FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight on Gretta, Barbara Jones of the Orlando PD, was asked some more questions about the bloodhounds which were used for tracking from Jennifer's car. They used 2 dogs. Gretta was asking her some more specific questions in that regard, BJ said, the dog handlers told her the dogs picked up the 'freshest scent' and went to the parking lot of Jennifer's condo, where Jennifer would park her car.

Nothing about the dog/s going up the walkway or to the door of Jen's condo.

Also discussed was the colors of the person's clothing viewed in the surveilance camera. She said it may appear lighter than it actually is. In addition, BJ noted the person's hair style, maybe the way the hair is cut in the back, and they are visiting some hair shops in the area, to see if they can get any input, and perhaps someone could shed some light on the style ect. or where they might get their hair done.

BJ admitted, she didn't know much about how or what the tracking of the dogs meant in this case. I wish we would hear from the handlers to explain the what/why/where of their venture that day. It has me baffled as why it 'ends' there. Especially if it was someone other than Jennifer's track it was following. Someone goes poof? I don't get it. Or was this a common path Jennifer always traveled? Anyone? thoughts?

I need to get some better pics off some news sites to work from but one thing I think might be a possibility: It appears that part of the still pic they released shows a blurred area due to arm movement and it looks like a watch band on one arm, possibly the right arm but it is hard to say for sure. Also it appears that just maybe there is the tip of a tool that is being carried on the left side towards the road.

Beyond Belief said:
I know all kinds of crazy pictures show up in these images, but this one is the thing in the person hand. I'm not sure what it is, but could be fire extinguisher, a sprinkler head, or even a thermos. I lightened the area around it, but you might have to blow it up.
http://photobucket.com/albums/d179/Kafthy/?action=view&current=carry1.jpg

Nice work with these photos.
What software do you use??

About the poi as workman: If these stills are from the apartment complex, and not Jennifer's condos, how much work is being done at the apartments, if any? This guy may be anyone: a delivery person, salesman, street artist. I'm assuming LE has some other video which places this guy at or near her car which they are not revealing yet. And if we postulate that this poi walked back to the condos, wouldn't someone with a tool belt, crowbar or fire extinguisher look out of place walking on the sidewalk away from any construction??

As far as having keys to Jen's place in the hands of her condo's workmen, now we have her brother and friends to factor in if we postulate she was taken in her condo.

Has any information surface about what brand the shoes are? One shot did looked like turned up pointed toes, then another looked turned up but straight across the front. I defintely have variation showing more than one color. Maybe light color on back of heel.
A layered looked going up the ankle. Socks, then maybe pants with cuff or rolled up.

Using paint shop pro. Trying to touch as little as possible, but lightening the image then brush lightly to see what shows.

Somethings telling me this guy also has a cell phone to his ear, maybe on the other side of his face. If you wanted to establish an alibi, of course you would make a phone call. Probably a call he makes everyday at noon time.

I hope this guy was stupid enough to make some calls on the missing cell phone.

The interview with Jennifer's brother, Logan, on WESH TV (channel 2 news) that aired yesterday evening had me thinking of alternate scenarios.

Apparently Logan had been using & in possession of "a friend's cell phone" that he said he left on Jen's nightstand. When he realized he had left it there - he called her & requested that she 'overnight the phone' to his friend (because it was his fault!) and he gave her the mailing address.

This call to Jen had to have occurred on Monday - probably in the evening. She spoke on the phone with her boyfriend at 10 pm. As brother Logan wanted the phone "overnighted" - I'm wondering if Jennifer didn't attempt to make the relatively short trek out to the airport area where there is a huge Fed Ex, UPS & an extended hours main post office. The plus for that decision is that there is much less traffic & congestion late at night - not to mention no long wait lines for counter help & one's package can be on a plane the same night. I've made that late-nite trek to FedEx a number of times and honestly do not recommend it for any woman all by herself.

If Jen already had the packing materials and proper postage or an acct. with UPS or FedEx - she could have simply gone out and looked for a more localized drop box. Perhaps, that's what she did.

I'm remembering that she did not answer her phone at 9 am - did not have her usual 'before work' conversation with her boyfriend that morning. Somehow - I do not think Jen was abducted from her apt. I think "something happened to her" after she left to mail that cell phone for her brother.

Robbery for drug money? Sexual assault? Murdered - because she fought back? I don't know - I hope not. (Her parents are convinced she's alive!) I do know that there are a lot of unsavory areas out that way that I would never want to traverse alone - but, especially at night.

I'm also wondering why Logan & his friends were staying in Jen's new condo while she was on vacation with her boyfriend?

Where does Logan normally live?

Why was Logan utilizing 'a friend's cell phone'? He doesn't have his own phone??

If he's 'local' - why didn't he go back over to the condo and retrieve the forgotton cell phone on his own & make the effort to mail it back to "his friend"? He clearly said it was 'his fault' that "he" left it there - not that his friend left it there. JMO - but, he sounded rather irresponsible to me.

The family - parents & Logan, are still asking in news conferences here locally that the perpetrator just let Jen go. The latest community search began again this morning at 8:30 - a beautiful morning, great weather. Turned windy & rainy this afternoon and temps are dropping.

The Kesse family interview taped by Larry King Live several days ago (when it was preempted by breaking news of a possible poisonous agent in the attic of a Senate office building) was aired last night in the 9 pm & midnight time slots. It was the first 8 minutes of the program. The 3 am show preempted the Kesse segment altogether as CNN was continuously following the breaking news story of Israeli PM Sharon's most recent setback & surgery.

I'm not aware what the funds are being used for but, the family is requesting donations to the Jennifer Kesse trust fund - at any Bank of America location.

WFTV - (9 Investigates) uncovered information that Orlando based "Child Watch of North America" utilizes 91% of all their donations to cover their own salaries. They (Child Watch) were soliciting donations when I was there last weekend - prior to the "9 Investigates" report being aired. Don't know about now. Will post link later if I can find one.

Edited to add:

I just reviewed the interview Logan gave on a different channel - WFTV. In this 'later' interview - Logan says that his friend left behind the now missing cell phone and he just contacted Jen on Monday evening for her to mail it to his friend. Said Jen would do it the following day. The cell phone was never received by the "friend". So -- who knows which story is factually correct or even if it matters. Either way - Jennifer is still missing. :(

Logan also said Jen had driven back from Ft. Lauderdale on Monday morning & went straight to work - not returning to her condo until that evening. Said that Jen & her boyfriend had been together for about a year and were very much in love. One of the family members (Mom?) said on LKL that Jen & her boyfriend traveled back & forth between Lauderdale & Orlando each weekend - and that "he" was as devastated as they were.

13th Juror

Organization Involved In Missing Woman Search Has Faced Criticism

UPDATED: 5:21 pm EST
February 6, 2006

ORLANDO, Fla. -- 9 Investigates has discovered the group that organized the February 4-5 weekend search for Jennifer Kesse has drawn critical attention from a non-profit watchdog group.

Child Watch of North America is based in Orlando. Records uncovered by Channel 9 show most of the money the group raises pays for salaries, not searches.

Child Watch of North America signed up volunteers to help search for Jennifer Kesse, and founder Don Wood was front and center at some of news conferences.

Thursday, they were even collecting checks for the Jennifer Kesse Search Fund made out to Child Watch of North America. That has since been changed.

A report uncovered by 9 Investigates may make donors to Child Watch think twice.

The Wise Giving Alliance, part of the Better Business Bureau, found Child Watch doesn't meet nine different standards for charitable giving.

The group found there is no board of directors providing oversight, no audited financial statement to inspect and no annual report.

Don Wood said it was not a big deal.

"I don't think it was complaints. It was more suggestions on how we should set up," he said.

The most recent tax return for Child Watch of North America also raises eyebrows at the Wise Giving Alliance. It shows that for every dollar they collected in 2004, 91 cents went to salaries.

Wise Giving said a well-run charity would be about three times that.

Wood said Child Watch lost much of its funding in recent years and it severely affected their finances.

On their Web site, Child Watch lists Staples as a corporate sponsor. A spokeswoman said the relationship ended two years ago.

Wood said his group hasn't been promised money for organizing the Kesse search. He's leaving any contribution to Child Watch up to the Kesse family.

It's important to point out that the Jennifer Kesse Search Fund is being set up and it will be controlled by the family, not by Child Watch of North America.

Also, a family friend sought out the group to help in the search. Child Watch of North America did not approach the Kesses.

13th Juror

This is something I have been worrying about. Since TexasEquuSearch has been in the news so much that smaller organization would start cropping up. Unfortunately, we know that people will use many ways to make money that are not always for the public good. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I am thinking that she either left something in the condo, left the car unlocked while she went back up to retrieve it, or got out to mail the phone, left the car unlocked and someone go in there. Basically this all happened within a mile of her home.

I wish there was more information available about local drop boxes. I think it would serve the investigation well to be searching in those areas.

Beyond Belief said:
Negative. worked on shirt of second photo

I'm not really thinking anything, but this one looks like a 6 on the sleeve and a P on the front of the shirt.
Doc, if your looking at these see if you see anything there. Try using the negative.

http://photobucket.com/albums/d179/Kafthy/?action=view&current=shirt.jpg
I think what you are seeing as a "6" is a mechinism on the gate. If you click to picture 7, you can see it, and to me it looks like it is part of the gate.

Ok.

Does the second camera use the same monitor as the first camera, where you would be seeing close ups intermingled with the distance camera? Lots of unidentified images on this film.

The reflection in the car window looks like the top of a six. That would give a direction of how the reflections are directed. I read this was 1 oclock not 12.

I hope the films reveal his identity soon. I have faith they will.
Going to work.:mad:

As per the local news channels here - the search this weekend took on a different direction.

Volunteer searchers are not scouring the wooded areas, canals, lakes & such. Instead they have been directed to search the roadways and buffer zones along the roads. It's reported that they are looking for anything that may have been thrown out of the car. Discarded items like a purse, wallet, credit cards, cell phone, clothing, whatever ...

Many other volunteers are going house-to-house passing out more flyers.

Police & the Kesse parents said "they were very close to finding her" - whatever that means. They were emphasizing to the perpetrator(s) to release Jennifer now or make contact with them. Sounded very positive that Jen was alive & being held.

News reports said that less than half of the 1100 volunteers returned to the search yesterday. They were hoping for a better turnout today as the weather is cool but really sunny & gorgeous. Temps dropping down to "freezing & below" over most of Florida tonight.

That's all I can specifically remember from last night's TV newscasts.

13th Juror - still praying for Jen & her family

http://www.wesh.com/news/6953952/detail.html

Police Send Message To Public In Kesse Case

Kesse Has Been Missing For 18 Days

POSTED: 10:35 pm EST February 11, 2006
UPDATED: 10:52 pm EST February 11, 2006

ORLANDO -- In the continuing search to find Jennifer Kesse, Orlando police delivered a message to the public on Saturday.

"Now is the time to distance yourself from the person that is responsible," said a police spokesperson.

Orlando police hope this cryptic message will motivate the person who knows what happened to Jennifer Kesse.

"If there are people out there that participated in this, you need to come forward or the deals are going to run out as time goes on," said the spokesperson. estigators hope the ultimatum will persuade anyone with information on the 24-year-old's disappearance to speak up.

-continues

Any ideas on who they questioned, or who they think may be responsible? I'm anxious to find out.

No, CrimeHater - no names of those people questioned or polygraphed have been released to the public.

Police will not say if they are looking for more than one suspect - however, their comments appear to be directed at "someone" who may have been there when Jennifer was abducted and encouraging that person "to do the right thing." Sounds like the LE folks "know something" the rest of us are not privvy to. I sure hope so!

It was reported that LE feels there is a "Volusia County" connection. "An unnamed someone" was just questioned in Volusia Co. yesterday - that took place prior to LE saying at a WESH news conference that "they are very close to finding Jennifer" and (paraphrasing here) that someone's chances would run out if they did not come forward. Sounded ominous and directed to a known person.

Dominos Pizza franchises in this area are now including a "Jennifer Kesse missing flyer" with every pizza delivered or picked up.

An interesting tidbit on this evening's 5:30 WESH newscast ...

Beth Holloway Twitty called Joyce Kesse last night to offer her support. Joyce said that Beth's message was "Never give up hope" and that their new jobs in life were now to find their daughters.

13th Juror

Well, I finally see something, that I know I can't read, but better equipment will be able too. That package/letter has an address on it. I can read the word FROM. and the word TO
I printed it out. Looked like capital ? small letters t or ll Last J or Y or G cursive,a e, i, o, or u, then y or g. Just example. "Russell Gray or Jay" "Worrell Jay" , You probably won't be able to see this, put the general place to look.
http://photobucket.com/albums/d179/Kafthy/?action=view&current=address.jpg

I think its going to Tipton or something that Tipt... Maybe Georgia.

11 PM EST - WFTV Newscast - Update

A phone call & a potential new lead in the search for Jennifer led police & swat team members to an Orange County home. But - the would-be rescue turned into a big letdown.

WFTV (Channel 9) cameras were there as swat team members raided the 2 houses on 40th street near Rio Grande Ave. (BAD AREA!)

A tip came in to the police communications unit this afternoon saying that Jennifer Kesse was alive and being held captive in a room in a boarding house. The detectives said the call was credible and had specific information but this turned out not to be true.

The Orange Co. Swat Team raided room after room at the boarding house looking for Jen or any sign she had been there.

An old man was interviewed - he said he hadn't seen her. The LE also checked an abandoned house right next door.

Detective, when interviewed, said there was nothing to indicate that she was there. They are still checking things out & following up.

The detective (Richard Ring?) took the call from the tipster at home this afternoon. Two other detectives met with the caller and the group decided the information was good. The raid was organized in just 4 hours.

The detective said they were hoping for a "Cinderella ending" but it didn't happen. He said patrol officers have heard rumors on the street that Jennifer is still alive which does give him hope. Said "leads" are still coming in & that they were going to work this case to it's conclusion. Said they were hoping to find Jen alive but that they are prepared for whatever they run in to.

The detective also stressed that there may be people involved in this that simply ended up in it without being "the main person" responsible. Detectives are urging those people to come forward now before it is too late.

The Kesses asked the public to keep calling tips in even though many of them may turn out to be wrong. They stressed that they were not going away. Not going to stop looking for Jen.

Drew said: New strategy starting today. Instead of relying on volunteers - the Kesse family wants businesses & groups to hand out flyers with pictures of Jennifer to clients & members. They are asking any company, group, church, etc to help distribute the information. Said they would deliver the flyers to those who called & offered help.

The Kesses also spoke of the phone call from Beth Twitty and the comfort she gave them.

Don't know if this story is on their website yet. I was typing as fast as I could while the segment was on so please excuse errors.

Freezing temps here tonight - going to cover tender plants and gp back to the Olympics.

13th Juror

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member