GUILTY MI - Mariha Smith, 5, Detroit, 24 July 2011

But that is a pretty brutal way to dispose of a little girls body--setting her on fire. Who does that?
And what a stupid move--go buy a beer can full of gas, right in front of surveillance cameras. What a moron.

Extremely brutal. Who does that? I say someone who might think that this would be the ideal way to destroy any evidence but still not have the necessary intelligence or forethought to recognize the risk involved with purchasing gas at a convenience store in front of surveilance cameras. Moron, absolutely! Not only a moron but he was most likely at the all night party as well. So you have a drunk, probably stoned moron.

I couldn't have called it better lonetraveler. Yup that label fits pretty darn good.

No recent news????

Anyway, here is a picture of Darnell Cheatham Jr. in court.

28800796_240X135.jpg

No recent news????

Anyway, here is a picture of Darnell Cheatham Jr. in court.

28800796_240X135.jpg

I don't know if he looks like the poi who purchased the gas, due to the cornrows in his hair. (are they still called corn rows? If that is no longer politically correct my apologies.)

It bothers me to no end an arrest has not yet been made in this case.

I agree Cubby even as blurry as that pic was you would have been able to see the cornrows. Unless he had them done after the video was shot or after arrest while in jail?

ETA: shoot went back and looked so see how long his hair was and I can't remember what that style is called. I asked daughter what it's called now and she said oh just twists or twisties. I dunno Cubby. But given how short those twists are then his hair is very short probably.

ETA again: box braid. I remembered lol.

Bump it's been almost a week and half and no news. sigh.

:bump:

Bumping for Mariha. I hate seeing this thread on page 2. Still no new news. :(
I hope much is going on behind the scenes and arrest for this childs murder comes soon.

No new news in almost a month :( I'm still thinking of Mariha.

I was really expecting a different outcome then what we have, no arrests for her murder yet...

Boy o boy this is just like Neveah all over again, I am beyond discouraged with the Michigan police AGAIN.

And what's strange is how the media reported the arrest the day of Mariha's funeral. It was reported as if the perp was arrested for her murder rather than for a violation of probation or parole on a drug charge. That reporting probably falsely led the majority of locals seeing this on the news that the murder was solved. :(

Mariha we have not forgotten you and are still praying for justice.

Nothing that I can find. :( I hope soon, otherwise I might have to send out a Cubs fan jinx on the Detroit Tigers for this falls World Series. ;) ( I think I heard this afternoon their magic number for the playoffs is 7).

Here is what I meant upthread about the horrid reporting on the day this precious child was laid to rest. Probably when most locals saw the news coverage.

Last Updated: August 05. 2011 7:52PM
Police arrest man in Mariha Smith slaying

Josh Katzenstein/ The Detroit News

Detroit— Police arrested a man in the killing of 5-year-old Mariha Smith on Friday, hours after hundreds gathered to mourn her death.
"We have a person of interest that has been arrested based on preliminary findings by the homicide unit," Detroit Police Sgt. Eren Stephens said Friday.
The arrest was made late Friday afternoon, she said. The man is the boyfriend of one of Mariha's aunts, a source told The Detroit News.

And then 3 days later: And this is just a copy of the google info via search. The article is no longer there. :(

Man linked to Mariha Smith arraigned on probation violation not ...

www.freep.com/.../Man-linked-Mariha-Smith-arraigned-probation-... - Cached
Aug 8, 2011 – A man considered a person of interest in the death of a 5-year-old Detroit girl is being held in the Wayne County Jail on probation violations.

There was never any update in the media that I recall whether the Aunt Q who was 'missing' and LE couldn't find her, has been found or not. Or if she is on the run or what..... Aunt Q IIRC is the one that was involved with the guy arrested.

So sad this precious child appears to have been completely forgotten by the media. :(

We haven't forgotten you Mariha and are still praying for justice.

Just checking in on updates for her. Any news?

FBI statistics say African Americans and other minorities make up a larger portion of missing victims than the media represents. Join me and ask your friends to follow @vce4themissing on Twitter. We might make a difference.

Person Of Interest In Slaying Of Mariha Smith Released

5-Year-Old Detroit Girl Found Dead In July In Vacant Detroit House

POSTED: Friday, September 23, 2011

UPDATED: 3:20 pm EDT September 23, 2011

DETROIT -- A person of interest in the slaying of a 5-year-old Detroit girl whose burned body was found in a vacant house has been released from jail.

Darnell Cheatham, 19, was let go Friday after being held since Aug. 5 for violation of his probation, stemming from a 2010 second-degree home invasion case.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/29281441/detail.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288