CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
-sgamble responded to my email saying "good point, I'll ask them" (meaning the police)

so I guess we might find a photo in the Expositor, or, I'll bet she writes an article on why no photo.

You guys and gals are so smart!

direct quote I rec'd further to above:

"I talked to the police about this and, apparently, now that Dave is in custody, they can't provide a picture. The police only provide one if it can help them find a suspect.

Thanks for your interest!

Susan"

Am I the only one that thinks this is a bunch of B****??????

Thanks Hazel! from your link, a very bitter comment from one who is friend/family member of DS.
http://www.chchnews.ca/index.php/home/item/2096-charges-laid-in-audrey-gleave-murder#comment1482

wow dotr! did that come up from my link? When I click on my link I still see the old-news from Jan. 1st. Perhaps I should clean up cookies and cache.
In any case, thanks for pointing out at that new video and I am wondering how long till that comment will go poof! so confused at the moment, don't know who to believe.

I guess I'll just :fence: for now

Thanks for the correction. Now a question as my mind is busy/overloaded with other things this week: Please remind me why LE picked DLS up if it wasn't for the crime against AG. :innocent:

Oh wait - it was for 'possession of a concealed weapon' wasn't it?
Yep, that's right, and IIRC, it was said to be a steak knife...

I emailed the expositor again and asked why there wasn't a "sketch" of the accused at his court appearance. I can understand their (police) lack of a photo and accept their explanation. I guess at this point it's a lack of reporting.

Could the neighbor who saw the man with the knapsack be referring to PK, the handiman? I don't think it's ever been revealed how he arrived at Ms. Gleave's to drop off the cake, when he found her body. Did he drive or walk or get dropped off? Being that the neighbors don't seem to be especially close socially, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that one didn't recognize PK. Being that that statement kind of "fell off the table", I assumed that they'd identified the person and ruled them out.

Back to a comment by sillybilly for a moment. You mentioned a cordless electric knife or something that looked like one. I guess that got by me. Was it in one of the videos and not actually mentioned in print? That would explain why I didn't know. I can't imagine DLS carrying something like that around and it would sure seem odd to have one stored in plain sight in a garage, IMO.

Concerning the "bitter" post by a person close to DLS. I've seen a few.

There's a recent case in Oregon where a young man quite suddenly developed schizophrenia and tragically killed the town's police chief--a man he'd known all his life. The young man (we have a thread), Daniel Butts, felt cornered and grabbed for the officer's gun and shot him. I don't believe that someone experiencing a schizophrenic lapse/episode would do much planning. There was also the man, Harold Montague, in Las Vegas, who came charging out of his house and beheaded an infant in a stroller after stabbing his sister in the house. Also, very spontaneous...not planned.

I am in no way putting any blame on Ms. Gleave but I think for DLS to be the murderer, there would have had to have been some sort of a power struggle about something. As another poster stated, maybe she was firm with him and ordered him to leave. But I'm still not there. Something just does not fit.

FWIW, I don't think we need to stick with initials now that Scott has been charged...only with the officially uninvolved.

Hi ,
>
> When Dave was in Brantford court it was for a lowly weapons charge.
>
> Now that he's charged with murder, he's in Hamilton court and we're
> unlikely to go and cover any of his appearances until -- and if -- we get
> to the trial stage.
>
> Plus, it's a lot harder than people know to get photos of someone going to
> court ... they are brought in to a "sallyport" in a panelled van and
> brought to court behind secured doors. Cameras are NEVER allowed in the
> court house.
>
> So, if the Spec gets a photo I'd be surprised, even though it's on their
> turf! Once it comes time for court, sometimes newspapers spring for a
> court artist.
>
> Susan
>
> >

Back to a comment by sillybilly for a moment. You mentioned a cordless electric knife or something that looked like one. I guess that got by me. Was it in one of the videos and not actually mentioned in print? That would explain why I didn't know. I can't imagine DLS carrying something like that around and it would sure seem odd to have one stored in plain sight in a garage, IMO.

Hazel originally posted the link. It was working yesterday, but won't work for me now :waitasec:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Audrey Gleave, retired teacher, viciously murdered in home, Ancaster Ontario

Will try to find it elsewhere for you Missizzy.

Amazing how the proverbial "perp walk" is a revered part of US LEO history. I've read that there's a good bit of unwritten protocol concerning it. Of course, the arresting officer gets to be front and center as he/she deserves to be. This is the way that LE reaffirms to the public that they are doing their job and keeping the public safe. I have to admit ignorance concerning Canadian law. However, it seems very strange to me that there wouldn't be a bit of pride over "getting their man" in such a tremendously high profile case.

Shucks, if we can get a mug shot of the Premier of BC plastered all over the nation, why not Dave Scott?

Scott is 50 and Ms. Gleave was 73. When did she start teaching? Any possibility that she crossed paths with Scott at the high school? If he had special needs, he might have been around the school a bit longer than other students. In the US that would be through age 21.

