NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, missing from her home 11/10/09 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, that may have been what I heard...
Slightly off topic...whose bright idea was it to hold the presser outside with the traffic going by...genius move there.

Oh Yeah...you mean the lovley train going by....:)

Released, I never heard cleared. Just released, for now. But I could have heard wrong...and I could be wrong. I think he knew something, either before or after the fact. But I don't think he was involved in the actual taking.

I'm at work, and had to keep the volume low to not disturb others. So I had trouble hearing the reporters questions. But I heard her say he was going to be released, and then when she was taking Q's, someone asked her if the charges were being dropped, and she said something to the affect of "Yes". But I specifically heard "FOR NOW". I'm gonna listen again.

Nope, it was "Right Now they are" -Thanks to Walk The Line for correcting me on that.

Have you guys figured out the relation between mom and MAM?
As brazen as he was, I too agree that he passed the little girl off to a member of his family (maybe hers or Coes...not sure), and she is being taken care of...all to keep from CPS, or whatever.
Possibly there was a scheduled visit that morning, and mom knew they were going to take the kids, so she got rid of one (doesn't explain the 7yo).
I just don't get the feeling now that there is malice, or sex involved in this. I really feel they are hiding her from the state.

Something was really bothering me about the presser. I had to watch it 4 times to get it. The spokesperson did not make any attempt to ask the public for help or to keep an eye out for Shaniya or to contact LE with any info.

Am I overthinking this?

No you are not overthinking this...I did not hear a word either about help or the Amber alert from her.

No you are not overthinking this...I did not hear a word either about help or the Amber alert from her.

Why was she smiling so much.. ?? she told reporters baby wasn't found . so why so smiley... ??? I don't get it..

and she said someone giving a presser at 11:30 .. I didn't catch it all .. anyone know???? TIA

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...XLmLUQ69FzCcPLZpmX2SwD9BUOP582?index=0&ned=us

In this article to the right of the page under the picture MAM of it states....

"Mario Andrette McNeill, 29, is seen in a photo provided by the Fayettville, NC Police Dept. Thursday, Nov. 12, 2009"

Does that mean this is the picture taken when he was arrested yesterday? Cause I do not like his expression AT ALL.
no... that was a previous mugshot.. they said that last night at the presser

moo but that LE spokesperson needs to find a job..one that is not a spokesperson..

As brazen as he was, I too agree that he passed the little girl off to a member of his family (maybe hers or Coes...not sure), and she is being taken care of...all to keep from CPS, or whatever.
Possibly there was a scheduled visit that morning, and mom knew they were going to take the kids, so she got rid of one (doesn't explain the 7yo).
I just don't get the feeling now that there is malice, or sex involved in this. I really feel they are hiding her from the state.

Personally, I think it's to keep her from her father, not CPS, or the boy would have gone too.
I don't get the feeling that there are sex or drugs involved, but maybe malice...I don't know yet. But, I do think that whatever the intended goal was /is, it was not to hurt Shaniya.

Hopefully that means they are right on top of it. It sounds like they received many tips after airing Mario's info, so maybe they're in the midst if retrieving Shaniya. They've been good at keeping hush hush so the investigation isn't compromised.

They may have Shaniya now for all we know. *fingers crossed*

I don't even want to speculate on this case any more cause I haven't a clue what's going on. :waitasec:

Something was really bothering me about the presser. I had to watch it 4 times to get it. The spokesperson did not make any attempt to ask the public for help or to keep an eye out for Shaniya or to contact LE with any info.

Am I overthinking this?
Overthinking? NO!!!!!!
Im left scratching my head here!! I'm in NC, you would they would ask the public to look out for her. Clothes she was wearing, where they found McNeill, vehicle descriptions, anything!!!!

Am I overthinking this?

Hopefully that means they don't need the public's help at this point.

With the 'new' turn of events... I believe the mother is definately involved in this! Isn't there anything (like obstruction of justice, with-holding evidence, etc...) they could charge her with... Maybe then she'll CRACK if she is indeed involved.
This is way too much confusion (between LE and the media) to know what is really go on. The public is overwhelmingly TRYING to help find this adorable girl - yet - (like Morgan's case) it seems like so much info is being held back.

Why do people insist on 'playing games' with their children's lives? For goodness sakes. hese poor little lives. You can't tell me they don't suffer 'mental anguish and stress' - a form of child abuse for sure!

I think they should lock everyone involved in this case up - charge them with with holding evidence... eventually someone will crack (cuz they'll all be mad at one another). JMO

Praying for Shaniya's safe return (to her father).

Why was she smiling so much.. ?? she told reporters baby wasn't found . so why so smiley... ??? I don't get it..

and she said someone giving a presser at 11:30 .. I didn't catch it all .. anyone know???? TIA

moo but that LE spokesperson needs to find a job..one that is not a spokesperson..

Lol... perhaps Miss Smiley Pants takes cruel pleasure in knowing when others are desperately in the dark? J/k but she does seem to relish saying, "we're not able to discuss that at this time..."

:parrot:

Hopefully that means they don't need the public's help at this point.

That's what I've been thinking...but why the heck do they have the perp and not Shaniya?! Imo, this is not a situation that you "sit" on a suspect-- there is a child's welfare in question, go get her!!!

I so have to get a life today away from WS...lol.

I will check in later and pray she is found today unharmed. I have faith that LE are on top of this and will find her.
McNeill I'm sure is looking for some sort of deal, he just spent 4 years in the pokey, he is looking at alot of time because of his previous convictions, he will talk.

Lol... perhaps Miss Smiley Pants takes cruel pleasure in knowing when others are desperately in the dark? J/k but she does seem to relish saying, "we're not able to discuss that at this time..."

:parrot:

I know she is almost like "nanner nanner, I know and you don't"..lol

Does this PD have a regular spokesperson? There was a different lady at the beginning of the case. She stumbled on her words quite a bit, so I'm guessing that's why she was replaced. Maybe this one hasn't done PC's before and is a bit nervous? I didn't watch the presser live yesterday, but some of you were saying there was a lot of joking going on while waiting for it to start. Maybe it's a mix of nerves and jokes making her smile. Anyone local know if she has done PC's before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken