2010.12.21 Stream of Motions - General Discussion

Poor Judge Strickland. He's probably like NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I was DONE with this case!!!!!

Actually, I don't think it would get sent to him. It was probably rerouted to Judge Perry, who I am sure is either going to get a good laugh out of that mistake or bust a vein in his forehead, one of the two.

MMMM - I'm betting on the vein....... Good one Aedrys!

ROTF....I saw that....did they file ALL of them with JS??

:loser:
Dang...lost my post...I was just kidding when I typed that maybe AL left them to be filed...lol...now I see this. I need to learn to keep myself signed in.

Murder Docket Updated:

12/30/2010 Motion In Limine State of Florida

12/30/2010 Motion to Exclude Unreliable Evidence Pursuant to FRYE, Or in the Alternative, Motion in Limine to Exclude (Chloroform)

12/30/2010 Motion In Limine to Prohibit the Use, in any Fashion, of a Posting on the Internet Myspace References Attributable to Cindy Anthony, The Mother of the Defendant

12/30/2010 Motion In Limine to Prohibit the use, in any Fashion, of Internet Myspace References Attributable to the Defendant as "Diary of Days"

12/30/2010 Motion In Limine Preclude the use in any Fashion Whatsoever of a Certain "Jib Jab" Cartoon

12/30/2010 Motion to Restrict in Court Photography/Videoing

12/30/2010 Notice of Hearing

12/30/2010 Motion to Exclude Unreliable Evidence

12/30/2010 Motion to Suppress Statements Made to George, Cindy Lee Anthony, Maya Derkovic, Robyn Adams, and Sylvia Hernandez

12/30/2010 Defendant's Motion in Limine to Exclude all Evidence Relating to Canine Searches and Alerts

12/30/2010 Motion and Memorandum of Law in Support of Defendant's Motion to Exclude Irrelevant Evidence of Stain in Trunk of Car

12/30/2010 Memorandum of Law in Support of Defendant's Motion to Exclude Irreelevant Evidence of Tattoo

12/30/2010 Defense Motion to Exclude Irrelevant Evidence of Tattoo

12/30/2010 Motion to Exclude Unreliable Evidence

Bold and Red by Me: Really? Is this ego run amok or is this REALLY necessary?

Ehm...noticing a judge no longer presiding on the case...does this make this motion, motionless?
LL...every day your avi changes...just when one makes me smile...the next one just makes me roar. Way too funny!

Bold and Red by Me: Really? Is this ego run amok or is this REALLY necessary?
I think the apprentices have been at work. I'm not even sure if I watched the one with Casey...but the video of Baez was priceless.

AAACCCCKKKKK! :banghead::banghead::doh::panic::
:anguish::phone::pullhair:
:cursing::cursing::cursing:

Why oh why do I have to work right now. I keep dipping back in and :fireworks: are happening while I am busy doing :pcguru: while you are having fun doing :snowball:at Baez's motions.

What every happened to damned life work balance!!! Oh well, :nevermind: I've only got an hour to go if I just quit moaning and get on with it.:eek:kay: and I"ll be back shortly. :skip:

I just did a quick count and since 12/21 the defense has filed 19 motions (I may have missed one or two).

I am wondering if the next motion will be:

Motion in Limine to exclude any and all mention of the fact that Caylee was missing for 31 days before being reported missing by her grandmother. I am sure he is going to state that the 31 days is 'utterly irrelevant to the case at hand' and that 'any alleged probative value of the mention of the 31 days is substantially outweighed by by it's potential prejudicial effect on the jury'

If in the world accoding to JB, all these motions were granted - would there be anything left to argue at the trial?

I just did a quick count and since 12/21 the defense has filed 19 motions (I may have missed one or two).

I am wondering if the next motion will be:

Motion in Limine to exclude any and all mention of the fact that Caylee was missing for 31 days before being reported missing by her grandmother. I am sure he is going to state that the 31 days is 'utterly irrelevant to the case at hand' and that 'any alleged probative value of the mention of the 31 days is substantially outweighed by by it's potential prejudicial effect on the jury'

If in the world accoding to JB, all these motions were granted - would there be anything left to argue at the trial?

Whether or not all those fragile tiny bones scattered over an acre of brush and swamp land actually belonged to little Caylee??? :furious:

Why oh why do I have to work right now. I keep dipping back in and :fireworks: are happening while I am busy doing :pcguru: while you are having fun doing :snowball:at Baez's motions.

What every happened to damned life work balance!!! Oh well, :nevermind: I've only got an hour to go if I just quit moaning and get on with it.:eek:kay: and I"ll be back shortly. :skip:

It's alright LG, we've all been there before. I'm working this weekend, just so I can watch the hearing with a clear conscious.

It's a good thing the courthouse is closed tomorrow! If it wasn't I am wondering if we would see another 10 - 20 motions filed at 4:29 pm tomorrow afternoon.

It's a good thing the courthouse is closed tomorrow! If it wasn't I am wondering if we would see another 10 - 20 motions filed at 4:29 pm tomorrow afternoon.

I'm not happy with Baez making the good folks at the clerk's office working past quitting time today. The time on one of the faxes makes me wonder if their fax machine could still be spitting out pages right now (and we'll see the entry of even more motions Monday following the holiday).

Do you think the judge will be hearing ALL of the motions on Monday?
Geeeez louise, team Casey have been working their slimy fingers to the bone!

They filed it to Judge Strickland!!!

Wait! What...OMG seriously? Someone needs to do a little proof reading when copy / pasting old work. So they've had these waiting in the wings for awhile then no doubt.....anyone else thinking a few 'no longer with us' lawyers did the writing?

I don't know if they can hear all of the motions on January 3rd? It seems like an awful lot to go over in one day? I could be wrong, but I also thought that Judge Perry said he thought he might be sitting in on a trial this week and that he had no problem scheduling anything after 5pm if they need to be heard... that was into reply to Jeff Ashton stating that he may need him this week. I might have my dates mixed up?

LOL you make me laugh!:crazy:

Here's the motion from yesterday -

2010.12.29 Defense Motion to Exclude Unreliable Evidence - Trunk Smell
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/68137874/20101229-Defense-Motion-to-Exclude-Unreliable-Evidence

MM :rocker:

Thanks, MM!

Check out this gem:
"The Oakridge National Laboratories refused to comply with...[blah...blah blah]...choosing to mask the empirical data relied upon for it's [sic] conclusions and instead has taken a rare unheard of "trust me" approach to science."

TRUST ME, huh...where have I heard those words before? :waitasec: :crazy:

I wonder how many of these motions can be ruled on without a hearing? I would imagine the State would not argue against the Jib Jab video - it is just too minor to worry about. That is just about the only one that I think could go away without affecting the state's case. Maybe the knife too, but that is just a maybe. There are a few I think the Judge will grant, but don't know if he would do it without a hearing. I doubt all of them will be heard Monday because the State will have to have time to put their thoughts together to argue against granting them. While I think LDB and JA are both heroic in all that they do, even they would need super powers to get all this done by Monday afternoon. I would imagine the first six will be heard, along with JA's motion for sanctions, and maybe the JAC filing would come up. I would think HHJP will have seen the rest of the motions and set a hearing date for them.

I am still not sure a lot of these motions will even be heard. I agree with the posters who say that some of them were filed past the deadline of Nov. 30th, but that JB will claim he thought he had until the 31st to file. I find it very interesting that there is no Kronk motion in this group. I guess he realized he could not get away with filing that one late since HHJP called him on it in open court.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back