Also, Ms. Gleave was known to go to coffee with her friends. Any chance that Scott did pick-up work at restaurants around town and knew her from there? The golf course, the vet's? Do we know where the vet's home is in relation to where Scott was living? Ms. Gleave had just stopped by there to pick up meds for the dogs.

Audrey probably ran into him as he was snooping around the area. Anyone that will just go and live in someone's barn would certainly look at the other places in the area, going through garbage ect. Just because they haven't told us the evidence, doesn't mean they don't have it.

RSBM for brevity

Missizzy, it was indeed mentioned in one of the videos. I tend to agree with the reporter that it looks more like a "miniature saw" than a cordless electric knife (but I could be wrong :) )

I did make two posts regarding it. In my second post you can see 'screenshots' of that particular item. Give me a second and will try find those two posts. (Pretty sure sillibilly is referring to those posts/video, right sillybilly?)

- Post 1 (Jan. 3, 2011) = http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5963349#post5963349

- Post 2 (Jan. 18, 2011 - last TWO pics) http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6027606#post6027606

ETA: hmmm, interesting...is it just me or has the video clip been edited? shows the view of the area behind the yellow crime scene tape, but not the scene where LE is collecting the "m.s."...the link to the article does not work anymore.

No, Hazel, I can see them. Once again it was really helpful for you to post those--and probably wise as they'll disappear. I'm not so sure about the "saw". If no one here had mentioned a saw I think I would have seen a bag. Now that it's suggested, I see a possible saw but the color seems off. To me, it looks like some sort of evidence collection bag and they are preparing to place that strip of cloth (or whatever) into it. But being that it's mentioned by a reporter on the scene.....maybe.

There's a company called Tomboy Tools which markets tools specifically for women's typically smaller hands. I happen to know about them as they sent a truckload of tools to Biloxi, MS when my husband and kids spent 3 months down there helping out after Katrina. When he came home, he gave me a set of Tomboy tools. He is quite to tool "snob" but was very impressed with their quality. The ones I got were turquoise with grey trim. I just looked at their site and see that they still carry some turquoise tools but most are pink to raise money and awareness for breast cancer (and why can't men's tools be pink to do the same???). Anyway, I don't see a flat saw blade but I do see a hacksaw in that turquoise color which is very similar to Hazel's photo. I believe the company was relatively new around the time of Katrina, 2005, and maybe Ms. Gleave purchased some tools at that time. They are also sold in Canada:

http://www.tomboytools.com/

The company seems to be using a "party" marketing scheme now but I believe that the tools were available at hardware stores a few years back. I see a tile setting kit on ebay which is the turquoise color. Let me keep checking.

ETA: hmmm, interesting...is it just me or has the video clip been edited? shows the view of the area behind the yellow crime scene tape, but not the scene where LE is collecting the "m.s."...the link to the article does not work anymore.

That's what I meant Hazel ... worked just before I made my post about it, and now it's gone.

There's a company called Tomboy Tools which markets tools specifically for women's typically smaller hands. I happen to know about them as they sent a truckload of tools to Biloxi, MS when my husband and kids spent 3 months down there helping out after Katrina. When he came home, he gave me a set of Tomboy tools. He is quite to tool "snob" but was very impressed with their quality. The ones I got were turquoise with grey trim. I just looked at their site and see that they still carry some turquoise tools but most are pink to raise money and awareness for breast cancer (and why can't men's tools be pink to do the same???). Anyway, I don't see a flat saw blade but I do see a hacksaw in that turquoise color which is very similar to Hazel's photo. I believe the company was relatively new around the time of Katrina, 2005, and maybe Ms. Gleave purchased some tools at that time. They are also sold in Canada:

http://www.tomboytools.com/

The company seems to be using a "party" marketing scheme now but I believe that the tools were available at hardware stores a few years back. I see a tile setting kit on ebay which is the turquoise color. Let me keep checking.

The turquoise you are seeing is the officer's latex evidence gloves. It is much more clear in the video when you can click through it frame by frame.

ETA: This is the basic shape of what i believe i was seeing:

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=...13&ndsp=8&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:91&biw=801&bih=445

John Burman and Teri Pecoskie 6 minutes ago ‘Downtown fixture’ found in pool of blood
Gary Yokoyama/The...SUSPICIOUS DEATHPolice are investigating the discovery of a body at the back door of a Cathcart Street home early Wednesday.
The woman found dead in the back yard a Cathcart Street home Wednesday morning has been identified and remembered as a well known panhandler and “…a downtown fixture.”

The body of 37-year-old Laura Ann Young was discovered just after 9 a.m. in a snowbank behind 116 Cathcart St., said Detective Sergeant Ian Matthews, who identified the woman Wednesday night.
read more.
http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/486296--downtown-fixture-found-in-pool-of-blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer