Identified! IL - Will Co., Male body in Des Plaines River, May'09 - Gary Schmidt

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I heard that DP wasn't concerned about this body that was found I wondered if this is like when KC heard about the blanchard Park situation, he knows where he put her and it wasn't in the river? Just a thought.

No, I'm 5'5". Why do you ask?
\

The reason I asked is that it makes a huge difference as to what size you wear. Stacy & Lisa were only 5'2" A 5'2" person weighing 115 and a 5'7" person weighing 115 are going to wear different sizes. In that weight range, each 3-5 pounds is a whole size. I'm a former fashion buyer, I am very familiar with this. Also, I'm 5'7", weigh 115 and am a size 2 or 0. My mother is 5'2", weighs 115 and is a size 6. So, Stacy and Lisa were both 5'2", with about a 20 pound weight difference. That's about 4 sizes difference. Stacy was probably a 0 and Lisa was probably a 6.

It's amazing how cocky, arrogant, narcissistic policemen think that their "brotherhood" will protect them and do whatever they can for them. He was a police officer for such a long time and had apparently gotten away with a lot (there are things we know about and things we obviously don't). So, he actually thought this guy would oblige him. It will be his cockiness and arrogance that will seal the deal on his conviction(s).

I just want to add that I'm not describing all policemen - just the bad ones. We all know great officers who do their jobs with dignity and honesty and then we've all run across and read about the ones like Drew........

Wonder if DP is his jovial, fun-loving old self this holiday weekend, with an unattainable bond and a body waiting to be identified. :D

"Peterson was “a little bit taken aback” by the decision not to reduce his bond at all, defense attorney Joel Brodsky said.”

http://www.suntimes.com/news/peterson/1587229,drew-peterson-savio-murder-offer-money-052209.article

"Taken aback" I believe means "it's finally sunk in this isn't anything to make fun of anymore. It's making him finally realize he may be going to prison" Link

"A little bit taken aback" tsk, tsk! Peternon really is a true narcissist!

The train is pulling into the station! :eek:

Between his (Drew's) and Brodsky's cocky attitudes, I am sure they had both convinced themselves that Drew would be sitting on his back patio this weekend enjoying barbecue.

Thank goodness for Judge Policandriotes--she wasn't bowled over by the "wit and charm" sitting at the defense table. She used her head and common sense to deny his bond reduction.

She may have to remove herself from the case due to her involvement with a restraining order that had been put on Peterson years ago.

Regarding the question of whether Drew is very bright -- he doesn't strike me as intelligent, he strikes me as cunning. When I see him in action, I see a goon and a . I have no reason to believe he'd have been asked to bring the potato salad to the Mensa picnic this year (even if he weren't in jail... :crazy:).

I think that after he "successfully" murdered Kathleen Savio, he thought he was invincible, and could truly get away with murder. This might have been his undoing, as when he decided to get rid of Stacy, he only succeeded in drawing attention to himself -- and reopened the investigation on the death of his third wife. One could bet that if he hadn't taken matters into his own hands with Stacy, that he would have "let sleeping dogs lie", so to speak.

Kind of makes you wonder (yet again) why these guys don't just seek a divorce... It's a power, control, narcissism thing...

Skymom

Great point!

Ok, now I am wondering. If there were two separate officers.... were either one of those officers the officer who sat on the coroners jury and convinced the other jurors to ignore evidence, or was there a third officer?[/QUOTE

If I'm not mistaken, a coroner's inquest is made up of random jurors unrelated to the case and the evidence is presented to them by the responding officers, ME, witnesses, and perhaps these two never stepped up at the time. Similar to a Grand Jury on a smaller scale, for the purpose of determination of manner of death. I don't even know if there was an "inquest" or if the ME determined the death to be accidental based on reports provided.

Does anyone know if there was an "inquest" because I imagine the Savio Family could have presented evidence of prior threats, letters, etc.

I think this was the ME and he alone.

So, in that case, no witnesses would have been called. But I'm not 100% certain. Not every death warrants an inquest. Only if "manner of death" cannot be determined by autopsy.

It's amazing how cocky, arrogant, narcissistic policemen think that their "brotherhood" will protect them and do whatever they can for them. He was a police officer for such a long time and had apparently gotten away with a lot (there are things we know about and things we obviously don't). So, he actually thought this guy would oblige him. It will be his cockiness and arrogance that will seal the deal on his conviction(s).

I just want to add that I'm not describing all policemen - just the bad ones. We all know great officers who do their jobs with dignity and honesty and then we've all run across and read about the ones like Drew........

There sure are good ones out there. My brother in law is one (Joliet/Homicide) and my Uncle (Chicago PD). It's when you place a badge on a Sociopath, some kind of chemical reaction occurs. Sociopaths are "above the law," so imagine a cop/sociopath/killer - what does that make him? Certainly dumb enough to think he'd get away with it.

I have a problem with his atty JB. I hate saying this but have more respect for Baez that JB. Baez somewhat knows when to close the pie hole. JB does not, IMO, seem capable of representing a defendant charged with capital murder, much less 2 cases? I don't see any high profilers jumping in on this one. They've seen the antics of JB and his client for over a year and you simply can't undo stupidity. JMO. It seems they have a friendship, as though they are "equals," vacationing together and that just makes my stomach turn. I recently saw a murder case in Orland Park wherein the defendant babysitter fired JB as her attorney. Hmmm.

If I'm not mistaken, a coroner's inquest is made up of random jurors unrelated to the case and the evidence is presented to them by the responding officers, ME, witnesses, and perhaps these two never stepped up at the time. Similar to a Grand Jury on a smaller scale, for the purpose of determination of manner of death. I don't even know if there was an "inquest" or if the ME determined the death to be accidental based on reports provided.

Does anyone know if there was an "inquest" because I imagine the Savio Family could have presented evidence of prior threats, letters, etc.

I think this was the ME and he alone.

So, in that case, no witnesses would have been called. But I'm not 100% certain. Not every death warrants an inquest. Only if "manner of death" cannot be determined by autopsy.

Yes there was an inquest looking into Kathleen's death. One of the jurors was a police officer. He told the other jurors that he knew Drew Peterson and knew that Drew was "a good guy and would never kill anyone." He should have recused himself of his own volition, or the coroner should have excused him, at the very least.

There were several witnesses that were called at the inquest, including an officer from the State Police who was filling in for the officer who actually was at the death scene. The officer filling in had not even been to the death scene. The jurors were not given the option of calling the death "undetermined" and were only given the options of calling it an accident or homicide.

It was up the coroner to override the jury's findings and he failed to do so. As I recall, the Savios were not permitted to testify at the inquest (again, by the inaction of the coroner).

Patrick O'Neil, the coroner, should have done many things on Kathleen's behalf, and he failed her at every turn.

Yes there was an inquest looking into Kathleen's death. One of the jurors was a police officer. He told the other jurors that he knew Drew Peterson and knew that Drew was "a good guy and would never kill anyone." He should have recused himself of his own volition, or the coroner should have excused him, at the very least.

There were several witnesses that were called at the inquest, including an officer from the State Police who was filling in for the officer who actually was at the death scene. The officer filling in had not even been to the death scene. The jurors were not given the option of calling the death "undetermined" and were only given the options of calling it an accident or homicide.

It was up the coroner to override the jury's findings and he failed to do so. As I recall, the Savios were not permitted to testify at the inquest (again, by the inaction of the coroner).

Patrick O'Neil, the coroner, should have done many things on Kathleen's behalf, and he failed her at every turn.

Thank you for clarifying this. May PO have many sleepless nights.

When I heard that DP wasn't concerned about this body that was found I wondered if this is like when KC heard about the blanchard Park situation, he knows where he put her and it wasn't in the river? Just a thought.
Good comparison. I think it's either that or a completely sociopathic attitude that even if her remains are found he won't be tied to her death. MOO

Hi Leila, Thanks for this really well thought out post. Right now I wish I had the ME's report on the condition of the bones and markings which would show how the body disarticulated. Gotta wait for that. But I am so familiar with Laci's case and I see similarities here with the remains.

* The reason Laci's head was gone was most likely because a concrete weight was attached to it by a rope. The tugging and jostling of the current eventually wore it loose IMO. Dr Baden, or one of the FA's commentating on that case said it is very difficult for a head to disarticulate from a body.

* Laci's legs were also only partial, one with the foot gone and the other severed up by the knee I think. The thought was that a large ship had gone over her in that channel leading into the harbor and that is why her legs were partially removed.

