2008.07.16 Casey's First Phone Call Home From Jail *revisit*

This call + the video of her sashaying when she was arrested in the blue "82" shirt + the 31 days + the party pictures = a guilty verdict. They can try and confuse the jurors and poke teeny holes into the mountain of evidence, but those few things will seal her fate.

Not knowing her bf number..
it might well have been because she always used the cell phone to dial it, but I wonder if he hadn't changed it to avoid her calls.. perhaps gave it to LA so that the family could still contact him if there was some need to do so, but asked them not to give it to KC. He seemed to realize early on that he was entangled with a ..well.. with a bad person.. and promptly set about cutting ties to her.

I can only imagine how it felt when he first realised what sort of person he had been living with and keeping company with for the past month..horrifying.

it might well have been because she always used the cell phone to dial it, but I wonder if he hadn't changed it to avoid her calls.. perhaps gave it to LA so that the family could still contact him if there was some need to do so, but asked them not to give it to KC. He seemed to realize early on that he was entangled with a ..well.. with a bad person.. and promptly set about cutting ties to her.

I can only imagine how it felt when he first realised what sort of person he had been living with and keeping company with for the past month..horrifying.

BBM - I agree. It must have been quite a shock.

It's so strange to listen to this call all over again after all these months...I tried to think about what my call home might sound like if I were in the same situation - and I can only imagine that I would be blubbering and begging my family to get out of that house and go searching. I would be throwing out every possibility...every place they might check...every person who might know anything.

It sounds to me like Casey didn't want to think about Caylee at all and the reason she kept getting irritated, especially at the friend, is because she kept being reminded of her. I think it was easy for Casey to put Caylee out of her mind, and she was doing so quite successfully, and then it filled her with rage that the others kept talking about Caylee.

How is it possible for a MOTHER to behave this way? Sometimes I am unable to wrap my head around certain people and their behavior...

BBM
I agree. She was getting very irritated that the focus was on Caylee, and why no one would give her TonE's phone number.......no one was sorry that she was "arrested on an effin whim" they were all concerned about Caylee....

This call + the video of her sashaying when she was arrested in the blue "82" shirt + the 31 days + the party pictures = a guilty verdict. They can try and confuse the jurors and poke teeny holes into the mountain of evidence, but those few things will seal her fate.

The smirk on her face the first time we saw her on local tv coming thru the door in handcuffs...is forever engrained as my first memory of Casey...

I recall Tony's My Space status as being "Nauseated" just when this story broke.

This phone call was one of the first 'tip offs' I really had that KC wasn't some confused scared little girl or someone living in denial, but a true moral idiot. It is as thugh she had no grasp at all what a real mother would act like under these circumstances.. mad at her mother for having people at the house while she wasn't there.. mad at ppl for caring more about Caylee's whereabouts than about her sitting in jail..not offerring any suggestions towards finding her.

Obviously any halfways normal mother would have been pleading and begging with everyone to go search someplace, and keep coming up with places to send them to look..of course any normal mother would have been running around frantically herself for the past month searching everywhere she could think of, calling out family friends and if possible the entire national guard to search for that baby.

At least, for her own sake, she could have acted concerned, instead of tacking on 'Caylee is all I am concerned about too' as an after thought to "All anyone cares about is Caylee"

I say it again.. a true moral idiot

This was the first time I have heard the entire call, it truly is haunting me. The first thing out KC's mouth should have been have you heard anthing about Caylee not making fun of CA's cameo. The mindset is so self centered, it overwhelms me. Poor Caylee never had a chance with that monster for a mother.

This was the first time I have heard the entire call, it truly is haunting me. The first thing out KC's mouth should have been have you heard anthing about Caylee not making fun of CA's cameo. The mindset is so self centered, it overwhelms me. Poor Caylee never had a chance with that monster for a mother.

Considering the circumstances, imo, this is the most bizarre exchange between a mother and daughter in existence. Can anyone find just one normal comment by either of them?

Considering the circumstances, imo, this is the most bizarre exchange between a mother and daughter in existence. Can anyone find just one normal comment by either of them?

It is certainly not normal that the first concern KC had was about CA's media appearances, not about Caylee.

In retrospect, knowing all we know now, perhaps that was a defining moment that illustrated motive right from the get-go?

It was also our first exposure to the CA/KC dysfunction and fore-shadowing of what we could expect from CA's media infamy in the months and year to come?

The more I listen to this audio over and over, the more I pick up little nuances where KC paused as she made up 'new' details about the Nanny as she was on the phone (i.e. NY database.) So evasive. Won't answer Kristina when she asks where Zanaida lives, instead she *****es about being in jail.

After listening to it over and over, I have to admit that I am freshly horrified all over again.

I'm curious why she doesn't already know her boyfriend's phone number. It's irrelevant, but still makes me curious.

My thoughts EXACTLY. WTF??? She was up TL's butt day in and day out, stayed on the phone with him for hours on end....but doesn't know his number?

I wonder how she would have tried to explain Caylee missing to HERRRR bf if she had been given his number right away no questions asked. At that time all she cared about was losing HERRRR bf. KC is so transparent to me.
Another thing that strikes me as soooo strange is SWEETHEART. I would have been "you little witch you better tell me where my DGD is NOW" from the moment I knew that she was missing. I dunno. We will never figure this family out.

"Fr: How come everybody's saying that you're not upset, that you're not crying, that you show no caring of where Caylee is
at all?
CA: Because I'm not sitting here ****ing crying every two seconds. Because I have to stay composed to... talk to detectives,
to... make other phone calls, to do other things. I can't sit here and be crying every two seconds like I want to. I can't."

It wouldn't matter if they play this phone call at her trial. The above quote from the conversation shows which direction KC would take,as she is explaining to her friend. She is running with the "I couldn't let my mind go there,I had to keep coherent and calm,so I can talk to detectives,make phone calls and do other things." And of course her lawyers would be aghast that people couldn't realize that this is exactly what KC had to do to cope,and aren't we cold and heartless people for not realizing that.

BTW...what would be the "other things" that KC claims she has to do while sitting in jail?:waitasec:

Great job on this! Thanks a lot!

Regarding the place where she was asking for Tony's number and she stretched out the "my-y-y-y" - I thought she was hesitating as to how she was going to describe their relationship, and then chose the word "boyfriend".
As in "he's my-y-y-y......... boyfriend".

Listening to her speech patterns and listening to the interactions between her and her mother and most especially, her brother, this young woman sounds to me like she has long standing mental illness problems. The brother makes the statement that he's not going to "go around and around with her" (or words to that effect) - meaning he's had the experience of being in coversations with her that did "go around and around".

Casey states to the girlfried Christine that she (Casey) "has not slept for 4 days". Casey is a practiced liar, adept at providing "proof" of her statements - such as providing non-existent names of a boss and co-workers,
details of a non-existent job including a non-existant office and telephone extension.

Bi-polar disorder? Schizo-affective disorder?

Family members who have been close to Casey for many years know exactly what her behavioral patterns are and have been. They most probably don't know what to believe of what she says.

I do think it is a shame that police released the tapes of the jailhouse conversations, because if they hadn't done so, she may have eventually spilled some information to either a family member or a friend during another conversation.

What good reason did police have for releasing the recordings?

Sunshine laws. They are releasing everything.

No, she's not bipolar, nor schizoaffective.

She was examined by two shrinks, found legally sane, and most importantly NOT put on any medications.

She's likely a sociopath with a narcisisstic personality disorder. There is no treatment for that. No Axis I disorder was found, AEB she is not in treatment.

This phone call was one of the first 'tip offs' I really had that KC wasn't some confused scared little girl or someone living in denial, but a true moral idiot. It is as thugh she had no grasp at all what a real mother would act like under these circumstances.. mad at her mother for having people at the house while she wasn't there.. mad at ppl for caring more about Caylee's whereabouts than about her sitting in jail..not offerring any suggestions towards finding her.

Obviously any halfways normal mother would have been pleading and begging with everyone to go search someplace, and keep coming up with places to send them to look..of course any normal mother would have been running around frantically herself for the past month searching everywhere she could think of, calling out family friends and if possible the entire national guard to search for that baby.

At least, for her own sake, she could have acted concerned, instead of tacking on 'Caylee is all I am concerned about too' as an after thought to "All anyone cares about is Caylee"

I say it again.. a true moral idiot

Stone cold sociopath. Prisons are FULL of KCs.

It's so strange to listen to this call all over again after all these months...I tried to think about what my call home might sound like if I were in the same situation - and I can only imagine that I would be blubbering and begging my family to get out of that house and go searching. I would be throwing out every possibility...every place they might check...every person who might know anything.

It sounds to me like Casey didn't want to think about Caylee at all and the reason she kept getting irritated, especially at the friend, is because she kept being reminded of her. I think it was easy for Casey to put Caylee out of her mind, and she was doing so quite successfully, and then it filled her with rage that the others kept talking about Caylee.

How is it possible for a MOTHER to behave this way? Sometimes I am unable to wrap my head around certain people and their behavior...

Yep! That's why she threw tantrums when CA asked her for infomation re: Caylee, during jail visits.

Me too Christine, that she doesn't want to get into this right now. If it were me and my child..... I'd have a hard time talking through sobbing and BEGGING my friends and family to do absolutely everything in their power to find my son. Not to mention I would have had that same hard time while talking with LE.

Yeah, most (innocent) women would be monomaniacle, during calls. One wouldn't be able to get them OFF the subject of the missing baby.

Are we starting yet, another psych thread?

From everything we've heard, it would appear that Casey was a lot more serious about the relationship with Tony than he was. He impresses me as being a young college kid, living for the present, with no thoughts of any long term relationship with a girl. Like most young twenty-somethings, he wasn't ready for any sort of commitment. During their brief relationship, Tony evidently stated that when he married and had children, he only wanted boys not girls. That statement alone could have been the catalyst for Caylee's demise.

While Casey was thinking in terms of a serious relationship and marriage, Tony was only thinking in terms of a brief fling.

edited to add (because I lost my train of thought)...............I thought Casey's reaction to Christina's honest emotion, incredibly cold and callus, a real indication of a heartless sociapath. There was also anger in Casey's reaction, as if she was angry that Caylee, and not her, was the focus. For Casey, that whole phone call had only one goal, and that was getting Tony's phone number. She needed to "set him straight" about what had happened.............Tony was much more important to her than the loss of Caylee.

She wasn't serious about TL. She gets "serious" about all her bfs. She starts in the the "L" word w/i a weeks or two of starting the relationship. If there's a break-up (from her getting to pushy too soon), she just gloms onto another guy (AEB Ricardo-TonE).

And, she always cultivates a back-up guy. TonE was only out of town a few days, when she was lining up another guy.

She doesn't LOVE. Sociopaths aren't wired for love. She can obsess, but that's not the same thing. She replaces "loves" like she'd replace torn stockings.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back