told them not to because they have shown to have a poor ability to speak and say the right things in the few limited dealings they had with media in the beginning...and maybe LE believes their speaking will do more harm than good. I just don't know anymore. I wish we had some answers but I just keep hoping that LE knows more than us and more than they're telling us. Unfortunately it doesn't help all of us here that are genuinely trying to help.

I myself being a true New England Yankee understand completely what you are saying. It's just the way it is in much of our area.

I still have a feeling IF she left it was because she was scared of SF.....
I just have a feeling that would make most sense to me with the SF's comment "get your butt home" as if he is upset and knows exactly why she left and now her bio dad making the public plea letting her know he is better,he'll be there for her,he'll protect her....just IMO and a feeling I have....

I supposed the SF's condition could have caused him to be explosive with regard to being verbally/physically punitive, or what he thought was disciplinary. Maybe he didn't approve of her online activities and her choice of music, etc.

is under the age when you are supposed to have an account but I don't really find that itself worrisome. My boys are 13 and have accounts and so do all their friends and so do I and most of the other parents. We can all access our kids accounts and we are friends with them and I routinely go in and check everything they do on line. They are not allowed to delete the cache or history. I check their phones, ipods etc. Being a parent these days can be a little more complicated than when I was a kid. People in rural areas especially rely on the internet. It's really a fact of life and it just needs to be closely monitored and limited like anything else your kids do. Otherwise my two would watch youtube basketball and cute animal videos for hours.

I agree, Ecco, about FB. My younger son is the about same age. He started his FB account at the beginning of the summer when his 15-year-old brother started one. He only has a few friends. The 15-year-old only has 35. The younger one rarely goes and when he does it is to answer quizzes like "What kind of character from Star Wars are you?" Or he posts very short comments to posts by family members.

I don't see anything or anyone suspicious on her FB page.

I myself being a true New England Yankee understand completely what you are saying. It's just the way it is in much of our area.

I'm second generation European American, and raised in NYC. My folks would be the same exact way. I would be trying to use the media, but it isn't like I disagree with the sentiments. The media are vultures, and w/o a person having sophistication and knowing how to handle them, they can and do sensationalize everything they can. And NG is evil IMO. So the parents trying to stay under cover, especially with what the talk is out here, does not strike me as odd.

Has anything new happened?I missed the presser today?I am praying for her safe return!

I just saw it too. AL doesn't look at all like I pictured.
I see both CC & KL looking a bit like him.

AL looked very unstable, poor guy, and as though those around him
were somewhat worried about whether he could do it.

When Jane was speaking, his eyes blinked in time with what she was saying. He seemed to be medicated/sedated....

Despite that I've been able to get a lot of things done today, in between reading & commenting here.... I think I've been here too long.

It's just so easy to get caught up in some cases. This one more than others. Or prolly just because I've got so much more free time on my hands, since I retired. I didn't even spend this much time on the Caylee A case... & I read almost all the doc dumps & followed here, too.

Not a proper Yankee, but this is the sense that I've had as well, at least about the family. I don't know if the FBI personnel would share this distrust of the media, or maybe (if they arent) try to adapt to this attitude instead of trying to force locals - whose cooperation and trust they need - too far out of their comfort zone. But the comments made on FB about the FBI asking someone (forget if it was friend or family) not to say anything except Celina's name & age and that they wanted her home seems to contradict the aversion to media - unless the commenter was wanting to give more info just to a friend, which may have been the case.

When Jane was speaking, his eyes blinked in time with what she was saying.
He seemed to be medicated/sedated....

Despite that I've been able to get a lot of things done today, in between reading
& commenting here.... I think I've been here too long.

It's just so easy to get caught up in some cases. This one more than others.
Or prolly just because I've got so much more free time on my hands, since I retired.
I didn't even spend this much time on the Caylee A case...
& I read almost all the doc dumps & followed here, too, during that case.

I'm second generation European American, and raised in NYC. My folks would be the same exact way. I would be trying to use the media, but it isn't like I disagree with the sentiments. The media are vultures, and w/o a person having sophistication and knowing how to handle them, they can and do sensationalize everything they can. And NG is evil IMO. So the parents trying to stay under cover, especially with what the talk is out here, does not strike me as odd.

No it does not strike me as odd either but what did was the under the blanket thing. Like she was ashamed, that was the feeling I got. Maybe she knew what this SF was all about and that is why she is ashamed?
I do not believe for a minute she did not know about his FB page etc.
I don't know, I think some woman are just desperate and do not want to be alone. Wait. let me rephrase that, I know that some woman are desperate and do not want to be alone because this is not the first time I have seen this. Which means they put their kids second and many times they are young teenage girls or under as in Brooke & Celine's cases.
It is soooooo sad.
Oh I love being alone but that is me. At my age all that is out there is HEAVY BAGGAGE! But you never know I guess.

When Jane was speaking, his eyes blinked in time with what she was saying.
He seemed to be medicated/sedated....

Despite that I've been able to get a lot of things done today, in between reading
& commenting here.... I think I've been here too long.

It's just so easy to get caught up in some cases. This one more than others.
Or prolly just because I've got so much more free time on my hands, since I retired.
I didn't even spend this much time on the Caylee A case...
& I read almost all the doc dumps & followed here, too, during that case.

I was struck, actually, by how he looks EXACTLY like her. It's like, she's a clone except she's feminine and he's masculine. When you look at that basketball pic, and his interview pic, they certainly favor. I wonder about the earlier reporting that he was "very ill". When I think of "very ill", I think of someone who wouldn't be fine in a week. Hmm.

I found the lunchonette on one of the CC missing pages. It looked familiar and I think I have been there.

I am sure the FBI has already gone through every computer thing possible and they removed her page.

I hope the FBI has removed her page. That news the FB page has disappeared with no links to her sister etc. is concerning to-say-the-least. skier

So true elmomom! I like to watch NG sometimes for updates and such...but I can only take her in small doses. She is so rude! You raise a good point too about different cultures and the media. I've seen a few cases here (I"m sure we could all think of a few) where a foreign family's child goes missing and the parents are often no very interactive with the public/media. Especially if they were raised in and spent most of their life in another country and culture before coming to the U.S. or Canada. In many foreign countries people feel about the media the same way I was describing. They haven't been Americanized to the media the way us natives have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