* The other thought was that wherever a weight was tied to her body it eventually caused a seperation. One arm from right below the shoulder and one from the elbow. I would have to go back and look, but it is written here for general comparison purposes.

The same thing could have happened to this body IMO, and when the last weight's hold was loosened, the body floated freely until it washed ashore. That could have happened last September with the force of the water which would have been tremendous.

I don't think those scuba diving weights would have been strong enough to hold her body down for about 11 months. If he put her in the river where he knew she would end up in the deep part of the backwater near the dam, it would take longer for those holds to separate from the body as the current wouldn't be as swift. Once free I could easily see the skeleton washing up river and landing where it was found.

I just can't see him doing this. Even if he paid someone to dispose of her he would call the shots on what not to do with all of the experience he had. He would have to know that someday those bones would be brought to the surface and located. Maybe he thought he was invincible and they would never be able to connect him to her death. But he made some mistakes I think, having Tom for one help him, and maybe more that we don't know about yet.

So right now I'm thinking she was weighted, put in that blue barrel which last September was banged open, freeing her and moving her up the river with the flooding. I think she sat in the bottom of the river, maybe a barge knicked her lower legs and arms removing them and then as those weights fell off she washed ashore.

That is 8 months from the flood. Laci was only in open water for close to 4 mos and the flesh under her pants was still somewhat there. The report in the paper said these remains were mainly bones. That allows for a bit of something else IMO.

Well, I could be all wet on this, but feel it is a possibility. xox

Scandi.............I was thinking of Laci when I thought about the missing scuba weights from DP's garage. It makes a lot of sense if he weighted the body, just like SP weighted Laci's. Stacy could have been dump inside the barrel and the barrel eventually opened through damage, or she could have been dumped without the barrel.

We know that DP was away from the Peterson home for at least 3 - 4 hours the night of Oct. 28 and early morning hours of Oct. 29th. He would have had plenty of time to accomplish this task of weighting the body and disposing of the body/barrel.

Scandi, I also can't imagine a man DP's size needing help with 100# of Stacy and maybe 5# of barrel. Some cement, maybe 10# or 20# could tip the weight into a range where another person was needed and account for the extra warmth.

Concrete can be very heavy depending on the mix. One cubic foot of real concrete (not the premixed stuff) can weight in excess of 140 pounds.

Even if it was just Stacy in the box/barrel, the size alone could make it awkward for one person to carry.

Mel

Concrete can be very heavy depending on the mix. One cubic foot of real concrete (not the premixed stuff) can weight in excess of 140 pounds.

Even if it was just Stacy in the box/barrel, the size alone could make it awkward for one person to carry.

Mel
Bottom line is D.P. was trying to make Morphey and accompliss. He already included him in the phone ping scam from the Krispy Kream and asked him to rent a storage facility. By getting him to help move the body, just made it more difficult for Morphey. It doesn't really matter if there was concrete in it at the time they moved it. D.P. could have added it later or it could have already been in there. My guess is he would add it right before he dumped it so it would be easier for him to manuever it. JMO

HLN just reported the body found was not Stacy Peterson. nor no obvious connection to Lisa Stebic

HLN just reported the body found was not Stacy Peterson. nor no obvious connection to Lisa Stebic
Eh? What happened to it being 2-ish weeks or so, or at the earliest next week? Just mumbling, not critisizing you or your information Sooner Fan

Eh? What happened to it being 2-ish weeks or so, or at the earliest next week? Just mumbling, not critisizing you or your information Sooner Fan

I didn't get to see the whole report, just the ticker at the botton...I'm waiting til they go back to it.

Hi Sooner Fan, Was it from a rerun of Jane Valdez's show? That was said on her show yesterday and we think they have misinterpreted the news. There was nothing that could determine sex or ID in the autopsy so they will rely on DNA to determine whose body it is. That means they haven't ruled out the possibility of it being either Lisa or Stacy. xox

Hi Sooner Fan, Was it from a rerun of Jane Valdez's show? That was said on her show yesterday and we think they have misinterpreted the news. There was nothing that could determine sex or ID in the autopsy so they will rely on DNA to determine whose body it is. That means they haven't ruled out the possibility of it being either Lisa or Stacy. xox

No, it was current news...I know I didn't imagine that! grrrr...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304