Will Cindy be prosecuted for perjury?

Do you think the State [i]will[/i] decide to prosecute Cindy Anthony?

• Yes, the State will decide to prosecute Cindy Anthony

Votes: 27 6.7%
  • No, the State will not decide to prosecute Cindy Anthony

Votes: 148 36.7%
  • Yes, I think the State [i]should[/i] prosecute Cindy Anthony

Votes: 214 53.1%
  • No, I do not think the State [i]should[/i] prosecute Cindy Anthony

Votes: 14 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
After this verdict, i am not even sure they'd be allowed to. So, sadly: no.

If CA goes to jail, KC will truly have no one to bankroll her and protect her. This reason alone is enough for me.

oh yes they SHOULD!!! since ica got away w/ murder, no more appeals, or retrials or anything..they can TOTALLY file perjury charges on CA, right?

She will get away with it. Seems the Anthony's get away with a lot.

No they wont, but they should.

They wont because she is a relative of the victim. They should as I think her testimony helped casey get off

no they shouldnt. Everyone should listen to Richard Hornsby. It would cost too much money and they would have to find a venue to try her. No judge is gonna sentence her to jail.

As far as I'm concerned, the state of Florida should just cut them all loose and let them have at each other.

Except for George. I DO hope he's at least smart enough to run far and fast.

I woke up this morning thinking it had all been a bad dream.
I'm so mad that I would want all the Anthonys prosecuted for perjury even though I've supported them all

The alternate juror says one of the reasons they voted not guilty was because they were a dysfunctional family...maybe if they all hadnt covered up her little lies from the beginning we wouldnt be in this position

I blame GA & CA now for not smelling BS within a couple of days of Casey leaving home, if my parents had been in their position I know that commonsense would have DEMANDED them that Caylee returned home because afterall that was Caylees home and they were living under her roof.

Boy I am so angry today and living in a different country - I cant even begin to imagine what you guys must be feeling if I'm this mad!

As far as I'm concerned, the state of Florida should just cut them all loose and let them have at each other.

Except for George. I DO hope he's at least smart enough to run far and fast.

I think that at least KC and George have to get some cosmetic surgery to feel safe out in the world at large.
There are many haters out there.
Cindy may want one too, but not because she lied. :floorlaugh:

Most people dont want or need to see the grandma of a dead child badgered and harassed anymore. Its time to move on.

Well that's it then- if you are a grieving granny you can get away with a felony and we shouldn't hold you accountable. Good to know.

I'm thinking that part of the reason that ICA will be set free is due to George and Cindy's lying on the stand.

So ... I'm posting a poll and not sure how to do a two part so I will allow multiple answers.

1) Do you think the State will decide to prosecute Cindy Anthony?
2) Do you think the State should prosecute Cindy Anthony?

I believe the State should prosecute CA but feel they won't...

I believe if they do the people will just think they are doing this to further devestate this family in the eyes of the public. Clearly, they both lied for ICA which is why this alleged child killer was set free. I also believe the contention between Baez and Aston affected the outcome of this trial, along with railroading the state with this elaborate claim of a tragic drowning accident. The truth will never be known...that's the saddest part of this entire trial that lies were believed and the truth didn't prevail...which goes against the grain of our judicial system..A Travesty of Justice when the jury allows a guilty person to go free...So, could the phrase of, let one guilty person free instead of jailing 10 innocent people hold true in this unjust verdict of not guilty...JMHO

No justice came to Caylee...

They should but I think the state will not pursue charges, at this point the A's have cost us tax payers way to much money and it's clear that the A's are like Teflon, nothing sticks to them.

She perjured herself and she should be prosecuted. She won't be prosecuted IMO, if this case has taught me anything it is that nothing is as it should be.

If she isn't charged with perjury it sends a clear message that any time a family member testifies on behalf of a family member, go ahead and assume they are lying. It's not like anything will happen to them if they lie under oath.

eta...Jeff Ashton was asked, on the Today show, if they would seek charges against Cindy and he said that he doesn't know and it isn't his decision to make

Yesterday while waiting for the verdict, and so sure Casey would be convicted, I figured Cindy was already being punished in the worse possible way.

Today I changed my mind. Have a go at her.

Failing to prosecute CA. Failing to investigate JB's suborning of perjury from a witness. HHJP failing to hit JB with the absolute biggest hammer he has in his box, would do immeasureable harm to what fragments remain of our criminal justice system. Right now the message to the citizenry, the electorate and the practicing lawyers is quite simply "the rules no longer apply. The biggest, most brazen liar wins."

We have been talking about JB as one of the most marginal if not outright incompetent attorneys in the nation. Well guess what. With this underhanded victory (and lets be frank he won because he lied in his opening statements and embedded the image of GA's p**** in KC's mouth at age 8 indelibly in the juries minds) JB has catapulted himself from the case study of "do not do this" to the new baseline for allowable misconduct. You can already see it from all the smarmy talking heads racing to praise him. The only way to stop this further deterioration of our legal system into something from "The Jersey Shore" is to hit all of the participants hard now.

I wish they would ,but I don't think they will.
=
The ultimate irony would be JB is jailed for contempt and CA is jailed for perjury.

They should but I doubt they will. Sends one heck of a message, doesn't it? The kid who gave Ashton the finger gets jail time, a fine and public humiliation (OK .... he WANTED to be on camera, so he deserves to be humiliated). Cindy Anthony commits blatant perjury and what will happen to her? Probably zilch, legally speaking. I hope I'm wrong!

Anyway, I really want HHJP to make Baez's life miserable. Think it will happen?

I woke up this morning thinking it had all been a bad dream.
I'm so mad that I would want all the Anthonys prosecuted for perjury even though I've supported them all

The alternate juror says one of the reasons they voted not guilty was because they were a dysfunctional family...maybe if they all hadnt covered up her little lies from the beginning we wouldnt be in this position

I blame GA & CA now for not smelling BS within a couple of days of Casey leaving home, if my parents had been in their position I know that commonsense would have DEMANDED them that Caylee returned home because afterall that was Caylees home and they were living under her roof.

Boy I am so angry today and living in a different country - I cant even begin to imagine what you guys must be feeling if I'm this mad!

What I think is that our Justice system and the intent of what our founding fathers meant for it to be,has been hijacked by people who say things like "it depends on what the meaning of IS is."
I hope the jurors see pictures of the outline of Caylee in the trunk.I hope will look at every video of what happened when they weren't in the courtroom .I hope they come to the realization that they let a sociopathic monster free to continue inflicting harm on others and then,I hope they horrified.
Something hinky happened in that jury room. JMO
ETA: No disrespect meant to President Clinton,that was just an example of twisting words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998