PA PA - Richard Petrone, 35, & Danielle Imbo, 34, Philadelphia, 19 Feb 2005 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/news/11248175.htm

In the days before Danielle Imbo disappeared from South Street last month, she told both her boyfriend and her estranged husband that she wanted space from each of them.

Since Imbo and her boyfriend, Richard Petrone Jr., both 34-year-olds with children, vanished after having drinks at a bar on Feb. 19, police have been confounded by the disappearance.

In interviews this week, a picture emerged of Imbo as a deeply conflicted woman and of both Petrone and Joseph Imbo Jr. as scorned men.

"I hate to say this because I won't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but she didn't want to be with either of them," said Dawn DeSimone, a friend of Danielle Imbo's since they met at Cherry East High School nearly 20 years ago.

dmvpenn, how are things going?

I've seen some articles recently in the Burlington County Times & the Central Record. I see that the billboard is up, and that the story was on Greta on FOX News. Has anything positive come up as a result?

The one article mentioned that more searches will be done & more volunteers will be needed. Can you give me information on how I can help? If you need people to physically search, I can do that. If you guys just need some money for water, etc., for the searches, I can do that. Whatever you need. Please fill me in on anything I need to know to give you guys a hand. Feel free to pm me if you'd rather give the information that way. (ETA: I just visited the Web site & I have the information now on how to help so you don't need to take up your time to answer that.)

You are all on my mind every day.

Just bumping this to let you know that I'm thinking of Richard & Danielle. I hope that something will break this case & bring them home soon.

Nothing new on this missing couple? I'm in Voorhees, close to Mt. Laurel. I've seen posters in WaWa stores, but haven't heard much on the news about it lately.

on a regular basis-and have not seen any new info about Richard and Danielle.

Unfortunately, with the recent spate of child murders occurring, that's occupying a lot of the news coverage. And I also haven't seen any info about any more searches planned.

Anybody out there in the Philly area heard anything on the local news broadcasts lately?

Bring Maura home!

Someone mentioned perhaps getting lost when coming off the bridge into NJ. I think that would be close to impossible: although the roads split on to several different highways, all of them lead right into the area where she lives and there are signs everywhere.

Is there anyone suspected of perhaps being involved in abducting them?

I saw these posts yesterday, but today they are gone. They contain information that may help with finding these two people. Luckily, I copied them, and here they are. If they are in some way a violation of posting rules here, someone please let me know.
Thanks

Forget the car accident theory.They
have searched, by land,
air, water e/thing,
Did you hear the one
about.....the jealous
(soon to be) X husband?

His name is Joe Imbo,no
one knows what happened,
however, it is a fact,
that the X was threatening Richard
Petrone and Daniele,
for that matter. From
all accounts she was
afraid of him and changed the locks on
her residence several
times. I'm not pointing
fingers, just giving
solid FACTS.

We are all hoping for the
best possible outcome.
However, the problem with
the accident theory, is
the police don't know if
they ever crossed the
bridge from Philly to N.J. there's no evidence
of that. However, there is Highway I95,that can
take way North and as far
South to the tip of
Florida. The police have
conducted searces by land,air, water, and came
up with nothing.

Once they left the bar
on
South Street in Philly
they were never seen again. You have to understand. The area
from which they disappeared, is filled w.
hundreds of people,coming
and going. Especially on
a Saturday night and es-
pecially at the approx.
time they left..
11:30P.M.

We know one thing for sure, both Richard and
Danielle were very family
oriented. Neither would
leave his or her child,
never. We continue to
pray for their well-being and ask all of you out
there to please do the
same

PoorPaulaNNJ said:
I saw these posts yesterday, but today they are gone. They contain information that may help with finding these two people. Luckily, I copied them, and here they are. If they are in some way a violation of posting rules here, someone please let me know.
Who originally posted that?

So does this mean that Danielle Imbo is currently married, and she has this boyfriend Richard Petrone. She and Richard are now missing after going out on a date?

And Danielle's husband has not been completely checked out, as to his involvement in her disappearance?

That seems almost impossible to believe, doesn't it?

edited to add: she gave him their 20 month old baby for the weekend. How frightened, REALLY, was Danielle of Joe? Something doesn't add up here.

Prayers for their safe return - this one is confusing.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/112-03012005-456933.html

JerseyGirl,

It was posted by user spring '82, but I don't see that name listed in members anymore.
I have heard similar things about this case from people who know BOTH of the missing individuals.
Something smells, and it needs to be out there.

Hi Katherine & Paula.

The story in a nutshell is that Danielle was best friends with Richard's sister when they were younger. I don't recall if her & Richard ever dated back then but Danielle eventually got married to Joe, and they had a baby. The two of them broke up, and her and Richard had been dating recently.
Apparently Joe had tried several times to reconcile with Danielle but she didn't seem to want to get back together. It seems that she also didn't want to continue a relationship with Richard either but didn't know how to break up with him because he was so nice to her, (according to statements allegedly made by some of her friends). She got to a spot where she wanted some time to just be by herself.

Danielle seems to have been loved by Richard's family. As mentioned earlier, she was best friends with his sister, and had known the family for quite some time. Richard's mother loved Danielle and I remember hearing her say something like "Richard would be so lucky to end up with Danielle". It has been stated that Danielle had dinner with Richard's mom before going out with Richard that evening.

Some people have alleged that Danielle was afraid of Joe. Someone in Richard's circle mentioned in a newspaper article that Richard & Joe had gotten into it over the phone a few times. Joe now claims that he never threatened Richard; that it was Richard who threatened him. Joe also claims that he only spoke to Richard a couple of times, (he may have even said that he only spoke to him once - I can't remember), while the Richard's mother allegedly told a newspaper reporter that Joe had called Richard many times.

Joe was apparently keeping his and Danielle's son for the night, and Danielle and Richard went to Abilene's on South Street in Philadelphia. They had a couple of drinks with friends, and haven't been seen since. (South Street is, indeed, usually pretty crowded on a Saturday night at that time. However, if it was cold or windy or rainy, there's a chance that there weren't many people around. South Street is much busier during spring & especially summer but in late fall and winter, the stores would most likely close early so you wouldn't have shoppers still lingering at that hour. Regardless, the likelihood of being abducted right off of South Street is very, very slim unless someone were to be in the back of your vehicle waiting for you. Does anyone remember where they parked?) Richard's SUV is also missing. They are both said to be family-oriented, and wouldn't willingly leave their children behind. There has been no activity on credit cards, ATM cards, or cell phones. Joe has since moved back into the home that he had previously shared with Danielle as husband and wife to care for their son.

I've read in an article a few weeks ago that Joe was not only with the baby that night but adult family members as well. I also remember reading that he passed a LD test. I don't know who administered the test or if his family members are providing an alibi but that seems to be where it stands at this point.

There has been no news for quite some time.

BTW, this is the story as gathered through media reports. I don't know anyone personally involved in this case. I am so desperately hoping that these families will have some answers soon.

Thanks Jerseygirl for all the details! It seems like I had read that the SUV was spotted (or somehow documented) on some road - like, counted at a toll road, or on video at a stopsign, something that indicated they were on a specific road that night after leaving the bar. When I read that, I couldn't tell whether that meant they were on the right path to be going home, or if they were going in the opposite direction - do you remember anything about that? It was unclear from the article what the significance of them being spotted on that road was.

Thanks again.

I actually hadn't heard about the vehicle being spotted anywhere. I search everyday for news but haven't come across anything. If you find out the details, please post them! I would love to hear something new! If you come across a street name and direction, I might be able to give you an idea of whether they were close to home, etc.

jerseygirl - I just did a check of several early articles, and I can't find a reference to their vehicle being spotted now, either. I think maybe it was a rumor and not something that actually was true, because it isn't on any of their three websites, either.

Prayers they are found.

I live in PA about 15 minutes outside of Philly and about 15 minutes from NJ and this is the first I heard of this case. I can't see this woman taking off and leaving her child (at least from what I read).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member