CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I understand, that e-mail was sent to two different people hours apart. Considering AG's privacy paranoia and her extensive knowledge of computers, I have to believe that her computer was password protected and possibly even her e-mail account.

I also understand that AG would only send e-mails to people one at a time, never to more than one recipient, for fear that people would see her other e-mail contacts. If the killer wanted to send out that e-mail, I'd think he/she would have sent it to all contacts at the same time, perhaps not knowing AG's aversion to doing this.

MOO

What if it was someone who was well aware of this aversion though -- hmm?

It's puzzling that AG feared her email address being disclosed. AG was very computer savvy, so must have known that any one of her email contacts could forward her emails to their own contacts and AG would never have been aware of that unless she was told, i.e. the gentleman who wrote on the condolences page that he almost lost AG as an email contact because he had forwarded one of her emails.

IMO, several people must have had AG's email address.

I don't think that LV was the beneficiary of AG's will for some reason. PK actually just mentioned in his last post that she was questioned when she bought a new car about where the money came from.

For some reason I was thinking that AG left her estate to an animal charity? Does anyone else remember this?

Perhaps PK can answer this question for me.

Highlighting the query to PK in case he drops by! :)

Post 273 PK says LV was the sole beneficiary and she told him it was approx 500 grand. I have tried to put the quote here but it doesn't work (I am a bit basic in my computer skills.)

ETA: he doesn't actually say she told him but that he got that information from her.

From Feb 8,
"In the last month, Gleave’s Indian Trail house has been sold in an estate sale. Neighbour say the lights are on in the home all the time now.

The month has also been a time for reflection. F’s mom, L, who e-mailed back and forth with Gleave, has been going through past messages.

F said there was an e-mail about a month before her death in which Gleave described not wanting to go outside at night without her two big German shepherds.

This only makes the neighbours question even more why the dogs were locked inside and why Gleave’s body was found in the garage. There is a door into the home from the garage."
http://www.thespec.com/news/local/a...ey-gleave-s-murder-and-neighbours-are-anxious

What if it was someone who was well aware of this aversion though -- hmm?

Very possible...although if the emails were hours apart, that would put the perp in the home for a long period of time.

MOO

Post 273 PK says LV was the sole beneficiary and she told him it was approx 500 grand. I have tried to put the quote here but it doesn't work (I am a bit basic in my computer skills.)

ETA: he doesn't actually say she told him but that he got that information from her.

Thank you Canadian4. You are right, PK did say that LV was the sole beneficiary. So is she a POI? It appears that she (and I suppose her family) was the only one to benefit monetarily from AG's death and as executor, she was likely aware of this.

Does anyone else find it odd that AG would leave everything to a woman who claimed to have only been inside the house once? When she had what appeared to be a close relationship with PK as well? I wonder if she ever considered adding PK to her will and if she ever discussed this with LV.

Someone else mentioned that it was kind of strange that LV never checked on AG after bringing her the soup on the 27th, knowing that she was not feeling well. And PK said it was odd that he never received any emails from AG after that date when he usually got 2 or 3 every day. Has LV ever indicated that she attempted to call AG during those 2-3 days before AG's body was found?

Very possible...although if the emails were hours apart, that would put the perp in the home for a long period of time.

MOO

I think the perp may have been in the home for quite some time and when the neighbour's dogs started barking around 2:30 a.m., it may have been the time when the perp was leaving the crime scene.

AG being found in the garage with her coat on makes me think she was going to have a cigarette with this person and once she turned her back to go through the door, she may have been hit from behind and rendered unconscious first.

imo

I don't think that LV was the beneficiary of AG's will for some reason. PK actually just mentioned in his last post that she was questioned when she bought a new car about where the money came from.

For some reason I was thinking that AG left her estate to an animal charity? Does anyone else remember this?

Perhaps PK can answer this question for me.

I'm not PK but my initials are close ;) ... donations requested to the animal charity came up in AG's obituary that was posted on the memorial site. IIRC, it was PK who told us that LV was the sole beneficiary, so yes ... odd that LE would question her re the new car. Have to say, my head is still spinning with the speed with which AG's estate was handled.

http://www.thespec.com/news/crime/article/308663--a-complicated-vicious-killing
"There are items missing from Audrey's house, he says. What they are, he won't say. Valuables? Trophies?

Some items have been found during the ground searches. He again won't say what they are and adds detectives do not know for sure they relate to the homicide."

I just wanted to add these bits, also from an earlier news post.Also, I was thinking the imagery of AG with fire red hair and high, high heels must have really made an impact on some students, did she have a long term stalker or a jealous rival with a perverse idea to steal a "red pelt" ?

“She had red hair, red lipstick, red fingernails and high, high heels,” he says. “She was quite a striking woman. And she had a real love for cars. She drove a bright yellow Rover.”

Unrelated, I just thought it would be great if this lady popped in to WS..

Crime doesn’t pay, but analyzing it was rewarding work

Nancy Kaneva is retiring from her job as a civilian crime analyst with the Hamilton police. She's been with the service for 36 years.
Ron Albertson/The Hamilton Spectator

If you’re going to do something, do it right.

That maxim has served crime analyst Nancy Kaneva very well over her 36 years with the Hamilton Police Service.

http://www.thespec.com/news/local/a...esn-t-pay-but-analyzing-it-was-rewarding-work
You developed the Hamilton Police Service’s first in-house databank of sexual deviants, a system all officers have access to and which is shared with investigators elsewhere. What was the need you saw?

“I’d been involved with ViClas (the National Violent Crime Linkage Analysis System,” which was not recording “preliminary crimes” (non-violent offences which are often warning flags. Experts agree violent sex offenders often graduate from non-violent acts such as stealing underwear off a clothesline or stalking and voyeurism to more serious offences.)

What did you use to create a databank?

“Eleven years ago, I began to note down things like behaviour, victimology, geographic location and vehicles, working with officers as they gathered information, adding a little at a time.”

What is also so disturbing is that LE has not solved ...

SV, SL, KF, Orillia rapist, and I know there are more, but can't remember names.

It would be interesting if someone could set up a table/grid with the details of each crime and what we know about each victim, i.e. date, ET of death/attack, any commonalities and see if this forum can try to establish our own perp profile.

With all due respect to LE, whom must be so frustrated, little details can get missed that others pick up on.

On some of the cold case files on tv, a different set of eyes reading the files years after a crime, pick up on details that were missed the first time around.

Just a thought and just imo.

Yes, I also am upset that these cases have not been solved. IF there is one perp for all of them (which I've often thought), it's all the more disturbing.

I just thought of something - Audrey's Camaro would have been fitted with On Star and this allows police, ambulance, GM, friends, etc. to be able to track the car at all times. IF Audrey had been picked up whilst driving her car (and then told to drive home with the attacker) the police will be able to track all of Audrey's car trips through On Star. It will also tell when the car was last driven and to where.

Question for PK: Did Audrey use On Star and her GPS frequently? Thanks.....

Yes, I also am upset that these cases have not been solved. IF there is one perp for all of them (which I've often thought), it's all the more disturbing.

I just thought of something - Audrey's Camaro would have been fitted with On Star and this allows police, ambulance, GM, friends, etc. to be able to track the car at all times. IF Audrey had been picked up whilst driving her car (and then told to drive home with the attacker) the police will be able to track all of Audrey's car trips through On Star. It will also tell when the car was last driven and to where.

Question for PK: Did Audrey use On Star and her GPS frequently? Thanks.....

how do you know her car had OnStar?

I suspect that perps (especially with oxycontin addictions)keep an eye out for the elderly or disabled as they exit pharmacies, so they can steal their medication on the spot, or watch and follow the potential victim to rob later .

they absolutely do - there've been several robberies of the elderly where I live - one where the victim was in a wheelchair & the perp just grabbed his script and ran

how do you know her car had OnStar?

Because I have a 'Vette and all GM vehicles are equipped with On Star. I believe it comes with the car - not as an added thing. (Could certainly be wrong, though. Perhaps Audrey decided to not bother with that.) :dunno:

Pardon my foolishness: you could be/are right - Audrey might NOT have chosen the On Star option. In my defense, I was thinking of 'Vettes which are very similar to Camaros. (One would think that a single, female driver would have On Star. But, my mistake........:blushing:)

"Gleave left the club a few years ago but the pair remained friends, visiting once or twice a week. Gleave attended a lot of the V family gatherings, such as Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter.

V said she last saw Gleave Dec. 27.

"She was here Boxing Day but was feeling under-the-weather," she said.

"I took some soup out to her on Monday morning and that was the last time I saw her."

Va said she was told by police investigators that Gleave had sent an e-mail to a friend on the night of Dec. 27.
Just wanted this info reposted for posterity.
http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2913

"She was an eccentric, eclectic individual and very private," Vanstone said. "Private in a very big way.

"All of the times I visited her, I think I was only in her house once.

"Usually, we sat on a bench outside the house where we would talk."

Va said that Gleave always worried about strangers getting her e-mail address.

"She said that Gleave was so private that she never mentioned that she had another friend in Brantford who lived in the same neighbourhood as V"

"She was very much a recluse especially in the last few years".

"She loved to talk about recipes, computers, cars, animals, Suduko, TV programs and other mind-boggling things that were over my head. She was unique, giving and a stickler for being on time."

Among Gleave's friends were members of her Wednesday morning coffee group of retired teachers, V said.

Gleave was an avid golfer with many golfing buddies, V said.

Gleave lived for her two German Shepherds, her shopping trips to Costco (her favourite store) and summer drives in her racy Chevy Camaro, she added.

"She loved her dogs but I never really trusted them," V said. "They were always kind of roaming around when I was there and when we sat and talked I didn't dare get up suddenly or make any quick movements."
(Although this opinion seems to have been formed after only one visit- so I conclude that was why there was not another..)Also wondering about the fear of strangers getting her email.Could Ag be connected to a celebrity or fearful of organized crime?

Also check comment 14 for unverified info about dogs.

[bbm] my interpretation is that there were several visits but they sat outside and the dogs were roaming around outside ...

Because I have a 'Vette and all GM vehicles are equipped with On Star. I believe it comes with the car - not as an added thing. (Could certainly be wrong, though. Perhaps Audrey decided to not bother with that.) :dunno:

Pardon my foolishness: you could be right - Audrey might NOT have chosen the On Star option. In my defense, I was thinking of 'Vettes which are very similar to Camaros. (One would think that a single, female driver would have On Star. But, my mistake........:blushing:)

if she had privacy concerns, which we've read about, I can see her having no interest in a tracking device, especially with all the bad press they've gotten lately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth