CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
There must have been a consistent description of this person from the survivors but have never seen one - have followed these cases before.

Did Hrab put out a description?

There must have been a consistent description of this person from the survivors but have never seen one - have followed these cases before.

Did Hrab put out a description?
Not sure if we should created another thread for Felicia and all the other victims (Project Advocate) Found this helpful map and more detailed information at link (as always The Spec doing an awesome job!):
http://www.thespec.com/print/article/737662
21c9044241ef9cf0a12aabce77d8.jpg

I think it would be great to have a thread for Project Advocate - Felicia and all the others included in that investigation deserve it.

Look forward to your first post under that thread Hazel!

Folks, orginially I didn't think much about the vandalism of A's mail box. However, personal experience this summer has led me to think diff. I'll explain.

I live rural, but not quiet as rural as A. There are perhaps hundreds of mail boxes on lawns on my side of the road.

I also happen to live next to crazy people (sorry about my luck)

In the past our mail box has been hit by a snoplough, my girlfriend backing out of our driveway <now that was funny cuz it's a pretty big driveway and to hit the mailbox is one in a thousand! and i think maybe once before it was hit by a beer bottle.

BUT, this summer, so far: Just for set up, my crazy neighbour has 2 mailboxes on their lawn, theirs and the peeps across the street. Same as us, ours and our neighbours across the street.

The first time our FOUR mailboxes were just knocked off their posts. Although you could look up and down and see not one other mail box touched.

the second time, our THREE mailboxes were knocked off and the crazy guy next doors was sort of mutilated (although he is the only one with a metal box ours are all plastic) so I just shrugged.

The third time, our THREE mail boxes were knocked off and the crazy guy next doors post and mail box was obliterated!

AND IT'S NOT ME DOINIT just for the record....sooooooooooooooooo I'm kinda thinkin...maybe not so much of a koinkidink afterall....or maybe I just read too much on here LOL!

Do we know if A always locked her home when she went out. With the time of year being between xmas and new year, breakins are frequent and sometimes I think about A, maybe just going out for ten minutes to pick something up, leaving her doors unlocked and then upon return, the perp had entered her home ... motive ... robbery. There was no forced entry. A may have encountered perp, as soon as she entered her garage.

The only thing that puzzles me about this scenario is the dogs. Had A already put them in their cages before stepping out for a few minutes.

Just thoughts and imo.

"Georgetown senior held hostage for hours
A knife-wielding man held an 87-year-old woman hostage in her Georgetown home for hours and assaulted her Thursday before police subdued him with a Taser.

Halton Regional Police received a 911 call for help around 2:15 p.m. Thursday from a woman who said she was trapped in her home with a would-be thief.

Detective Sergeant Nick Milinovich said a man broke into the home around 8 a.m. and took the 87-year-old homeowner captive around 10 a.m. after she found him trying to steal unidentified items in the house.

The woman was held against her will for more than four hours by the man, whom she didn&#8217;t know, before managing to call for help"

http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/752500--georgetown-senior-held-hostage-for-hours

Why are these animals always "too crazy" to know what they are doing, yet not so crazy that they know to watch and wait for a victim or run away afterwards?!

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2012/06/29/19936321.html
"Her son&#8217;s house backs onto a ravine, with plenty of forestry around it, and the three of them moved in nine months ago from Brampton.

Pearl said the man &#8220;must have been scoping out the place&#8221; from the woods because he broke in as soon as she was alone. Every time she&#8217;d move to escape, the man would block her way and get angry"

"When the officers couldn&#8217;t gain access from the front door, they went around back and spotted the man kicking Pearl as she lay on the floor.

The officers used their batons to smash the sliding door open. The man grabbed a large kitchen knife and held it to Pearl&#8217;s throat."

Why are these animals always "too crazy" to know what they are doing, yet not so crazy that they know to watch and wait for a victim or run away afterwards?!

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2012/06/29/19936321.html
"Her son’s house backs onto a ravine, with plenty of forestry around it, and the three of them moved in nine months ago from Brampton.

Pearl said the man “must have been scoping out the place” from the woods because he broke in as soon as she was alone. Every time she’d move to escape, the man would block her way and get angry"

"When the officers couldn’t gain access from the front door, they went around back and spotted the man kicking Pearl as she lay on the floor.

The officers used their batons to smash the sliding door open. The man grabbed a large kitchen knife and held it to Pearl’s throat."

OMG, the link is like reading the script from a horror movie. This poor helpless woman. I admire her bravery and her presence of mind to stay calm, until she was able to solicit help.

We all must never let our guard down and why isn't this perp also being charged with stalking. He obviously scoped the comings and goings of the household, it would seem, before making his moves. The penalty for his actions will hopefully be severe. This poor woman is lucky to be alive. This perp is a violent person who has no problem beating on the elderly.

We need his DNA!! Could AG be one of his victims?

Peace be with you Pearl.

IMO

Folks, orginially I didn't think much about the vandalism of A's mail box. However, personal experience this summer has led me to think diff. I'll explain.

I live rural, but not quiet as rural as A. There are perhaps hundreds of mail boxes on lawns on my side of the road.

I also happen to live next to crazy people (sorry about my luck)

In the past our mail box has been hit by a snoplough, my girlfriend backing out of our driveway <now that was funny cuz it's a pretty big driveway and to hit the mailbox is one in a thousand! and i think maybe once before it was hit by a beer bottle.

BUT, this summer, so far: Just for set up, my crazy neighbour has 2 mailboxes on their lawn, theirs and the peeps across the street. Same as us, ours and our neighbours across the street.

The first time our FOUR mailboxes were just knocked off their posts. Although you could look up and down and see not one other mail box touched.

the second time, our THREE mailboxes were knocked off and the crazy guy next doors was sort of mutilated (although he is the only one with a metal box ours are all plastic) so I just shrugged.

The third time, our THREE mail boxes were knocked off and the crazy guy next doors post and mail box was obliterated!

AND IT'S NOT ME DOINIT just for the record....sooooooooooooooooo I'm kinda thinkin...maybe not so much of a koinkidink afterall....or maybe I just read too much on here LOL!

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2012/07/04/19948561.html
That was the first of many times he has tried to reason with the clean-cut, well-dressed teenage boys, who he believes live in the area.

When his house was egged for the first time that summer, Greer didn't think much of it.

But then in November, all four tires were slashed on one of his cars.

"That's when I knew we were being targeted," Greer said.

The partying dissipated last winter, but trouble started up again when the weather warmed up in March and April.

Over the May long weekend, Greer said vandals scratched two of his cars and slashed his tires again.

That same weekend, the playground at a nearby daycare was set on fire, as were bags of lawn clipping along the street and garbage bins at the school.

Greer realized the situation was becoming dangerous and once again called police. It was the first time officers responded to his house.

But Greer said police told him there was little they could do unless they catch the teens in the act of committing a crime"

"

That was the first of many times he has tried to reason with the clean-cut, well-dressed teenage boys, who he believes live in the area.

I heard this guy interviewed on CFRB, and it's unbelievable what he's gone through to try and catch these kids in the act. The sad part is, even if he does/and/or retaliates, it will be him who will be punished. What a shame all he can hope for is these kids grow up and find bigger and better things to do, let's hope they're legit and not stealing cars, robbing banks etc .

I heard this guy interviewed on CFRB, and it's unbelievable what he's gone through to try and catch these kids in the act. The sad part is, even if he does/and/or retaliates, it will be him who will be punished. What a shame all he can hope for is these kids grow up and find bigger and better things to do, let's hope they're legit and not stealing cars, robbing banks etc .

Not only kids engage in this behavior, some may be hired in some cases such as this one in link below (there are others..) Sometimes I wonder if it is to acquire desirable real estate...?
http://www.torontosun.com/2011/11/08/mandel-peace-comes-to-quebec-ave

Meantime, a followup on a earlier posting about an aggresive internet troll and I do not mean LM ,although this also stems from Montreal.
<rsbm>

Long shot here, but an interesting snippet wrt LRM and a possible connection to the Hamilton area ...

Given LRM's fascination with all things Homolka, it is creepy to note that canada411 has a listing for a KH in Hamilton (Note, it is the initial K only). Just wondering if LRM went skulking around the Hamilton area with a view to finding Karla.

Then my mind skips to LRM's affinity for gore and films and the haunting/horror(?) films in the Ancaster area ... and neighbours saying they had seen someone wearing a hoodie and carrying a backpack going down AG's driveway.

I can't recall all our convos wrt the filming in the area, but seem to recall that at one point we were discussing a specific address in a somewhat affluent neighbourhood. Can anyone give me some hints which thread those convos might be in or any specific words that might jog my memory? Pretty please? :)

ETA: These days, it seems memory jogging is the most athletic thing i do ;)

The movie was Cyborg Soldier with Tiffani Thiessen. I thought it was the cemetery next to AG's home where some of the filming took place - do not recall anyone's home being used.

The movie was Cyborg Soldier with Tiffani Thiessen. I thought it was the cemetery next to AG's home where some of the filming took place - do not recall anyone's home being used.

Thanks anyway Woodland, but that wasn't what I had in mind. There is some place where a lot of filming takes place (iirc, to the east of AG's) that is supposedly known for hauntings / ghost stories.

OH, just came up with it ... the Hermitage Ruins is the location i was thinking of. Based on that, i might be able to find our old convos.

To my mind, she knew her victim.
The death scene alone, went according to her perception as to how she would die. And she did!
Only those of whom she confided in would know it!!

Not a passer-by, not a mailbox raider, or destoyer!

She was expecting someone and opened that garage door, which was always locked. Only Audrey had the the ability to open it up on the inside.
If there was a key pad on the outside, and we don't know about that, then someone must have known the code.
That is my opinion.

If her garage door was left open during the day, and she was standing in the garage to have a smoke and go outside, then that may place a stranger at an advantage. However, Audrey would not have had her dogs caged up - they would have been in the garage and ready to go out.

This is my own personal opinion.

DW

1. "Your warm heart and infectious smile and laugh you made me feel welcomed in your home"
This from C.K. from the Memorial Website. Does this mean the bench in the garage, or was this person (and by extension perhaps more people than P.K. or L.V. thought) welcome IN her home. Audrey kept her friend's separate she could also have kept info like this separate so that for example P.K. felt privileged. Is there a possible reason C.K. would want people to think she had been IN Audrey's home? (P.K. certainly seems to have really been in her home in her bedroom, bathroom possibly all her rooms). On the other hand could there be any reason LV would want others believe she had NOT been in Audrey's home other than once? ( I need to pose this rhetorically).

2. Going by M.F.'s mother's obituary the witness MF seems to be a partner or spouse of RV and the R first name is surely a woman's name?
3. I think the motive is financial though this can easily be mingled with hatred or contempt. I think the will is clearly fraudulent (will have to write again about this). I think there was more money possibly lots. The motive is financial. I think the killer knew Audrey very very well and did feel resentment and contempt towards her but that this was summoned up to some extent to rationalize in the killer's mind the kill for money. And yes to make it look like a man. Yes possibly to mimic SV in the eyes of police. I think there is more than one person sharing. And thus there is some hope LE can find the weak link among them. And yes police have already interviewed the killer or killers.
4. I do not think the murderer is likely to be male though on the other had the murderer could have been hired and male.

5. The dogs were drugged for example the meds Audrey bought for her dog could have been tampered with.

6. I agree there was money in the house. I think Audrey was held and possibly tortured until she gave up the location or locations. Or they needed time in the house to find the money hence the messages etc. Some of the people we know of could be dupes not perps P.K. in particular.
7. There could be some other reason for the hatred I do not think we know what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam